Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Don't tell me what to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HapXL
Mar 16, 2005
I found a used copy of destiny at a swap meet for $2 over the weekend. My niece had shown interest in the game when she played it on my Xbox so I grabbed the game for her. It doesn't have any of the expansions though, which item should she purchase on the Xbox store so she can have all of the expansions? Or, is there a website where I can purchase a digital key that will give her all of the expansions?

It is the Xbox one version for the record.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

omg chael crash posted:

Don't tell me what to do

Do you play on Xbox One or do you live in government subsidized housing? We can run some content with you to get the LL up faster.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

HapXL posted:

I found a used copy of destiny at a swap meet for $2 over the weekend. My niece had shown interest in the game when she played it on my Xbox so I grabbed the game for her. It doesn't have any of the expansions though, which item should she purchase on the Xbox store so she can have all of the expansions? Or, is there a website where I can purchase a digital key that will give her all of the expansions?

It is the Xbox one version for the record.

Destiny: The Collection

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Do you play on Xbox One or do you live in government subsidized housing? We can run some content with you to get the LL up faster.

PS4, no subsidized housing.

Do we have PSN community or anything for Destiny? Could use some pals. PSN: "literallygary"

HapXL
Mar 16, 2005

cvnvcnv posted:

Destiny: The Collection

You can't just buy the expansions? You have to buy the whole game at $60 still?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

HapXL posted:

You can't just buy the expansions? You have to buy the whole game at $60 still?

Try buying the Destiny Collection Upgrade for $40. You're not supposed to be allowed to buy it (it's intended as an upgrade from 360 to XB1) but they let me buy it by accident.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Do we have PSN community or anything for Destiny? Could use some pals. PSN: "literallygary"

If you consider a bunch of filthy unshaven cretins huddling in tents down by the river, yes there's a community.

Should have bought an xbox where it's all big dicks, convertibles, and hot coder wives.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I think we're going to Jupiter/the Jovian Moons in a few weeks. And maybe the Vex are there. First, Geomantic Symbols table:

At the end of the Age of Triumph reveal twitch, there was this. It has the Day glyph for Jupiter, "Acquisitio" in the top left corner of the planet, plus what looks like a lot of moons, and the Vault of Glass logo???:

At E3 2013 when they revealed Destiny, the reveal content included Jupiter (probably Europa), with the Night glyph, "Laetitia", with an ice level layout:

At first I thought the planet was Mars, because it's red, but THIS is Mars with the SIVA logo on it:

They also had Earth:

the Moon, with a big Hive logo on it:

And Saturn, basically untouched:

If you guys remember me pointing out earlier that these transit billboards in Last Exit looked like different Waveforms (left to right, triangle wave, sine wave, square wave):

...I noticed that the Traveller also has the faint implications of the very same waves dressed around its outside in the very last fadeout of the video:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
get out and take it to reddit

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Ah thats who you are. Send me a message if you want a hand and im online. If im not doing pvp im probably down to help you get poo poo done.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I had to double check that I hadn't accidentally clicked a link to /r/destinythegame

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Let me know when you find the "grunt birthday party" skull.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Interesting, cool, yep

frantically pushes the Strong Men In White With Syringes Button under the desk

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Ah thats who you are. Send me a message if you want a hand and im online. If im not doing pvp im probably down to help you get poo poo done.

I think you maybe made this avatar for me a million years ago

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Alright, if I've hit you guys' absolute boundary of care for this poo poo, I'm gonna quit posting about it. Thanks for enjoying it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I was having fun, BUT gently caress YOUR BALL GO AHEAD AND TAKE IT

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The short of it is if Bungie actually did have a secret code hidden in their game, someone smarter than you would have posted it months ago on reddit and a legion of spergs would have deciphered the whole thing while you were asleep.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bungie makes such a fuss over old content coming back (streams, posts, skywriters, etc.) that I can't believe they'd have an Actual New Thing (crucible map) and not be teasing it every Thursday for the past 6 months.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
There is no way their kids adding something like that you crazy person

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Will vendor weapons be updated like the April update from a year ago?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

They're deleting all weapons except sidearms. You have to pick up ammo for melee. Gear takes damage and has to be fixed with exotic shards or be destroyed forever.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

omg chael crash posted:

Oh poo poo I remember you! I ran a few raids with your group of friends back in the day. I'm pretty sure you showed me the ropes when I first started playing. You guys were hilarious.

I'm, like, really good at Destiny now.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

omg chael crash posted:

PSN: "literallygary"

How is this name not banned by PSN??

Edit: misread, sorry

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Needs a 69 at the end, for sure

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

el B posted:

Oh poo poo I remember you! I ran a few raids with your group of friends back in the day. I'm pretty sure you showed me the ropes when I first started playing. You guys were hilarious.

I'm, like, really good at Destiny now.

Poooom, yeah?

Ayo -- I don't think we're friends anymore for some reason. Add me!

All my dudes moved on, it's just me playing. Need some pals.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

omg chael crash posted:

Poooom, yeah?

Yeah

Weird. You probably got lost in the mass purge, back when ps4 only allowed me to have 100 friends.

I'll hit you up later

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bungie makes such a fuss over old content coming back (streams, posts, skywriters, etc.) that I can't believe they'd have an Actual New Thing (crucible map) and not be teasing it every Thursday for the past 6 months.

"Stay tunned for next week's update, where we will announce the date for the upcoming teaser trialer, for the upcoming twitch reveal event for our upcoming new bug fix update!!!!!!11"

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

omg chael crash posted:

Poooom, yeah?

Youre on my buddy list from diablo. If you see me on I'll do stuff with you, I usually just spam strikes or crucible depending on what I feel like.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How are you guys able to foster any kind of community around all the account hacks PSN gets?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Duuude you are gonna get so flamed next time their neighbor's wifi signal comes in strong enough to get a Post in

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

How are you guys able to foster any kind of community around all the account hacks PSN gets?

Because its like one every three months and its for like 6 hours at a time.

Its pretty much a non issue.

I keep thinking its gonna be vog even though they said scrotum first. Dunno what theyve done to freshen it up but I'm gonna guess middle strat wont be possible anymore.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
The thing is, people notice when PSN goes down, because people actually use it.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

My console is better than your console!

Anyway back to destiny Mayhem strikes sound fun but could possibly get old real quick particularly with burns active. A huge part of the fun in destiny is the challenge and all the orbs + quick recharge rates would probably be a little too easy.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

texaholic posted:

A huge part of the fun in destiny is the challenge and all the orbs + quick recharge rates would probably be a little too easy. is killing annoying bosses in seconds.

fixed that for me

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

This guy's voice is how I picture every reddit sperg's voice sounding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O8ruHi1clg

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I'm about to hit 385 in a day or two. What is the next step for gear, again?

Also you Boners were going to get me through HM Oryx and I'm on way less mind altering medication now. So...let's do that sometime and I'll be slightly less useless.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Captain Log posted:

Also you Boners were going to get me through HM Oryx and I'm on way less mind altering medication now. So...let's do that sometime and I'll be slightly less useless.

See chart, but basically strike chests, exotic engrams, hard WOTM, and crucible.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Just end game stuff, you can do hardmode raids, trials, iron banner, nightfalls, I might be forgetting something. Vendor rank up packages go up to 390 so use spare resources on your faction until you get to 390. Skeleton keys and exotic engrams go to 400 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone