Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

chutche2 posted:

Weekend after the convention, no one I demoed for and who said they were interested showed up.

In talks with the few remaining members of the community, they all have 4th edition 40k armies that we're talking about taking out of the attic. Getting started on a horus heresy army.

I have a steamroller set for april 9th, doing as much advertising as I can. The store is ordering a pin set for prize support. If no one shows up then I'm going to start selling stuff. I'll keep my main armies, Khador Protectorate and Skorne. Already in talks with someone to sell my pirates off.

That sucks to hear, man. Good luck with getting the game going in your community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm also going to be slimming back, but keeping the stuff I enjoy playing out of Trollbloods. The rest of it I'll have to let go. Not really having any issues with the game, I just can't play as much as i'd like and will be moving soon. I don't want to have to move a bunch of stuff. I'm trimming down to just what fits in a bag.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Magres posted:

What's the deal with the House Shyeel Arcanists? They seem a lot like Arcanist Mechaniks. I guess their repair is slightly different? Or is this basically a sly way to push Arcanists past FA:3 without making them FA:U?

Any theories?

Not a Ret player, but I was chatting with my friend who is, and I hypothesized that the Shyeel thing might suggest they have a force magic-related power in addition to repair/Empower, to differentiate them from Mechaniks.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Shyeel is the shield jacks right? They probably do something with those

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yeah wouldn't be surprised to see them able to repair shields or something along those lines, or gives bonuses to jacks with generators

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Why the heck does ret get like 6 new releases when the rest of us only got 2? Ret can suck a butt IMHO

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ret takes the best parts of Cryx and Cygnar and Legion and combines them into one package. Truly they are the uberfaction.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Revelator approaching 2 years since rules were first printed without a model existing

S.J.
May 19, 2008

mp5 posted:

Revelator approaching 2 years since rules were first printed without a model existing

On this note, I'm really excited for the Hurricane so I can go back to running double colossal lists.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Why the heck does ret get like 6 new releases when the rest of us only got 2? Ret can suck a butt IMHO

Because one faction is going to get a bunch at a time, now. Yours will get a whole lot of poo poo eventually

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Because one faction is going to get a bunch at a time, now. Yours will get a whole lot of poo poo eventually

Or they could go the 40k route and your faction won't get a new book for 2 editions, just have all of your stuff ported over to each new edition, becoming more and more out of date each time.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

Or they could go the 40k route and your faction won't get a new book for 2 editions, just have all of your stuff ported over to each new edition, becoming more and more out of date each time.

I already played Orks thanks

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

Ret started out with fewer models. They have to double up to get to sku bloat in a reasonable time.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

Better than getting two books in a year invalidating my army twice

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Yeah uh lemme tell you about having an army that's 8 years out of date

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Or they could come into your house with a baseball bat and smash all of your models. I think either of these two situations are equally likely

S.J.
May 19, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

Or they could come into your house with a baseball bat and smash all of your models. I think either of these two situations are equally likely

PP confirmed hiring mobsters

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

S.J. posted:

Look they don't make a game they make a hobby

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Isn't Ret also smaller than most of the other "full" factions because it came later? Playing catchup yo

In other news, I saw the Sea King price and just nope. Not paying $145 for a model, not a chance, never.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Look they don't make a game they make a hobby

back then they did :(

Magres posted:

Isn't Ret also smaller than most of the other "full" factions because it came later? Playing catchup yo

In other news, I saw the Sea King price and just nope. Not paying $145 for a model, not a chance, never.

I will do it. And will put Cryx ghost pirates on the ship. And it will be awesome.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
yeah but you actually make your models look pretty, i have the visual creativity of a four year old and anything i touch with a paint brush will look like i literally finger painted the mini, possibly with my own poo

ive never painted anything because i know everything i paint will look wretchedly terrible and i fear the intermediary steps between "not doing anything" and "doing something that doesnt look horrible"

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

S.J. posted:

My brother plays Bretonnia

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

S.J. posted:

I already played Orks thanks

Try being a sisters of battle player.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

Try being a sisters of battle player.

Jimmy Hats posted:

My brother plays Bretonnia

Let us not argue and compare among the squalor, we can lean on each other to cry

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm a Dark Elves player, suck it plebes :getin:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I played Necrons for 2.5 editions until they became unplayable prior to the new codex, but quit before the new codex came out(Hey, lets make it so glancing hits on vehicles can't wreck them. Who cares that Necrons literally have 2 models capable of doing a pen on any vehicle that isn't dark eldar).

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
More specifically, I'm a Dark Elves player who solely fought against bretonnia, lizardmen, and empire, and who got to experience the joy of an edition change making all of my stuff cheaper, giving my crossbows armor piercing, giving my special units Str4, and giving all my guys re-rolls on to-hit. Bwuh huhuhuhh

And then the stupid end times came around and turns out I was the good guys the whole time

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

Jimmy Hats posted:

More specifically, I'm a Dark Elves player who solely fought against bretonnia, lizardmen, and empire, and who got to experience the joy of an edition change making all of my stuff cheaper, giving my crossbows armor piercing, giving my special units Str4, and giving all my guys re-rolls on to-hit. Bwuh huhuhuhh

And then the stupid end times came around and turns out I was the good guys the whole time

To put this back on track, my FLGS has a running inside joke that Mk.3 is end times, and is currently awaiting the fourth caster of the apocalypse. The three others are Old Witch, 4Shade, and Tri-Caine.

My money is on Haley and Denny merging into a super caster.

Sricero
Nov 7, 2010

I Teach Yoga you son of a bitch.
Any goons or goon friends do model painting? I have about 45 Ret models that need to be finished before June's RetxMas and I just don't want to do it. I will pay for good work etc etc.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

The Age of Sigmar bizarre Order alliance make up is one of the few things I like about it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Macero posted:

Any goons or goon friends do model painting? I have about 45 Ret models that need to be finished before June's RetxMas and I just don't want to do it. I will pay for good work etc etc.

I might be tempted to do this, just to get me out of my sameness for what's currently on my table. I'll post a sampling of my Legion, Circle, and Protectorate when I get home. I'm probably not going to win any awards, but they'll at least be above tabletop quality :shrug:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Iron Crowned posted:

I might be tempted to do this, just to get me out of my sameness for what's currently on my table. I'll post a sampling of my Legion, Circle, and Protectorate when I get home. I'm probably not going to win any awards, but they'll at least be above tabletop quality :shrug:

I'm also interested in maybe getting some Protectorate painted.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
NQ 71 leak.

Cygnar's battle engine caster appears to be Siege 2 riding on a modified Storm Strider.

Plus a new troll dude with a sword and grenade, and a medium based Trencher?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

BRING ON THE AOE 5 ROUGH TERRAIN GUN

MY BODY IS READY

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Speaking of Cygnar stuff, I bought the new 50 point box and so I will at long last own Trenchers. Do you Cygnar players (who like me don't own Storm Lances) tend to field them with the CA? It looks to me like you'd always want them, if for no other reason than the extra guns for CRAing, but I can't quite tell how critical they are. I mean, I'm going to get them no matter what.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

rantmo posted:

Speaking of Cygnar stuff, I bought the new 50 point box and so I will at long last own Trenchers. Do you Cygnar players (who like me don't own Storm Lances) tend to field them with the CA? It looks to me like you'd always want them, if for no other reason than the extra guns for CRAing, but I can't quite tell how critical they are. I mean, I'm going to get them no matter what.

The only time I don't bring the CA is when I can't afford it in points. For me, Trenchers are a filler spot when I don't know what else to put in a list. The only caster I feel they are MANDATORY with is Haley 3

Of course, ever since themes dropped, I've been running nothing but Heavy Metal and Storm Division. They don't allow Trenchers, so mine have been shelved for as a result.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

fadam posted:

Have any of you guys had any success running the Ret theme without Vyros 2?

Both Rahn and Helynna run it extremely well and I've been messing around with an Elara2 double Helios list in tier that is inflexible but very silly into any kind of heavy spam.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

rantmo posted:

I've only really run them with Haley 3 so I've never bothered with the CA. Usually they smoke up for a couple of turns and then jam once the lines are close. I rarely get to CRA with them because of this.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Excelsiortothemax posted:

NQ 71 leak.

Cygnar's battle engine caster appears to be Siege 2 riding on a modified Storm Strider.

Plus a new troll dude with a sword and grenade, and a medium based Trencher?

That's Durgen's (mad) hammer though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

It isn't. I got the model the head is shaped like a weirdo missile. But it kind of looks like a forge guard hammer.