Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about

Tenzarin posted:

Can we become austrillians to play it early?

We australians have to wait till the 23rd to play the full game so....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tenzarin posted:

I was planning to wait until a few days after release so all the appropriate drivers and day 1-3 patches can hit anyway. That's just my thing.

Also I get very consumed with work so waiting a few days until I have enough free time to really enjoy it works out better.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Tenzarin posted:

gently caress off where full! :argh: :australia:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Andrast posted:

I guess he was indeed a character in the game.
questionable

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Legion of One posted:

We australians have to wait till the 23rd to play the full game so....
The gently caress now ?

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about

Qmass posted:

The gently caress now ?

we get it a few days after everyone else for some reason

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Legion of One posted:

we get it a few days after everyone else for some reason

the reason is australia bad.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Australia gets owned YET AGAIN

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Singapore gets it on the 20th, at 11pm. Bioware showing off their Asian bias, those loving SJWs.

I'm also wondering exactly when I'll be able to get into the early access, what with their 'its available on the 16th worldwide' statement from a couple pages ago.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I'm kind of on the fence about getting it.

Do people think Bioware are capable of creating a well done cohesive ending, that maintains the illusion of choice across all the games in the series in a satisfying way?

I think I'd enjoy playing it if i felt confident it's not going to end on a starchild note.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Mar 14, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So I was thinking about animations while I watched this completely unrelated trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd7HEMm7Xmg

[insert .gif of shorty ryder grabbing gun minus a ton of animation here]

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Do people think Bioware are capable of creating a well done cohesive ending that maintains the illusion of choice in a satisfying way?

On a good days, yes. I think the ending to the genophage / Tuchunka plot was really well done and managed to reflect a range of choices made across three games.

gently caress knows what that means for Andromeda though.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Do people think Bioware are capable of creating a well done cohesive ending that maintains the illusion of choice in a satisfying way?

lmbo

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Doctor Spaceman posted:

On a good days, yes. I think the ending to the genophage / Tuchunka plot was really well done and managed to reflect a range of choices made across three games.

gently caress knows what that means for Andromeda though.

Tuchanka is probably the single best plot arc in the whole series.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Zzulu posted:

The emo ghostboy was way worse than Seras monkeycheese

At least i could sit on a roof and have a chat with sera about cookies or whatever

Ghostboy was just garbage

he sucked real loving bad, my friend, that much is for sure

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

Tuchanka is probably the single best plot arc in the whole series.

Tuchanka tended to be the exception, rather than the rule, though. The two climactic decisions of Mass Effect 1 and 2 resulted in a war asset variance.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

RottenK posted:

why are people so mad about the new blue girl

i tried to google it but every discussion that comes up is just idiots spamming gibberish about "SJWs"

I think the idea is that the mass effect people deliberately made all the women in Andromeda conventionally unattractive as some sort of appeal to feminism. And I think that might actually be true.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Space is no place for sexy alien babes, we have science to do!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We have DLC to pay for and download!

Or we will. Don't worry about that.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yea, that was really very well done.
It could have ended on a triumphant note with Mordin a hero, but they wasted it a bit among all the grim darkness.

Yea, I hear that.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

I'm kind of on the fence about getting it.

Do people think Bioware are capable of creating a well done cohesive ending, that maintains the illusion of choice across all the games in the series in a satisfying way?

I think I'd enjoy playing it if i felt confident it's not going to end on a starchild note.
Look at it this way: this is the first entry of a new storyline, so it'd actually be more comparable to ME1 than ME3. Did you like ME1's ending?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BrianWilly posted:

Look at it this way: this is the first entry of a new storyline, so it'd actually be more comparable to ME1 than ME3. Did you like ME1's ending?

I did. I also liked the ending to DA: Origins.

The endings to ME:3 and DA:I? *laughs while burning every copy of Robocop 3*

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I explained myself pretty badly. What I'd want really is to go into a new series, confident they aren't going to drop the ball at the end of it.

I don't remember ME1's ending as well as the second, probably because I wasn't so invested in the characters. But I remember thinking it was fine.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I explained myself pretty badly. What I'd want really is to go into a new series, confident they aren't going to drop the ball at the end of it.

I don't remember ME1's ending as well as the second, probably because I wasn't so invested in the characters. But I remember thinking it was fine.

You choose if the council and their flagship dies, or if human NPCs die.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Nevermind, misremembering the order of events.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Mar 14, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Clawtopsy posted:

You choose if the council and their flagship dies, or if human NPCs die.

I totally let the flagship explode every time as a great "gently caress you" after hanging up on the council during every holo conference call.

That was the only consideration. Some human lives were saved? Sure whatever.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Yea, that was really very well done.
It could have ended on a triumphant note with Mordin a hero, but they wasted it a bit among all the grim darkness.

The fact that you shoot Mordin with the Carnifex, the pistol he gave you as a token of goodwill when you first meet in ME2, shows that Bioware put a lot of thought into the scene. It's definitely a highlight of the series.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It would be worth the same amount of money if you bought it after it had been released and confirmed to be good/bad/broken but now you've just gambled with that money for no good reason. I don't understand you or people like you. Even if the money is nothing to you it's still, just, why?

It hurts my brain trying to understand why people do this.

I wanna play day one is that hard to understand

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Torrannor posted:

The fact that you shoot Mordin with the Carnifex, the pistol he gave you as a token of goodwill when you first meet in ME2, shows that Bioware put a lot of thought into the scene. It's definitely a highlight of the series.

Hah, of course. So they could do it, an ending that's worth debating and meaningful, if it was a priority for them.

I hope it is. It's easy to see the difference between that and the CHOOSE YOUR ENDING final sequence.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 14, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The only ending that matters is "buy this DLC to continue loving your space waifu and/or sausage meat".

EA should sell a $5 DLC that puts a vending machine on the ship that only dispenses carbonated cans of Tali sweat.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Rabid Snake posted:

I wanna play day one is that hard to understand

you can buy it and download it on day one there is no shortage of keys you dumb shits

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

DancingShade posted:

The only ending that matters is "buy this DLC to continue loving your space waifu and/or sausage meat".

EA should sell a $5 DLC that puts a vending machine on the ship that only dispenses carbonated cans of Tali sweat.

If they'd only had the balls to show Tali's photograph as some kind of Carpenter style Thing, but Shep acts exactly the same.

Totally worth it.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 14, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

If they'd only had the balls to show Tali's photograph as some kind of Carpenter style Thing, but Shep acts exactly the same.

Totally worth it.

There was a massive missed opportunity by not revealing Tali's suit was filled with a hive mind colony of spiders.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Totally worth it.

indoctrination is a mofo

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bud K ninja sword posted:

indoctrination is a mofo

The collector general should have been a romance option.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Moola posted:

you can buy it and download it on day one there is no shortage of keys you dumb shits

I'd preorder me5 right now if I could just to upset you further.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

DancingShade posted:

The collector general should have been a romance option.

this hurts you

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Better buy that lubrication DLC.

EA are you hearing this?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
assuming direct control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

I think as this series grows up there's potential for four balls to drop.