Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Not long now until uncle Dana announces the Conor vs Mayweather fight on Conan. Bruce and Michael are going to share the mic and kiss during and after. Cecil peoples is the ref

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
https://twitter.com/HectorLombard/status/841817427033882624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Extremely Duncan fight incoming.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Let Vitor juice and make him fight all the unlikable fighters in all weight divisions.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

lol just go to Rizin Belforch

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

MacDougall posted:

Kelvin probably won't finish Anderson. Cormier couldn't. Brunson couldn't. Weidman was a lot bigger than Kelvin. Anderson still has a goodish chin imo. He still has good head movement. He is still Anderson Silva fighting a young guy who will have grown up adoring him.

Kelvin should win a fairly wide decision but Anderson is still hypnotic and Kelvin is quite inexperienced. If Anderson can get in his head and lands a few good shots to make Kelvin tentative who knows.

I assume Anderson is fairly good odds in betting?

Belfort landed some good shots against Kelvin and it didn't affect him, one of his strengths is his chin.

I'm sure Kelvin grew up admiring Belfort as well, we saw how that worked out.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
kelvin vs anderson is a cool fight and i think it will be fun. kelvin is aggressive but controlled and that will hopefully draw anderson out a bit more so we get some cool striking action.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Lombard is a shithead coward and only calling out Vitor because he's on a slide. I hope it doesn't happen but if it does I hope Lombard gets hosed up by a dinosaur again

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I want Lombard to get fired, and Vitor also

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[to the baseline of "stand by me"] gently caress off hector, gently caress off hector, gently caress off hector, gently caress off hector

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Bundt Cake posted:

I want Lombard to get fired, and Vitor also

On one hand I agree, but both guys are in a class where leaving the ufc would probably significantly improve their career and bottom lines, so I am OK with them hanging around in the ufc to make no money off sponsorships and be drug tested regularly while losing to increasingly lower-ranked opponents.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Bluedeanie posted:

On one hand I agree, but both guys are in a class where leaving the ufc would probably significantly improve their career and bottom lines, so I am OK with them hanging around in the ufc to make no money off sponsorships and be drug tested regularly while losing to increasingly lower-ranked opponents.

Okay thats a pretty good point but I want lombard to wash out so we can say he washed out of the ufc, not that talented afterall

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[to the baseline of "stand by me"] gently caress off hector, gently caress off hector, gently caress off hector, gently caress off hector

I read that as "Take on Me" and was really having a hard time making that work in my brain hole.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I read that as "Take on Me" and was really having a hard time making that work in my brain hole.

We're testing today
I don't know what
I'm to say I'll say it anyway
Today's another day to find you
Shying away
I'll be coming for your piss, okay?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
imo lombard should be forced to face the twin horrors of drug testing and having to fight dave branch

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Rude_Dude posted:

Kelvin has 11 UFC fights (not including TUF). He is not "quite inexperienced".

drat that is incredible. It seems like just yesterday he was upsetting Urijah "Already the Best Guy in the UFC" Hall in TUF.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Kelvin has had more career pro UFC bouts than Weidman had total pro MMA bouts at the time he fought Silva.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Actually, he has the same UFC record as Weidman - 9-2.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Anderson is going to die in the ring

RIP

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

We're testing today
I don't know what
Shying away

Holy gently caress

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore posted:

Actually, he has the same UFC record as Weidman - 9-2.

you can't read

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Skip My Posts posted:

you can't read

I wasn't contradicting him; I added an additional fact which I found interesting when I looked up the records.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Bluedeanie posted:

We're testing today
I don't know what
Shying away
They took me (they took me)
off TRT (off TRT)
I'll gas out
After minute two

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Ditch posted:

off TRT (off TRT)
I'll gas out
After minute two

The batting average is loving high today, folks.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Javier Mendez on Cain

quote:

He’s been more enjoying time with his wife and he did an airbnb, those rentals that you rent. He’s got one in arizona that he’s fixing up to rent, so he’s been doing that and spending time with his wife and his child. He’s been doing more family stuff. He comes in the gym on a rare occasion, but he’s slowly coming back into it. He’s not jumping on board to do anything, he’s just taking his time. I know that may (13) is something they’re looking at, but realistically cain is not gonna fight on short notice. He’s not gonna fight without an eight-week training camp. So I look at it like if he’s hardly ever coming into the gym now because he has other business things he has to take care of, I don’t see him fighting (soon). I see him fighting two times this year, but I don’t see him fighting in may because of the time frame

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Did Cain break his spine or is it still a mystery?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Did Cain break his spine or is it still a mystery?

there's only two types of cain, cain with a broken spine or cain about to break his spine

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Schrodinger's Spine, if you will

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

there's only two types of cain, cain with a broken spine or cain about to break his spine

Deep-sea spine-free cain ftw

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nierbo posted:

Javier Mendez on Cain

Those rentals you rent as opposed to the rentals you keep forever?

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Those rentals you rent as opposed to the rentals you keep forever?

I think he's saying Cain bought a house to flip it, except that instead of selling he'll retain ownership and generate profit over time via airbnb. I think it's nice that he has something to do since he's evidently never going to fight again.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
He's going to end up a Shogun esque case of 'what could have been?' where, despite having actually had a pretty impressive career, he's also just a collection of unanswered questions.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Regardless of what happens to him I will always love Cain for the look on Brock Lesnar's face after Cain broke it the gently caress open in under a round.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
That was a work.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Ditch posted:

off TRT (off TRT)
I'll gas out
After minute two

:vince:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Belfort landed some good shots against Kelvin and it didn't affect him, one of his strengths is his chin.

I'm sure Kelvin grew up admiring Belfort as well, we saw how that worked out.

I think belfort landed some, but didn't land any clean or flush, maybe one. Kelvin has very underrated head movement and enters and different angles.

He was getting clipped but always as he was moving.

Anderson is extremely accurate but Bisping did show he has a legitimate weakness against someone who'll pressure and throw volume.

I like this fight a lot. If silva gets stopped by Kelvin it'll be hard to argue against him getting an eliminator against Jacare or Romero while Bisping Gsp plays out imo.

Whether or not some guys are over the hill being on a streak that includes

Hendricks
Kennedy
Belfort
Silva

Is pretty tidy.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Nate Diaz is literally all the proof needed to know Conor completely redid the pay scales in MMA. He was making like 30k to show and now he can sit back and wait 5 years for a mcgregor trilogy fight and make 10x more when then fight finally happens then what he would have made taking 10 fights in the interim. Suck it father dog.

Nate the Wait.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

tesilential posted:

Nate Diaz is literally all the proof needed to know Conor completely redid the pay scales in MMA. He was making like 30k to show and now he can sit back and wait 5 years for a mcgregor trilogy fight and make 10x more when then fight finally happens then what he would have made taking 10 fights in the interim. Suck it father dog.

Nate the Wait.

Why are you so hung up on this and why do you think 1 guy getting more famous is proof that the pay scale in MMA is completely different

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Fanboyism aside, I feel like it's a true pick 'em fight. Ghost Silva is still scary in flashes and Gastelum is hyper aggressive.

Or Silva could do his party trick if Gastelum is willing and make it an unwatchable nothing.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Captain Log posted:

Fanboyism aside, I feel like it's a true pick 'em fight. Ghost Silva is still scary in flashes and Gastelum is hyper aggressive.

Aggression does not mean easily countered these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

tesilential posted:

Nate the Wait.

Nate Diaz redid the payscale in MMA for Nate Diaz when he fights Conor McGregor and maybe his next fight after those ones. It changed nothing for anyone else.

• Locked thread