Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Well it makes my Comet not look so bad...marginally. I wonder if it would just rip in half if you tried towing it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
anyone need about 20% of a car for close to five grand?

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/6037905138.html

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

winter.mute posted:

anyone need about 20% of a car for close to five grand?

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/6037905138.html

He'll probably get it. That's one of the most desirable of the tri-fives.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Eh, it's a post and not a hardtop. Plus, it's only a 210 (It's either a 210 or a Bel Air, not both and my money is on 210). I mean he will probably get that but it's not that high on the list of desirable Tri-Fives.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Sport coupes are more sought after. Also 210 and Bel Air are never the same car, so unless that frame is from a 210 and the body from a Bel Air the guy is as goofy as his asking price.

Edit: Damnit what that guy said.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Q_res posted:

Eh, it's a post and not a hardtop. Plus, it's only a 210 (It's either a 210 or a Bel Air, not both and my money is on 210). I mean he will probably get that but it's not that high on the list of desirable Tri-Fives.

Elephanthead posted:

Sport coupes are more sought after. Also 210 and Bel Air are never the same car, so unless that frame is from a 210 and the body from a Bel Air the guy is as goofy as his asking price.

Edit: Damnit what that guy said.

For resto projects, youre dead on, but youre forgetting what that shell is going to be used for:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Does it come with a sidekick to change the jets out every time you fuel up?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

My next car needs to come with a box smoker on the hood. I could drive and make lunch, 2 birds 1 stone man.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

keykey posted:

My next car needs to come with a box smoker on the hood. I could drive and make lunch, 2 birds 1 stone man.

Get one of those steam engines that can run on woodchips and cook your food while propelling your car!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
AI:SS four years ago I got a book on exactly that, called "Manifold Destiny." Cooking on your exhaust manifold. Minutes were miles.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Powershift posted:

Get one of those steam engines that can run on woodchips and cook your food while propelling your car!

There was that 'Chicken Cheese' thread that jumped around the forums for a bit, and the best part was the AI Goon with that big Volvo truck that looks like a Unimog who loaded peppercorns into shotgun shells, shot chicken breasts, shredded cheese on a lathe, then wrapped it in foil and pressed it on the engine block of that Volvo truck.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Doccers

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

KakerMix posted:

There was that 'Chicken Cheese' thread that jumped around the forums for a bit, and the best part was the AI Goon with that big Volvo truck that looks like a Unimog who loaded peppercorns into shotgun shells, shot chicken breasts, shredded cheese on a lathe, then wrapped it in foil and pressed it on the engine block of that Volvo truck.
That was a wonderful thread.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

KakerMix posted:

I absolutely had to go look this poo poo up and it definitely delivered :five:

For anyone wanting to see it, here's the post (probably need archives I'm guessing):

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3498320&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=29#post409791801

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

SiliconX posted:

For anyone wanting to see it, here's the post (probably need archives I'm guessing):

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3498320&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=29#post409791801

Holy gently caress

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

SiliconX posted:

Amazing. I remember every minutes of this.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

SiliconX posted:

Yess this is the thread, thanks for not being a lazy rear end like me.

I had forgotten about all the uber-serious GWS posters that fell on their swords to talk poo poo about a fun concept that didn't take itself too seriously.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

scuz posted:

Amazing. I remember every minutes of this.

If I come over will you make me that bread god drat does it look good.

Cat Pancakes
Apr 24, 2012
condition: fair
https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/6000652725.html

Cat Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 17, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

rust free, straight body, all the trim's there except some chrome.

Engine runs well, not included.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Powershift posted:

rust free, straight body, all the trim's there except some chrome.

Engine runs well, not included.

hah holy poo poo

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Is it an automatic? The shifter looks like a manual.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Throatwarbler posted:

Is it an automatic? The shifter looks like a manual.

Looks like an automatic brake pedal. Probably just had a fancy floor shifter/boot that looks like a mantrans shifter.

Body doesn't look too bad besides that one front fender; if it was more like $1800 I'd consider it not too bad of a deal assuming there's nothing unexpected underneath.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
poo poo, I paid 2000 for my first Nova and after some fresh brake parts and a cheap carb rebuild, I dailied the drat thing for a few years.

Hell, mine even had 2 extra doors! :v:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Only the best Novas have the trunk lock prehammered out.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Raluek posted:

assuming there's nothing unexpected underneath.

Like a drivetrain?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/lethbridge/1982-chevrolet-s10-mid-engine-converstion/1225821697?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

quote:

Truck has been stretched 50 inchs and a 355 chev small block has been tucked behind the cab coupled to a stage 2 400 turbo. Custom fuel system, dash, cooling system, exhaust, way to much to list.

Like my other add This is a very serious vehicle 0-60mph 4.7seconds. So serious inquires only. Please call to inquire.
:catstare:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Nothing says "performance" like bench seats.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

not enough ground clearance, needs boat headers

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I was thinking they should have went vertical into stacks

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is serious business so seriously only contact me if you are serious about being serious

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
LOL 35k for an 82 S10

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

"Invested" search never fails

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6048692045.html

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Nothing looks worse than a wide body kit slammed with huge wheel gap. Buy some drat spacers at least.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Those headlights look like they're painted on, Nascar style.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Can't wait to play the ps2 in there!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

I mean I like yellow too but why would you buy something that someone has messed with like that? It's so far from stock that it couldn't possibly line up with someone else's tastes, right?

See? Stock and rad :v:
Picked this up yesterday for my wife, 91 Geo Tracker w/ 36k miles on it.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

KakerMix posted:

I mean I like yellow too but why would you buy something that someone has messed with like that? It's so far from stock that it couldn't possibly line up with someone else's tastes, right?

oh man that's :krad:

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down

KakerMix posted:

I love these so much. Nice score!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That is, indeed, rad. :cool:

I'm curious about the price, if you don't mind hinting at it. It's a 90's geo but in amazing shape and low miles.