Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Junpei posted:

I actually had this weird theory as for why Priestess's got Bows to use. Basically, it was that someone on the dev team was replaying Geneaology of the Holy War, looked at Aideen and Lana, and thought "Hey! Wouldn't it be cool if they could actually put their Minor Ulir blood to use by giving them Bows on promotion?". I thought the same thing had happened with Patty and Outlaws as well.

I'm probably wrong.

It's because Yumi are used in rituals by priestesses in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Kay Kessler posted:

It's because Yumi are used in rituals by priestesses in Japan.
Yeah this, it's similar to the reason why Great Masters use naginata: because Japan. (But not in a bad way for once.)

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Tae posted:

Felicia literally cannot be beaten by mages.

I hadn't considered before this update how good Felicia's smug-face is. She knows she's invincible.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I like the Mini Bow, actually, because sometimes you just need this unit to die but the map is too cramped to hit from 2 spaces away. I've used it a good couple of times.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Who would win?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei posted:

I actually had this weird theory as for why Priestess's got Bows to use. Basically, it was that someone on the dev team was replaying Geneaology of the Holy War, looked at Aideen and Lana, and thought "Hey! Wouldn't it be cool if they could actually put their Minor Ulir blood to use by giving them Bows on promotion?". I thought the same thing had happened with Patty and Outlaws as well.

I'm probably wrong.
thieves use bows in this game because there were already plenty of sword classes in this game and having them use shurikens would just make them ninjas, and nohr needed a bow class, so they use bows. the obvious inspiration is robin hood.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Who would win?

What's the poison insect status?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Oh hey, Takumi's back up...why

Now, I just need to know one thing. Answer truthfully, and I'll be merciful. Who told you that we were here?
*cough* *cough* Heh...
I assure you, you have nothing to laugh about. Tell me now! Or else...
Or else you'll have to doubt your own people. Right?
What?!

I think you assumed a bit too much there, Iago

You, betrayer of Nohr, are now being betrayed yourself.
Now, I think I'd like to savor the irony just a while longer, so... Good-bye!

Nerf Teleporting

How can he just...disappear...like that?
When will you learn, young prince? You think that was really me? I almost feel bad for you. From this moment on, you'll never be able to let your guard down. Who will be the first to stab you in the back? Who can you really trust?
Shut up...
Very well, Corrin... Good luck.
Ugh...

Wait if he's an illusion, why would he need to teleport

Also he has an illusion that is so strong that he can actively kill our party members. Nerf Iago

Oh, Flora. Right, that whole fire abuse thing.

Flora, are you all right?
Uh...yeah. I think so. What happened to Iago?
He's gone. We had him for a second there, but then he slipped away. In any case, he can't hurt you anymore.
Oh, thank goodness.
Unfortunately, he left us with some rather troubling words.
He implied there's another traitor among us.

Weren't you, like, dying? I could've used you in the mission (Let's face it, he would've been voted off)

He's just trying to mess with your head.
You're probably right. But I have to admit...I do feel a bit uneasy.
That's not like you at all. You usually trust everybody!

I can't tell if that's encouragement or a shade burn

I know, but it's just that...
*huff* *huff* *huff*
No! Is your fever coming on stronger?

(Takumi falls to his knees)

Takumi!

Those drat icky germs!

All right, now that Iago's gone, I should be able to get into the apothecary. But...I still don't know what I'm looking for.
O-of course. I'll come with you. Let's go!

*Time passes*

It looks like he's sleeping soundly. So the medicine must have worked.
Y-yes. He should be fine now. He just needs plenty of rest.
Thank you, Sakura.
Yay! Oh, I'm glad he's doing better.
Yes, thank you for your help, Flora.
I hate to think about what could have happened if you hadn't been here.
Please, don't mention it.
So...what are you going to do now, Lord Corrin? Iago knows exactly where you are...
Yes, that's true. But I think we have to stick to the original plan and head to the capital.

Have we resupplied at any point, or am I supposed to assume they do that in Dragonland? They're not really consistent with using that cheating place.

Oh...I see. I guess I was kind of hoping that you'd stop by my village first.
Really? Why?

But it makes sense for you, too. The Ice Tribe village isn't controlled by Nohr. You could take shelter there and plan your next move. And Takumi could get some much-needed rest.

Maybe we can have a heart to heart talk between Rinkah and Flora on how the different elemental tribes work similarly in their societies.

nah

But what if King Garon finds out that your village is cooperating with us? Aren't you worried about what could happen?
I think the village will be all right. It's full of strong warriors! If soldiers were to invade, the villagers would simply freeze them in place!
Heh, I guess that's true.

Felicia, you've been holding back your blizzard powers and that annoys me

I've always wanted to show you my home village, Lord Corrin. Remember how we used to dream about this, Flora?
Yes. Yes, we did...
Very well. This should throw the Nohrian army off our track, at least for a while. Thank you for the offer, Flora.
Of course! It's my pleasure.
Let's give Takumi a few more minutes to rest and then get moving.
Zzz... Zzz... Ungh... Be careful...

Brother...something's not right... Look behind the curtain... Ughhh...

The brother is Corrin, not Ryoma. Except what curtain, I don't see one. Like a metaphoric curtain?

WAKE UP

He's delirious! Did that make sense to anyone else?
Zzz... Zzz...
That must be some fever dream he's having...
I-I don't know, Corrin. He sounded lucid for a second there...
Yes. I suppose he did...

Tae fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 14, 2017

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Tae posted:

Mini-Bow is a weird weapon where it's 7 mt and it's only 1 range. It's a weird weapon for bow users to have because you don't want them defensively tanking.

A series of battles led to Azama blocking for Silas, netting a pretty nice level for him. He's pretty close to being one of the best physical tanks if he wasn't locked to bows.

🤔 I haven't played this game, but couldn't you just...

edit:

Tae posted:

Brother...something's not right... Look behind the curtain... Ughhh...
First Iago, now Polonius?

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 14, 2017

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

There's a broken portrait ("Sakuraangry: O-of course.") and an extra Lady ("village, Lord/Lady Corrin.").

This whole fever subplot seems really out of nowhere so far, but that's Fates' writing for you? :psyduck:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

hey girl you up posted:

I haven't played this game, but couldn't you just...

Mini-bows only available with Nohr armory.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Booky posted:

This whole fever subplot seems really out of nowhere so far, but that's Fates' writing for you? :psyduck:
If it tied back into Takumi's possession from several chapters ago, then the sudden fever would actually work as a follow-up on that plot point. Alas, it's not and just a random speed bump that keeps Takumi out of this stage.

And Conquest is going to do the same thing for one of its chapters, except with slightly different circumstances.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
My very first Birthright run, Sakura gained so much more Strength than Magic that Priestess made her a stronger fighter than Onmyoji. She was on par with Takumi.

She has never gotten anywhere close to that in any of my subsequent runs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I need to do this DLC now.

Before Awakening is free DLC that's available anytime you get access to MyCastle, but the caveat is that DLC scales with the chapter progress of the game. This is the last chance I have before things turn really hard.

You should have a really accurate guess on what this is from the title alone.

What's wrong, Felicia?
Well, I was just cleaning up a part of the castle, minding my own business... I saw movement in the corner of my eye—I think I saw some invisible soldiers!
Hand on... You SAW invisible soldiers?
Y-yes! I mean, they weren't completely invisible. You know what I mean, milord! Anyway, I screamed when I saw them, and they ran off.
Did you see which direction they ran in?
I did! I tried to follow them, but then they went through a sliver of light... a gateway. I peered inside, but all I could see were trees. I've never seen a forest like it.
A forest through a gateway of some kind...
It didn't feel like any place we've been to. It felt like another world entirely.
If those soldiers went to that world, the people there may be in danger. We need to chase after them! Do you remember where the gate is?
Yes! Follow me!

DIMENSION WARP

I haven't a clue.
Hmmm... What are we going to do now?
Oh, it looks like there's a sign over there. It's legible, too! Halidom of... Ylisse?

Yikes!
Forgive me—did I startle you? You look a bit lost.
Milord. I don't believe I've ever seen these people before.
Oh! Travelers, then? That would explain the strange clothes you're wearing.
Um, sorry, but who are you?
Ah, I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Chrom. I'm captain of the Shepherds. The delicate one here is my little sister, Lissa.

Anyone that marries Henry is not delicate in the slight

Ignore my brother, please. He can be a bit thick sometimes.
Ehem. Over here is my knight, Frederick.
I serve as his aide and second-in-command.
I see. It's nice to meet you. My name is Corrin. With me is Felicia.
It's nice to make your acquaintance.
It's a pleasure to met both of you. So tell me, Corrin, what brings you through this area today?
The truth is, we were in pursuit of a group... Have you noticed anything strange happening lately? Maybe seen some warriors, nearly invisible?

Our halidom has been invaded?! They could be from neighboring Plegia...

Wait, isn't this the part where you say "Dat is Pegasus Dung!"

Lord Corrin, remember! This must be another world! We should do our best not to confuse or panic them, if we can avoid it.
Oh right! Um... did I say invisible warriors? I meant invisible... invisible...

You're not very good at improvising, milord.
Warthogs? Invisible ones?

Goddamnit Chrom

Yes, they are a very dangerous type of beast from our homeland. They're... um... excellent guard animals, but if left alone, they can cause a lot of trouble.
They can even destroy towns! They are very, very dangerous! Think of the worst wild animal you can—these are much worse!
These creatures sound awful!

If it's too close, hold nothing back when you fight them!
Really? Aren't these your beasts?
It's not important! It matters more to us that no on gets hurt in their rampage! We've... um... traveled very far to make sure everyone stays safe.
A-all right...

The behavior is suspicious?

This story sounds unlikely, at best. And just a moment ago, Felicia referred to you as Lord. Perhaps you would be so kind as to explain why you have such a title?
Well...
(If he tries to improvise again, we're all doomed.)

If you were going to tell the truth in the first place, then why

I beg your pardon?!
What? You're a prince?!
Yes, he is!
Felicia...

You are?
AHHHHHHH!!!
Was that a scream?!
I think it came from over there!

Good job making this guy the leader, Ryoma

*sigh* We've got this, milord!
Ah! Corrin?!
We're going too! Lissa, Frederick, follow me!
Of course!

It is them!
I'm so glad we found them!

*Chrom's group arrives*

Chrom?! I don't want to involve you three in our troubles!
It is our duty as defenders of this land to help whenever it's threatened. We'll aid you!
Chrom...
Thank you. Let's word together to end their rampage!
OK!

Frederick is still tough as ever, though slightly weaker because of how Silver Weapons work now.

Chrom is beefy and speedy, two things that'll help him survive this mission because I need all three to live to get the special item.

It's chapter 2 of Awakening, if you remember that nightmare.

I'm going in heavy with this mission, taking no chances. Ryoma, Sakura, Reina, Scarlet, and Felicia will show the true full power of the squad.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Kind of surprised you're not waiting until Conquest to do this DLC map, unless you're going to be putting the bonus conversations in a separate update.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's a big enough difference when you're a different gender. I'm showing this twice.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tae posted:

There's a big enough difference when you're a different gender. I'm showing this twice.
Ah, that makes sense.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
never mind, in hidsight Tae'll probably yell at me even though I spoiler'd the change I was discussing...

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I know this drat map like the back of my hand, due to using it to grind supports all the time.

It can get real drat hard.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
The rewards are all awesome though. Well worth it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't count

Tae fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 15, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So the reason why I have to go all-out on offense is because this is the last chapter before the enemies scale into promoted units. And unfortunately, Chrom and Lissa don't scale that well for survival purposes.

Felicia knocks out the Samurai in front of the Awakening crew, while Ryoma stands on a fort and awaits counter-killing a dozen enemies.

Ryoma learned Astra, which is overkill upon overkill at this point.

Ninjas spawn north of the bridge, which are the #1 reason why killing ASAP is the mission. They use a terrifying tactic called Lunge chaining, which has Ninjas lunge a unit repeatedly while pelting it with debuffs and Poison Strikes, leaving it weakened and at 1 HP to a big bruiser that will shatter any defense.

You can see how someone like Chrom or Lissa would instantly die from this. Frederick can survive a couple Lunges.

I'm sure you're familiar with Ryoma in his brief appearance being overpowered, so assume he did the same to all the map. He didn't gain much EXP.

The Awakening crew fight encounter

Strange beasts indeed... I can sense something is in front of me, but I can hardly see it. Prepare yourself, creature! I will not permit you to threaten this land!

I've never encountered anything like these creatures before! Oddly, they seem more human than animal, though...
No matter--I will not let you harm my Lord or my Lady. Exalt Emmeryn would never forgive me if something happened to them!

Is this one of those strange creatures Corrin was talking about?! I can't see it very well, and Avatar said it was very dangerous... Won't you please leave me alone? I can't hurt you!

Corrin talks to Chrom

Thank you for supporting us, Chrom. It's encouraging to have allies here.
I should be thanking you for warning us about this danger.
Corrin... Can I ask you something? You're a Prince, correct?
More or less.
As I mentioned before, I am royalty as well.
Really? I wasn't sure I'd heard you correctly earlier.
I'm part of the Halidom of Ylisse.
But...isn't it dangerous for you to be out doing patrols?
Perhaps, but no more dangerous than you chasing beasts in an unfamiliar forest.
Hah, fair enough.
Speaking of unfamiliar...where do you come from, Corrin? I know royal families from many neighboring kingdoms, but I've never heard of you.
I doubt you've heard of my lands, actually... Hoshido and Nohr aren't likely to appear on your maps...
Did you say Hoshido and Nohr? The mythical kingdoms?
Mythical?
I doubt there are many people who haven't heard a story about Hoshido and Nohr.
I don't... I'm not sure how to respond.
You don't have to explain things to me if you'd rather not. I won't pry into your affairs. After all, we're going to have to trust each other if we're going to get through this. *leaves*
He's trusting... Most people wouldn't accept a claim of royal heritage without proof. He and I share a faith in others, I guess.
But what did he mean when he called Hoshido and Nohr mythical kingdoms? Where are we?

Corrin talks to Frederick

Hm... I wonder...
Frederick, was it? Did you need something?
Corrin, are you truly royalty?
I am, yes.
I see. Would you mind if I asked you to show me something to prove your lineage?
You want proof?! I don't think I've ever been asked that before...
Anything will do. You could share the names of key people in your kingdom... If you have a brand proving you are royalty, you could show me that as well.
A brand? I don't have one... I don't really think I can name key people, either...

YOUR LITERAL BROTHERS AND SISTERS

If that is the case, I'd ask that you please avoid contact with milord and milady.
E-excuse me?
Keep at least 10 spears of distance between you and them at all times. It can be difficult to keep track in the heat of battle, but try to hold to that limit.
You want me to stay that far away in the middle of a fight?! That's crazy!
You should consider yourself lucky I'm only imposing 10. I could have said 20! I simply can't allow a complete stranger to compromise their safety!
Ugh, I know you don't know me, but I think you're taking this too far!
Maybe I can give you something as a sign of friendship? I have some delicious jerky...
Jerky? Not a good start... Pray tell, what beast is this jerky made from?
It's bear meat!
AHHHHHHHH! No! Never! Get it away!! *runs away*
Wha— Hey! Where are you going?! Man, he really hates me. All I want is to be friends...

I remember that convo between Robin and Freddy....

Corrin talks to Lissa

How are you holding up, Lissa? I'm sorry you got pulled into this mess.
Don't worry about me! I'm just fine.
I'm grateful to have this opportunity to fight side by side with someone like you. We don't have anyone in the Shepherds, besides my brother, who can lead like you.
Hahaha... You flatter me.
Hey, I really mean it!
Say, Corrin. When we're done here, it'd be great if you joined us!

Corrin does need some...Teaching of sorts

I appreciate the offer, Lissa, but I have some important things waiting back home.
I'm not surprised. Sorry for putting you on the spot like that. You are a prince after all. I'm sure you're busy running your kingdom and stuff.
Something like that... Thanks for inviting me, though. If fate had brought us together at another time, I could see myself joining your group.
Corrin...
Never fear, though! I'm sure you'll meet many new people on your adventures.
You really think so?
I do.
Well, if you say so, then I have a feeling it just might happen! Thanks, Corrin!

I guess Corrin would be decent early game, but he sucks later on compared to Tiki and Nowi so....hmm

Jakob talks to Frederick

Hey, jerk. What's the big idea?!
Are you talking to me? What have I done to earn such rudeness from you?
Huh? You're the one being rude! You keep looking at Lord Corrin like he's up to no good!
I am only doing my duty in protecting milord from any kind of harm. It is only natural to be suspicious of a person I have never met.
As a royal knight, I cannot afford to simply react to danger. I must anticipate and stop a situation before it can become dangerous.
What you say makes sense, though I resent you seeing Lord Corrin as a threat. So long as we are being honest...
I've been wondering if your "liege" is really a brigand.
What?! You dare insult milord? Does your tongue know no bounds?
You should not be so concerned with how I handle myself! Do we need to resolve this with more than just words?
Hah, surely you jest. I would never take part in such shameful behavior here. I mustn't lose my head in a sign of devotion.
After all, it would be no contest—none can rival my devotion as a retainer.
You seem to be mistaken yet again. I am far more devoted than you could ever be. For example, I've created a custom blend of tea exclusively for my lord.
Ha! That's nothing. The needs of my liege are never, ever far from my mind. When milord decides to travel, I travel ahead and clear any obstacle. Not even the smallest pebble shall trouble milord.
All through the night, I make sure that my lord's rooms are the ideal temperature. Too cold and I add another log to the fire. Too hot and I will quietly crack a window. I do this every night.
Hah, you still do that? I overcame the need to monitor milord's room years ago. I did so by engineering windows that would crack themselves if a room grew too warm.
I also personally chop the logs used in Chrom's fire. The size is never insufficient in providing warmth. They are also pleasing to the eye.
That's a really good idea, actually.
Thank you. That's kind of you to say.
I'm not sure how I feel about your liege yet, but I think we'll get along fine.
I also feel a sort of kinship with you now. You are the first person I've met that I can call my equal. If this wasn't a battlefield, I'd be compelled to continue this conversation.

Dorks. Reminder that Frederick literally does not know how to chill and relax.

*After the battle*

I owe you, Corrin. You and your allies have my gratitude.
We were the ones that got you involved in this whole mess. Think nothing of it.
Really, I'm sorry for putting you and the people here in harm's way. We'll do our best to prevent this from happening again.
I wish we could say it'll never happen again, but we can't make that kind of promise.
Unfortunately this is true...

This is some weird meta way of saying you can repeat this mission, sans most of the rewards.

I have no idea. Why not take these with you?
But Chrom, those are--!
Yes, the Exalt's Brand and Hero's Brand that our sister Emm gave me.

Uh....okay, that explains where they went. Just give out to random strangers after one battle.

Milord, are you sure about this? Those gifts from Exalt Emmeryn are on par with the kingdom's royal treasures.
What?! I can't accept something like that from you!
No, I want you to have them. I know full well how valuable they are, but... I think that they would be of great help to you, Corrin, and your allies.
I saw how you fought hard to keep us all safe from harm. I want to show you my appreciation. Please, take them.
Chrom...
Thank you. I promise to use them well.
Hmph. I cannot stop milord if he insists.
I will give you something as well.

DO NOT DISS THE PEBBLE

Yes. I collect them from milord and milady's path so they don't trip. I have a strange feeling that this one may help you in some way.
Um... Thanks... I'll... find a way to use it...
Lord Corrin, we should start heading home.
All right.
It was nice meeting you, Chrom, Lissa, and you as well, Frederick.
If you get the chance, come visit us again sometime. I'd like to talk more about our respective kingdoms.
I'm sure if you wish it, we'll meet again someday. Just hold fast to your beliefs.
I will. I'll look forward to the day our paths cross again.
Thanks, Chrom. I hope to spend time together again someday as well.

Beating the map for the first time nets you Hero's Brand, a class change item for males to change into Lodestar.

Keeping everyone alive will get you the Exalt's Brand, which changes females to the Great Lord.

Frederick will always give you the hidden weapon Pebble everytime you clear the map. Pebble-E rank, 1 mt, 80 hit, Cannot make follow up attacks, trigger critical hits or special skills, debuffs -4 STR/SPD/DEF/RES

*After Corrin and Felicia go back to their world*

Indeed. I have a feeling we might see them again sometime.
I was thinking the same thing!
Corrin was a very talented leader, you know. I was really impressed by the different battle tactics he used.

"Ryoma! Kill. Everything."

Unfortunately, battle strategy is not my strength.
Yeah, you're much more brawn before brains.
I wouldn't go that far...
Pardon me, milord, milady, but I believe we should get on our way. We must make headway farther south before the sun falls.
Sorry, let's get going.

What?!
Huh? You're right!! What should we do?!
We need to offer our help!

*The group checks on the person*

I've never seen clothes like these before. Where could--
Chrom... we have to do something.
What do you propose we do?
I... I dunno...

*The person wakes up*

Ah!
I see you're awake now.
Hey there!
There're better places to take a nap than on the ground, you know. Give me your hand.

CORRIN WAS THERE ALL ALONG AHHHHH

Class Overview: Great Lord, Lodestar

Great Lord

Pair-up Bonus: +4 SPD/LCK
Weapon rank: Swords (A), Lances (B)

Skills: (lvl 1) Dual Striker-When user is the support unit during Tag Team, Dual Strike damage +3
(lvl 10) Charm-Allies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 extra damage during battles
(lvl 25) Aether-Skill x 0.5% chance of triggering a Sol hit followed by a Luna hit
(lvl 35) Awakening-When HP is under half, Hit rate, Avoid, Critical rate and Critical Evade +30

Great Lord is what you expect out of a main character class. A powerful attack ability, a passive that can create an unstoppable force, and two great support skills. Combined with useful pair-up stats, Great Lord is an excellent class for any physical attackers.

Lodestar

Pair-up Bonus: +2 STR, +3 SPD/LCK
Weapon rank: Swords (S)

Skills: (lvl 1) Dancing Blade-Speed +3, Defence -1
(lvl 10) Charm-Allies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 extra damage during battles
(lvl 25) Dual Guarder-When user is the support unit while paired up, shield gauge gain +1
(lvl 35) Speedtaker-When user defeats the enemy, Speed +2 (up to 10) (does not overlap with other Taker skills and expires after the chapter)

While Great Lord is a balanced force of power and support, Lodestar is a speeding bullet that rides on momentum. It's a bit conflicting that Lodestar is all about the offense and double attacks, but Dual Guarder makes it arguably the best support partner with slightly better pair-up bonuses.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Really crossing my fingers that goes to Oboro if/when the time comes to vote

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Does this mean they'll finally have feet?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The last set of lines starting from Lissa's "Chrom, we have to do something..." is fully voiced, since it was basically the cutscene from Awakening.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.
Ahaha, tying Fates into the beginning of Awakening is so cheesy and I love it.

Clearly you should steroid up Rinkah and make her a Lord ::ducks::

Actual suggestion is Lodestar for Saizo. Double down on the speedy killer thing.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
It's kind of sad how well Chrom, Lissa, and Fred come across in comparison to most of the Fates crew, even in just a brief meeting here.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It's not like Fred was ever incompetent except for his terribad bases, and Chrom was deliberately written to, you know, be kinda dumb and overly blunt as an actual flaw.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm going to implement the Steroid Redemption program for the next chapter. Choices are a lord class, dark flier, or dread fighter.

Keep in mind male Lord is sword locked, while female lord is lance/sword. Dark Flier is lance/spells, Dread Fighter is sword/axe/hidden tools. They are also considered promoted classes, so unpromoted units will get boosted.

Stat boosters in total would give:
+4 STR
+6 MAG
+6 SKL
+6 SPD
+10 LCK
+4 DEF
+4 RES
+2 weapon rank

Give your best pitch for anyone, including those permanently benched, to get one of the DLC classes and all those stat boosters. They'll take up an auto-slot in the next mission.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Dread FIghter Rinkah.

I still like her, she already knows how to use Axes/Clubs, and it will give you another debuffer.

The Boosts + DF should be more than enough to fix all of her problems, and it's not like anyone else needs the class.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I'm okay with Dread Fighter Rinkah being given one more shot at not sucking it up!

Also Great Lord Orochi is a monster and another fun thing is Lodestar Ryoma. He's not dumb enough yet, let's slap Aether on him. He also looks astonishingly silly in Marth's clothes with his hair and helmet.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dread fighter kaze
Because i like overkill

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Would suggesting great lord for Azura be too cruel?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Dread Fighter Hyato is gunna be my vote.

You know, I never tried giving Azama one of the DLC classes to see how much more he'd hulk out. Bet its even more hilarious than the usual jump over to apothecary.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Dark Flier Felicia - She's a little weak and underpowered, so giving her access to steroids, tomes, and better movement should help her start to contribute again.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

hey girl you up posted:

Dark Flier Felicia - She's a little weak and underpowered, so giving her access to steroids, tomes, and better movement should help her start to contribute again.

:crossarms: Have you been reading the updates?

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
I forget are Dark Fliers female only in this game? If not, Hayato as a Dark Flier.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Weeble posted:

Dread FIghter Rinkah.

I still like her, she already knows how to use Axes/Clubs, and it will give you another debuffer.

The Boosts + DF should be more than enough to fix all of her problems, and it's not like anyone else needs the class.

This sounds ideal to me. I'd like to see Rinkah back in the fight.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Camel Pimp posted:

I forget are Dark Fliers female only in this game? If not, Hayato as a Dark Flier.

Yeah, if available I think this could be a good experiment. The team desperately needs another mage since Orochi doesn't seem to be working out, and Hayato is supposed to be okay at both physicals and magic. Being super mobile is just an extra bonus on top of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dark Flier is not gender specific, no.

• Locked thread