Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lollontee posted:

Well, give the man a 10+ for tenacity. Hell, if I didn't despise every part of his politics, ethnicity and public persona, I might evebn vote for him.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

So what kind of parliament would Macron have to work with? I'm going to assume that his own party's not really going to win much in the way of seats, so is the expectation that he would form a government on the basis of PS/LR legislative co-operation?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Hey it might be OK, he might just mean a white male.

Its that time
Nov 8, 2011
My girlfriend received this email from her Outre-mer representative.

quote:

Hold-up sur le droit de vote des Français de l’étranger

La Fédération les Républicains des Français de l’étranger est profondément choquée par l’annonce brutale du gouvernement de la suppression du vote électronique aux prochaines élections législatives pour les Français établis hors de France.

A moins de trois mois des élections législatives, cette décision indigne parachève l’acharnement aveugle contre les 2,5 millions de Français de l’étranger mené par une gauche, aujourd’hui à l’agonie.

En 2012, le vote électronique avait été un succès et ce, plus particulièrement dans des circonscriptions si vastes qu’il n’était pas possible matériellement de se rendre à l’urne.

Cinq années après, malgré les incroyables avancées technologiques et les systèmes toujours plus fiables en matière de sécurité, on déguise un hold-up sur le droit de vote des Français de l’étranger en prétendue cybermenace.

La Fédération les Républicains des Français de l’étranger voit dans ce renoncement incompréhensible une incapacité du ministère des affaires étrangères, feinte ou réelle, à s’adapter à ce qui se pratique aujourd’hui dans de nombreux pays à travers le monde.

La Fédération y voit une nouvelle attaque, non cyber cette fois, contre les Français de l’étranger.

Elle dénonce surtout une magouille électorale dont on devine aisément à qui le profit est destiné.

La Fédération les Républicains des Français de l’étranger s’associe pleinement à l’initiative, prise par François FILLON, de mettre en place, dès son élection, un vote électronique généralisé pour tous les Français de l’étranger.

Christophe-André FRASSA
Sénateur représentant les Français établis hors de France
Secrétaire national des Républicains chargé des Français de l’étranger

TLDR: Suppression of the electronic vote is not only totally unfounded, but a conspiracy that benefits someone-who's-easy-to-guess. It's an attack against French people oversea. Vote FILLON because who cares about the rest when you too can be a single issue voter? QUICK SOMEONE DOUSE THIS TIRE FIRE!

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

YF-23 posted:

So what kind of parliament would Macron have to work with? I'm going to assume that his own party's not really going to win much in the way of seats, so is the expectation that he would form a government on the basis of PS/LR legislative co-operation?

Ah yes. A grand coalition lead by a neoliberal narcissist. What could possibly go wrong.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Celexi posted:

Also, is France trying really hard to get le pen elected? why the gently caress is someone being indicted even running for president? are they trying to do a hillary clinton but worse?

Fillon is a piece of poo poo who has promised to sabotage the country if he's elected; he's also a Kremlin stooge and a professional embezzler. Hillary Clinton, for all her fault, is a saint compared to him.

Sadly it looks like we'll end with Macron president. However, that's what polls say, and polls are not something I'm going to blindly believe. I'd rather have Hamon in the Elysee, but as long as it's neither Le Pen nor Fillon I'll be relieved if not happy.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Signatures up date
Rank Name Signatures #(+LAST GAIN)
500 yet:
#1 François Fillon 2953(+842)
#2 Benoît Hamon 1717(+400)
#3 Emmanuel Macron 1548'(+282)
#4 Nicolas Dupont-Aignan 672(+42)
#5 Jean-Luc Mélenchon 666(+243)
#6 Nathalie Arthaud 623 (+30)
#7 Marine Le Pen 618(+41)
#8 François Asselineau 569(+45)
Not at 500 yet:
9 Jacques Cheminade 469(+72)
10 Jean Lassalle 453(+164)
11 Philippe Poutou 352(+112)
12 Alain Juppé 312(+14)
13 Rama Yade 217(+66)
14 Alexandre Jardin 107(+43)

Son of a movie writer, Prix Femina(basically the Prix Goncourt equivalent but with an all female Jury) winner at 33, Science Po graduate, Writer, movie Director, Citizen, Alexandre is a nice & successful guy from a famous Parisian family that's horribly hard to hate, despite his ease to succeed at everything he loving do. So to tarnish his perfect image of "too good to be true" in order to look actually human(aka horrible like us all), he decided to try politic(you see it's literally family's history). Of course he is going to dissolve his party after the election and go back to writing, but still he is doing that poo poo so well, he may as well write a book on ethic while doing it, the loving nice bastard. He is so nice and actually smart he joined the Macron supporter crew a few month back and quited it soon after because, i quote, "he is just exactly like the other politician and it's mostly just a good communication campaign and i am candidate because i can", that all you need to know. Imagine younger Terry Pratchett, not yet insanely successful, not yet sick. The worse i can say related to him is that his grand dad was a big wig in Vichy(but was the kind of master grey eminence people needed after war to fight communist and he wasn't stupid enough to fall with Laval, his master, so he came back quick, like it was easy). And that poo poo is here because i am really trying to say/find something bad about the grand child and "his grand dad was a a Magnificent Bastard of legendary class by French standard" is all i can say. In short, his grand dad was half Vetinari and half Little Finger and his nickname was Yellow Dwarf because of course he had a nice nickname! So all hail Yellow Dwarf the third, i guess.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 14, 2017

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

So yeah, Erdogan's continuing to double down.

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/841727191201267712

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Sinteres posted:

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/841727191201267712

SPON had an interview with "the most accurate Turkish pollster" today, who said that Erdogan is bound to lose the referendum by a pretty hefty margin (40% against, 28% in favor, the rest undecided with a tendency to against) http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/tuerkischer-meinungsforscher-ueber-niederlande-krise-alles-nur-show-a-1138649.html

In that case his only chance might be to cancel the referendum all together, because the Fascists are suppressing him

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
LEAKED! Official Agenda for the destruction of Germany

quote:

We had installed hundreds of flat screems for spreading arab messages from the wahabit quran, telling that CHRISTS are low animals which must be slaughtered and that nobody was to spare and that it was Gods will to teach a western woman respecting the god-warriors – endlessly, by infinite loop.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

GaussianCopula posted:

In that case his only chance might be to cancel the referendum all together, because the Fascists are suppressing him
"I lost because Holland wasn't nice" sounds like the most stupid excuse one could bring up.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Toplowtech posted:

"I lost because Holland wasn't nice" sounds like the most stupid excuse one could bring up.

No, he would say "The Eurofascists are suppressing our freedom of speech, which means proud Turks can not vote! We therefore must cancel/delay/suspend the referendum!"

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

GaussianCopula posted:

No, he would say "The Eurofascists are suppressing our freedom of speech, which means proud Turks can not vote! We therefore must cancel/delay/suspend the referendum!"
Erdogan. Making Eurofacism look cool since 2017.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDjRF17Ea3c

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Toplowtech posted:

Good Updates and stuff

Man i would vote for Terry pratchett so hard,and even harder for vetinarii because i wouldnt have to vote ever again.

Brb gonna go read night watch again.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

loving lol if Jean Lassalle gets in and Philippe Poutou does not.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

who the gently caress keeps giving cheminade signatures

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

V. Illych L. posted:

who the gently caress keeps giving cheminade signatures
Remember there are nearly 40k mayors with 1 signature each. So yeah, valid question. Also starting this year, the list is gonna be public. Also it's over in 2 days.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 15, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the same people who gave asselineau his sigs

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Another great headline/google translate winning combination.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Another great headline/google translate winning combination.

It's actually not a Google Translate fuckup, it's an actual headline.

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

Sinteres posted:

I think this guy has lost his loving mind. But if he does lose the vote, I guess he's setting up things for some bullshit conspiracy as to the reason why.

Is there a way to kick a nation out of NATO? While I'm fully aware Turkey is important and all that... this just does not seem worth the effort. Sure he would crawl towards the Russians, but Turkey has seemed more like a conditional partner lately than a proper ally. Lately being since that failed coup, though this guy was an asshat before then. It's just gotten much worse. That I'd ponder the idea that Turkey has become more trouble than it's worth is not something I had expected. But... that goes for a lot of things that have happened in the past year, so...

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Yureina posted:

I think this guy has lost his loving mind. But if he does lose the vote, I guess he's setting up things for some bullshit conspiracy as to the reason why.

Is there a way to kick a nation out of NATO? While I'm fully aware Turkey is important and all that... this just does not seem worth the effort. Sure he would crawl towards the Russians, but Turkey has seemed more like a conditional partner lately than a proper ally. Lately being since that failed coup, though this guy was an asshat before then. It's just gotten much worse. That I'd ponder the idea that Turkey has become more trouble than it's worth is not something I had expected. But... that goes for a lot of things that have happened in the past year, so...

The NATO charter says it is an alliance of democracies. One could argue that Turkey is sliding into a dictatorship. Don't know if that would be reason enough, but I say go for it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't know what you are smoking but the US will absolutely under no realistic circumstance kick Turkey out of NATO.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Andrast posted:

I don't know what you are smoking but the US will absolutely under no realistic circumstance kick Turkey out of NATO.

Exactly. Turkey is a democracy as long as the US and by extension NATO say it is.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

OperaMouse posted:

The NATO charter says it is an alliance of democracies. One could argue that Turkey is sliding into a dictatorship. Don't know if that would be reason enough, but I say go for it.

Portugal was one of the original charter signers and was a literal fascist state with it's own mickey mouse concentration camp in 1949.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress is wrong with the ECJ at the moment?

Big turn for the xenophobic lately with the refugee visa and religious symbol rulings.

OperaMouse posted:

The NATO charter says it is an alliance of democracies.
Yeah but they never meant it, hope that helps.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Electronico6 posted:

Portugal was one of the original charter signers and was a literal fascist state with it's own mickey mouse concentration camp in 1949.

As I recall they didn't kick Greece out during the Regime of the Colonels either.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

jBrereton posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with the ECJ at the moment?

Big turn for the xenophobic lately with the refugee visa and religious symbol rulings.

Refugee visas are clearly something the legislative should decide and not a court and allowing employers to ban religious symbols is just common sense.

Re Nato chat: What would be the advantage of kicking Turkey out? If you want to hurt them, kick them out of the tariffs union and end the EU ascension talks.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GaussianCopula posted:

Refugee visas are clearly something the legislative should decide and not a court and allowing employers to ban religious symbols is just common sense.

No it isn't you weirdo.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

lollontee posted:

No it isn't you weirdo.

Dress codes have been a legal thing for forever. The ECJ ruling was pretty clear, you can disallow religious imagery as part of the dress code but then it has to be all religious imagery. If companies should be allowed to limit the freedom of expression of their employeers to the degree that they can today is an entirely different question though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

Dress codes have been a legal thing for forever. The ECJ ruling was pretty clear, you can disallow religious imagery as part of the dress code but then it has to be all religious imagery. If companies should be allowed to limit the freedom of expression of their employeers to the degree they can today is an entirely different question though.

What if my religious imagery is wearing business casual

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

end the EU ascension talks.
The EU talks are basically just stringing Erdogan along, there's absolutely no way Turkey is actually joining the EU under his rule.

Maybe it's that slowly dawning realisation that's causing him to lash out like he has the past couple of months.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Collateral Damage posted:

The EU talks are basically just stringing Erdogan along, there's absolutely no way Turkey is actually joining the EU under his rule.

Maybe it's that slowly dawning realisation that's causing him to lash out like he has the past couple of months.

It's more about the money Turkey gets as part of IPA II and less about Turkey actually joining the EU.

Andrast posted:

There would be no problem with that.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Andrast posted:

Materialism and greed being the new default religions???? You may be on something there.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

There would be no problem with that.
Okay, what if mine is not wearing business casual?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

MiddleOne posted:

Dress codes have been a legal thing for forever. The ECJ ruling was pretty clear, you can disallow religious imagery as part of the dress code but then it has to be all religious imagery. If companies should be allowed to limit the freedom of expression of their employeers to the degree that they can today is an entirely different question though.

An entirely different question to which the answer, for anybody with any sense, is clearly "no".

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Shibawanko posted:

An entirely different question to which the answer, for anybody with any sense, is clearly "no".

Yeah but on that the legal status currently is 'gently caress the employee' which isn't really the ECJ's fault.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

MiddleOne posted:

Yeah but on that the legal status currently is 'gently caress the employee' which isn't really the ECJ's fault.

These things are won in small battles. If you try to ban dresscode bullshit entirely in one big law, you won't get anywhere. Employers should be denied the right to meddle in their workers' rights at every turn, even if it's not a general legal principle, by winning lawsuits and frustrating their efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
In the abstract I don't oppose companies being allowed to establish a no political/religious dress code if they want, I wouldn't want an employee of mine wearing a swastika pin and not being able to order him to remove it or fire him. As long as it was applied equally around the board it could be somewhat defensible. But lets not be coy here, even if applied equally it's still the same as saying "the law forbids both the rich man and the poor from sleeping under the bridge".
It's never going to applied equally nor was it meant to, it's about muslims in it's inception. If anyone believes this law will be used to order a jew to remove a kippah I have a bridge to sell them. In the meanwhile I'll sit right here, waiting for the first catholic that is told he must wipe his Ash Wednesday cross. It's a really confy chair.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 15, 2017