Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Gilgamesh only has one arm what is this bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Nihilarian posted:

Gilgamesh only has one arm what is this bullshit

He's Auron

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Keiichi Okabe, composer of NieR 1,2 and Drakengard 3, is doing Gladio's theme in the DLC and a new version of Battle at the Big Bridge from FFV in a NieR style.

God drat :eyepop:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Augus posted:

God drat :eyepop:

:sigh: I really thought I was done with this game

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'm done with that Zach Snyder Gilgamesh.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
More Final Fantasies should let you do pro-wrestling moves on monsters.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't care that much but a "I NEED MORE POWER" quest is a little odd since he comes back the same.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Motto posted:

I don't care that much but a "I NEED MORE POWER" quest is a little odd since he comes back the same.

At the end he learns that he had the power inside himself all along, or at least he did once Noctis ground out enough AP to unlock Limitless Link, Impulse, and Gladio's Limit Break.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Motto posted:

He meant it in a "more powerful sexiness" way, which he got with his cool new scars.

Which is frankly unfair, considering his starting point.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Motto posted:

he gains the power to incessantly bitch at Noctis in Chapter 10

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Is there a new timed quest, or is it coming on tuesday?

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Finished it a week or two back (late to the party) and I really loved it.

For all of the odd pacing that came with the story's latter half, the ending, the heart and the boys made up for it. I could nitpick a few things but all in all I thought it was a very good time. Still going back to it just to waddle about.

I sort of wish the enemy levels got bumped up in the post-game world. Also, everytime I go back to Crestholm Channels I get super lost again. I think I'm two thirds of the way through.
That being said, I've really enjoyed the dungeons in the game and I hope more come with the season pass stuff. Also, I'm excited to have Cor back.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

SylvainMustach posted:

Finished it a week or two back (late to the party) and I really loved it.

For all of the odd pacing that came with the story's latter half, the ending, the heart and the boys made up for it. I could nitpick a few things but all in all I thought it was a very good time. Still going back to it just to waddle about.

I sort of wish the enemy levels got bumped up in the post-game world. Also, everytime I go back to Crestholm Channels I get super lost again. I think I'm two thirds of the way through.

Is it Prompto or Gladios who tells you the gap between two upper-level ledges can't be made, when in fact it's the only way to reach one of the four levers? I scaled that sewer bottom to top three times looking for an alternate route, only to find a YouTuber demonstrating the jump. Maybe I mistook the ledges for alternate, laddered ones or something, I'm dumb.

I've reached Hammerhead during the World of Ruin and am suddenly less inclined to power-level now that Breath of the Wild has turned out to be the greatest Zelda ever. Is the final chapter just as littered with plot holes and disappointment as the ones preceding it, or is there something fun to it? I'm worried leveling up in the normal world will be more fun than the climax, and am okay with watching a LP if the final dungeon is more trouble than it's worth.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Space Fish posted:

Is it Prompto or Gladios who tells you the gap between two upper-level ledges can't be made, when in fact it's the only way to reach one of the four levers? I scaled that sewer bottom to top three times looking for an alternate route, only to find a YouTuber demonstrating the jump. Maybe I mistook the ledges for alternate, laddered ones or something, I'm dumb.

I've reached Hammerhead during the World of Ruin and am suddenly less inclined to power-level now that Breath of the Wild has turned out to be the greatest Zelda ever. Is the final chapter just as littered with plot holes and disappointment as the ones preceding it, or is there something fun to it? I'm worried leveling up in the normal world will be more fun than the climax, and am okay with watching a LP if the final dungeon is more trouble than it's worth.

depending on where you are level wise it can be pretty quick.
That being said, it's sad, man.

I think by the time the emotional impact, for me anyway, rolled in I forgot about all the plotholes before it.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Space Fish posted:

Just beat the game and then decide whether you want to power-level and beat the extra dungeons or not. If you run past the harder enemies you've got like an hour left of the game, including cutscenes. If you managed to beat the latest boss the end part won't be a problem. It also contains the most fun fight in the game which would be ruined if you were too powerful.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Welp, I decided to slowly get back into this game. Unfortunately, I realized I'm only about an hour in, up to The Errand Prince.

And I can't drift the Regalia. loving why.

Other then that, anything new from... I guess last Christmas?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bunch of posts have been talking about it so you've all obviously already seen it, but I figure someone should actually link to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHr8DKtmtqU

Gladio DLC featuring the nier battle on big bridge music (and some gameplay I guess)

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Space Fish posted:

You can get to it without jumping. It's a part where there are like 4 tunnels next to each other and one leads to it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I found that latest timed quest really annoying, mostly because I'd be halfway through chopping up one of the big nasties and suddenly everything would go peaceful... as I'd wandered out of the big red circle. Incredible for a game's interface to cause you to run away from a battle, without warning, by attacking the enemy you're fighting. I'm not sure if doing that causes your enemies to start regenerating their health but I'm fairly sure it did - only another 50000 more HP to grind through! Plus with the big scorpion monster to fight at the same time and a lot of attacks that just outright took off all of Noctis' health = really rubbish!

To emphasise that I Am Bad At Video Games, I forgot to put on the Nixperience Band while camping at the end of a menace dungeon. Only 100,000 experience ill-spent, not the end of the world, but I think I am starting to check out of the game. But I still had the joys of Costlemark, Pitioss, killing the big tortoise, and Zu beak farming to look forward to, each sounding more enthralling a task than the last..!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Marmaduke! posted:

I'm not sure if doing that causes your enemies to start regenerating their health but I'm fairly sure it did - only another 50000 more HP to grind through!

I had a similar problem with one of the Naga bosses somewhere, when my whole party got turned into toads. Since the boss had nobody to fight anymore it just kind of milled around in a circle and gained some crazy health regen until i remembered to pop a remedy.

At least the overwhelm + bow of the clever combo makes chewing through fat stacks of HP pretty simple. It almost feels like cheating.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

When's the new timed quest?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

When's the new timed quest?

Six and a half hours away if it's like last week, not counting daylight whateverings time changes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

GreenBuckanneer posted:

episode gladios on ps4 looks like it runs at 15 fps. it also is short (the pax demo) and only has cor and gladio. they have the "xbox" version but it might be actually running on a pc. maybe it's an old build.

it also has different mechanics, a rage meter...

xbox good

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I can see fighting as Gladio fun, and Ignus because daggers/lances are what I have Noctis using most of the time anyway, but I'll be fascinated to see if it's possible to make Prompto fun to play as. Because even excepting his awful personality (now that I've beaten the game, I can definitively say it was even worse during dramatic scenes) using pistols just kind of sucks in general. Maybe that's why they're releasing it last.

At the very least I hope these DLCs get you new attire for the bros and I hope that somehow one of them is Fat Prompto.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I hope you can only take photos in episode prompto

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
prompto is good, gently caress you

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Norns posted:

I hope you can only take photos in episode prompto

Final Fantasy Snap. Make it happen, Tabata.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I was semi-excited to play Beefcake's Story but then I realized that the fancy limited edition I have doesn't actually include the season pass.

Thanks Square, you fuckers

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Instant Grat posted:

I was semi-excited to play Beefcake's Story but then I realized that the fancy limited edition I have doesn't actually include the season pass.

Thanks Square, you fuckers

They needed funding for SB ffxiv.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Marmaduke! posted:

I found that latest timed quest really annoying, mostly because I'd be halfway through chopping up one of the big nasties and suddenly everything would go peaceful... as I'd wandered out of the big red circle. Incredible for a game's interface to cause you to run away from a battle, without warning, by attacking the enemy you're fighting. I'm not sure if doing that causes your enemies to start regenerating their health but I'm fairly sure it did - only another 50000 more HP to grind through! Plus with the big scorpion monster to fight at the same time and a lot of attacks that just outright took off all of Noctis' health = really rubbish!

To emphasise that I Am Bad At Video Games, I forgot to put on the Nixperience Band while camping at the end of a menace dungeon. Only 100,000 experience ill-spent, not the end of the world, but I think I am starting to check out of the game. But I still had the joys of Costlemark, Pitioss, killing the big tortoise, and Zu beak farming to look forward to, each sounding more enthralling a task than the last..!

Pitioss is good :colbert:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Augus posted:

Pitioss is good :colbert:

I give Pitioss a lot of leeway because I like the idea, but it's a platforming dungeon in a game with very imprecise platforming controls, and that part near the end where you're supposed to jump on the statue is kind of opaque as gently caress.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Prompto's episode will play like Dirge of Cerberus.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

Prompto's episode will play like Dead Rising

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sakurazuka posted:

Prompto's episode will play like Dirge of Cerberus.

Surge of Durrberus.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Final Fantasy: Photous Decitand Ducati X.5

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I surprisingly liked Prompto way more than Gladiolus who I actually hated most of the time.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

I surprisingly liked Prompto way more than Gladiolus who I actually hated most of the time.

I don't think anything about this is surprising. Prompto and Ignus are the best bros and Gladio is the worst.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, Gladio is an unlikable poo poo. I get what they were going for with him but for him to really work as "Noctis' best bro who is actually willing to call Noctis on his poo poo" they need to have more personal interaction and him calling Noctis on him faltering needs to feel earned instead of him deciding to just poo poo on Noctis sometimes.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Gladio randomly swung between "loyal big brother" and "tough love" and it was kind of jarring every time it happened.

I hope prompto dlc is an FPS.

Ignis dlc should be a cooking sim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, Gladio is an unlikable poo poo. I get what they were going for with him but for him to really work as "Noctis' best bro who is actually willing to call Noctis on his poo poo" they need to have more personal interaction and him calling Noctis on him faltering needs to feel earned instead of him deciding to just poo poo on Noctis sometimes.

It didn't help that he kind of just fucks off for a chapter and still whines about poo poo like responsibility.

• Locked thread