Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

who wants to sign up for 'give your twitter to russia' club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

oliwan posted:

lol, i hope you die before you can reach the polling station and vote for the PVDA, which is the single worst party in the netherlands.
check the pvdd voting record and i hope your harakiri is quick and painless namaste

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sai posted:

check the pvdd voting record and i hope your harakiri is quick and painless namaste

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

oliwan posted:

there is only one real leftist option in the Netherlands, and that is Partij voor de Dieren. They are literally the only party that are openly anti-capitalist, and openly criticize economic growth as the ultimate factor for happiness. they are also the only party to openly support universal basic income.
yes, but they gotta gotta sort out the chemtrail issue and stop vaccinations before they do that tho!

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Entropist posted:

yes, but they gotta gotta sort out the chemtrail issue and stop vaccinations before they do that tho!

At least they dont surrender to capitalism like the SP does. :ussr:

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

look at all these infighting leftists

tomorrow you will all rally behind our lord and savior Klaver anyway

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

oliwan posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?
this is what they name as their big successes last year:

End of pleasure hunting in Groningen
Limburg will warn pet owners about fireworks
Puppyfraud with vaccination stopped
The Hague starts building nature inclusive
Amsterdam halts cutting down 2500 trees
Medical privacy put to higher standards
Groningen makes moves to gas-free energy
No more balloons in The Hague and Utrecht
Frisia starts sterilizing wild cats
Bull fight cancelled
Arnhem celebration now fur-free
Hunt for deer cancelled
Flevoland cancels thinning of geese population
Amsterdam Apeldoorn and The Hague want more attention for animals after domestic violence
No Fireworks at Utrecht Glowing Lights Festival
Coalition wants animal-friendly control of geese at Schiphol
Gelderland to become more sustainable
No exceptions in financial bonuses for British banks
Citizens no longer have to personally prove gas winning damages
Rotterdam starts seperating trash and goes vegetarian for animal day
Utrecht accepts new laws against factory chickens
South Holland starts project for more flowers and herbs in grass
Europe wants end of Japanese whale hunting
Temporary nature gets more space in Brabant
The Hague and Utrecht move to ecological flower bulbs
Monkeys used for medical tests freed
New fund for biological food
Netherlands outlaws import of animal trophies
Amsterdam, The Hague and Utrecht make no paper commercial copy standard
Netherlands says no to association agreement with Ukraine
Limburg starts working on sustainable energy
New evaluation of energy accord coming
EU against medicine won from horse blood
4.000 m2 of forest saved
Europe halts approval for new pesticides
Congress will call ecological agriculture 'climatesmart'
Congress wants to keep calfs with their mom cows for longer

Point out the ones that can be named left in any way (I already did, it's the one I made bold)

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

animals are good and cool but not that good and cool, imo

also the whole weird christian sect thing

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Messyass posted:

tomorrow you will all rally behind our lord and savior Klaver anyway

I'm actually tempted due to the polls, if there is some chance of GL becoming the biggest party, even though I know Klaver would be happy to bomb Ankara and start fracking in the Wadden Sea if it means they get their name on a list of 'constructive opposition members', let alone in government...

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sai posted:

animals are good and cool but not that good and cool, imo

also the whole weird christian sect thing

You sound like a dumb bitch computer toucher so I'm not going to debate you sorry friend

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

oliwan posted:

You sound like a dumb bitch computer toucher so I'm not going to debate you sorry friend

name one anti-capitalist proposal the pvdd has actually introduced in congress between working fulltime on making sure the condoms for foxes in the betuwe are degradable or whatever

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Entropist posted:

I'm actually tempted due to the polls, if there is some chance of GL becoming the biggest party, even though I know Klaver would be happy to bomb Ankara and start fracking in the Wadden Sea if it means they get their name on a list of 'constructive opposition members', let alone in government...

This is also why I might switch from SP to GL. I don't like how liberal they tend to be but they are the most left-wing party with an actual chance of ending up in government, which is worth something.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Just got word from oliwan's family that he has killed himself, very sad. You can honor his memory by voting for SP or GL, or hell even PvdA. Parties that will actually do something instead of jerking themselves off over the life quality of some stupid loving rodent in some Amsterdam canal. RIP in Peace.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Sai posted:

Just got word from oliwan's family that he has killed himself, very sad. You can honor his memory by voting for SP or GL, or hell even PvdA. Parties that will actually do something instead of jerking themselves off over the life quality of some stupid loving rodent in some Amsterdam canal. RIP in Peace.

Rip.

So much for the tolerant left.

Nee maar echt. Lol PvdD

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
so when do we find out election results?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Baloogan posted:

I'm getting the hot take in minute, standby.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Baloogan posted:

Its probably going to come in tomorrow evening EU time. So probably from about 1500 east coast time.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Sai posted:

Point out the ones that can be named left in any way (I already did, it's the one I made bold)
More left results than pvda, gl and sp combined. A good party.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

9-Volt Assault posted:

More left results than pvda, gl and sp combined. A good party.

i like your avatar

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Thatim posted:

Its probably going to come in tomorrow evening EU time. So probably from about 1500 east coast time.

There will be exit polls tomorrow night but we won't find out significant results until very late in the evening, will we? So the following morning is a better bet.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
If PVDD are full on anti capitalist have they made it clear what they want to replace it with? At least the SP has a theoretical framework and we know what they would replace it with. What does the PVDD suggest we replace capitalism with? Or do we tear it down first and then see how we organise our economy?

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
No People, no capitalism.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

AlexanderCA posted:

No People, no capitalism.

#PvdG

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm just happy we don't have any PvdA voters in the Dutch thread

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

aren't d66 and gl basically the same as the pvda when it comes down to it?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Imagine voting for Jesse klaver after seeing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCvYS02at18

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

"de eerst wat echt inspiratie voor me is, is imagine van john lennon"

help my eyes are stuck in a permanent roll

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
I might vote pvda because, while I prefer D66's more libertine attitude, I really dislike vvd's authoritarian "act normal" spiel. Economically I like a stronger welfare state in principle as well. But, It doesn't really affect my STEMlord situation personally.

So, welp, I'll probably just end up with D66 anyways because gently caress you, got mine.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

AlexanderCA posted:

I might vote pvda because, while I prefer D66's more libertine attitude, I really dislike vvd's authoritarian "act normal" spiel. Economically I like a stronger welfare state in principle as well. But, It doesn't really affect my STEMlord situation personally.

So, welp, I'll probably just end up with D66 anyways because gently caress you, got mine.

It's ok, all liberals are equal under the guillotine.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Something I want to know is why the Netherlands has so many parties. I heard that no party has ever gained a full majority of votes/seats in the history of Dutch elections, is that true?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

oliwan posted:

Imagine voting for Jesse klaver after seeing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCvYS02at18
mafak zeg. someone needs to bully this man

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Corek posted:

I heard that no party has ever gained a full majority of votes/seats in the history of Dutch elections, is that true?

That's not really that unusual in countries that aren't using first past the post.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

R. Mute posted:

mafak zeg. someone needs to bully this man

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I think CDA was biggest in the 80s with 35%.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Corek posted:

Something I want to know is why the Netherlands has so many parties. I heard that no party has ever gained a full majority of votes/seats in the history of Dutch elections, is that true?

The real question is why other countries have so few parties. Do y'all hate democracy?

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Corek posted:

The threshold is really low. Anyone that gets about 2/3 of a % of the vote gets a seat in parliament. Many countries have a minimum like 5 or 10 % before they count. A significant portion of our parties bounce around 2-5 seats.

Dutch politics is not first-past-the-post. Without a winner takes all, the formation of coalition is the norm. This allows people to vote for the party they want and discourages 'tactical voting'. And you know what they say; 17 million inhabitants, 17 million parties.

Add to this that a lot of parties are formed by 'splitting' of another party. This means that even minor parties have some experienced people at the top to organise the new party.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

gonna watch all these 5 track vids.

mark rutte's picks are essentially klavier's but one generation older. one of those liberal fans of rock who's probably really into the aesthetics of rock

buma's clearly going for beige-core. like consciously trying to be boring and bland. it literally has coldplay and the eagles.

asscher, a man i've never heard of: i can't focus on the words he's saying so borinnggg. wearing some raggedy-rear end sneakers. lame dutch music, a joke about his name sounding a bit about usher, the trolls song. weak. pathetic.

roemer: what the hell. most respectable answers so far.

pechtold: ughhhhhh. pretty sure every one of these picks was carefully selected by a committee somewhere. the first party leader where i not only believe he chose these songs, i also don't believe this man has ever listened to music before

roemer is the clear winner for me but only because the rest are so incredibly bad

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

R. Mute posted:

gonna watch all these 5 track vids.

mark rutte's picks are essentially klavier's but one generation older. one of those liberal fans of rock who's probably really into the aesthetics of rock

buma's clearly going for beige-core. like consciously trying to be boring and bland. it literally has coldplay and the eagles.

asscher, a man i've never heard of: i can't focus on the words he's saying so borinnggg. wearing some raggedy-rear end sneakers. lame dutch music, a joke about his name sounding a bit about usher, the trolls song. weak. pathetic.

roemer: what the hell. most respectable answers so far.

pechtold: ughhhhhh. pretty sure every one of these picks was carefully selected by a committee somewhere. the first party leader where i not only believe he chose these songs, i also don't believe this man has ever listened to music before

roemer is the clear winner for me but only because the rest are so incredibly bad

Now you know what to vote

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Thatim posted:

Now you know what to vote
im voting pvda

in belgium ! !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

All things aside, and even if most of our politicians are scum.. they are a whooooole lot less worse than their american collegues. Watching a debat of center right wing vs Christian party about green energy, yelling at eachother that they arent fixing it hard enough.

Comparing this to straight up denial... Wowzers

• Locked thread