Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Oh man it's been a while since I've done this.

All of those insigs are trash. :twisted: Low rolls, bad affixes or both.

The only ones that are not completely poo poo ones are the Thor and Hulk insigs with crit and brut and the weapon x with crit and hp.

HES BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Iron Fist
Iron Fist has topped our metrics since the Biggest Update Ever. With this patch we took the opportunity to fix several bugs and retune certain overperforming Powers and Talents as described below:
  • Black-Black Poison Touch - Serpent Stance damage over time increased.
  • Chi Blast - Vulnerability effect increased from 10.4% to 15%.
  • Tiger Stance - Critical Rating bonus increased.
  • Fury of Five Hundred Forces - damage reduced.
  • Flow like the River Talent - buff now also increases damage of all powers.
  • Crimson Hammer Talent - all Critical Hit and Brutal Strike bonuses greatly increased.
  • Follow Through Talent - damage bonus reduced to 50%.
  • Deliberate Tempo Talent - bonus damage reduced to 100%.
  • Chi Surge Talent - no longer refreshes the cooldown of Like Unto Iron. Cooldown now shown on the tooltip.

Bug Fixes:
  • Master of Many Styles Talent - Stance Combo powers now correctly remove Radiance stacks.
  • Crane Stance - health on hit bonus increased and now properly interacts with Solid Stances, Rolling Thunder, and Blended Styles Talents.
  • Fury of Five Forces and Ninjutsu Dash now correctly show Vulnerability information on the tooltip.
  • Fixed an issue where Fury of Five Hundred Fists would not trigger Chi Burst while in Tiger Stance with Eddies of Chi active.
  • The added Chi Burst from effect from Ripple on the Pond should now always trigger.
  • Fixed an issue where Fury of Five Hundred Fists would not trigger Chi Burst while in Tiger Stance with Eddies of Chi active.
  • The added Chi Burst from effect from Ripple on the Pond should now always trigger.
  • Removed several defensive bonuses he received that were not displayed on any tooltips (and unintended).

Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl metric data showed several mechanics were causing certain builds to be incredibly overtuned. As a result we've taken the time to fix many of her bugs, as well as re-tune several of her Powers and Talents as described below:
  • Infectious Excitement Talent - damage greatly increased.
  • Dive Bomb - Spirit cost reduced to 12, damage reduced. Fixed an issue in which the damage vs Bleeding targets was granting less bonus damage than expected.
  • Nutcracker - Spirit cost reduced to 14, damage reduced.
  • Squirrelpocalypse - Spirit cost reduced to 16, damage over time damage decreased. Vulnerability duration increased to 8s.
  • Squirrel Friends, Sic 'Em! - damage decreased.
  • Light the Beacon! Talent - damage bonus reduced.
  • Swell the Scurry Talent - damage bonus and duration reduced.
  • Seeing Red Talent - offensive bonuses reduced.
  • Heavy Shelling Talent - updated tooltip to clarify the 2nd and 3rd Acorn hits are at half damage.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue where Savage Swipe would sometimes activate outside of its range when bound to left click.
  • Fixed an issue where Fell the Tree was not properly increasing the damage of Nutcracker or applying the Execute affix.
  • Fixed an issue where Heavy Shelling wasn’t correctly affecting Nutcracker when Acorn Artillery was used.
  • Fixed an issue where Swell the Scurry wouldn’t summon your maximum squirrels with Light the Beacon active.
  • Squirrelpocolypse will display a cooldown tooltip, not an attack speed tooltip, with Squirrel Stampede active.
  • Fixed an issue where the bleed effect of Seeing Red sometimes wouldn’t trigger.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Squirrel Girl's Raining Rodents to fail to activate if her dash was used during the power.
  • Squirrel Girl's Tippy Toe now correctly inherits the players stats.
  • Fixed a bug in which Tippy Toe would deal less damage after a region change.
  • Squirrels summoned when you hit with a power will now be the correct version while wearing the Aviator or Holiday costumes.
  • Free Hugs! Talent now resets Squirrelpocalypse's cooldown when the Squirrel Stampede talent is selected.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Eventually all of the tall poppies will be lopped off and they can get around to addressing the characters who are bottoming out the metrics.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

punchymcpunch posted:

legion is probably the best-looking show on tv right now
also the best horror show since twin peaks

I'm sorry, but Twin Peaks is a comedy. Until it became a romance, which was pretty horrific.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

obviously you skipped the ep where leland palmer burst into tears

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

All of those insigs are trash.

im happy for u babe

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

I get goosebumps when I see a retired master return to his art. Seeing deathplague poo poo on someone's insignia collection was like Jordan stepping back on the court. David Lynch magicfinger wiggling his way back to the director's chair. IOD donning his identity-concealing unibomber get up and chowing down on a bunch of gross poo poo. Pure ecstasy.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
3.2k Danger Points per Cosmic Arti. A goddamn bargain, IMO.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
A good insignia:

It needs to have a team ability that actually contributes DPS, so not poo poo like Spider-Woman, Tony Stark, Adam Warlock, or HERBIE. Even Valkyrie's large chunk of health is marginal. Ideally, those stats aren't plain old damage rating (or conditional DR or attributes); attack speed, CR/CDR/BR/BDR are nicer. You get a lot more mileage out of adding to many different stats, too: Cyclops (DR/CDR/BDR/def/dodge) has more total itemization of DPS stats than Havok (energy DR/CR/BR), which in turn has more than Hawkeye (pure CR). Auras don't have random rolls, so one Cyclops aura is exactly the same as another.

The main affix you really want is CDR. Secondary affixes are CR, BR, BDR, or health. DR (be it melee, ranged, physical, energy, etc) is okay, but it's so abundant on other items that you almost never want it on slots that could be crit stats instead. Anything with +1 attribute (+1 attribute is worth 160 DR, so this is a really bad affix), move speed, defense/deflect/dodge, or spirit is almost always trash. (There are a few characters like IM, Carol, SM, etc. who get inordinate benefits out of spirit or defensive stats in certain builds, so there are edge-case exceptions.)

Anything that doesn't have at least a >75% CDR affix with another high roll on a useful stat is not a good insignia. Obviously equip whatever you have in the meantime! Don't bother trying to trade any lesser insignia, and you probably don't want to waste Cosmic Upgrade tokens on them either.

There's some just-plain-better auras like Cyclops, Frankie Raye, Quasar, Punisher, Medusa, and Wasp, and probably some more I'm forgetting. That said, don't worry about auras too much. An okay aura with perfect affixes is much more useful than the reverse.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It has been a couple weeks since Black Bolt was released, and we've received a lot of feedback and metric data on how he could be improved.

We've made substantial changes to many Powers and Talents as detailed below:
  • Various powers have had their animation timings shortened for more responsive canceling windows, and damage has been adjusted accordingly.
  • Power Progression unlock level adjustments:
    ● Quasi-Sonic Barrier - moved from lvl 18 to lvl 21
    ● Regal Mandate - moved from lvl 21 to lvl 24
    ● Master Blow - added at level 28
  • The out-of-combat Charge decay rate has been greatly decreased.
  • Killing Word - now deals a 2s irresistible stun.
  • Quasi-sonic Explosion - now requires and spends 50% Charge to activate. Deals 4% more damage per 10 Charge spent. Cooldown reduced to 4s. Now has the Ranged keyword and maps from Quasi-sonic Surge instead of Quasi-sonic Blast.
  • Regal Mandate - no longer restores Charge and instead reduces cooldown by 6s if 200 Charge can be spent. Keyword changed from Generator to Discharge. This power now animates faster.
  • Close Combat - now restores Charge on hit as a Basic power instead of dealing increased damage vs weakened targets.
  • Quasi-Sonic Torrent - default cooldown reduced from 12s to 8s. No longer restores Charge and instead reduces cooldown by 6s if 200 Charge can be spent.
  • Terrigen Echo - Charge gain increased to 50%, cooldown increased to 8s.
  • Terrigen Breath - Charge gain increased to 20%, cooldown reduced to 4s.
  • Quasi-sonic Infusion Talent - removed cooldown increase for Killing Word.
  • Inhuman Shockwave - added Melee keyword.
  • Swooping Strikes - added Movement keyword.
  • Split the Sky Vulnerability duration increased to 8s.
  • Cosmic Confluence Talent - The Cosmic Confluence hotspot is now summoned with Split the Sky instead of replacing Quasi-Sonic Geyser. Melee buff removed. Hotspot duration increased to 8s.
  • Master Blow is now a permanent power in the Scion of Attilan tree. It has been modified to move Black Bolt to the target before the punch begins. By default, it is a 20s cooldown, non-Signature power with affix "Spend 200 Charge if available to execute targets". This means Black Bolt can now use both Master Blow and Killing Word in the same build.
  • Master Blow Talent - now transform Master Blow into a 30s cooldown Signature Power with the Always Brutal affix. Additionally, Killing Word loses its Signature status and is instead a lower damage 20s CD power.
  • True Attunement Talent - no longer constantly generates Charge while in combat. Instead, if Charge drops below 50 while in combat, gain 15% Charge per second for 3s (8s cooldown). Also grants health regeneration on Melee hit and a Critical Hit Chance bonus on Ranged hit.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fury of Attilan Talent’s version of Terrigen Breath now consistently refreshes the cooldown of Regal Mandate instead of sometimes failing.
  • Inhuman Constitution now grants Black Bolt additional maximum health.
  • Scepter of the Kree Empire (slot 1 unique) now correctly references "Generator" instead of "Charge" Powers.
  • Quasi-Sonic Geyser no longer has a cooldown and can be cast even if one already exists in the world (it is replaced), which should prevent situations in which it needs to be activated several times before successfully firing.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

Even Valkyrie's large chunk of health is marginal.

Valk's is specially poo poo because you are trading the best mod on the insignia for a min roll health bonus.

malhavok fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 14, 2017

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kheldarn posted:

It has been a couple weeks since Black Bolt was released, and we've received a lot of feedback and metric data on how he could be improved.

We've made substantial changes to many Powers and Talents as detailed below:
So melee lost the % damage buff and Master Blow is still 100% worth taking (because of Always Brutal), and does nothing to address any feedback that he's another ultra-generic feeling punch-man with no v/o and Colossus's sig but directional. :mediocre:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

So melee lost the % damage buff and Master Blow is still 100% worth taking (because of Always Brutal), and does nothing to address any feedback that he's another ultra-generic feeling punch-man with no v/o and Colossus's sig but directional. :mediocre:
Hey now, Beast hasn't even received this much attention as far as I can tell, and he's not all that much better than Boltablack Agaragon.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

the hero with mouth centric powers has a skill called Master Blow

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Is the Cow King Runeword the only thing Bovine Medallions are used for?

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'
About to unlock my first character....what would be a good one for mostly soloing poo poo?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

My vote's for Magneto.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

TheJetCityFix posted:

About to unlock my first character....what would be a good one for mostly soloing poo poo?

Ultron and Captain Marvel have been good for low level, itemless soloing of stuff.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Silver Surfer or Juggernaut are both pretty great at everything, although Gaz really hates Juggernaut. I would recommend getting Storm or Scarlet Witch but they are only 200 splinters so you could wait on either really.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

pick your favorites, see if they have any skills or talents that seem cool/fun to you, then roll with those

you're going to be leveling multiple heroes to 60 anyways and at this point probably every hero is viable for that so go with what you think you would enjoy

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

TheJetCityFix posted:

nobody has any trouble soloing green story, so you can just pick whoever for your first playthrough. that said...
  • Angela is tough, self-healing, jumps around a lot, and doesn't have limited resources. (She-Hulk and Thing are all in the same vein.)
  • Dr. Strange has a ton of flashy, big abilities, and can summon pets to tank (one of the best survivability tricks). His builds are a little more complicated to make since he has so many options, but he's no harder to actually play than anyone else. (Dr. Doom is similar.)
  • Rocket Raccoon stands in place and shoots things with a gun and everyone falls down dead. Groot tanks for him, which is handy. (Deadpool and Punisher fit in the same vein, although DP also has a bad melee build.)
  • Storm spams AOE fields and never stops, since her resource counts up and makes her hit even harder when it fills up. (Scarlet Witch and Human Torch play exactly the same way. Jean Grey and Magneto are also similar and good, although their resources work differently.)
  • Every single one of Thor's abilities feels like it hits really hard - and his damage is good. He's got at least two or three viable builds, too. (Captain Marvel is similar, although she only has one build.)
  • X-23 bounces around and murders things under her as she does so. (Nightcrawler and Spider-Man are similar, although not nearly as tough.)
Every character listed there is good both for leveling and at 60, and I didn't even list some of the good characters I'm not super familiar with, like Blade, Squirrel Girl, and Mr. Fantastic. The characters I didn't list, even bad characters like Taskmaster or Venom, will be fine for leveling 1-60, and by that point you'll have another character you'll want to work towards. The only characters I'd warn people away from:
  • Black Widow - bad AOE, weird awkward resources, very boring abilities
  • Colossus and Luke Cage - mostly boring attacks that are easy to whiff, relies on wimpy-feeling pets to do anything. Luke Cage has huge spirit issues to boot.
  • Wolverine - awkward and bad AOE, all of his good builds and abilities require inordinately high APM but don't feel super impactful because they're DOT- or buff-based. also putting him on this list annoys at least three GROOT FORCE long-timers which is hilarious
  • Winter Soldier - boring abilities and very bad spirit

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheJetCityFix posted:

Try out a few chars. Anyone that doesn't use spirit as their resource is probably a safe bet that they will be easy to level.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MMAgCh posted:

Hey now, Beast hasn't even received this much attention as far as I can tell, and he's not all that much better than Boltablack Agaragon.

At least Beast has the incredible gadgets build where you can rain down an endless stream of devices that explode for AOE bonus damage and debuffs (and I think gain cooldown reduction on his sig, I haven't checked him since his launch) while making the spirit bar your bitch.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Cease to Hope posted:

Wolverine - awkward and bad AOE, all of his good builds and abilities require inordinately high APM but don't feel super impactful because they're DOT- or buff-based. also putting him on this list annoys at least three GROOT FORCE long-timers which is hilarious

Great write-up and all true, but who are the three long timers? Is it a :thejoke: situation and the answer is davebo?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Differo Cathedra posted:

Great write-up and all true, but who are the three long timers? Is it a :thejoke: situation and the answer is davebo?

davebo, ICR, and I'm sure some third person will come yell at me

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's davebo, davebo's second account and davebo's third account.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It's insanely dumb that they gave Blade an Ammo resource but Bucky still lumps along doing his "like Punisher, in the sense that I have 0 Spirit" tip.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's a free to play game based on funny books. You could pick any character and mash your keyboard with your feet and you will be in the 99th percentile.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Differo Cathedra posted:

I have two cosmic 60s now, and both of them are Wolverine.

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'
Thanks a lot guys! I ended up going with Deadpool because I like the shooty all da bullets skill

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

davebo, ICR, and I'm sure some third person will come yell at me

Close but it's actually

Ghostlight posted:

It's davebo, davebo's second account and davebo's third account.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

TheJetCityFix posted:

Thanks a lot guys! I ended up going with Deadpool because I like the shooty all da bullets skill

Condolences.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I wish I was dedicated enough to cosmic my favorite character three times. Davebo is just on a different level

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Kainser posted:

I wish I was dedicated enough to cosmic my favorite character three times. Davebo is just on three different levels

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Preliminary patch notes posted:

Blended Styles Talent - now allows Stance passive bonuses to persist for 10s after changing Stances (up from 8s).
That's one decent thing coming out of this patch after all.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

TheJetCityFix posted:

that's the large cone aoe channel skill on him, right?

If so, then I highly recommend you check out Blade and/or Punisher; they have similar skills that are both way better and just in general are more powerful overall

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Now that I'm prestiging Punisher (only to red, Never Cosmic Again friends) it's kinda funny/sad that the skills you end using in The Good Build at 60 just feel so much better than the others as you level, too.

Good Build:
Talents: 22112
--- Now you only reload when you hit reload. Your bullets make people bleed. You have many auto-crit rockets. Your reloads reduce your sig CD. Your filler clears the loving room and burns through Ammo so you can reload often.
Powers:
Ol' Painless (was Full Auto before you took a Talent)
Roll
Pineapple Grenade (vuln)
Volatile Nerve Gas (DoT)
RPG (4 auto-crits, mmmm)
Rapid Reload (+20% base damage forever, hell yes)
The Davy Crockett (sig)
Magnum (6 auto-crits, mmmmmmm)

Wear his uniques (Sword Gun for your Slot 1). You get 36 stat points from them with good rolls, +2 more from procs, as well as a healthy amount of CR, CDR, BR, and BDR.
Artifacts: Kevlar Helmet, GoK (?), Flag of the Skrull Empire, Crossbones' Teaching Credentials (Int).
Medallion: Infernal Skrull. Int on Int on Int baby.
Uru: Doop
Legendary: Axe
Ring: Sling Ring or a decent Cosmic if you must
Pet: +Int is what matters the most
Challenge Bonuses etc: +Int where you can. Prioritize Int over Fighting forever because half your kit is auto-crits and Int = CDR = big yellows and bigger reds.

Congrats! Punisher's fun again.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 15, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I run the same except I use his sniper instead of his volatile gas grenade.

Get a slot 2 cosmic or at least use Kraven's vest. poo poo is legit for fight / int people since it adds a ton of damage.

Also his reload is bugged and only gives the +20% base damage every other reload. It's not even an internal cooldown thing either so :gaz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

you should use doc oc medallion and mfh arti for that sweet 55% increased aoe with his slot5 unique, clear twice as much with every power