Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Giving a poo poo about your regdate for forums cred feels like a really 2007 thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

food court bailiff posted:

The best part is that he holds up his zero probations/bans as a good thing (particularly since I think account transferring is against the rules itself).

Hahahaha oh gently caress, remember when that guy let people remote into one of his computers for a thread and someone logged into SA and he was banned for account sharing?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Heath posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone buy a 2000 regdate? Or any regdate (except maybe one of those ones floating around that has Dec. 31, 1969)

For years you could buy Sept 11 2001 reg dates as a forum add on and I'm sad I never did this.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Scudworth posted:

For years you could buy Sept 11 2001 reg dates as a forum add on and I'm sad I never did this.

Those people are largely mocked for being unimaginative edgelords nowadays so be glad you didn't

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
I remember the stories of Bruiser and the street sweeper from hell.

Also, the guy that posted the complete memoirs of his dad that was in Vietnam, that was an awesome read.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Heath posted:

Giving a poo poo about your regdate for forums cred feels like a really 2007 thing

can confirm :tinfoil:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Oxphocker posted:

I remember the stories of Bruiser and the street sweeper from hell.

Also, the guy that posted the complete memoirs of his dad that was in Vietnam, that was an awesome read.

Bruiser still posted(as CuteJen96) until the end of 2015 when he went a little crazy and got perma-probated for spamming goatse.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Heath posted:

what a 2008 thing to say :rolleyes:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Who is Bruiser?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Remember when regdate was a thing? What a time to be alive.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Heath posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone buy a 2000 regdate? Or any regdate (except maybe one of those ones floating around that has Dec. 31, 1969)

slashdot userids are given out sequentially and some nerds have sold their low# accounts for real money. this was years ago ofc

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Same with steamIDs, ICQ numbers, etc.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

kru posted:

I remember postcount++

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I need Kirk's epic meltdown please.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I need Kirk's epic meltdown please.

You're welcome.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Namaste

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
I laugh out loud whenever I see the Razor logo in a computer store or ad or in someone's house now.

edit - hold the gently caress up that's a Nintendo switch

Scudworth has a new favorite as of 13:38 on Mar 15, 2017

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Bruiser still posted(as CuteJen96) until the end of 2015 when he went a little crazy and got perma-probated for spamming goatse.

Really? Too bad. Those stories were rad as gently caress.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Scudworth posted:

I laugh out loud whenever I see the Razor logo in a computer store or ad or in someone's house now.

edit - hold the gently caress up that's a Nintendo switch

And before that it was an N Gage.

Time is a flat circle.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Sadly the images are long lost, but one classic thread I'm particularly fond of is Hatebaking with GvB

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

Kirk posted:

a man dips his fingers in fetid rear end sweat and smears a line of it on my forehead.

"RAZOR" he murmurs

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

holy poo poo it is a Nintendo switch!

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

holy poo poo it is a Nintendo switch!

:vince:

You're not wrong

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Wait, so Razor made the Switch before nintendo?

Edit: gently caress you guy above me!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

yessssssss

It's like the Poop That Took a Pee, but so much worse. :allears:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The razer meltdown is probably my favorite forums...thing. It's just so good

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
The best things on the forums were during the tv iv thread for battle star galactica, on the season finale where they find the planet, Brock Sampson slowly lost his mind.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

kru posted:

Remember when it was postcount? All those postcount++ banners under everyone's posts...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Sexual Aluminum posted:

The best things on the forums were during the tv iv thread for battle star galactica, on the season finale where they find the planet, Brock Sampson slowly lost his mind.

Didn't something similar happen during the Dexter finale?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I really want to read this (I loved those threads but didn't read the later ones) so I just searched both finale threads and if someone went nuts in them it wasn't him :(

Then I searched the ones earlier where they find the other planet and it still wasn't him.

thread links if anyone is that bored:

finale p1- https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3097078&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
finale p2- https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3101461&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

first earth 1- https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2875129&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
first earth 2- https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3056189&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Nuebot posted:

Didn't something similar happen during the Dexter finale?

I guarantee that all of us in the Dexter thread (RIP) were far past the point of caring to do anything but laugh.

Dexter was a prime example of the law of inverse TVIV thread quality: the worse the show, the better the thread, and vice-versa. Goddamn, those Dexter threads were incredible.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'm pretty sure the Dexter series finale leaks were so outrageous the entire thread was simultaneously dumbfounded and not at all surprised.
Those were fun threads. Lumen going back to her home planet was a quality thread creation.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Scudworth posted:

rip LJuanBobo, who registered on 9/10/2001

he was an alright poster and a good friend :smith:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

George H.W. oval office posted:

I'm pretty sure the Dexter series finale leaks were so outrageous the entire thread was simultaneously dumbfounded and not at all surprised.
Those were fun threads. Lumen going back to her home planet was a quality thread creation.

My favourites from those threads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyM_JjN7yw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TsSHqVd724

Batista waving that foot like it's just some silly goof is great :allears:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

George H.W. oval office posted:

Surprise motherfucker

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

Tale as old as time...

That's the Dear Richard that Lowtax read at the University of Illinois shortly thereafter, when he was lecturing about how the internet makes people angry and stupid, back in 2005 when "stupid internet poo poo causes real life problems" was a rare and poorly documented phenomenon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYrz_1hV0OU&t=320s

polishthunder84
Jul 29, 2014

You feel it too, don't you?

CannonFodder posted:

Tale as old as time...

I’ve never stopped watching you, @fart. And I revel in this moment. Buzzfeed. “LOL”. “win”. “omg”. Is this what you wanted? Ensconcing yourself in irony for years, honing a style, leading a movement, only to emerge for.. Buzzfeed? You pal up with Fogelnest and cast off your ambition? Do you remember where you came from? @robdelaney, the visage and mascot of Weird Twitter, knows not the magic he plays with. Hamming it up for a rag like this is expected from him. He promotes himself reflexively. But you? Shame on me for expecting better.

While you parade around for reddit-tier Buzzfeed, I live life authentically on a dairy in Utah as an apprentice cheesemonger. I make the cheese. Do you know the discipline and precision required to make the cheese? Maybe. Once. When you understood what it meant to be discerning, what it meant to sweat. What it meant to be proud of what you do. To crave achievement. Now, though. “trashy”. “fail”. “wtf”. What happened?

Big ups to turd. and also Wolf Pupy for making the music video of Joey from Friends poking his head through the door, though I can't find it on YouTube at the moment. Would appreciate a link if someone can find it.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3594991

how were these lovebirds "hiding out" before the thread got moved. who found it? could that still happen :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

White Genocide posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3594991

how were these lovebirds "hiding out" before the thread got moved. who found it? could that still happen :stare:

Holy poo poo I read that whole thread and yikes