Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
kelvin is really good but now people are overrating him. he'll be the favorite and rightfully so but it's not out of the question for silva to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
the only good outcome of Anderson vs Kelvin is if Anderson does somehow win he'll get the winner of Bisping vs GSP for the belt.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Gay Horney posted:

anderson has had little sparks of brilliance in all of his fights lately. yall are forgetting that kelvin is slow and fat. silva r2 KO

calling kelvin slow is retarded

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

for sure

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Bubba Smith posted:

the only good outcome of Anderson vs Kelvin is if Anderson does somehow win he'll get the winner of Bisping vs GSP for the belt.

I just made a hard man in my pants.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

kelvin is really good but now people are overrating him. he'll be the favorite and rightfully so but it's not out of the question for silva to win

i believe emphatically that kelvin is underrated, by and large. i just think this is an awful match up for silva. it's been proven time and time again that if you have good footwork, and offensive / defensive striking, you can beat silva up / knock him out. if silva is worried about your wrestling, you can basically punch him in the face with impunity. kelvin / silva will look like weidman / silva.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

i believe emphatically that kelvin is underrated, by and large. i just think this is an awful match up for silva. it's been proven time and time again that if you have good footwork, and offensive / defensive striking, you can beat silva up / knock him out. if silva is worried about your wrestling, you can basically punch him in the face with impunity. kelvin / silva will look like weidman / silva.

1 or 2, because I really don't want to see an old man break his own leg

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Silva wins by flying knee ko and goes on to defeat Michael Bisping in the rematch. Retires champion. adieu.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Bubba Smith posted:

yeah why are they trying to murder anderson silva, I thought he's been a decent company guy the last few years.

could they please let Anderson juice just one more time, it probably won't even matter at this point but drat give him a shot

Old guys are in a weird position because they're paid too much to be the co main on a fox card or something but they got to fight people beyond where they're at to be high up on a ppv. If silva didn't want to fight "Big" Kelvin, I'm sure he wouldn't be.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm fairly certain Silva will get sparked out in a few minutes and I'm gonna be sad

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Anderson is gonna get destroyed.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Has there ever been a bigger age difference between two UFC fighters that have fought each other?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Has there ever been a bigger age difference between two UFC fighters that have fought each other?

Probably every other Mike Pyle fight sets this record

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Danny Downes Vs An Adult

red19fire
May 26, 2010

UFC 212: No Mercy for Old Champs

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

VITOR: [covering mouth and affecting a high falsetto] i think there should be a division for old people where you just box and you don't have to stand on your feet for longer than 3 minutes [removes hand] Wow, for sure that sounds good bro

lol

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't been paying attention, but 211 looks like a great card, and 212 is coming along as well. Aldo vs Holloway? Not sure how I missed that.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I first thought Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve, that's a 5081 day difference. Then I thought Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga, which was a 5809 day difference. This fight will be a 6073 day difference in ages.

Bluedeanie posted:

Probably every other Mike Pyle fight sets this record

Not even close. His last five fights were 4317, 4298, 4540, 5136 and 4603 days respectively. Didn't bother going past that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silva is still dangerous in bursts and could certainly cause trouble for a short fat guy who is going to have to bully his way inside, though I think Kelvin is the favorite. He doesn't have Weidman's length or his power and I don't think he will find it as easy to wrestle Anderson.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Memento posted:

I first thought Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve, that's a 5081 day difference. Then I thought Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga, which was a 5809 day difference. This fight will be a 6073 day difference in ages.

Not even close. His last five fights were 4317, 4298, 4540, 5136 and 4603 days respectively. Didn't bother going past that.

how many seconds is that

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

big money big clit posted:

Silva is still dangerous in bursts and could certainly cause trouble for a short fat guy who is going to have to bully his way inside, though I think Kelvin is the favorite. He doesn't have Weidman's length or his power and I don't think he will find it as easy to wrestle Anderson.

Agreed. Anderson's chin, reflexes, and legs are in heavy decline, but he still has his power and sound technical kickboxing. We shouldn't forget that he came very close to stopping Bisping, and he did a lot of damage to Cormier in the very short time they spent standing. Silva is also a lot bigger than Kelvin--5" taller and 7" longer, probably quite a bit heavier. At this point Gastelum is the better fighter and I believe he will win, but Silva has a chance of catching him on the entry or punishing him if he makes a mistake.

But predicting it, I think Anderson has been clearly hurt by strikes in each of his last three fights. Even in his fight with Nick Diaz he was shy about exchanges. Kelvin will pressure him, and if Anderson doesn't knock him out early, he'll hurt Silva with something and Kelvin won't give up the opportunity to recover. I'm thinking Gastelum by TKO R1 or R2.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kelvin is gonna train with Chael and lose via 5th round triangle.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

and he did a lot of damage to Cormier in the very short time they spent standing.

Lolling again at that one kick that Anderson landed that stopped Cormier beating the poo poo out of him for about 2 seconds being the only thing Anderson Stans would talk about after the fight noting it's flawless execution and devastating power.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
anderson is weird

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

red19fire posted:

UFC 212: No Mercy for Old Champs

This feels like less of a squash match than kelvin vs vitor.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

big money big clit posted:

I think Kelvin has a lot of power in his hands but I understand what you are saying.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

VITOR: [covering mouth and affecting a high falsetto] i think there should be a division for old people where you just box and you don't have to stand on your feet for longer than 3 minutes [removes hand] Wow, for sure that sounds good bro
rofl

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Bundt Cake posted:

anderson is weird

Could someone post the Brazilian commercial of him singing to a Burger King Burger? This is important.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Captain Log posted:

Could someone post the Brazilian commercial of him singing to a Burger King Burger? This is important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOiq3N1HY6s

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

Lolling again at that one kick that Anderson landed that stopped Cormier beating the poo poo out of him for about 2 seconds being the only thing Anderson Stans would talk about after the fight noting it's flawless execution and devastating power.

Anderson won like... 20 seconds out of fifteen minutes from kicking DC in the liver? I was just saying he can still land hard shots, it's just he can't create his opportunities any more, it's like guys have to give them away, Bisping calling time, Cormier playing a little too loose in the final minute. Imagine five years ago somebody told you that one day Anderson would be fighting for a puncher's chance against a fat welterweight.

e:

Marching Powder posted:

I also feel like I've read people questioning his cardio. He had a really active back-and-forth five-rounder against Neil Magny, and Kelvin finished strong and won 4 & 5. That was at 170, against a guy who is notable for a deep gas tank. Gastelum sucks at dieting but that doesn't make him slow or gassy, his speed and cardio are both good.

Schenck v. U.S. fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 15, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I don't think it's as easy as that, but at the same time fighters don't even do the bare minimum.

I feel if you spend enough time with Chael, you'll pick up his style and methods of trash talking via osmosis.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

gently caress habib i want to see ferguson fight nate

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Google Butt posted:

I read this as "gently caress Khabib, I want to see Ferguson mate"

RIP Anderson

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Anderson will be fine, Sensei Segal is being wheeled in to teach him the touch of death

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I both love and hate the fact that Anderson Silva hasn't changed the way he fights at all, over the course of going from greatest alive, most entertaining fighter in the world to just a top 10 fighter in the division. He still fucks around and throws wacky strikes, even though they don't land very much and he hasn't knocked anyone out in years and he loses rounds left and right. He still scoffs at guys trying to strike with him, even though they get the better of exchanges plenty of times. It is so stupid to not change things up as you age, but I just can't hate him for still trying to do the drat thing.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Stealth Tiger posted:

I both love and hate the fact that Anderson Silva hasn't changed the way he fights at all, over the course of going from greatest alive, most entertaining fighter in the world to just a top 10 fighter in the division. He still fucks around and throws wacky strikes, even though they don't land very much and he hasn't knocked anyone out in years and he loses rounds left and right. He still scoffs at guys trying to strike with him, even though they get the better of exchanges plenty of times. It is so stupid to not change things up as you age, but I just can't hate him for still trying to do the drat thing.

C'mon now. He has changed his "nutrition"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just read about The Ultimate Fighter: Redemption (I live under a rock).

I am looking forward to seeing Jesse "The Mutant Limo Door Breaker" Taylor fighting on a UFC product again.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Kelvin probably won't finish Anderson. Cormier couldn't. Brunson couldn't. Weidman was a lot bigger than Kelvin. Anderson still has a goodish chin imo. He still has good head movement. He is still Anderson Silva fighting a young guy who will have grown up adoring him.

Kelvin should win a fairly wide decision but Anderson is still hypnotic and Kelvin is quite inexperienced. If Anderson can get in his head and lands a few good shots to make Kelvin tentative who knows.

I assume Anderson is fairly good odds in betting?

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Google Butt posted:

Seems Nate has decided on moneyfights and nothing more.

Someone chummed the waters with moneyfights and it's the fans who suffer. gently caress you Conor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rude_Dude
Jun 2, 2009

MacDougall posted:

Kelvin probably won't finish Anderson. Cormier couldn't. Brunson couldn't. Weidman was a lot bigger than Kelvin. Anderson still has a goodish chin imo. He still has good head movement. He is still Anderson Silva fighting a young guy who will have grown up adoring him.

Kelvin should win a fairly wide decision but Anderson is still hypnotic and Kelvin is quite inexperienced. If Anderson can get in his head and lands a few good shots to make Kelvin tentative who knows.

I assume Anderson is fairly good odds in betting?

Kelvin has 11 UFC fights (not including TUF). He is not "quite inexperienced".

• Locked thread