Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Not a new Dees but I wanted to give people something that isn't a bunch of text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CampingCarl posted:

Not a new Dees

Aww :( I was really hoping that Dees had become so disillusioned with Donald Trump that he already fled back into the warm welcoming bosom of Ron Paul

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

No stars of david? No chemtrails? That has to be a shop.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

CampingCarl posted:

Not a new Dees but I wanted to give people something that isn't a bunch of text.

I'm confused. Does he think fema camps are bad? Because that looks rad to me.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

cis autodrag posted:

They're advertised as being good when they're actually bad. Kind of like Ron Paul, actually

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

You didn't mention one movie, you said to watch an Ed Wood movie. He only made one movie that's relevant.

Ed Wood is both a person and a movie.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

Can't find the original on his site but this might answer your question:

or maybe not.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

CampingCarl posted:

CampingCarl posted:

or maybe not.

I...would love to go that camp?

edit "oh no i didn't sign up in time for the glory charge to gas town, I'll have to play volley ball with stock photo models"

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

CampingCarl posted:

or maybe not.

FEMA is looking more and more attractive here. :rock:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
It's a bit late,but I am trans and didn't realize transsexual was rude now. The more you know!

That's not sarcasm, I literally didnt.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Neopie posted:

It's a bit late,but I am trans and didn't realize transsexual was rude now. The more you know!

That's not sarcasm, I literally didnt.

If people are telling you what you should be offended by, that says a hell of a lot more about them than you.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Fulchrum posted:

If people are telling you what you should be offended by, that says a hell of a lot more about them than you.

how many bad posts can you make

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Fulchrum posted:

Or maybe I give a poo poo about respecting other people in my community and doing the best to not hurt anyone?

Mog
Nov 23, 2006

Pillbug

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Neopie posted:

Or maybe I give a poo poo about respecting other people in my community and doing the best to not hurt anyone?

Well according to the NCTE it's a matter of individual preference that should be understood person by person and is not considered by them to be a derogatory term.

And they don't say jack poo poo about the word transgenderism.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

CampingCarl posted:

or maybe not.

I'm the Skull Truck Party Wagon.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

I'm the Skull Truck Party Wagon.

I mean, you have to appreciate that they at least painted some bright colors on the skull faced flame wheel truck.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

You didn't mention one movie, you said to watch an Ed Wood movie. He only made one movie that's relevant.

There is a movie,

Called Ed Wood.

That is unsurprisingly,

about Ed Wood.

Which is why I said,

"watch Ed Wood".

And not,

"Watch an Ed Wood movie".

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

Ed Wood is both a person and a movie.

You could even argue the movie about the person is more well-known than his actual movies!

Edit:

Except for Plan 9. Maybe.

MikeyTsi fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 15, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

cis autodrag posted:

FEMA is radical!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fulchrum posted:

transgenderism

What do you think this word actually means, Fulchrum​? Genuine question here.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Neopie posted:

One quick thing to realize is that some people do still use 'transexual' to refer to themselves, so if you hear someone trans slinging that term around, it's probably chill, but using it for people without knowing if they prefer 'transgender' gets really gross really fast.

ps. Fullcrum: please stop posting.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Somfin posted:

What do you think this word actually means, Fulchrum​? Genuine question here.

I'm going to start a Transgenderist Universalist church. Dutch Reform obviously.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
A state or condition wherein a person's biological gender at birth does not correspond to their true identity. Corresponding identified genders can, but does not necessarily correspond to any binary understanding of gender and could relate to one, multiple or none of currently explored gender identities.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Dear mods, please make replying to Fulchrum a bannable offense and also give me a pony.

Thank you. Amen.

On less annoying topics, we may have hit Peak Zombieanne Conway.

It's a shame that McFadden is the NYT cartoonist since he has always been a talentless, unfunny hack constantly prepared to deploy the most obvious, mom-ready jokes imaginable. Also his art sucks.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeyTsi posted:

Yes. In fact there's a transvestite comedian of no small amount of fame.

I may be misremembering. But I do believe Eddie Izzard had come out as Trans.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You are drunk Fulchrum , go sleep it off.

Here's a cartoon:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

I may be misremembering. But I do believe Eddie Izzard had come out as Trans.
He seems like some variation of genderfluid but IDs as a guy more often than not.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

cis autodrag posted:

"Transgenderism" is not a word dude (outside of focus on the family's website). Being transgender is not a religion or a philosophy. "Transgender" is an adjective in front of words like "person", or "woman", or "man". If you're going to post like crap, at least crap in real words.

Looking "transgenderism" up on the internet, the first result I got was ... the wikipedia article for "Transgender".

quote:

Psychiatrist John F. Oliven of Columbia University coined the term transgender in his 1965 reference work Sexual Hygiene and Pathology, writing that the term which had previously been used, transsexualism, "is misleading; actually, 'transgenderism' is meant, because sexuality is not a major factor in primary transvestism."

And -ism words aren't restricted to religions or philosophies, they're also used notably for conditions; which is where transgenderism fells. Albinism isn't a religion or philosophy, it's the condition of being albino; transgenderism isn't a religion or philosophy, it's the condition of being transgender.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pants Donkey posted:

He seems like some variation of genderfluid but IDs as a guy more often than not.

I think his most recent self identification was as a whole man plus half a woman.

You'd think he'd be fatter.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Since this got missed I am just saying A+ goon memory

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hey, Ted Rall, this one is for you: but... drones!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Wtf :nws: http://i.imgur.com/IqsIDjm.jpg :nws:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Can we add "put fulchrum on your ignore list" to the OP

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

My strategy is to drown him out.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 15, 2017

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Cat Mattress posted:

they're also used notably for conditions; which is where transgenderism fells. Albinism isn't a religion or philosophy, it's the condition of being albino; transgenderism isn't a religion or philosophy, it's the condition of being transgender.

Modern medicine has explicitly abandoned viewing being transgender as a condition, actually. It implies an impairment or abnormaility, which it very much isn't. Unlike with something like albinism, there's not some specific genetic defect which we can specifically identify and diagnose. It is simply who some people are.

I don't mean to harp on, but language is really important here. Our understanding of this area has rapidly advanced in recent years and there are still a ton of resources out there that are simply not with the times. Referring to being a transgender person as "transgenderism" is not something any currently practicing member of WPATH would do and that is basically all you need to know about how legitimate that idea is.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

cis autodrag posted:

Modern medicine has explicitly abandoned viewing being transgender as a condition, actually. It implies an impairment or abnormaility, which it very much isn't. Unlike with something like albinism, there's not some specific genetic defect which we can specifically identify and diagnose. It is simply who some people are.

I don't mean to harp on, but language is really important here. Our understanding of this area has rapidly advanced in recent years and there are still a ton of resources out there that are simply not with the times. Referring to being a transgender person as "transgenderism" is not something any currently practicing member of WPATH would do and that is basically all you need to know about how legitimate that idea is.

http://www.wpath.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=1351&pk_association_webpage=4441

Sorry, what was that? Just looking over WPATH's official peer reviewed journal, The International Journal of Transgenderism.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 15, 2017

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fulchrum posted:

http://www.wpath.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=1351&pk_association_webpage=4441

Sorry, what was that? Just looking over WPATH's page on the international journal of transgenderism. And checking out their symposium, where they explicitly say the topics will include, among other things, transgenderism in sports.

notice how I said "current" and those are all from 2002 and earlier? But keep loving that chicken dude.

edit: Hell, WPATH used to be called the Harry Benjamin society and Harry Benjamin Disease is VERY MUCH not a term used for trans people anymore because it was actually just doctors making bad assumptions and linking trans people to an actual developmental disorder.

The MUMPSorceress fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

cis autodrag posted:

notice how I said "current" and those are all from 2002 and earlier? But keep loving that chicken dude.

edit: Hell, WPATH used to be called the Harry Benjamin society and Harry Benjamin Disease is VERY MUCH not a term used for trans people anymore.

I like how you respect WPATH so much while knowing nothing about them. The International Journal of Transgenderism is the official publication of WPATH with the name unchanged, and is being published to this day. Hell, it's the top benefit of membership.

http://www.wpath.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=1358&pk_association_webpage=3945

And not once have they even thought about changing that name.

• Locked thread