Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AkumaHokoru posted:

boobs as of 7:30 eastern are winning

Oh, you right. Guess Japan is awake now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be snark, I wasn't sure from the process you laid out whether you had actually done that step or not.

Whoops. :downs:

I've edited the post to make it clearer in case anyone ever goes looking for the info.

Meanwhile, I should have gone to bed two and a half hours ago but I had to reinstall every Vita game I own and let me tell you how much fun the download list is to use. :suicide:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
That CH survey is a pretty good representation of the current state of video games.

So I found 2 PSN gift cards for 50$, what should I buy?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

perhaps I can interest you in persona 4 golden?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Super No Vacancy posted:

perhaps I can interest you in persona 4 golden?

Oh? Is that a new game? Never heard of it.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lemon-Lime posted:

Since I literally couldn't find a single forum or blog post about this, for future reference:

If you connect your Vita to a PC with Content Manager open, Windows doesn't actually recognise it as a device you can actually browse like an external drive, and attempting to connect via USB results in the Vita disconnecting and immediately reconnecting right as you initiate the connection, preventing it from ever working, you can fix it by doing the following:

1) open Device Manager and check that the Vita is listed as an unrecognised Portable Device. If it isn't (and e.g. is recognised just as a USB Device), right-click > remove, be sure to check the option to uninstall drivers, disconnect the Vita and restart it, then plug it back in. Repeat this process until Device Manager lists it in the right category (Portable Devices, again).

2) right-click the unrecognised Portable Device, select Update Driver, then select "browse my computer for drivers."

3) pick "choose from a list of device drivers."

4) pick Portable Device from the list.

5) you'll have two options: MTP device, and MTP USB device. Pick MTP USB device.

For some reason, all three Windows 10 machines I've tried today tried to install the first option, which fails, leaving the Vita unrecognised as a portable device for the media transfer protocol to work with, which breaks the ability to connect to a PC via USB.

I wish I had thought of that. My vita has been doing the same thing when my memory card got corrupted. Eventually I ended up reformatting my memory card yesterday after over a week of getting nowhere and just said goodbye to backing up save data.

Just tried this now and got my vita connected to my laptop. AAUGH!

Ah well, at least if it happens again i can refer to this.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Meanwhile, I should have gone to bed two and a half hours ago but I had to reinstall every Vita game I own and let me tell you how much fun the download list is to use. :suicide:

Same. :(

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh hey it's this thing, I forgot it even existed and oh man that fps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opLjVzQ-nQ4

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

HGH posted:

Oh hey it's this thing, I forgot it even existed and oh man that fps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opLjVzQ-nQ4

The advertising graphics being at 60FPS makes it worse.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I am at the very least interested in the story for the game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah I'm interested in what Caligula's about but gosh that frame rate mang.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
Any news of an EU release?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I'll buy that, sure.

And then again in a year when it comes to Steam.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The Machine posted:

I'll buy that, sure.

And then again in a year when it comes to Steam.

Same but when the price drops to $5 on PSN sales.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
Is Airship Q actually coming to PS4? Seems the last update on it was all the way back in November 2015. http://gematsu.com/2015/01/airship-q-coming-ps4

I'm asking because I'm interested in getting it, but if it's going to actually show up on PS4 then I'd rather play it on that. Otherwise I'm keen to import this title.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Got the plat for Stranger of sword city revisited, still as easy as most experience, Inc plats.

All in all, it's definitely better than the original. The new classes are a welcome touch, loot is a lot less painful to deal with now that you can get multiple rares and the game is easier but still has some bite to it..

Some of the new mechanics they added really suck rear end though like the curses. They give you infinite items to deal with it but seemingly nothing to prevent it in the first place. It really really sucks when you can't react fast enough to your knights armor being useless and him getting clobbered in the process. I suppose it does discourage mashing triangle through random encounters but ugh. Some people don't like the guard mechanic they added to bosses but I think that's fine. Butterflies are terrible now too, at least before they gave the best xp for effort but now that you can only hit them with elemental weapons they take way too long to deal with for the work. Too bad they show up CONSTANTLY in the post-game dungeons.

I don't regret it at about 20 bucks. At the price it is now, wait for a sale unless you just loved the first one or want to play a dungeon crawler.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
Another question - what the hell is the point of remote play with your PS3 if you can't actually play any of your loving PS3 games on the Vita?

I wanted to chill in bed and play Ni no Kuni dammit

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
PS3 remote play was really really bad, even when a game allowed it.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Another question - what the hell is the point of remote play with your PS3 if you can't actually play any of your loving PS3 games on the Vita?

I wanted to chill in bed and play Ni no Kuni dammit

PS3 was not designed with remote play as an intended feature. They crammed it into slack cycles on a handful of titles at some point because they thought it'd be neat, but for the most part it wasn't worthwhile.

PS4 was designed for remote play from the start.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryWeb/status/841146016623607813

Compile Heart has an RPG they didn't announce last night. Everything else announced was PS4/PSVR last night.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Ray Gigant is getting a physical release for some reason?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Oh neat, I liked this game. I'll pick up a copy.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Toukiden 2 demo is out and apparently there's a reward from transferring your save to the main game when it comes out.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/14/xseed-ken-berry-interview/

quote:

With Marvelous in Japan providing plenty of games to choose from, some games end up going under the radar like Uppers. Do you by chance plan to return to the possibility of Uppers, or is the Vita exclusivity something that isn’t feasible for XSEED?

I mean I do think that we can always go back and check out some of Marvelous’s older IPs that maybe we have passed on before or didn’t get a chance to publish. However, a lot of the time when you do that you need to consider bringing it to another platform which would usually be PC making the most sense.

:rip:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uppers confirmed for Steam

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

tbh the only remaining unconfirmed Vita game I want overseas is SaGa SCARLET GRACE and if that comes I can just put this platform to bed, what with SaGa 2 and Danganronpa V3 coming overseas.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I would love for Saga Grace to come over here too, looks like a very fun game and the art style is pretty neat.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Still waiting on Romancing Saga 2 myself.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
really getting into Steins;Gate and I love having it on the vita.

Is there any noticeable difference between the ps4 and vita release of S;G 0? Aside from price.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

none except the medium you play it on iirc. Vns are the rare case where the vita version is better then the ps4 version since playing a VN on a TV seems weird to me

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Watching a book on TV seems like one of those predictions a futurist would make that just doesn't make any real sense but is FUTURISTIC, like something you'd see in a 60s sci fi movie

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
SG is my first visual novel and it felt at home on a handheld. I just wasnt sure if there was anything I should be aware of before I got it.

Vita it is.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
Oh my god Little Big Planet Vita is basically LBP 2.5 and it's great it's another LBP game and I'm so happy I love it.

How is LBP PSP? If it's even a quarter as good it's a purchase.

edit: Airship Q is also good - it's Terraria with goals, which I like

I AM THE TOILET fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Mar 17, 2017

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
I got Leifthrasir after Jason Oestreicher told me to and it's rad but I am still not sure if the vita is the right platform. Can't argue with 50% off though.

skit herre fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Mar 17, 2017

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Oh my god Little Big Planet Vita is basically LBP 2.5 and it's great it's another LBP game and I'm so happy I love it.

How is LBP PSP? If it's even a quarter as good it's a purchase.

It's fine but I don't think you can download user made levels anymore on the PSP one, I guess it's still worth playing though if you like LBP. Maybe you can find some archived user levels someone put up online somewhere.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/843140229112381440
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/843140985525694464
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/843142327493251073
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/843144653582999552

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Cool! I wonder if the Vita version will have a full English translation built into the cartridge but have no NA/EU release again?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
h*ll yeah, new digimon

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'd rather play as Self Insert Guy again than whoever that is, but more cyber sleuth is always good

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it comes with cyber sleuth packed in? that's pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

mandatory lesbian posted:

h*ll yeah, new digimon