Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

in a way im glad i cant just plow through this in like a straight session and do it in a week and risk burning out.

thats what i say to myself but its not true, i want to play zelda now and and do nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just discovered some really cool stuff in a ravine.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

I've been playing for about 6 hours today and I still haven't ventured into the first dungeon. Almost got the whole map filled out though.
I've been playing since release day and still haven't been to any dungeons or any non-human towns, it's insane. I think I'm going to play this game forever

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

just discovered some really cool stuff in a ravine.

same, except on a mountain.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i finally checked my wii u activity log, i started playing this last sunday and i've got more than 30 hours in already. that might not sound like much but i'm pretty sure that's more than i played my wii u in all of 2016

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

toot toot

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i've been late to work every day for the past week because of this game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This past weekend I took down all four divine beasts and got you know what. We're supposed to get up to two feet of snow tomorrow so I'm gonna fill out the map, do some more shrines and then try to take down Ganon. This is one of the best games I've ever played.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

found a statue of squidward whle i was loving around ths weekend

also man, metal weapons conductng current in the electric shrines is ftw, this game fuckin rules

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

also man, metal weapons conductng current in the electric shrines is ftw, this game fuckin rules

or throw down some chuchu jelly

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao jfc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

:psyduck:

Nintendo, you son of a bitch

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the four people that jumped to tell me about fire chuchu jelly were all vindicated

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

lmfao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

This past weekend I took down all four divine beasts and got you know what. We're supposed to get up to two feet of snow tomorrow so I'm gonna fill out the map, do some more shrines and then try to take down Ganon. This is one of the best games I've ever played.

I haven't been to the northwest corner of the map at all, saving it for the snow day

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Fungah! posted:

Ah Ganon, or some say Ganondorf...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i need to figure out how to get a scale from one of the you know whats

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i need to figure out how to get a scale from one of the you know whats

just gotta remember where they hang out and get real close for a shot

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

and climb every mountain

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

i <3 TArrEy Town

edit: corrected :doh:

White Genocide fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 13, 2017

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

just gotta remember where they hang out and get real close for a shot

i don't want to hurt them, they seem friendly

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i don't want to hurt them, they seem friendly

this is probably what they're thinking everytime I fly into one of them and get massively owned

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The dragons must be punished for that crap they made you do in Skyward Sword

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've been playing since release day and still haven't been to any dungeons or any non-human towns, it's insane. I think I'm going to play this game forever
Last night I finally ventured into Zora's Domain and it's really awesome in there. It's crazy how they're able to make it feel like an entirely different world when in reality it's just this tiny little area on the middle of the map.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
completed my second main quest divine beast dungeons today, and finally (late game spoiler i guess) pulled the master sword out of the pedestal. i did it by using the statue near harenko to transfer two stamina points to hearts, and then used it to go back. pulling it out felt supremely badass. it never breaks, right?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

sector_corrector posted:

completed my second main quest divine beast dungeons today, and finally (late game spoiler i guess) pulled the master sword out of the pedestal. i did it by using the statue near harenko to transfer two stamina points to hearts, and then used it to go back. pulling it out felt supremely badass. it never breaks, right?

it can run out of energy and be unusable for a bit. but it recharges after a few minutes.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's good.

also, a quick question i don't want to risk going to a faq for about a later game enemy is there a trick to killing those hunter-killer style guardian drones that fly? i tried reflecting its shots back at it, but that just destroyed two shields. i also tried hitting its weak point, but it kept hovering. can you destroy the propellers to ground it?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

that's good.

also, a quick question i don't want to risk going to a faq for about a later game enemy is there a trick to killing those hunter-killer style guardian drones that fly? i tried reflecting its shots back at it, but that just destroyed two shields. i also tried hitting its weak point, but it kept hovering. can you destroy the propellers to ground it?

bomb arrows rip the propellers apart and ground it yeah, shooting its eye will also stun it for a good bit like the ground ones. highly recommend multi-shot bows for them

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I love just opening up my map, finding a little area I haven't been to yet and setting off to see what's there

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it's so badass that nintendo let their massively expensive tentpole game be so player directed

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

that's good.

You actually can reflect their lasers back at them, it just takes forever, since they swing back and forth a bit, so you need to have some luck. I found that avoiding them was easiest, because they're kinda annoying, and take a lot of arrows, and they stop hunting you pretty quick.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

looking at the map and imagining the possibilities at any travel point and choosing one that gets you really pumped

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've been advancing the storyline with my last few play sessions, so i think i'm going to do undirected exploring tonight

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i've met goron man and bird man and i still dont like the voice acting. glad there's so little of it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the animation is consistently amazing though. like wow

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
puyo puyo tetris at animevo

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

dragon enthusiast posted:

puyo puyo tetris at animevo

Lol if you don't own an import copy

Double lol for crowding the Zelda thread

Re clearing divine beasts cleared Zora and got the unique spear. Does it respawn or can things be repaired?

Just looking for a yes / no, no method spoilers please

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
no / yes

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was looking for a spot to collect sneaky river snails around the cliffs above Zora's Domain and gave up so I just jumped off a cliff, glided down gently and landed elegantly in another lush forest teeming with life in front of a big ol lake with some ruins in the distance. I don't even know where I was, I just stopped there for the night because I knew that was the start of another great sidetrack adventure. I love this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I like opening the map, zooming in and finding a place name that looks interesting and going over to explore. There's always been something to find, sometimes it's just a korok but it still makes it feel satisfying.

• Locked thread