Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Rad Valtar posted:

I don't understand how people are scratching there's. Your not suppose to push down on the thing just let it go and it connects.

Not having experienced it, my understanding is that it stems from some docks that were mis-manufactured in such a way where the upper part of the dock presses on the screen as you're sliding it in. Apparently there's some check you can do where if, while docked, you see if there's less than a penny's thickness of clearance between the dock and the switch and if there's not you've got a faulty dock, but I haven't looked into details because I haven't had any issues with it and have a screen protector to boot. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I just don't use the dock because Zelda looks washed out on my TV for some reason.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Norns posted:

I just don't use the dock because Zelda looks washed out on my TV for some reason.

change the color settings on your switch from auto to whatever else until it looks right

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Norns posted:

What RGB mode are you using? Your television may not support it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I forgot to pack my Switch in my workbag today and now I won't be able to play it at lunch

god drat withdrawal symptoms

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Whoa, "kickstand mode" is way better than I expected it to be. I decided to give my battery a good drain today, since it's been docked like 95% of the time since I got it. Played a few hours of Zelda with a Joy-Con in each hand and I can't wrap my head around how good it feels, especially with gyro aiming in the right Joy-Con. Portable mode, kinda unwieldy, but Joy-Cons in each hand, awesome. Took out a huge multi-level camp of bobos in record time, just 360 noscoping them left and right. I might even be better at it this way than with the Pro controller.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

enojy posted:

Whoa, "kickstand mode" is way better than I expected it to be. I decided to give my battery a good drain today, since it's been docked like 95% of the time since I got it. Played a few hours of Zelda with a Joy-Con in each hand and I can't wrap my head around how good it feels, especially with gyro aiming in the right Joy-Con. Portable mode, kinda unwieldy, but Joy-Cons in each hand, awesome. Took out a huge multi-level camp of bobos in record time, just 360 noscoping them left and right. I might even be better at it this way than with the Pro controller.

Will be fascinating to play Splatoon 2 with freestyle joycons.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I don't like Kickstand mode because I feel it's far too right and gives balance issues. I also don't like the joycons by themselves, feel too small in my giant meat hands, but that's more of an issue of mine, than one in general.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Kickstand free style joycons while curled up in a ball under blankets is the only way to fly.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I'm seriously considering buying another switch because my fiance and I are each being fucks about Zelda schedules.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

If you break up with her now, you at least save $300.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KidDynamite posted:

I'm seriously considering buying another switch because my fiance and I are each being fucks about Zelda schedules.

My GF and I work nearly opposite schedules. It keeps us sane and non-combative... for now.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

KidDynamite posted:

My wife playing Zelda is the only thing keeping me from playing nonstop.

Also it's fun to watch each other play the same game with such different abilities, priorities, and goals!

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

I guess I'm not beating Zelda. :cry:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I'm five plus hours into Zelda and just now leaving noobie zone. Any other game and I'd probably be labeled a slow rear end scrub.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm five plus hours into Zelda and just now leaving noobie zone. Any other game and I'd probably be labeled a slow rear end scrub.

Still a slow sad scrub. But in a game where that just gives you that much more fun!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Not having experienced it, my understanding is that it stems from some docks that were mis-manufactured in such a way where the upper part of the dock presses on the screen as you're sliding it in. Apparently there's some check you can do where if, while docked, you see if there's less than a penny's thickness of clearance between the dock and the switch and if there's not you've got a faulty dock, but I haven't looked into details because I haven't had any issues with it and have a screen protector to boot. :shrug:

Many of these retards will end up with penny scratches on their screens.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Freestyle Joycons are the best control scheme for every video game ever, including Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch, whenever that comes out

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Music Theory posted:

Freestyle Joycons are the best control scheme for every video game ever, including Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch, whenever that comes out

I have trouble hitting the shoulder buttons. Not a lot. But its awkward without the support of 2 hands.

Its waggle all over again. I CAN use it. But its a step backwards so I dont want to.

(luckily I don't ever have to)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

More than 75 hours in BotW and I am still not finished, or bored with it.

I really hope the next game fucks around with gravity physics in the Twilight realm.

Also Switch sales numbers are extremely positive, so that's good.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

More than 75 hours in BotW and I am still not finished, or bored with it.

I really hope the next game fucks around with gravity physics in the Twilight realm.

Also Switch sales numbers are extremely positive, so that's good.

Everyone I know seems to be surprised at how many hours they're logging on BOTW by 10-20 hours. Way too easy to lose yourself in this one.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is Blaster Master Zero a good game to buy if you've never played the first one? I thought it was a mild Megaman ripoff, but it look more involved.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Blaster Master is such a weird franchise. I mean, I LOVED it when I was a kid, but always thought it was one of those games that was going to evolve into a 3D title. Nope, it's exactly what it wants to be. A game about a jumping tank that you have to get out of sometimes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is Blaster Master Zero a good game to buy if you've never played the first one? I thought it was a mild Megaman ripoff, but it look more involved.

It has several different game play types and not all of them are as good as driving around and sometimes getting out but yeah its a cool nes game

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

Everyone I know seems to be surprised at how many hours they're logging on BOTW by 10-20 hours. Way too easy to lose yourself in this one.

Its crazy. I start it up. Meaning to go to a tower to the east. And I see a thing on the way. Get a mini quest. 5 hours later I've done a hearts worth of shrines and haven't gotten to that tower that's now to my south.

I love it. But I don't think it will have much if ANY replay for me. The discovery is the core of the game. Maybe I can come back in years, but I am really taking my time and going slow and trying to 100% as much as I can without guides. Because I wont be back until the story dlc.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 15, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Drunk Tomato posted:

That game is basically Grand Theft Lego, right?

I'm just wondering what they are going to charge and what incentive there is if I've already played the game. I've seen it listed as $60 but that can't be right. It would be nice if they fixed the load times significantly, but that wouldn't be enough.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

parallelodad posted:

I'm just wondering what they are going to charge and what incentive there is if I've already played the game. I've seen it listed as $60 but that can't be right. It would be nice if they fixed the load times significantly, but that wouldn't be enough.

It's Portable.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
How does saving in Blaster Master Zero work? I only ever beat the original via save states 20 years later.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Louisgod posted:

How does saving in Blaster Master Zero work? I only ever beat the original via save states 20 years later.

It has check points i think

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DoctorWhat posted:

It's Portable.

They're gonna have to do better than that charging full price for a 4 year old game.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Its crazy. I start it up. Meaning to go to a tower to the east. And I see a thing on the way. Get a mini quest. 5 hours later I've done a hearts worth of shrines and haven't gotten to that tower that's now to my south.

I love it. But I don't think it will have much if ANY replay for me. The discovery is the core of the game. Maybe I can come back in years, but I am really taking my time and going slow and trying to 100% as much as I can without guides. Because I wont be back until the story dlc.

This is my experience as well. Though I'm already thinking about my next playthrough. I've gotten so much mileage out of messing around with my options in OoT, I can't imagine how this is going to be when I try things differently in the beginning with BotW.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

parallelodad posted:

They're gonna have to do better than that charging full price for a 4 year old game.

nah

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Calaveron posted:

Hey man it's hard when you're running like a headless chicken avoiding ancient magilasers and pink poison stuff that seriously sounds like a septic tank

if your septic tank looks like that you may want to call someone in to take a look at it

e: looks, sounds, same diff, leaving it

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This is my experience as well. Though I'm already thinking about my next playthrough. I've gotten so much mileage out of messing around with my options in OoT, I can't imagine how this is going to be when I try things differently in the beginning with BotW.

Maybe challange runs could be fun? Seeing how underpowered you can beat the game. I don't know and the answers might spoil things for me.

But I really think the trick to this game. And its a great trick. Its the unrivaled sense of discovery and freedom I've never experienced. Wind wakes hinted at it. But I quickly realized there was one thing a grid space. Besides I'm pretty sure this dwarfs the whole windwaker ocean. Its amazing and unique. But I will never again unknow what's waiting around the next corner or even better what's on top of the next mountain. Its that singular experience that I'm all in for and not challenge runs or the combat trials. Its discovering the world. I'm kind of sad to unlock my last 2 uncharted regions. I don't want it to end so I've taken to exploring and grinding for outfit upgrades.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

parallelodad posted:

Not rly. Plenty of "HD" remakes for PS4 and Xbox One were full priced and they offered nothing but higher resolutions. This at least adds new modes, fixes battle mode (with 8 maps), adds characters and features like holding two items at once. It's fine.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Maybe challange runs could be fun? Seeing how underpowered you can beat the game. I don't know and the answers might spoil things for me.

But I really think the trick to this game. And its a great trick. Its the unrivaled sense of discovery and freedom I've never experienced. Wind wakes hinted at it. But I quickly realized there was one thing a grid space. Besides I'm pretty sure this dwarfs the whole windwaker ocean. Its amazing and unique. But I will never again unknow what's waiting around the next corner or even better what's on top of the next mountain. Its that singular experience that I'm all in for and not challenge runs or the combat trials. Its discovering the world. I'm kind of sad to unlock my last 2 uncharted regions. I don't want it to end so I've taken to exploring and grinding for outfit upgrades.

It is kind of a bummer to unlock all the map sections at first. But then when you feel like you've gone everywhere, you look closely at the map and realize there are tons of areas you've never explored, or it's literally been a week since you last visited that one area. It's crazy how awesome this game is.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Surprise there been no leak impression on the Binding of Isaac release. I saw the copies we got at work today in the backroom, but they are street dated so I wasn't going to even try to buy it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm going to start over some time and immediately bonk Ganon with a stick just to see if I can.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Mahoning posted:

It is kind of a bummer to unlock all the map sections at first. But then when you feel like you've gone everywhere, you look closely at the map and realize there are tons of areas you've never explored, or it's literally been a week since you last visited that one area. It's crazy how awesome this game is.

Doing that. But without the last 2. My last 2. Probably different then yours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

InFlames235 posted:

Not rly. Plenty of "HD" remakes for PS4 and Xbox One were full priced and they offered nothing but higher resolutions. This at least adds new modes, fixes battle mode (with 8 maps), adds characters and features like holding two items at once. It's fine.

I'm talking about Lego City

• Locked thread