Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Putty posted:

Maybe I'll make a good youtubers thread a few days from now, see how it goes. As for right now a good youtuber I recommend is Jon Jafari you should check out his stuff!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH8cVLeVHEM

GBS is still 100x better than literally any public forum which is why sometimes I like having discussion in it.

I think you mistype your youtube url.

fixed it for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Bareback Werewolf posted:

loving anime, a scourge upon the human race I tell you.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

join troin

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tired Moritz posted:

I think you mistype your youtube url.

fixed it for you.

I guarantee you Jontron would probably find that pretty funny

EDIT: What the gently caress are all these other channels

how many chucklefucks are there who make videos commenting on the goings on of other chucklefucks

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Link is clearly an Arian ideal, thus 10/10

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Hahahahahaha

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the worst thing is that jontron kept talking about great japan is.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

jbohn trobn bideo gab exbert

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
but is the bird also racist?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Jimmy Hats posted:

I thought GBS was for bullshit which is why we all post good/bad/drad

If I wanted to care about something I'd go to Imp Zone, round up a posse, and together we could ruin good threads and post about our feelings in QCS

Haha clearly you didn't read the thread since we were also talking about ghostbusters and j/o to lady robocop.
I thought you were joking but then there actually are people talking about ghostbusters, I dunno anything about that movie but drat do I want to hire their marketing team.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Putty posted:

but is the bird also racist?

Lizards and birds are basically the same species, and lizards are racist af

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The worst thing about all these youtube people isn't the racism or ignorance, it's their veneration of the N64 as something cool and good. It was poo poo except in a few instances and one of the worst controllers ever designed. PS1 and PC killed it.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I thought you were joking but then there actually are people talking about ghostbusters, I dunno anything about that movie but drat do I want to hire their marketing team.

you got an ip that should be a sure fire license to print money that you want to tank into a giant flop?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

new phone who dis posted:

The worst thing about all these youtube people isn't the racism or ignorance, it's their veneration of the N64 as something cool and good. It was poo poo except in a few instances and one of the worst controllers ever designed. PS1 and PC killed it.
Yeah that awkward era where we went from beautiful 2d games on snes to godawful eye-straining 3d on n64 is best left in the past - I tried playing cool game mischeif makers a few years ago and my eyes were watering and begging me to stop after 30 minutes or so.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
yeah ghostbusters didn't do well at all.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Jacques? Are you loving kidding?

On the real though, why is jon actually doing this lmao. it's hilarious but makes him untouchable for future collab projects and makes all of his sponsors very uncomfortable

I've never seen someone want to work at Target so bad

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Putty posted:

Maybe I'll make a good youtubers thread a few days from now, see how it goes. As for right now a good youtuber I recommend is Jon Jafari you should check out his stuff!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m76z5mgv5_A

You seem pretty passionate about this so I gave it a try for a couple minutes and I feel like I've been trolled pretty hard. The part where he feeds lasagna to the garfield phone was kind of funny especially since I had a garfield phone as a kid but otherwise there's nothing interesting or amusing going on. He's not very likable or entertaining and hiding his punchable face behind a minute of pixel animated intro doesn't really change that.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Yeah that awkward era where we went from beautiful 2d games on snes to godawful eye-straining 3d on n64 is best left in the past - I tried playing cool game mischeif makers a few years ago and my eyes were watering and begging me to stop after 30 minutes or so.

Goldeneye was just the trimmed-down poo poo version of fantastic games I was already playing on PC years before. With way more people in them. Tribes, TF1, etc. The three good titles on N64 were Mario, Zelda, and WCW/NWO Revenge. That's it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
In conclusion,

WatermelonGun posted:

I hope all screeching video game people die, regardless of political background

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

I was being 100% genuine about liking the new ghostbusters better than the old ones. I took my mom to see it and she had a good laffo.

Also saw it in the d-box motion seats so that helps

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Honestly it was a good popcorn movie I don't know why people are getting all up they own rear end about bad movies

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

new phone who dis posted:

Goldeneye was just the trimmed-down poo poo version of fantastic games I was already playing on PC years before. With way more people in them. Tribes, TF1, etc. The three good titles on N64 were Mario, Zelda, and WCW/NWO Revenge. That's it.

Eternal darkness was good

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

unpleasantly turgid posted:

On the real though, why is jon actually doing this lmao. it's hilarious but makes him untouchable for future collab projects and makes all of his sponsors very uncomfortable

Well, if he wanted to test the strength of his brand, this is the way to do it. I think he's been making a relatively consistent "political" point in that there's been an unreasonable wave of people who seem to want to strip everything out of context and broadcast it in a vacuum to defame or delegitimize people who speak politically unpopular or contrary views. That's what he'd talked about in a few out "scandelous" interviews, like the time he was featured on Breitbart and he said...absolutely nothing outlandish at all, beyond reiterating the above statement and making an argument that it's sort of bad that speaking your mind about politics is so dangerous today.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol that gbs is full of nazis who are defending this fat boi alt right weirdo

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Piss de Bundy posted:

lol that gbs is full of nazis who are defending this fat boi alt right weirdo

shut the gently caress up snowflkae

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

gently caress, maybe we're coming at this all wrong--he's just desperately trying to escape the horrible life of being a YouTube star by any means necessary, no matter how appalling.

Good luck and Godspeed Jontron.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

shut the gently caress up snowflkae

gbs isnt your alt right safe space, as much as you want it to be. trump voters aren't welcome here spicy lad.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Youtube guy is racist? Oh yeah? More like dislike/unshare/unsubscribe!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Straight White Shark posted:

You seem pretty passionate about this so I gave it a try for a couple minutes and I feel like I've been trolled pretty hard. The part where he feeds lasagna to the garfield phone was kind of funny especially since I had a garfield phone as a kid but otherwise there's nothing interesting or amusing going on. He's not very likable or entertaining and hiding his punchable face behind a minute of pixel animated intro doesn't really change that.

Saying you don't like the guy because you checked out his stuff and weren't entertained is a respectable opinion and that's fine. Saying you don't like the guy without knowing anything about him is bad and people should stop doing this.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Honestly it was a good popcorn movie I don't know why people are getting all up they own rear end about bad movies

People tend to be upset about reboots if they don't match the original's style or humor, which new Ghostbusters certainly didn't. Reboots don't have to follow these rules, which is why people who like new Ghostbusters would find they like similar tone films rather than old Ghostbusters. Giving Robocop flesh hands though is completely unacceptable.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Original beatles drummer pete best is loving racist as hell - sounds like I'm never listening to hey jude again, or its remixes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
btw punching nazis are good too

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I've been thinking guys, and you know what? Bernie totally would have won.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

When the election happened a lot of people had nervous breakdowns over president trump and predicted the end of the world. Jon made fun of them on twitter and got called all sorts of unfair things. He's admitted he doesn't know poo poo about politics but that didn't stop people from escalating it. Then Breitbart starts looking for a new clickbait piece and some internet celebrity named jontron is getting blasted by the internet left. They do an interview with him which confirms that he's a nazi by the people who were already blowing things out of proportion.

By that point the internet right see the internet left freaking out so they come to Jon's aide and start retweeting him and supporting him. So he starts getting chummy with them which only makes the internet left hate him more. Even though he admitted he doesn't know poo poo about politics Jon gets it in his head that he's been redpilled and thinks he knows what he's talking about so he has a debate with someone I've never heard of.

Now clickbait sites are cashing in on the aftermath, people are tearfully unsubscribing and posting their bottom-of-their-heart-literally-can't-even goodbyes on reddit or tumblr or youtube, people who didn't watch his videos in the first place are super not going to watch his videos now and it's a big deal, and Jon's going to probably make a video clarifying some dumb poo poo he said and nobody's going to give a poo poo in a week and it'll all happen again in a month.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

vermin posted:

When the election happened a lot of people had nervous breakdowns over president trump and predicted the end of the world. Jon made fun of them on twitter and got called all sorts of unfair things. He's admitted he doesn't know poo poo about politics but that didn't stop people from escalating it. Then Breitbart starts looking for a new clickbait piece and some internet celebrity named jontron is getting blasted by the internet left. They do an interview with him which confirms that he's a nazi by the people who were already blowing things out of proportion.

By that point the internet right see the internet left freaking out so they come to Jon's aide and start retweeting him and supporting him. So he starts getting chummy with them which only makes the internet left hate him more. Even though he admitted he doesn't know poo poo about politics Jon gets it in his head that he's been redpilled and thinks he knows what he's talking about so he has a debate with someone I've never heard of.

Now clickbait sites are cashing in on the aftermath, people are tearfully unsubscribing and posting their bottom-of-their-heart-literally-can't-even goodbyes on reddit or tumblr or youtube, people who didn't watch his videos in the first place are super not going to watch his videos now and it's a big deal, and Jon's going to probably make a video clarifying some dumb poo poo he said and nobody's going to give a poo poo in a week and it'll all happen again in a month.

Lol if you read this

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

vermin posted:

imo i think its good people dont watch the fat nazis videos, sometimes u gotta punch a nazi...through ur comp u tor

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i mean jontron is literally partnered with disney, idk why people are like "wooah who is this rando lol who cares"

I mean even if you don't care, it's fun to watch someone commit career suicide.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

i mean jontron is literally partnered with disney, idk why people are like "wooah who is this rando lol who cares"

I mean even if you don't care, it's fun to watch someone commit career suicide.

Hopefully this doesn't affect his box office sales for beauty and the beast

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
loving lol that putty is unironically a jontron fanboy holy poo poo

Best thing to come out of this whole situation

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

loving lol that putty is unironically a jontron fanboy holy poo poo

Best thing to come out of this whole situation

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I'm eagerly awaiting h3h3productions' video where they once again defend the lovely behavior of one of their friends encouraging white supremacy.

For a couple of Jewish people, Ethan and Hila hang around a lot of folks who wouldn't mind seeing them dead.

• Locked thread