Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Also read that dryad romance manga that started recently and it's pretty bland but that's only the first chapter so maybe it gets better now they've established the premise. Probably not going to keep up with it to find out,

this made me laugh though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Knorth posted:

Memories of Emanon is so good! It's a fantastic little lowkey scifi-ish story and I'm really excited to read the series Wandering Emanon next

:33:

Good frowney face

Terrific art too

I wish it updated more frequently. The author seems to move preeeetty slow. Have you checked out his other works? There's a few Emanon series, and a series called Lost Island, or something like that. It's all good.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope weightless girl staples the guy some more when i watch this evening

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I wish it updated more frequently. The author seems to move preeeetty slow. Have you checked out his other works? There's a few Emanon series, and a series called Lost Island, or something like that. It's all good.

I've got them loaded and ready to read but so far I've only read Memories and Hita-Hita. Thinking of starting Forget-Me-Not tonight before Wandering and the other ones

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Knorth posted:

Also read that dryad romance manga that started recently and it's pretty bland but that's only the first chapter so maybe it gets better now they've established the premise. Probably not going to keep up with it to find out,

this made me laugh though.

i read the first words of this post and thought the flesh eating ghoul/dryad boy one-shot got serialized but alas

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just heard crunching and looked around to see the cat that isn't on meds eating the med-coated food because the other cat left it
they're basically both getting a half-dose because they're little pigs who want to eat the other one's food instead of their own but I'm ok with this because it chills them both out lol

they get fed meals and there isn't usually anything left but they've also been eating the dog's food lately. I think her appetite has been down thanks to the stuff I give her in the morning -- also starting the day with a pill pocket doesn't help because dry kibble gotta be lackluster after such a high value treat -- but if I mix in a spoonful of wet food that's apparently the best thing ever and she's back to licking the bowl clean, so no more extra for the cathogs.

I also thought I was making this post in the ladythread because that's where I moved most of my pet blather but welp turns out I was here instead.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Animals!

chomp chomp :33:

:stwoon: Igarashi is so loving cool

Strong and hungry :33:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

:catdrugs:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Everything Burrito posted:

I just heard crunching and looked around to see the cat that isn't on meds eating the med-coated food because the other cat left it
they're basically both getting a half-dose because they're little pigs who want to eat the other one's food instead of their own but I'm ok with this because it chills them both out lol

they get fed meals and there isn't usually anything left but they've also been eating the dog's food lately. I think her appetite has been down thanks to the stuff I give her in the morning -- also starting the day with a pill pocket doesn't help because dry kibble gotta be lackluster after such a high value treat -- but if I mix in a spoonful of wet food that's apparently the best thing ever and she's back to licking the bowl clean, so no more extra for the cathogs.

I also thought I was making this post in the ladythread because that's where I moved most of my pet blather but welp turns out I was here instead.

Greedy cats :3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Also if there is a ladythread then where is the sadloserthread?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

It's every thread you post in

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

welcome

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

good news, there's a whole site for it, and you're there

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

chumbler posted:

Welcome.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:drat:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Y'all are mean.

...Wait

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Seriously though Chumbler if what you're doing is supposed to be some kind of self-deprecating joke it's not funny, and if you're serious get a psychologist or something instead of bombarding this thread with your issues on a semi-regular basis.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
God drat but this Sea Guardian sidequest in Persona 4 Golden is some evil poo poo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was expecting the "Welcomes", I just wanted to see who could come up with the best one. I'm just bored at work honestly, though I appreciate your concern for my well being.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Super No Vacancy posted:

i hope weightless girl staples the guy some more when i watch this evening

Hope you're enjoying Bakemonogatari. I enjoyed it a good amount , but also kind of got put off by the sequel. One day I hope to get back to it, since it apparently gets better afterwards.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I've only watched Bake, and I liked it, but it is a mess. A fascinating mess but still a mess.

Between watching Bake and what I've heard about the rest of -monogatari, I'd say Nisio was probably at his best in Katanagatari.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

I was expecting the "Welcomes", I just wanted to see who could come up with the best one. I'm just bored at work honestly, though I appreciate your concern for my well being.

I mean, not that I don't want you to feel well, but honestly my primary concern is you just coming in and going "HAVE I MENTIONED MY LIFE SUCKS" makes your posts insanely unfun to read.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Some people just have miserable lives, and want a way to vent.

I'd recommend picking up a hobby. Like reading manga, and watching Anime.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
you think you can come to THIS internet forum and make quips about your asocial tendencies, expecting good company? newsflash

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Droyer posted:

I mean, not that I don't want you to feel well, but honestly my primary concern is you just coming in and going "HAVE I MENTIONED MY LIFE SUCKS" makes your posts insanely unfun to read.

Sure. I'll knock it off.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Space Flower posted:

you think you can come to THIS internet forum and make quips about your asocial tendencies, expecting good company? newsflash

This is a couples only anime forum

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

chumbler posted:

Sure. I'll knock it off.

punk btich. man up and whine

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Sorry Corals posted:

punk btich. man up and whine

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I am Whinicus

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Droyer posted:

Seriously though Chumbler if what you're doing is supposed to be some kind of self-deprecating joke it's not funny, and if you're serious get a psychologist or something instead of bombarding this thread with your issues on a semi-regular basis.

Droyer posted:

As someone who both makes self-deprecating jokes and thinks they're pretty funny, and as someone who has worked long hours for The Man, I appreciate his posts and jokes.

Post away, Chumblebuddy.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/pockypretz11/status/841438745698041856

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Suica

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

marketing with cute girls isn't exactly new but it fading out on a heart and them specifying it as white day is weirdly progressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

I've only watched Bake, and I liked it, but it is a mess. A fascinating mess but still a mess.

Between watching Bake and what I've heard about the rest of -monogatari, I'd say Nisio was probably at his best in Katanagatari.
I think part of the reason is that the Monogatari franchise (just like his Magical Girl series and Zaregoto were in the past) is supposed to be his main testing/dumping ground for his weirdest works, whereas Katanagatari conforms, for the most part, to a very rigid and (most importantly) finite frame and number of releases. He can cram all the pun-tastic names and pop-culture references he wants, but he had to make it work within the monthly releases. I'm guessing that was part of the reason he initially struggled with Medaka Box, in that the WSJ editors were probably telling him "Please tone it the gently caress down"... and then he decided to go buck wild anyway (it was either that or getting cancelled).

I am now convinced that the Monogatari franchise will never end. And my love-hate relationship with that equal parts lovely fanfic-writer / neurotic pun-master will continue. And that's good.

Or is that bad? :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread