Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Dave, in case you don't understand...there's NO middle ground with these fuckers. You're either on their good or bad side and if you gently caress up...
You can text that honcho "Thanks, but no thanks" from a safe distance (preferably outside Seattle city limits).
Also... get Rosie some top-quality kitty food to ease her PTSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

P sure he understands.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Seriously dude, nothing is worth getting messed up with those groups. You've got a chance, go take spyder up on his offer. Seattle has nothing left for you but bad news and lovely weather.

Hell. I'd say move to loving ADELAIDE before working for those guys.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

If you need a place in the neighborhood to stash Rosie for a bit while sorting stuff out, I might be able to help. Can take this to FB for details/references (pretty sure we have a mutual friend or two) if you're interested.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Ferremit posted:

Seriously dude, nothing is worth getting messed up with those groups. You've got a chance, go take spyder up on his offer. Seattle has nothing left for you but bad news and lovely weather.

Hell. I'd say move to loving ADELAIDE before working for those guys.

What's wrong with the place known as RADELAIDE ?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Apart from our industry all fleeing, the economy exploding and the jobless rate going through the roof?

Nothing! :v:

Oh, and our power constantly going out. To the point Elon loving Musk said he'd install enough batteries to stop us having constant blackouts in 100 days or its free.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

I don't understand how so many flaming bladed curveballs keep getting whip pitched at Dave here

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
But mostly Cory Bernardi.

And turns out your beer hates gays.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

stevobob posted:

I don't understand how so many flaming bladed curveballs keep getting whip pitched at Dave here

He's an incredibly lucky dude.

Sadly none of its been good :(

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

:siren: DO NOT WORK FOR A BIKER GANG :siren:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

stevobob posted:

poor circumstances and privation lead to more of the same - the trap/cycle is why generational poverty is a thing and 'bootstraps' is a bourgeois myth.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I mean dave is definitely gonna be better off escaping Seattle

(but philosophically let's not kid ourselves and pretend that all everyone needs is "hard work" to overcome serious institutional, economic, and cultural barriers that work to keep the poor exploited and poor, and the rich comfortable and rich. Institutional change is needed to eliminate these barriers - for example, eating the rich.)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

It's hard to lift yourself up by your bootstraps when someone's garroting you with them.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Uhh "picking yourself up by the bootstraps" is a phrase that originally was meant as the inability to accomplish an impossible task. The fact that people use it to mean "support yourself" is, in itself, loving hilarious.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Yes, unfortunately it's lost most of its original meaning. My point still stands :colbert:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I think computer science kinda muddied the bootstraps water.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Buttstraps

Ferremit posted:

Apart from our industry all fleeing, the economy exploding and the jobless rate going through the roof?

Nothing! :v:

Oh, and our power constantly going out. To the point Elon loving Musk said he'd install enough batteries to stop us having constant blackouts in 100 days or its free.

The modern day Jesus Elon Musk is gonna throw some AA batteries your way? SWEET.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

New RV huh that sounds pretty swee....um I mean NO DAVE DONT DO THIS

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Adiabatic posted:

Uhh "picking yourself up by the bootstraps" is a phrase that originally was meant as the inability to accomplish an impossible task. The fact that people use it to mean "support yourself" is, in itself, loving hilarious.

This is literally one of my favourite things about America.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

"Bootstraps" is now shorthand for mocking the Libertarian idea that what's wrong with poor people is that they're too lazy and that helping them hurts them by encouraging laziness. They do not embrace the term themselves and so it retains its original meaning of "not actually a possible thing to do" while also serving as a useful metaphor for the absurdity of a "hurting you helps you" political ideology.

That understood, only like 80% of 14" problems stem from the exploitative environment he's lived and worked in. The man also has a well-documented and repeatedly self-admitted self-destructive streak that elements of this and previous threads have tended to encourage, due to the tremendous entertainment value. But it's nice to see that the unanimous thrust of the thread these days is for 14" to stay clean, do something fulfilling, and get away from the negative influences in Seattle.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I'd consider the MC depending on how "outlaw" they are. Most of the clubs I know are basically just drinking clubs with a bike problem, but they are all about looking after each other.

If they're full on 1%er meth warlocks then gently caress that. Even if you are just a legit mechanic you can absolutely be done under RICO like that guy who made secret compartments for cars popular with all the drug dealers.

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried
Probably safe to assume that Suburban Dads MC don't wave pistols around while moaning about unreliable assets.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Hmm, I read it like the offer was a separate thing. It's not clear.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ReelBigLizard posted:

Hmm, I read it like the offer was a separate thing. It's not clear.

Dudes are drug runners using 14" as a mule and are 100% aware of and intentionally dropping clues that they do not tolerate even a hint of disloyalty. These are not the techbro dads pretending to be badasses riding their $25k harleys type of deal.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Leperflesh posted:

Dudes are drug runners using 14" as a mule and are 100% aware of and intentionally dropping clues that they do not tolerate even a hint of disloyalty. These are not the techbro dads pretending to be badasses riding their $25k harleys type of deal.

Correct. The demonstration with the pistol was a message for Dave, which I believe he received loud and loving clear.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Leperflesh posted:

"Bootstraps" is now shorthand for mocking the Libertarian idea that what's wrong with poor people is that they're too lazy and that helping them hurts them by encouraging laziness. They do not embrace the term themselves and so it retains its original meaning of "not actually a possible thing to do" while also serving as a useful metaphor for the absurdity of a "hurting you helps you" political ideology.

That understood, only like 80% of 14" problems stem from the exploitative environment he's lived and worked in. The man also has a well-documented and repeatedly self-admitted self-destructive streak that elements of this and previous threads have tended to encourage, due to the tremendous entertainment value. But it's nice to see that the unanimous thrust of the thread these days is for 14" to stay clean, do something fulfilling, and get away from the negative influences in Seattle.

100% agreed. Nicely put.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DICK DICER posted:

I mean I just got a serious offer to be an on the level totally legal fleet service mechanic for an unspecified local motorcycle club somewhere within an hour or two drive of my house. Chapter president admired how strictly I refused to bend my limits and morals, and offered starting pay as "barely enough for smokes, booze, gas, and guns" but also including a new full size on site RV for free room and board, with a full sized shower for mechanics with flexible repair schedules. Among other club perks.

Downsides being the whole I can't stop shaking because there was a moment today when I had a pistol being checked, loaded, and cocked in front of my face while they were smiling and talking about good assets who just couldnt seem to work out

Please don't post anything here about where you're going and consider letting things cool down before moving to a location that offers lots of options for discreet corpse disposal if you are pursued. Ordinarily the place you were working on the truck would be ideal but it's no trouble at all to undetectably waste someone in a place like that.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

stevobob posted:

I was going to say this, but I have the same effect on machinery that he does on legal, respectable lifestyles. I don't understand how I make gas pumps lock up and refuse to pump gas (while telling me to start pumping gas or the sale is cancelled) multiple times per month or break relay logic elevators so badly I get stuck in them for 45 minutes by pushing a half dozen buttons, it just seems to happen. Dave accidentally burns jeeps to the ground and gets pressganged by biker gangs instead.

I've not made the jump and sworn off electronic devices forever to become Amish, since I'm, well, an electrical engineer and it'd affect my career negatively, but Dave can go to places that don't have crazy people and biker gangs and still have work.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

kastein posted:

but Dave can go to places that don't have crazy people and biker gangs and still have work.

i.e. Run Dave, Run.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It's cool guys I decided to get out of wrenching and pick up a career change.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So what you're saying is you're moving into the RV?

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Steal the RV.

do not steal the RV

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

why are you not wearing shoes

do you want to get hot chicken fryin' oil on your bare feet

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

DICK DICER posted:

It's cool guys I decided to get out of wrenching and pick up a career change.

What kind of bike is in the background? It's got disc brakes and all kinds of fancy stuff.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
you could get a food truck and that would retain the true spirit of 14

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

mod saas posted:

you could get a food truck and that would retain the true spirit of 14

Setting trucks on fire?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
For the first time in nearly 5 days, I get to sleep at home tonight. I get to see rosie for longer than it takes to check food water and litter, and I get to actually sleep in. Or sleep, really. The bike is a friends, I drove there after I sent the final message of me 'quitting' now that the dangers around 'if I stay' finally outweigh the risks of 'what if I leave?'

Today was spent closing and bricking over the doors I had found myself marched through over the past few weeks. I am afraid for my safety, I can NOT have any police involved because for the love of loving god if any of you meatpimp me again I have a legitimate chance of simply dissapearing for good and I loving swear that is in no way at all a joke.

AI bail my rear end out yet again fund offer people. Don't give me a loving dime in cash paypal or other forms of financial assistance until I first take care of my god drat truck trip obligations I still consider open and valid, followed by until I can guarantee I'm out clean for good, and lastly when I can allow myself to be trusted in possession with money from someone else and know it will go where it should

That's the best way to help me right now. Sit back and trust that I'm doing the right thing

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Take Rosie and get somewhere safe dude. We don't need to know where if you're concerned about that. My offer of some bucks is open, please consider it if it means the difference between eating and not eating. Especially consider it if it means food or other necessities for your cat.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Full honesty I can't trust myself to actually follow through on that right now with how many places I know now I can walk up unannounced and be served then and there. I need some detox time and serious effort into a personal inventory clean up before that happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Let us know what you need, you've seen yourself out of dark poo poo before so I believe you can take care of it but there's people willing to lend a hand. If you need a place to leave stuff or money to buy a ticket out of town or whatever just say so. I've got a few bucks and some garage space open if it helps

• Locked thread