Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Fully expecting something like "We've got his tax returns from 1972-74"

PS: how many hours till "9pm ET" for a bad (and sick!) foreigner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

ozza posted:

47 minutes

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ozza posted:

one hour

didn't they already get his tax returns for a year? weren't they basically "he claimed a bajillion dollars in losses and never has the pay taxes again"

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

one hour

didn't they already get his tax returns for a year? weren't they basically "he claimed a bajillion dollars in losses and never has the pay taxes again"

you do a pretty good imitation of a copy editor for the grey lady

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes.html

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Ooh they've got them from 2005....

This could be not-nothing!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Rachel's been drawing lines from the Russian "Fertilizer King," the head of Deutsche-Bank/Cyprus Bank, etc. to Trump, his cabinet, and to Jared. She's pointing out bits of the "un-substantiated dossier" that are now essentially "substantiated."

I wouldn't be surprised if when the most damaging leaks hit, they come straight to her. This could be the beginning of the very best lols of all.

Attack of the killer lols.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

ozza posted:

She said they're from 2005 so yeah, kinda.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

check a calendar, it's not insignificant

fed (and state) taxes are due in almost a month

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
here's a lol

oh btw these polls were conducted yesterday :laugh:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
lmao he is still beating her by five miles

Bigly lols all around.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Homestar Runner posted:

here's a lol

oh btw these polls were conducted yesterday :laugh:

His favorable number has gone up from 38% a couple weeks ago :psyboom:

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
lmao

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/vrunt/status/841817129544495105

also disappointed to find out this thread isn't still with her

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/davidshepardson/status/841810979595902978

lol

edit: Daily Beast has a run-down of Trump's 2005 taxes, site they sourced is non-functional for me at least:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/03/14/report-trump-s-2005-taxes-revealed.html

https://www.dcreport.org/2017/03/14/taxes/

Kumo fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 15, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Real cool of them to not look at the tax return leaks beforehand so they can potentially own themselves live on stream when nothing is found.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
how many millions did trump spend on candles in 2005????

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

white house press releases that read like they are written by angry teens :allears:

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Did this reveal anything or wut

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Soundboz posted:

Did this reveal anything or wut

Doesn't look like it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Yeah, it's loving nothing.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Dizz posted:

Real cool of them to not look at the tax return leaks beforehand so they can potentially own themselves live on stream when nothing is found.

They found them in Al Capone's vault

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
It's nothing, and it was stupid to make a medium-sized deal about it.

Although David Cay Johnson is on and is hilarious; he's basically saying Donald may have leaked this on his own, and also may have sent the racy Melania pics to the NY Post http://nypost.com/2016/08/01/melania-trumps-girl-on-girl-photos-from-racy-shoot-revealed/

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
rachel maddow is almost more annoying than the orange babboon president right now

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Maddow is a hack

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
some jolly folks over at Wesleyan Media, who just to share the joy of lols to us all (god bless 'em), decided to do an analysis on policy discussion in advertisements run by the respective Trump / Clinton campaigns

their findings: more lols for the lol god

^ the white bar refers to actual policy discussion, whilst the dark grey bar refers to mindless personal attacks / smearjobs

which reminds me of this ol' chestnut :laugh:

SSNeoman posted:

The woman did everything right. She ran the campaign literally as well as it could possibly go. I cannot find a single flaw in the way she ran it besides
1. She's a woman
2. she's not Bernie

So yeah, this one is on us.

lol :abuela:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Homestar Runner posted:

some jolly folks over at Wesleyan Media, who just to share the joy of lols to us all (god bless 'em), decided to do an analysis on policy discussion in advertisements run by the respective Trump / Clinton campaigns

^ the white bar refers to actual policy discussion, whilst the dark grey bar refers to mindless personal attacks / smearjobs

which reminds me of this ol' chestnut

I hilariously incompetent campaign that lost multiple safe blue states.

People made fun of Trump's rallies but at least he got how you had to do lots of intense campaigning in hopes of converting safe states/swing states.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Homestar Runner posted:

which reminds me of this ol' chestnut

I dunno poo poo about the ads but I watched the debates and he was general as poo poo about and policy and didn't say anything overall. She wasn't any better but wasn't that much worse

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

rachel maddow is almost more annoying than the orange babboon president right now
This is how the left-leaning media squanders its goodwill. A right-wing pundit who promised something juicy would at least have the decency to make something up.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
MSNBC Exclusive:
Tax Law benefits the rich!!!

0__0

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
Honestly I never got the outrage for Trump as paying as little taxes as legally possible. It's what anyone would do. Who cares? It's tax policy that sucks.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It's been almost half a year since the election and this thread still can't stop talking about Hillary, at this point Donald Trump is more likely to stop bringing it up at every opportunity first.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Guy Mann posted:

It's been almost half a year since the election and this thread still can't stop talking about Hillary, at this point Donald Trump is more likely to stop bringing it up at every opportunity first.

did you cry on election day

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Lurk Ethic posted:

Honestly I never got the outrage for Trump as paying as little taxes as legally possible. It's what anyone would do. Who cares? It's tax policy that sucks.

People seriously believe he's not paying taxes at all, or as much as he's legally supposed to, or hoping to see that he's getting paid off by someone.

It's a lol because anyone with a brain wouldn't put poo poo like that on papers.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

https://twitter.com/vrunt/status/841817129544495105

also disappointed to find out this thread isn't still with her

nobody actually liked hillary hth

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

thathonkey posted:

nobody actually liked hillary hth

lmbo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

proof of concept posted:

They have the power to raise the price of our gasoline by $5/gallon any time they want

They have the power to start trading for oil in another currency line the euro and everyone else would follow suit

These are not small matters

No they don't. They've been trying to get OPEC to cut back production and get the prices raised but prices are actually going down. Any cutback by OPEC, assuming they can actually convince these cash-strapped countries to go along, is quickly offset by more North American shale deposit mining.

The idea that they have that power is a relic from the 70s 80s and 90s. They can barely control the production of their own members much less actually cut back enough to nudge global prices.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

did you cry on election day

i was in a newsroom talking a producer out of suicide. if i could go back in time i would tell him it's actually worse but funnier than he thought lol

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

It's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Play posted:

No they don't. They've been trying to get OPEC to cut back production and get the prices raised but prices are actually going down. Any cutback by OPEC, assuming they can actually convince these cash-strapped countries to go along, is quickly offset by more North American shale deposit mining.

The idea that they have that power is a relic from the 70s 80s and 90s. They can barely control the production of their own members much less actually cut back enough to nudge global prices.

OPEC ended up being a pretty ineffective cartel due to how all the members countries would always screw each other over when one of them got into a cash crunch.