Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just want to get NieR done before Persona 5 is out. I'll visit stuff like Horizon this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

And literal emotionless Androids are better characters than all of FFXVs cast, female or male.

:yeah:

For all the manpower and cash FFXV cost its characters are cardboard compared to 2B and 9S.

I mean, Noctis and his bros are somewhat decent characters, but Id rather be stuck on a road trip with some androids then humans. 9S would pose philosophical questions about humanity while 2B shops for a t-shirt.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I'm still playing The Games of 2016, which was a fantastic year for games, haven't even started on 2017 releases yet :negative:

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I just started nier last night and am really enjoying it so far, but lol at everyone saying how great the voice acting is. conversational dialogue is all over the place and the awkward pauses are driving me mad. it was very obviously recorded with each voice actor in complete isolation from each other - which is not a big deal with good direction making sure it all fits & flows well but this is super awkward. I know nearly all v/a is done like that, but they key is to make it not super obvious that's how it was done.

The game is incredible but my impressions from the first 3 hours is that it's the worst voice acting of 2017 so far, I don't know what you are all smoking. The script is fantastic though and it's not something i'd even be bringing up if it weren't for all the posts about it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cubicle gangster posted:

I just started nier last night and am really enjoying it so far, but lol at everyone saying how great the voice acting is. conversational dialogue is all over the place and the awkward pauses are driving me mad. it was very clearly recorded with each voice actor in complete isolation from each other - which is not a big deal with good direction making sure it all fits & flows well but this is super awkward.

The game is incredible but my impressions from the first 3 hours is that it's the worst voice acting of 2017 so far, i dont know what you are all smoking. The script is fantastic though and it's not something i'd even be bringing up if it weren't for all the posts about it.

You dumbass!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

cubicle gangster posted:

the awkward pauses are driving me mad.

I think this is intentional, but to say more would be major spoilers

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Most of the praise for voice acting was for original Nier.

But Automata's really isn't bad by any stretch.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

cubicle gangster posted:

I just started nier last night and am really enjoying it so far, but lol at everyone saying how great the voice acting is. conversational dialogue is all over the place and the awkward pauses are driving me mad. it was very obviously recorded with each voice actor in complete isolation from each other - which is not a big deal with good direction making sure it all fits & flows well but this is super awkward. I know nearly all v/a is done like that, but they key is to make it not super obvious that's how it was done.

The game is incredible but my impressions from the first 3 hours is that it's the worst voice acting of 2017 so far, I don't know what you are all smoking. The script is fantastic though and it's not something i'd even be bringing up if it weren't for all the posts about it.

I've been playing it in Japanese

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I've also been playing Automata in Japanese and 9S and 2B are pretty great, emotional range and all. I love when 2B or 21O reprimand 9S but they.. Can't help but admire his curiosity.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Lakbay posted:

I think this is intentional, but to say more would be major spoilers

I had suspected... maybe i'm too early to complain. it is a nier game after all!

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

cubicle gangster posted:

You can't say its the worst voice acting of 2017 when we still have Mass Effect Andromeda coming soon.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

cubicle gangster posted:

I had suspected... maybe i'm too early to complain. it is a nier game after all!

You're definitely too early to complain, the voice acting really shines in the third playthrough, imo.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ramagamma posted:

I had to stop myself buying nier this morning, i know nothing about it or its prequel but gently caress a platinum CAG sound great. I just have way way too much to play from now till winter.

Too many games man.

Buy it to support Yoko Taro, who will always make great games that are bad for children.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Buy it for android butt

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Nier Automata was fantastic. I got it from gamefly, expected to play it for a few hours, send it back and go back to BotW, but I played it through to completion. Not saying it's on the same level as BotW, just that it was good enough to keep me entertained.

I feel bad for not purchasing it, there were a lot of unique things I'll probably never experience in another game.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

katkillad2 posted:

I feel bad for not purchasing it, there were a lot of unique things I'll probably never experience in another game.

It's okay I cancelled my gamefly account and bought it since I missed their initial wave of sending out and am impatient so Yoko Taro has my money

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Sexy robots of the future are weaponized feminism.

Yeah that video popped up on my Youtube feed too. :wink:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

precision posted:

Yeah that video popped up on my Youtube feed too. :wink:

When I was looking up tips for a super nintendo game, "Is it okay to masturbate to me?" popped up in my suggestions

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 15, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lakbay posted:

When I was looking up tips for a super nintendo game "Is it okay to masturbate to me?" popped up in my suggestions

Well? What was the answer?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lakbay posted:

When I was looking up tips for a super nintendo game "Is it okay to masturbate to me?" popped up in my suggestions

Never played IIOTMTM, how's the emulation on it?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

exquisite tea posted:

Never played IIOTMTM, how's the emulation on it?

The punctuation and grammar is pretty bad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No PS3 digital version of Nier, it's €40 secondhand in CEX and between 40 and 70 on eBay 😤😤😤😤
For some bizarre reason it's a lot easier and cheaper to get on 360

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No PS3 digital version of Nier, it's €40 secondhand in CEX and between 40 and 70 on eBay 😤😤😤😤

lower demand

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/DennisFarrell/status/842061524952842243

Noice

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
What's a good head set to grab for the ps4?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I can get it new from Amazon for €30.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

You should have bought and played Nier a long time ago, it was around $15.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Liver Disaster posted:

You should have bought and played Nier a long time ago, it was around $15.

But they didn't know. You can get it in Discount Bins in Germany quite often.

Amazon.de also still has it, but for 30 as well.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lakbay posted:

It's okay I cancelled my gamefly account and bought it since I missed their initial wave of sending out and am impatient so Yoko Taro has my money

I have been looking at my empty Gamefly Q where Nier has kept shifting from "Low Availability" to "Medium Availability" to "Available Now" and back again for the past 48 hours. This is probably the worst it has ever been, they shipped Horizon out to me the day before release!

I guess yeah with a service like this, if you miss the initial wave, especially for games that take a long time to complete, you're probably going to have to wait a while

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Hmmm, Doom for 15 euro as the deal of the week. But I just bought the previous deal of the week...

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I was going to gamefly Persona 5 too but I'll probably just buy it at this point since it's a freakishly long game from what I've heard and the non-stop early 2017 deluge of games finally dries up after its release

Also PaRappa the Rapper Remastered is on PSN set for April 4 but there's no sign of Patapon Remastered :argh:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

What's a good head set to grab for the ps4?

I really like the HyperX Cloud series.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Man, I thought Nier: Automata came out less than 2 weeks ago and I would be able to get a discounted price on Amazon. But it seems I cannot.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Man, I thought Nier: Automata came out less than 2 weeks ago and I would be able to get a discounted price on Amazon. But it seems I cannot.

when amazon sells out they contract to a 3rd party and all the prime benefits don't apply anymore since its not sold by amazon. you can't even trade games in until the contract on them is over cause amazon isn't selling it

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's real lame.

It's not even in stock now, so not only do I not get the discount, it doesn't even ship for 3 days.

Well that makes it easy for me to resist buying it.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Snak posted:

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww amazon, i was literally just gonna do it

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

Hmmm, Doom for 15 euro as the deal of the week. But I just bought the previous deal of the week...

I own Doom retail but still got it digital so I don't even need to swap discs. Retail looks awesome with the alternate design on my shelf.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Snak posted:

Check again. It is showing the discount for me. Make sure it is not defaulting to a third part. If it is you need to click on the view other sellers link and find the actual Amazon listing. If you choose it from that list the discount won't show up until you checkout.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hahaha oh my god. If you're a total moron like I am, you might not realise that you can transfer items across characters in Day of the Tentacle by selecting the item in your inventory and using it on the picture of the character...
Instead of going back to the ChronOJohns every single time :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Got the discount on Nier. So I guess I bought it.