Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

quote:

6 Dinners That Will Make Your Taste Buds Do A Little Jig

Well that's... alarming

quote:

Slap These Ingredients Into Your Slow Cooker For The best Jambalaya This Side Of NOLA

I kind of doubt it

quote:

Crunch Into Some Of This Strawberry Pretzel Salad

"This isn’t your typical “salad.” Prepare your taste buds for a sweet treat!"

LEAVE ME ALONE JESSICA

quote:

Reuben Called. He Said He Wants To Become A Dip. – This Famous Sandwich Changed It’s Tune!

I feel like there is some kind of malevolent AI at work here

quote:

Smash These Mashers Together With All Of The Fixin’s For Perfect Tater Cakes

Oh gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I got no love for the Chili Chiang Kai-sheks of the world. "Good" chili is whatever chili you like to eat :gerty:

Chili Ceaușescus, surely

HookedOnChthonics has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Mar 14, 2017

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Start mining AFP thread!

If you’re anything like me, you are probably a fan of the classic sloppy Joe sandwich. I absolutely LOVE me some sloppies! (I’m pretty sure in some states it’s against the law NOT to like them…) However, once I started having kids, I realized that Sloppy Joe sandwiches are indeed, “sloppy.” Who woulda thunk it?
My poor mother must have had her work cut out for her when she’d feed all five of us kids these sandwiches. The woman is a saint! So, to save myself some messy stress, I looked for another option, and I found it.
Zesty Sloppy Joe casserole is the answer to my prayers. It’s Tasty, easy to prepare, and include elbow macaroni! My family totally digs this dish, and I have a feeling yours will too.

Recipe courtesy of Renee’s Kitchen Adventures.

USE THE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INGREDIENTS

Check out a helpful hint that my pals over at Renee’s Kitchen Adventures had to share about this Zesty Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe:

“I will warn you, Zesty Sloppy Joe Casserole does have a bit of a bite, so if you aren’t a fan of heat, you can substitute RO*TEL Tomatoes and Chilies with a can of Hunt’s Petite Diced Tomatoes instead. My family likes the kick the RO*TEL gives this dish though!

To help balance out the heat from the RO*TEL, I topped my casserole with some diced sweet pickles. I enjoy pickles with Sloppy Joes, so why not include them in the casserole? If you aren’t a fan, you can just leave them off. “

I think I’ll be leaving the RO*TEL in this recipe as my husband loves a bit of heat in his food. How will you make yours?

Ingredients

8 oz. dry Barilla elbow macaroni pasta
1 TBS Bertolli olive oil
1 pound lean ground Jennie-O turkey or lean ground beef
1 cup diced sweet onion
1 cup diced green bell pepper
2 – 15 oz. cans Hunt’s MANWICH Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
1 – 10 oz. can RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
Morton salt and McCormick pepper, to taste

1 cup Kraft shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 cup diced Vlasic sweet pickle if desired

Instructions:
Cook pasta according to package directions, or al dente pasta. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over Med-High heat. Add onion and green pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until veggies begin to soften. Add in ground turkey. Cook until turkey is no longer pink and veggies are crisp tender. Turn off heat. Drain off any liquid that might remain after cooking.
To skillet with onions, ground turkey and peppers, add in one can of Hunt’s Manwich and one can of Ro*tel. Combine.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray and add reserved cooked pasta. Add turkey mixture over the pasta and stir. Add enough of the second can of Hunt’s Manwich to thoroughly coat the meat, veggies and pasta. Stir to combine. Season to taste. Sprinkle top of casserole with cheddar cheese. (you can cover with foil and refrigerate to bake later at this point if you like. You may need to add a few minutes to the bake time if baked from refrigerator.)
Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.

Morton salt and McCormick pepper. to taste. how you gonna taste it over 30 oz of manwich and 10 oz of rotel

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

quote:

Spice Up Your Side Dish With This Zesty Corn!

quote:

This Southwestern Pizza Breaks All The Rules!

I'm not willing to rule out a Markov bot trained on this thread.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

quote:

Alfred Hitchcock’s Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rollups – This Recipe Is Creepy Good!

Unsurprisingly Alfred Hitchcock doesn't get mentioned though to be fair she does actually make an alfredo sauce instead of using jarred

quote:

Ree’s Mystery Rolls – Better Call William Shatner To Help Solve This Unexplained Recipe Phenomena!

OK I think it's the Oscars or something around page 74 there's a lot of frantic nonsensical movie references

quote:

You Put What In This Cake?! – Tomato Soup Cake Recipe

This is filed under Cakes, Special.

quote:

A Spring Chicken Took A Bath In Milk And This Is The Result

Oh no wait, it was filed under cakes AND special.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Jessica sounds like she'd be irritating to grocery shop with.

"Pass me the McCormick brand pepper!"

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Make it stop!

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

No.

I know that you are just dying to make Mashed Potatoes the RecipeRoost way.
It only takes 5 1/2 hours to make them!

Slow cooker Mashed Potatoes!

Why, why, for the love of god, why? I takes 20 -25 minutes to boil potatoes in a pan ready to mash. Why do it in a way that takes 10 times longer? I don't understand.

:psyboom:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Morton salt and McCormick pepper. to taste. how you gonna taste it over 30 oz of manwich and 10 oz of rotel

Morton and McCormick would be a great name for a funeral home

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Is "Tyson chicken" actual fresh uncooked chicken for cooking, or is it some weird processed thing?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Whooping Crabs posted:

Morton and McCormick would be a great name for a funeral home

"Now, would you like for your grandmother to be buried, cremated, or brined?"

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

I'm not willing to rule out a Markov bot trained on this thread.

She writes like Bobby-June sounds on that radio station in GTAV. God bless you hearts!

I'm just waiting for her to say that bacon is God's way of telling us he loves us.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

“I will warn you, Zesty Sloppy Joe Casserole does have a bit of a bite, so if you aren’t a fan of heat, you can substitute RO*TEL Tomatoes and Chilies with a can of Hunt’s Petite Diced Tomatoes instead. My family likes the kick the RO*TEL gives this dish though!
Honestly who the hell considers this "a bit of a bite." Like I would probably not notice any heat from this at all, especially since I'm pretty sure it uses green chilies.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

LogicalFallacy posted:

Honestly who the hell considers this "a bit of a bite." Like I would probably not notice any heat from this at all, especially since I'm pretty sure it uses green chilies.

It barely even uses chilies; it uses processed bits of green chilies that are already part of canned tomatoes. Insane.

Also Hunt's canned tomato products are loving terrible.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Arivia posted:

Is "Tyson chicken" actual fresh uncooked chicken for cooking, or is it some weird processed thing?

Just a brand name, like Perdue. They do pre-cooked frozen stuff but if someone's saying "buy Tyson chicken" in the ingredients list they're either getting paid or too stupid to know otherwise.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I got no love for the Chili Chiang Kai-sheks of the world. "Good" chili is whatever chili you like to eat :gerty:

That's right, don't be a Chili Chiang Kai-shek. Be a slow cooker Sun Yat-sen.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

LogicalFallacy posted:

The whitest people in the American midwest.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

"Or skip the milk altogether." I mean, why deprive your children of the joy that is chilimilk?!

Today my coworker wanted me to explain Goo Goo Clusters, Cheerwine, and Honey Buns. I had to admit that I had never tried any of them and he was annoyed. Then I took him to the Cheerwine Wikipedia page and it said that there's a Krispy Kreme-flavored version?! :barf:

I tried Cheerwine a couple weeks ago and thought it was pretty good

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Good lord, Jessica Faidley is like a real-life Jean Teasdale.

"Ree’s Mystery Rolls – Better Call William Shatner To Help Solve This Unexplained Recipe Phenomena!"

The mystery is that you take a can of biscuits and mush some blue cheese into them.

"Oh, how fun it would have been to live in 1970!" she adds.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drrockso20 posted:

I tried Cheerwine a couple weeks ago and thought it was pretty good

Cheerwine is pretty tasty.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

LogicalFallacy posted:

White people.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
One Pizza Rule

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

whiteyfats posted:

Cheerwine is pretty tasty.

I was so pissed when the Bojangles near my office closed because not only did they have great spicy chicken and fries, they were the only restaurant nearby to have Cheerwine as a fountain drink. I could get myself a large, gently caress everyone else.

Now the only places I can get it are the store or the lone PDQ in town, which sells it in glass bottles.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

I was so pissed when the Bojangles near my office closed because not only did they have great spicy chicken and fries, they were the only restaurant nearby to have Cheerwine as a fountain drink. I could get myself a large, gently caress everyone else.

Now the only places I can get it are the store or the lone PDQ in town, which sells it in glass bottles.

Hell, at least it can be found outside of the Carolinas nowadays.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I've never had the chance to try it, but I love artificial cherry flavor, so I would be down.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

let's compromise

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, sure, that's looks like my life anyway

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Still one piece too many. :colbert:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Elizabethan Error posted:

chili anarchism is not ok, you end up with stuff like this :colbert:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/234160/pumpkin-pineapple-chili/

chili rules, etc

This looks legit tasty

I might make it (of course, omitting the cilantro, which belongs in the loving trash)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

My Lovely Horse posted:

Still one piece too many. :colbert:

Not if you wad it into a ball and call it a calzone.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Not if you wad it into a ball and call it a calzone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF6P_vPfeQM

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

We've found other ways to use gelatin, but it's still gross looking and also useless:

https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/13/edible-robotics/amp/

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

none cheeseburger one cheese

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
cash crab eat the cheese

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Looks cold, ew.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I am not OP; the McDonald's near me that uses a kiosk does not have near that many windows. However, I am pleased to discover you can mod your food that heavily there.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
CASH

CRAB

EAT

THE

CHEESE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dewgy posted:

Just a brand name, like Perdue. They do pre-cooked frozen stuff but if someone's saying "buy Tyson chicken" in the ingredients list they're either getting paid or too stupid to know otherwise.

I deduct points from that recipe for the water not being brand-name water. Seriously how did they miss that