Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
This will probably be the first orbfest I don't pay much attention to aside from completing it. Black Crystals and Power Crystals seem much more valuable to me at this point with the value of 5* abilities in general dropping. Most of my guys are leveled where I need them to be, and we're getting a second EXP dungeon soon so the value of that from orbfests has gone down. So I'll be sticking to crystal farming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Kawalimus posted:

This will probably be the first orbfest I don't pay much attention to aside from completing it. Black Crystals and Power Crystals seem much more valuable to me at this point with the value of 5* abilities in general dropping. Most of my guys are leveled where I need them to be, and we're getting a second EXP dungeon soon so the value of that from orbfests has gone down. So I'll be sticking to crystal farming.

I read that the new XP dailies will end up having less XP per run if you count the reduced egg drops and that the new orb dailies will have better major drop rates than orb fest.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, can anyone confirm?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Kawalimus posted:

I still need to level up a ton of my nerds and I still have​ new relics to master but I'm​ going to be farming black crystals as much as I can.

I haven't crafted Meltdown yet because I still primarily use physical teams but it's going to be a very good long-term investment.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The game is running like poo poo for me right now. Is this just people swamping the servers before orbfest?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

I still need to level up a ton of my nerds and I still have​ new relics to master but I'm​ going to be farming black crystals as much as I can.

I haven't crafted Meltdown yet because I still primarily use physical teams but it's going to be a very good long-term investment.

Meltdown is definitely worth having at R1. I'll have to keep my eyes open though and decide whether to take that or Ultima to R2, what with the rebalancing that's happened in JP.

Black Crystals just seem like a no-brainer to pick over orbfest since this and the coming VI event are our last times to farm them. At least for a long long time. Might as well grab what I can.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Attestant posted:

Yeah, honestly you're in a bit of an awkward situation with Y'shtola Wall + Ramza Tailwind. I'd probably gun hard for Shout or Vessel of Fate during anniversary, so you can RW Wall instead, and have a dedicated healer from the Curaga Lucky Draw.

Alternatively, Curaga Lucky Draw for heals, RW Shout or Vessel of Fate, and just... not run Wall at all. A good offense can be the best defense, and Wall isn't quite as mandatory as it used to be. (Plenty of defense ignoring attacks these days from bosses.)

Got the current 160 down to a hair but everything shat out at the end and I got hit for a 6000 aoe, slow was the issue and I can adjust so Garnet has a bar and change going into the 3rd fight, Lightning was also whiffing all her stuns on bosses 2 and 3.

Just going through and catching up on the Nightmare stuff I missed. Sound like I can re-catch up on the story dungeons soon too with the half price coming up.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It seems like this orbfest will have Upgrade Materials as its own phase this time around, so that means it's lasting for a little longer than it usually does. Really good stuff. I'm also not jonesing for Meltdown R3 or whatever. I'm gonna get so many characters to level 80 you guys, it's gonna be great.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Ok the paralysis proc from Bahumut is starting to get really annoying

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

How do I farm black crystals? Do I have to do that airplane mode trick? I thought they patched that?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Servaetes posted:

Ok the paralysis proc from Bahumut is starting to get really annoying
Bring along Affliction Break. Honing it to R2 is situational but has really helped out in those cases where it matters.

djfooboo posted:

How do I farm black crystals? Do I have to do that airplane mode trick? I thought they patched that?
Certain bosses (generally 160 Ultimate) have crystals on their loot tables. And since loot is randomly rolled at the very beginning of the fight, you can use an emulator in conjunction with a traffic interceptor (like Fiddler) to figure out what the loot is without having to go through that whole fight.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 14, 2017

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I was using Affliction Break and the paralysis still hit one or two people every time

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i didnt get hit with a single status effect on my U++ run with just affliction break

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
When is the lucky draw?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Elephant Ambush posted:

When is the lucky draw?

There should be one tonight at regular content rollover time for the DU

The anniversary ones are next week

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

When is the lucky draw?

The dungeon update will be up in . . . I believe two and a half hours, taking into account DST.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Thanks.

In other news, I finally beat Geosgaeno. However I forgot to bring water damage so I didn't master it :(

I'm not going to bother trying again. The rewards are not worth the frustration. I got my motes and my 6*s and my crystals from shattering them.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, and as a reminder, this Lucky Draw for the DU tonight is going to be a really good pull at 25 mithril. It's 3/9/FFT, with SSBs as the floor.

Lot of great stuff (and two goon favorite games) in that pool, unless you whaled hard for OK gloves and TG Cid.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

wizard on a water slide posted:

Oh, and as a reminder, this Lucky Draw for the DU tonight is going to be a really good pull at 25 mithril. It's 3/9/FFT, with SSBs as the floor.

Lot of great stuff (and two goon favorite games) in that pool, unless you whaled hard for OK gloves and TG Cid.

I did for Cid, and I ended up with multiples of everything on that banner except Ovelia's SSB curaga... which is what I got here. So.... great? I'm just glad I didn't get that stupid FF8 gun I drew the last two dungeon updates.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

1/11, Zidane's Orichalcum.

At least it's not a dupe, but why do all of my lucky draws have to be 1/11 :sigh:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

That's my fifth different soul break for Ramza ha ha.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Refia BSB and Zidane SSB. Wish I would've gotten Raines BSB in the last banner, but apparently Refia's BSB is one of the better ones?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Just got a FFT Healing staff.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Got FFT healing staff, one of the relics I was hoping for. Covers me for medica in yet another realm. Also got a dupe Dragon Knight Greatcoat, which is a candidate for a combine considering how many armors I have in that realm(like 8)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

first draw since tablet broke

dupe Lambent Hat. Haha

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I got Delita's BSB. Doesn't look very exciting, but at least it fits in every elemental team imaginable. Guess I've got myself a viable holy team now with Agrias, Delita, and Penelo

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Onions ssb staff, Desch ssb sword, dupe Iga blade for ramza, and Cid's osb!

Was hoping for onion gauntlets but I think I will live. Have Cid osb and bsb now, I should level him to 99.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
how are the half off stamina realm dungeons going to work?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

how are the half off stamina realm dungeons going to work?

Exactly like it says on the tin.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Zurai posted:

Exactly like it says on the tin.

like, all of em? so basically dont do realm dungeons right now?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

like, all of em? so basically dont do realm dungeons right now?

Well they coincide with orbfest so you have a decision to make there but otherwise yeah.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Eternal Staff(FF3 Onion Knight)

Fairy Flute(FF9 Eiko)

Well that helps my medica problem a smidge.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

4 rainbows but pretty blah draw for me, mustadio's older gun, vivi's mace of zeus, kuja's punisher (dupe), ovelia's old blink staff (2nd dupe).

glued the staves together for a 7*, considering doing the same with the punisher since I'll still be left with two FF9 synergy rods

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
got arc's instant medica + phys blink and red hair's throwing weapon that boosts his attack and def or something

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Two TIn Armors, Rising Sun, and a dupe Gungnir. My Tactics synergy is still crappy, but there are worse results.

Not sure if I'm gonna fuse the Gungnirs for a super spear. Might wait til post the III event so that OK can use a synergy weapon without taking away Refia's.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

3/11 Dupe Dagger of Resolve, Onion Gauntlets and Shura Gauntlets.

:dance:

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Had a weird draw.

2x Break Blade
2x Shura Gloves
1x Zidane's Chest

I'll take it, lots of bonus elemental damage is nice. I don't have anything else for Zidane, but I foresee Luneth getting some use out of the shirt.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I got Kuja's BSB and Delita's Coral Sword SSB. The latter is just a stat stick for now, but Kuja's BSB is pretty nice since it's my first mage BSB and gives me a decent little dark element team since I already have Shadow's BSB and Edea's dark imperil.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I never played through the PSP version of FFT, so thanks to FFRK I'm just now noticing that while the retranslation toyed with people's names, it didn't change Wiegraf, which was obviously supposed to be Wiglaf. What the hell :psyduck:

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
I just got my first OSB, which was Zidan's Meo twister. I've never really used them yet, if I have no other SBs for Zidane is he now worth bringing around for the OSB damage? If so should I grab mug bloodlust on him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

why would wiglaf make any more or less sense than wiegraf

• Locked thread