Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

e: VV in ranked people tend to pick the same 2 objectives over and over again. They'd pick the same one if the game would allow it.

Thats because some of them are horribly bad (favela meth room) or absurdly easy (plane meeting room) so picking anything else is handicapping yourself for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/3tv6k

Hard, I beg you, please.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Are matchmaking preferences even taken into account outside of a squad? I turned off every map but one and have not seen it come up after 6 matches.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Some good games today:
https://streamable.com/ackpn
https://streamable.com/cd5ot

Shotgun recruit succeeds again:
https://streamable.com/yu6a3

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Every single game I've played tonight, every single game (~15) each team got the same objective point every single time. (I mean one team got point A every time, and one team got point B every time).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Knifegrab posted:

Every single game I've played tonight, every single game (~15) each team got the same objective point every single time. (I mean one team got point A every time, and one team got point B every time).

We didn't get that (too) often tonight, we just had absolutely dogshit pings all around.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nickname Pending posted:

Are matchmaking preferences even taken into account outside of a squad? I turned off every map but one and have not seen it come up after 6 matches.
Each enabled map for each player in the match counts as one raffle ticket. You'll never guess what happens next!

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
So do I spend my day off playing as a fancy French lady in Siege? Or playing as a fancy French lad in Battlefield?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

The working theory is that Ubi uses MTurks for random number generation

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Foehammer posted:

The working theory is that Ubi uses MTurks for random number generation

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
be advised new glaz scope is awesome

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

Thief posted:

be advised new glaz scope is awesome

Almost too awesome.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Ugh I've never bought costumes for a game but I'd planned on getting that Twitch one until I saw how expensive it is. Dannng

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Jesus, the red dot sight is almost unusable now.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Chas McGill posted:

Ugh I've never bought costumes for a game but I'd planned on getting that Twitch one until I saw how expensive it is. Dannng

Is it more than the others?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CJ posted:

Is it just me or did they badly photoshop the eyes of the normal twitch skin over the face? It looks like she's wearing a skin mask.

It sort of looks this way in game as well.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Nickname Pending posted:

If you're talking about the closed-tube one, it was always poo poo.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Nickname Pending posted:

They're way better imo. They were far too chunky to see anything last patch. Only having the slightest indicator of where dead-center is seems a lot more useful.

EDIT: Smokes are far better on glaz than claymores now.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
I haven't played yet but when the actual red dot was small it was great.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

And they got rid of the Glaz terminator?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

no, at least i still have it equipped just fine.

to buy it you have to go into the shop side menus, its hidden in the headgear section instead of the regular operator menus

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

EDIT: Smokes are far better on glaz than claymores now.

yeah!

also putting a suppressor on his rifle is actually extremely good now :ssh: and makes you feel tactic00l when spying through smoke. you can kill like 2-3 enemies before they realize what's happening

Party Plane Jones posted:

It sort of looks this way in game as well.

just encountered her and it seems it'll blend in really well on certain maps:

http://i.imgur.com/bBmQP9F.webm

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Red dot is my preferred sight.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Red dot is my preferred sight.
ACOG/Holo. :bsdsnype:

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Glaz... OP?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

The Duggler posted:

Is it more than the others?
I don't know, but it's like £10 which is how much I normally pay for whole games. Looks like a really cool skin though.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Same, but I do prefer the red dot over the reflex (triangle) sight for guns that don't have ACOG or Holo.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Foehammer posted:

Same, but I do prefer the red dot over the reflex (triangle) sight for guns that don't have ACOG or Holo.
Same, generally speaking.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Ugh, I hate bringing back this topic to the table but whatever.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1608197

quote:

Y1S3 and Y1S4 Signature Weapon Skin Compensation
The wording for the Year 1 Season 3 and 4 signature weapon skins was not entirely clear and created the perception that they were intended on being universal for future Seasons. This is not the original design intention. We are striving to create new and immersive cosmetic gear, which is why we unfortunately will not be able to dedicate resources to fitting these skins for upcoming weapons. However, because of the confusion that we created, we are distributing a free Blue Nebula Universal weapon skin for all players who owned Season 3 and 4 signature weapon skins. Additionally, if you are still unsatisfied, then you can contact us for a refund of the Renown or R6 Credits that you spent on these weapon skins. You have until March 21st to request the refund (then please allow 3 weeks’ time to process this request).

Please note that the signature weapon skin will be removed from your inventory and it will not be available for purchase again.

You will be able to redeem the following signature weapon skins:

Season Name
3 Amazônia
3 Azulejos
3 Piranha
3 Skull Rain
4 AKI NO TSURU
4 FUJIN RAIJIN
4 ONAMI
4 RYUKO

Should you wish to request a refund, you can contact our Customer Support team using the following platform specific URLs:
Xbox One https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=UniversalrefundXBOX
PlayStation 4 https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=UniversalrefundPS4
PC https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=UniversalrefundPC

If you bought the Season 5 signature weapon skin, you will receive the free weapon skin at a later date.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

That's nice of them

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Yes.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

quote:

We are striving to create new and immersive cosmetic gear, which is why we unfortunately will not be able to dedicate resources to fitting these skins for upcoming weapons.
I'm ok with this

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I don't care about renown but this waves skin is loving garbage. The question is do I keep something 'unique' that is also uniquely poo poo or not.

Well anyway, with this change to Jackals gun I question the fact that play testing was made on or it was not intentionally made OP. It doesn't take brightest dev in the box to figure out that a gun that simultaneously has a high rate of fire and high damage shouldn't also be pinpoint accurate.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Shut up nerd.

It needs to have appeal for people to buy the season pass. Word to mouth, mind games maaaaan :2bong:

Also it's easier to nerf than to buff.

e: VV Thief your op select game is weak.

Hard fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 15, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z36VMdlMLbo

http://i.imgur.com/uCoW0HM.webm

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Hard posted:

Shut up nerd.

It needs to have appeal for people to buy the season pass. Word to mouth, mind games maaaaan :2bong:

Leave him OP for 2 months to sell season passes for a week. :nice:

Hard posted:

Also it's easier to nerf than to buff.

Is this why Blackbeard only took one patch to nerf?

Why is there no apparent order to these icons except that the DLC operators are in chronological order after Blitz?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

If you wanna snipe it, you gotta sit on where the icon will load into, obviously. The positions don't change.

also lol

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Wooper posted:

Leave him OP for 2 months to sell season passes for a week. :nice:

Is this why Blackbeard only took one patch to nerf?

Why is there no apparent order to these icons except that the DLC operators are in chronological order after Blitz?

For the long run cmon man think of the big picture here.

BlackBeard wasn't supposed to launch like he did, psure this was communicated.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

For the long run cmon man think of the big picture here.

BlackBeard wasn't supposed to launch like he did, psure this was communicated.
Yeah, as a publicly traded company Ubisoft did report earnings.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I'm actually kind of sad they buffed Glaz now. He seems way too OP. Every match so far today has had a Glaz w/smokes. I felt more satisfied getting a kill with him before, now it's way easier for anyone. Hell, a dude TK'd me for stealing him away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

I like it! but OP? yeah, I guess a bit but we'll see how players adapt. it'll be cool to see shield players using extra smoke grenades to work with him

honestly loved Glaz before the update but I didn't play him as much because he never felt like he really had an "ability" like the other ops do. An offensive sniper that can just as effectively enter the building and cause trouble was always really cool but he was always just a 1 hit kill gun to me and not much else. The range toggle ability is already better handled in an operator like Buck that can switch from ACOG to a shotgun so yeah I think overall Glaz's update is good. if they need to nerf it, the easiest way would be to over-magnify the zoom when using the thermal.

and who knows... it'd be funny if the next defender op is somehow a perfect counter to him. dunno how they would actually do that though, maybe someone that can throw a ghostbusters trap on the floor and suck up a smoke cloud? :iiam:

• Locked thread