Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I wouldn't want to wish Square Enix Execs on him, but sure. At least that Final Fantasy would have female characters for more than 10 Minutes. They'd be dressed weird, but Cindy is a thing...

Don't forget the women in the power plant town; where the typical fashion is short-shorts, haltertops and fishing pants that leave the crotch exposed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I wouldn't want to wish Square Enix Execs on him, but sure. At least that Final Fantasy would have female characters for more than 10 Minutes. They'd be dressed weird, but Cindy is a thing...

I wouldn't say that the characters are 'dressed weird', I'd say more that "Yoko Taro wants to jerk off to the characters he puts in his own video games". Which, I mean okay more power to the man and all but that's certainly not 'dressed weird'.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

How would he even see them through the Emil Mask? . The man went on record saying "I really like girls " :shrug:

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't forget the women in the power plant town; where the typical fashion is short-shorts, haltertops and fishing pants that leave the crotch exposed.

tbf that was half-removed power plant working gear.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Power plant town was cool because all the women were in charge.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Lol what is this post

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sexy robots of the future are weaponized feminism.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

How would he even see them through the Emil Mask? . The man went on record saying "I really like girls " :shrug:

I was at the PAX panel where he said that, and watching him have to be helped get on stage it's clear he can't see poo poo out of that thing.

Dude owns.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

fridge corn posted:

Lol what is this post

This post is saying Cindy in FF XV is more stupid than a Gothic Lolita Battle Android

And literal emotionless Androids are better characters than all of FFXVs cast, female or male.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Sakurazuka posted:

Power plant town was cool because all the women were in charge.

:captainpop:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I uh, totally meant to do that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

This post is saying Cindy in FF XV is more stupid than a Gothic Lolita Battle Android

And literal emotionless Androids are better characters than all of FFXVs cast, female or male.

Not while Aranea exists.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Going to have to agree with both of these points, having finished both games.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Not while Aranea exists.

You are right, I like her and her stupid Dragoon Cleavage Armor. Now, if she was a party member instead of Gladiolus, who is insufferable, yeah.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

You are right, I like her and her stupid Dragoon Cleavage Armor. Now, if she was a party member instead of Gladiolus, who is insufferable, yeah.

You don't talk poo poo about my ramen-loving best buddy.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
IIRC the big reason stuff like Nier and Drakengard 3 exist is specifically because some SE exec(maybe even the CEO) likes him a bunch and will fund his games despite never selling all that well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Now that Automata might sell well he'll be in line for head of SE soon.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Hint: they're all bad

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I do like that S-E seems more willing as a publisher to take on more niche titles. I wonder how they continue to make money though with FFXV's development consuming the GDP of a small island nation.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I do like that S-E seems more willing as a publisher to take on more niche titles. I wonder how they continue to make money though with FFXV's development consuming the GDP of a small island nation.

According to them it broke even. But nobody knows if they mean the actual development time of 2 years, or if that includes the 10 years Nomura used up.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holy poo poo I just watched some open world gameplay footage of Automata, that demo was realllly... not representative of the game that I'm watching.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Holy poo poo I just watched some open world gameplay footage of Automata, that demo was realllly... not representative of the game that I'm watching.

Yeah, my roommate picked up the game because he wanted something more straight-forward, linear, and actiony, and wanted to stay away from open-world games.

He hosed up pretty bad.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I was lukewarm on the demo of automata but ended up really liking the full game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Play Nier. Join me in sorrow.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

According to them it broke even. But nobody knows if they mean the actual development time of 2 years, or if that includes the 10 years Nomura used up.

That nothing exists of the original Versus 13 trailer in 15, other than a modified version of Noctis' character design, suggests that very little was actually done before work started in earnest on FF 15 three of four years ago.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I beat both NieRs to 100% but I still haven't gotten Automata yet because of how insane this Q1 2017 release schedule is. It's impossible to handle all these games!

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How have you people had time to finish yakuza and nier and horizon already, Jesus.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I beat both NieRs to 100% but I still haven't gotten Automata yet because of how insane this Q1 2017 release schedule is. It's impossible to handle all these games!

I have that $15 promotion from the PSN store but I want to see if the Steam release of Nier is a little better optimized.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ramagamma posted:

How have you people had time to finish yakuza and nier and horizon already, Jesus.

lol if you think I finish games

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

That nothing exists of the original Versus 13 trailer in 15, other than a modified version of Noctis' character design, suggests that very little was actually done before work started in earnest on FF 15 three of four years ago.

I doubt the character artists and Nomura got paid in Pachislot Balls

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why are my Final Fantasy 15 and Gravity Rush 2 saves 650+mb each when all the others are about 10mb each?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why are my Final Fantasy 15 and Gravity Rush 2 saves 650+mb each when all the others are in the 10-40mb range?

Photos, I think

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I doubt the character artists and Nomura got paid in Pachislot Balls

Yeah, I'm just saying it probably wasn't multiple millions SE were flushing down the drain like some people seem to think.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Don't both of those games have cameras

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Instant Grat posted:

Photos, I think
Photos are all stored with the...photos, right?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Ramagamma posted:

I live in a hyperbolic time chamber

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Photos are all stored with the...photos, right?

Not until you go to share them in FF15, and the camera roll is independent for each save slot IIRC. Gravity Rush dumps them into Captures immediately but also keeps its own record too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lakbay posted:

I live in a hyperbolic time chamber

I want to live there. The passage of time and the rate of video game releases as of late is bullshit.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I haven't played Automata yet but it looks fun so I'll probably try it. Nier as a series is definitively divisive though, more than you would get talking to goons.

drakengard wasn't divisive; it was a bad game with interesting/crazy story elements

nier was divisive because it was a good story wrapped up in a mediocre at best game

automata is still an interesting narrative but it's an actually legit good game this time. I don't think there will be many people on the fence over this one because both parts pick up the slack this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

2Butt is much better than the entire cast of FFXV