Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Legends is fun even when you know nothing of the characters. The other superhero shows seem to follow the staple romance CW moto and gets tyring fast. I use to watch all the other, but they are just so bad. Legends isn't amazing, but it certainly is one of the funnest shows I've ever watched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure if I should ask here, but considering this is the only DC CW thread I have on bookmarks, I might as well ask.

Are any of the shows worth watching now? I definitely didn't want to continue after Arrow S4/Flash S2 were loving terrible (and LoT S1 was good but horribly flawed). I see this thread has been really positive, which is a surprise, and a friend that only watches LoT is really enjoying it too. Are the other shows on the rise too? I'd like to get back on the DC train but I don't want to watch Arrow S4/Flash S2 again.
LOT s2 is a massive improvement from s1. You still shouldn't think about it too hard, but it's by far the most enjoyable of the four shows.

Flash isn't bad, but the promising beginning it had at the start has taken a nosedive. The melodramatics got amped up in the most recent episodes especially, and everyone keeps promising every five seconds to not keep secrets and then breaks that promise in the next five seconds after. I still watch it, but the writers need to stop rehashing the same poo poo they did in s1 and s2 if they want it to be a good show again.

Arrow I haven't been watching, but I heard it's better than the more recent seasons have been. The side characters seem to be the most enjoyable aspect from what I've read.

Supergirl I have also not watched, but all readings I've done on it seem to say it has not been as good as s1. And s1 was already borderline good, so this season doesn't sound promising at all.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The thing about Legends compared to Flash is that while in both shows all the good guys are dumb as gently caress, in Legends of Tomorrow its acknowledged within the show that they are idiots.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

lotus circle posted:

Supergirl I have also not watched, but all readings I've done on it seem to say it has not been as good as s1. And s1 was already borderline good, so this season doesn't sound promising at all.

I gave up on Supergirl in season one, but I watched and enjoyed the Flash crossover so I gave it another chance at the start of season two and have mostly enjoyed it since.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Yaaaay. We got the Rory intro again!

Rip just being ENTIRELY useless at the moment is hilarious, too.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 15, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Hey, Jax got to use his normal(?) accent

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

This continuing trend of Rip being a few steps behind everyone else on the team is hilarious and I hope it stays that way for a while as he tries to reintegrate with the rest of the team.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

loving hell, Ray, you can shrink to the atomic level!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh my god this show continues to be wonderfully, wonderfully dumb.

Oh my god Rory just staring in confusion and joining in as if he just wants to see where this goes. :allears:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

speed force is powered by gravity?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Well that's a distraction.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
British tradition!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Even Thawne knows puns are awful.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ray put the flag back up.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

"And now I know how Matt Damon felt."

God drat it, Ray.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Zebulon posted:

"And now I know how Matt Damon felt."

God drat it, Ray.

Oh god, he's doing Matt Damon.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So yeah, gonna have to science the f*** out of this

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

It is nice to see a more human side to Thawne, at least.

edit: Aaahahaha. He already knows the answer before Ray asks the question.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 15, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I do like how they're mirroring Apollo 13 with the Waverider

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I do like how they're mirroring Apollo 13 with the Waverider

Nice way of dealing with it, yeah. This has been a pretty drat good episode overall.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Yessss. Credits are Stein singing again. :allears:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
This was a good episode. Especially loved Thawne's little "I'm not dying on the moon" while Ray tries to have his The Martian moment.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zebulon posted:

It is nice to see a more human side to Thawne, at least.

I'm getting the sense that the season finale is gonna see Eobard and Malcolm ultimately turn on Damien because they both have small fragments to human decency in them while Darhk turns out to be just too drat crazy/evil for either of them to put up with any more. Plus it would be a nice way of paying off Malcolm being on literally every side of the Legion's bickering power dynamic over the course of the season.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Thawne mentioned that he missed working with Caitlin and Cisco....I thought this Thawne was plucked directly from 1998 after killing Barry's mother and this version hadn't gone on to become Tom Cavanaugh and wouldn't have any memories of that stuff. In fact I'm pretty sure that this was clearly stated in the Flashpoint episode of the Flash. Oh well who cares.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

bbf2 posted:

Thawne mentioned that he missed working with Caitlin and Cisco....I thought this Thawne was plucked directly from 1998 after killing Barry's mother and this version hadn't gone on to become Tom Cavanaugh and wouldn't have any memories of that stuff. In fact I'm pretty sure that this was clearly stated in the Flashpoint episode of the Flash. Oh well who cares.

Time travel is very hard.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
"Meteoroid Belt", eh Legends of Tomorrow? I mean....there's an ASTEROID belt between Mars and Jupiter. But i'm not familiar with meteoroids near the Moon.

My immersion!!!1!

(Seriously though, that was an enjoyable episode.)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

"Meteoroid Belt", eh Legends of Tomorrow? I mean....there's an ASTEROID belt between Mars and Jupiter. But i'm not familiar with meteoroids near the Moon.

My immersion!!!1!

(Seriously though, that was an enjoyable episode.)

Earth's orbit is actually littered with a horrifying number of small asteroids, so the Waverider getting the poo poo kicked out of it by space debris is actually one of the more realistic things that happened in this episode :eng101:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I think this is a pretty clear indicator that when Mick does the intro that it'll be a drat good episode

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

When did Ray see The Martian? I thought when it came out in theaters he was imprisoned somewhere and then after he got rescued and rebiggified he got pulled into the legends

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

^^ time ships with netflix.

bbf2 posted:

speed force

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Why hasn't Firestorm just transmuted the spear fragments into water?!?!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Why hasn't PERSON ACTION?

Legends madlibs!

(real answer is they are a bunch of idiots.)

Why hasn't Ray spaced Thawne on the moon?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

bbf2 posted:

Writers forgot their own continuity, again. Someone proposed his memories could be merging with those of Thawne-Wells, the same way Barry got Flashpoint memories that were overriding his original ones. But yeah, again, writers hosed up their continuity.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Or Thawne is just lying, because he's evil.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
This may be Thawne BEFORE he shows back up and gets all smug with Barry in the present after Flashpoint or something.

Or Speedforce.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

How does the movie Apollo 13 no longer existing effect the timeline?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

How does the movie Apollo 13 no longer existing effect the timeline?

Ron Howard made an amazing speculative drama about what might have happened during the media blackout and cover up about why Apollo 13 never landed on the moon.

It featured several standout performances from Tom Hanks, Gary Sinise, and a show-stealing cameo from Victor Garber as that one British control room tech who started singing the Banana Boat song for no reason.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Astronaut: Look man I told you all I know is that one of the other astronauts who we've never seen before threw some kind of needle at me. Me and the other guy are both knocked out, somehow the LEM lands and then leaves the moon, and when we wake up that other guy is gone and there is like no record of him anywhere
NASA: :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I'm sad Swigert never got to ride that Shuttle. :(

• Locked thread