Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Moola posted:

you can buy it and download it on day one there is no shortage of keys you dumb shits

I already know I was going to buy it tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I might be remembering it incorrectly it's been ages, but couldn't you kinda undo the genophage in ME1/2 then in ME3 they're like "it wasn't quite undone I guess, do you want to do it again?"

Also then I guess it didnt matter cause starchild blew up the Galaxy and paragon femshep became a reaper goddess.

E didn't they also come out saying the relays didn't actually blow up even though you get a cutscenes of the Normandy desperately outrunning a relay explosion?

Fwiw I didn't mind the ending at the yime, I thought the rest of the story was pretty bad and dismissive of your previous choices though. That seems to be the opposite of a lot of people's ME3 experience though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

nopantsjack posted:

I might be remembering it incorrectly it's been ages, but couldn't you kinda undo the genophage in ME1/2 then in ME3 they're like "it wasn't quite undone I guess, do you want to do it again?"

Also then I guess it didnt matter cause starchild blew up the Galaxy and paragon femshep became a reaper goddess.

No. You could save or destroy Maelon's research on the genophage but he wasn't curing it yet. And that does affect a few things in ME3 w/r/t the cure.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Moola posted:

you can buy it and download it on day one there is no shortage of keys you dumb shits

You're in the games forum friend we're all broken brained down here

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I think keeping the research in ME2 is necessary to keep Eve alive in ME3, but I could be wrong.

nopantsjack posted:

E didn't they also come out saying the relays didn't actually blow up even though you get a cutscenes of the Normandy desperately outrunning a relay explosion?
The Extended Ending changed things and was more explicit about the relays surviving.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

nopantsjack posted:

Not undo, but part of Modin's backstory was that he took part in a mission to modify and update the genophage during his time with the STG. The original genophage was on its way to failing because krogan physiology is tough as nails and they'd begun to evolve a resistance. Modin's loyalty mission is all about tracking down his assistant, Maelon, who was part of the mission but had a change of heart and is trying to reverse the phage. You have the option to keep his data afterward, with the clear implication that it'll help in finding a cure further down the line.

This actually gives a bit of hope to the Krogan in Andromeda, even if they don't know it yet. Decent odds that in a few hundred years they'll start to evolve a new resistance, though who knows if there'll be enough left alive to take advantage of that and repopulate.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I think keeping the research in ME2 is necessary to keep Eve alive in ME3, but I could be wrong.

That's correct, and keeping Eve plays a part in how unified the krogan become once you cure the genophage.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Mar 14, 2017

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It is, getting the 'good' ending for Tuchanka requires things to be imported from both ME1 and ME2. Namely, Wrex needs to be alive and you needed to have saved Maelon's research. You do both of those and you can get the good ending if you don't sabotage the cure.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the good ending for tuchanka is mordin alive

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The Dennis System posted:

I think the idea is that the mass effect people deliberately made all the women in Andromeda conventionally unattractive as some sort of appeal to feminism. And I think that might actually be true.

none of the male crewmates are exactly adonises either tho

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Game is automatically going to suck because there's no Geth bros in it

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Anyone taking bets on how many of the characters will have daddy issues?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wooper posted:

Anyone taking bets on how many of the characters will have daddy issues?

All of them

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They need a male crewmember with an always visible HUGE cockbulge and the camera needs to constantly zoom in on his bulge during conversations

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

the good ending for tuchanka is mordin alive

Talking Mordin out of curing the genophage is maybe the single worst thing you can do in the entire series.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

trash person posted:

This is gonna be the first ME game I play on PC (for the most part).

Is KBM generally ok or am I hookin up my xbox controller

That depends on what kind of Stockholm Syndrome you have.

Vickers posted:

Weird question not sure if it's been asked before:

Gonna pick this up on the Xbox, I have EA Access there; will the Pathfinder helmet already be attached to the preview we get Thursday?

Probably. It doesn't make sense to offer the game early and not let you use all your bribespreorder stuff.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I'm kind of on the fence about getting it.

Do people think Bioware are capable of creating a well done cohesive ending, that maintains the illusion of choice across all the games in the series in a satisfying way?

I think I'd enjoy playing it if i felt confident it's not going to end on a starchild note.

Still holding a grudge about Contact?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

If they'd only had the balls to show Tali's photograph as some kind of Carpenter style Thing, but Shep acts exactly the same.

Totally worth it.

Agreed.

Zzulu posted:

internet hiveminds are a powerful thing

Once the hateball gets rolling people always take things too far... Especially people with no strong opinions of their own who just start echoing other peoples opinions until the echo gets so loud it's just a bunch of retarded monkey noise

*checks notebook*

Oh and, gamers are the worst

Why should this thread be any different?

nopantsjack posted:

Fwiw I didn't mind the ending at the yime, I thought the rest of the story was pretty bad and dismissive of your previous choices though. That seems to be the opposite of a lot of people's ME3 experience though.

The Relays were all burnt out by whatever choice you made (unless you Trainspotted on out of there.) The only person that knew this would happen was Sheppard. The Normandy was running away during the pulse thingy, and they didn't want to get fried by the pulse. They showed and didn't tell, I guess people wanted more telling and less showing or something.

The ending was fine. Not great, but fine. It was either gonna be a Contact-like ending, or one of those endings where everything is explained so much that the mysterious ineffable antagonists come off as pathetically human.

Plus, in the age of 3D modeling and full voice acting, the budget will never be there for 2D games with Infinity Engine-level storyline complexity... unless you're Polish, obviously. Certainly not EA. Superficial resolution is a more realistic outcome annoying as it is.

It's about managing expectations, I guess.

DancingShade posted:

You should try playing a game called Dreamfall Chapters.

I've heard good things. I probably should.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Mar 14, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

They need a male crewmember with an always visible HUGE cockbulge and the camera needs to constantly zoom in on his bulge during conversations

And jiggle physics. Even through environmental battle armor.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Plus, in the age of 3D modeling and full voice acting, the budget will never be there for 2D games with Infinity Engine-level storyline complexity... unless you're Polish, obviously. Certainly not EA. Superficial resolution is a more realistic outcome annoying as it is.

You should try playing a game called Dreamfall Chapters.

(I think you meant 3D games?)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Let's see: your unplayed sibling, definitely; Cora, likely, unless her last name is a total red herring coincidence; Vetra's whole thing is family, so it may not be dad specific but I am sure there is something there.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

Voiced by Jon Hamm.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ryder, the bad guys are coming! In 30 seconds they're gonna bust through that door and be all over us!

*camera focuses on huge penis bulge*

1 - They don't stand a chance!
2 - Don't worry, we got this
3 - Touch the penis

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

Ryder, the bad guys are coming! In 30 seconds they're gonna bust through that door and be all over us!

*camera focuses on huge penis bulge*

1 - They don't stand a chance!
2 - Don't worry, we got this
3 - Touch the penis

4) Biotic shockwave is emitted by pelvic thrust

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Attenborough voice: "The angara penis is prehensile and muscular like the arm of an octopus, and it twitches like a cat's tail when the male is nervous or...otherwise agitated."

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Spoilers in video (as in game footage), information on the other arks and missing species.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijqN2pMWyOo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Spoilers in video (as in game footage), information on the other arks and missing species.

that facial animation is something to behold

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

marshmallow creep posted:

Attenborough voice: "The angara penis is prehensile and muscular like the arm of an octopus, and it twitches like a cat's tail when the male is nervous or...otherwise agitated."

St-stop reading my wish journal!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
What about the best race: Elcor?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

GenericOverusedName posted:

Resentful: Not enough people wanted to gently caress us.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

incredible. re: quarians not only did the species known for their general excellence with ship maintenance run into "technical issues" but they're also bringing along a whole bunch of different species, which seems to be a very strange choice given the whole weak immune system/different bio-chemistry thing they have going on

really

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

GenericOverusedName posted:

The Elcor were cool, and get a lot of points for being one of the more alien races. On that note, I also really liked the Geth circa ME 1.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hey is that chucklefuck who wrote DA:2 still with the company? I remember in the fallout from that game there was interviews with him where he's talking up Twilight like it's great literature and was talking about his fanfiction or something.

If he's writing this game I'm not buying it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the elcor always reminded me of the donkey from Pooh

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Milky Moor posted:

incredible. re: quarians not only did the species known for their general excellence with ship maintenance run into "technical issues" but they're also bringing along a whole bunch of different species, which seems to be a very strange choice given the whole weak immune system/different bio-chemistry thing they have going on

really
Calling it now, it's Geth sabotage, as an excuse to bring Geth to Andromeda.
I'd be okay with that.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Zzulu posted:

none of the male crewmates are exactly adonises either tho

Liam and DadRyder are both very handsome.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Quarians will be cured by hotboxing hanar sweat for 600 years

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Vitamin P posted:

Liam and DadRyder are both very handsome.

Liam is just generic and you cant gently caress dadryder (I think???) so he doesnt count

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

lalaland posted:

You're in the games forum friend we're all broken brained down here

I keep forgetting lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Milky Moor posted:

really

well they're the boat people of the galaxy

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Hey is that chucklefuck who wrote DA:2 still with the company? I remember in the fallout from that game there was interviews with him where he's talking up Twilight like it's great literature and was talking about his fanfiction or something.

You're thinking of David Gaider. He left Bioware early last year, and even before that his focus was on the Dragon Age franchise. His involvement with the Mass Effect series has always been essentially nil.

He also gets mad when people say that he loved Twilight.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

8-Bit Scholar posted:

If you mean Gaider, he left the company. He was never on the Mass Effect series and he wrote some of the best stuff in Inquisition too (Dorian and Cassandra), along with doing a bunch of other stuff which ranged from great to terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

He was the last link the company had to the Baldur's Gate days. I have no idea what he actually wrote in BGII though, it could've been the parts I hated.