Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Cooked Auto posted:

:aaa:
I can only hope this means plastic Steel Legion. Because I would suddenly develop a great need to have them.

Nothing but scouts there but if they are revisting armergeddon it's as good a reason as any to release some new catachan models and perhaps one special character steel legion model in plastic.

STILL WAITING ON PLASTIC SISTERS GW!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If they came out with more updated Catachans I could see myself buying a troop box for kit bash purposes. Can't imagine myself getting the old box nowadays.

Also, Aaron Dembski-Bowden on Facebook brings up an interesting point, Armageddon could possibly lead to new Scout Models and/or new heads for them.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Thinking of commissioning six pods from Frontline Gaming, because I honestly don't have the time. Anyone have any experience with them for this?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

xtothez posted:

Well that's definitely better terrain than gangs of commorragh

That's at least a $400 dollarydoo box for certain, if all that terrain is included.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

If they came out with more updated Catachans I could see myself buying a troop box for kit bash purposes. Can't imagine myself getting the old box nowadays.

Also, Aaron Dembski-Bowden on Facebook brings up an interesting point, Armageddon could possibly lead to new Scout Models and/or new heads for them.

the old plastic catachans were loving awful even when they were new

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Uroboros posted:

Thinking of commissioning six pods from Frontline Gaming, because I honestly don't have the time. Anyone have any experience with them for this?

They farm out to all sorts of independant artists. A guy in my group was on their painting team for a while. He was super good.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Cooked Auto posted:

You know that hope leads to folly. Some cheap decent looking terrain and useable models is good enough.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Naramyth posted:

They farm out to all sorts of independant artists. A guy in my group was on their painting team for a while. He was super good.

So basically I will get my money's worth? If it isn't to pricey and mirrors my own painting well enough I wouldn't mind making it a regular thing. Life just makes painting at a real rate hard. Plan right now is to simply sell off my few remaining ebay purchases that don't match my current stuff, and get them redone right.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Uroboros posted:

So basically I will get my money's worth? If it isn't to pricey and mirrors my own painting well enough I wouldn't mind making it a regular thing. Life just makes painting at a real rate hard. Plan right now is to simply sell off my few remaining ebay purchases that don't match my current stuff, and get them redone right.

Yeah probably. Our guy was the best painter in our group.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

NTRabbit posted:

That's at least a $400 dollarydoo box for certain, if all that terrain is included.

So like $50 USD then?

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the old plastic catachans were loving awful even when they were new

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Naramyth posted:

Yeah probably. Our guy was the best painter in our group.

You going to be at Adepticon?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Uroboros posted:

You going to be at Adepticon?

Nope. A few of my teammates are going but I'm going to NYC with MY GIRLFRIEND this coming weekend and that is just far too close to Adepticon.

And playing a few test games from the test packet made me really not want to play the format.

Next time you crazy ultramarine guy, you can see I'm just as jaded and dismissive about this stupid game in real life.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Vlogging chat again.

I move (hopefully) in about 3 weeks to somewhere with space where I will be able to have a dedicated nerd room.

I want to start doing painting videos and batreps.

Is a Canon Powershot SX40 enough to do the needful?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
*looks at his 100 odd Metal Steel Legion*

Well I guess you're the old and busted now.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/03/14/major-change-games-workshop-retail-landscape/

quote:

In May Games Workshop is going to remove the restriction for retailers to sell online, more importantly the ability to have web carts. This means your local store can sell any Games Workshop product easier online without placing an order over the phone.

Well that's certainly interesting and unexpected.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

:stare:

What in the world.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Is everyone at GW feeling alright?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Us long suffering Australian's still can't get stuff from overseas webshops in order to save like 50%

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Us long suffering Australian's still can't get stuff from overseas webshops in order to save like 50%

:(:hf::(

Even the ones that we do have are terrible.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Yeast posted:

:stare:

What in the world.

Major push into the North American market by giving retailers stuff they want and a pile of competitively priced entry products to sell to their customers.

I would bet Shadow War comes in at £50 or less, possibly even £35 like the other intro games. I think the thick book and terrain will push it up though.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Details and pricing on Talons of the Emporer.

Talons of the Emperor - 160$

-Custodes get the Golden Legion Detatchment aswell as the Aegis of the emperor Formation
5x Custodes
1x Contemptor Dreadnought
1x Venerable Landraider

-Sisters of Silence get the Null-Maiden Taskforce and the Psychic Abomination Formation
5x Sisters of Silence
1x Null Maiden Rhino.

-2x 24 Page Codexes for each, Sisters of Silence and Adeptus Custodes. the books are only within the box. Datasheets and Special Rules, Warlord Traits, Wargear, Special Issue Wargear and Vehicle Equipment

Adeptus Custodes: custodian Guard - 60$
-The same Models as in Burning of Prospero

Astra Telepathica: Sisters of Silence - 40$

Technowolf fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 15, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Technowolf posted:

Details and pricing on Talons of the Emporer.

Talons of the Emperor - 160$

-Custodes get the Golden Legion Detatchment aswell as the Aegis of the emperor Formation
5x Custodes
1x Contemptor Dreadnought
1x Venerable Landraider

-Sisters of Silence get the Null-Maiden Taskforce and the Psychic Abomination Formation
5x Sisters of Silence
1x Null Maiden Rhino.

-2x 24 Page Codizes for each, Sisters of Silence and Adeptus Custodes. the books are only within the box. Datasheets and Special Rules, Warlord Traits, Wargear, Special Issue Wargear and Vehicle Equipment

Adeptus Custodes: custodian Guard - 60$

Astra Telepathica: Sisters of Silence - 40$

"Null Maiden"? barf

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

"Null Maiden"? barf

It's actually the same thing from the free datasheets GW released not too long after Burning of Prospero.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

I wonder if this means that we can get bits sales again. I miss being able to customize my army with just the bit that I needed without hoping that it was on ebay. (Which my current desire of more XV8 Ion Rifles and Airbursting Fragmentation projector bits, currently are not)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

jadebullet posted:

I wonder if this means that we can get bits sales again. I miss being able to customize my army with just the bit that I needed without hoping that it was on ebay. (Which my current desire of more XV8 Ion Rifles and Airbursting Fragmentation projector bits, currently are not)

Then you'll have the issue I keep having, with stuff being mostly out of stock whenever you want it. :v

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Well, I took a break from building poo poo and got some nice base coating done on my suits.

gently caress that light grey scheme that I was originally going to do, this bare Iridium Armor scheme is looking awesome. Gonna be adding dark red to the army, of course.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Warhammer TV just posted a video on their Facebook of a new AoS army. Kharadron Overlords. Look kinda like steampunk dwarves.

100% want that army to run as a counts as-squats.

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 15, 2017

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zuul the Cat posted:

Warhammer TV just posted a video on their Facebook of a new AoS army. Kharadron Overlords. Look kinda like steampunk dwarves.

counts as squats? squats havent had rules for like 25 years, so youd have to proxy them as something else instead. why not use forge fathers? they fit the 40k aesthetic a lot better than these lame world of warcraft ripoffs

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Zuul the Cat posted:

I like the balloon soldiers.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Here's the link.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/15/a-new-race-descends-on-the-mortal-realms/

IM RUNNING THEM AS SQUATS! ILL FIGHT EVERYONE HERE

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

no squat rules so you automatically forfeit every game! hope you enjoy losing squataliure!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

jadebullet posted:

With everything being on a plastic sprue, bits sales just don't make sense. EBay is good enough.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
These dorfs ain't even got beards. :psydwarf:

I won't lie, sky pirate dwarfs in survival suits is a neat angle. Too bad they're for Age of Sigmar.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Bring back squats, rename them Stouts, allow cross-models with those new dwarfs into the new Stout army like they do with daemons, AoS and 40k in same universe, Sigmar was a missing primarch :shepspends:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
New news on Shadow War. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/15/a-new-race-descends-on-the-mortal-realms/

Apparently it's based on the Necromunda ruleset and features support for pretty much every faction in 40k.

Hype.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Safety Factor posted:

I won't lie, sky pirate dwarfs in survival suits is a neat angle. Too bad they're for Age of Sigmar.

Yeah, they are so close to what I envisaged Squats being.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Safety Factor posted:

They got metal beards, which may be the dorfiest thing of all.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

They got metal beards, which may be the dorfiest thing of all.
It's only dorfy if the metal beards are protecting actual beards like with the Irondrakes. I think these are merely emulating beards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I like these dudes a bunch. The Fyreslayers were pretty lousy models but these dudes are wicked fun.

NTRabbit posted:

Every box of that size has been $150, even the one with two Knights, the Knight upgrade sprue, and a Cities of Death building. I'd be sincerely surprised if it was more than that, $200 tops. It's not like the Space Marine Scouts and Ork Boyz sprues haven't paid for themselves at this point. I don't think I need more boyz, but 10 more Neophytes for my Black Templars would be a welcome addition. That terrain rules too.

SteelMentor posted:

New news on Shadow War. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/15/a-new-race-descends-on-the-mortal-realms/

Apparently it's based on the Necromunda ruleset and features support for pretty much every faction in 40k.

Hype.
This poo poo is so my jam.

• Locked thread