Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

who is jontron? well....he was a youtuber superstar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Blue Train posted:

Lol if you read this

i read it, unlike your posting bitch!!!!!

vermin posted:

When the election happened a lot of people had nervous breakdowns over president trump and predicted the end of the world. Jon made fun of them on twitter and got called all sorts of unfair things. He's admitted he doesn't know poo poo about politics but that didn't stop people from escalating it. Then Breitbart starts looking for a new clickbait piece and some internet celebrity named jontron is getting blasted by the internet left. They do an interview with him which confirms that he's a nazi by the people who were already blowing things out of proportion.

By that point the internet right see the internet left freaking out so they come to Jon's aide and start retweeting him and supporting him. So he starts getting chummy with them which only makes the internet left hate him more. Even though he admitted he doesn't know poo poo about politics Jon gets it in his head that he's been redpilled and thinks he knows what he's talking about so he has a debate with someone I've never heard of.

Now clickbait sites are cashing in on the aftermath, people are tearfully unsubscribing and posting their bottom-of-their-heart-literally-can't-even goodbyes on reddit or tumblr or youtube, people who didn't watch his videos in the first place are super not going to watch his videos now and it's a big deal, and Jon's going to probably make a video clarifying some dumb poo poo he said and nobody's going to give a poo poo in a week and it'll all happen again in a month.

As someone who listened to both Sargon livestreams Jon was in, I wouldn't agree 100% that he knows absolutely nothing about politics. He mentions how he used to be a Bernie supporter along with some of his opinions on immigration issues and the like. Think now he's trying to actively be more educated and opinionated for the future.

From other stuff he had said (and not said) though, this might be making a blow to his sponsor relations. Even if worst-case this causes his Youtube channel to come crashing down, he is extremely qualified to get a job in the film or editing industries.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

jontron? more like bonbon cuz hes fat af

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdOgvdbl314

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Jamesman posted:

I'm eagerly awaiting h3h3productions' video where they once again defend the lovely behavior of one of their friends encouraging white supremacy.

For a couple of Jewish people, Ethan and Hila hang around a lot of folks who wouldn't mind seeing them dead.

lmao what the gently caress is this post

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

sugar free jazz posted:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

loving lol that putty is unironically a jontron fanboy holy poo poo

Best thing to come out of this whole situation

uh, ok?

For the record, I value JonTron a lot more than all the other lovely YouTubers due to the actual production values he puts forth. There are very few other Youtubers that deserve a wage for what they do, Pewdiepie and "daily upload" asshats certainly aren't in that category.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

man there sure are a lot of videos game people in this thread

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Jeez I just can't figure out why all these journalists working for 35k a year want so desperately to take down youtubers making shitloads of money.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
That was the second post today where some weirdo I've never seen before tried to dunk me for no reason. Idk how to feel about that.

FuhrerHat posted:

man there sure are a lot of videos game people in this thread

tell us about the midget

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

unpleasantly turgid posted:

lmao what the gently caress is this post

h3h3 are like these youtubers that call out dumb internet poo poo while also being dumb internet poo poo. They're friends with both Pewdiepie and Jontron, and when Pewdiepie was outed for his nazi poo poo, they stepped up to defend him. So I'm just expecting them to do it again for Jon.

And it'll be funny when they do. But in a sad way.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I think Ethan just wanted another excuse to put Pewdiepie in a video thumbnail

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
http://time.com/4701304/jontron-jon-jafari-steve-bonnell-immigration-race-youtube/

Congrats Jon, an article in Time magazine, you've made it!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Did you seriously make a second thread about "some dude on youtube is racist" after I gassed the first one? There are lots of racist people on youtube this isn't news.

GBS BREAKING NEWS: Youtube man YOSHIFUCKER1488 is racist!!!

For all the complaints about "new GBS", threads that are entirely "someone on the internet said something racist" aren't something I miss, personally. Maybe make threads about cool youtube people you actually like instead?

He makes a ton of money and is a lunatic so it is cathartic to watch his fortune burn i don't see what's hard to understand about that. :shrug:

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Putty is JonTron.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I wish I am capable of loving someone so much that I would defend their racist words

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I did Nazi this coming :grin:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Jontron is good and also having strong borders is good.

Just ask Canada.

What's the problem exactly? Who is this Gizmodo guy? What's he written? Would he have any reason to try and use Jontron's popularity to guide views to his mediocre blog bitching about tweets!?

lol you dumb

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I wish I am capable of loving someone so much that I would defend their racist words

they dont love jontron they love racism. so now they are suddenly his biggest fans lmbo

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Putty posted:

For the record, I value JonTron a lot more than all the other lovely YouTubers due to the actual production values he puts forth. There are very few other Youtubers that deserve a wage for what they do, Pewdiepie and "daily upload" asshats certainly aren't in that category.

Leni Riefenstahl also made some dope movies but at the end of the day she was a Nazi collaborator.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

remember when we used to make fun of vidyo game screech men? now they are defended because of gbs pepes

sad!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Guys I bought a new nintendo AMA re: the race war - A youtube man

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tired Moritz posted:

I mean even if you don't care, it's fun to watch someone commit career suicide.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Rainbow Bells posted:

GBS used to mock internet idiots. Now every other post is some loser pretending to be too cool to care. If you can't enjoy laughing at an idiotic, racist, man-child than get the gently caress out if here.

reminder about this good post

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Not trying to defend JonTron but Desiny is no loving different than that idiot. I remember him streaming back in his SC2 days and he used the N-word more than Donald Trump called the media Fake News. I can't find any of the old clips but there are clips of him using the word as an example. And still getting banned because he feels he has a right to say so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnrMh7LE1wc

Long story short both of those clowns are lovely at debates and who loving cares

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Vincent posted:

Leni Riefenstahl also made some dope movies but at the end of the day she was a Nazi collaborator.

I've debated on that whole issue too many times to count.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Professor SJW posted:

reminder about this good post

the only thing i care about is anime and video games based on anime *casually flicks cigarette*

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Katamari Democracy posted:

Not trying to defend JonTron but Desiny is no loving different than that idiot. I remember him streaming back in his SC2 days and he used the N-word more than Donald Trump called the media Fake News. I can't find any of the old clips but there are clips of him using the word as an example. And still getting banned because he feels he has a right to say so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnrMh7LE1wc

Long story short both of those clowns are lovely at debates and who loving cares

is destiny an autistic youtube yell man? then yeah lets make fun of him too

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The only thing I care about is screenshot comparisons between the PC, XBONE and PS4 versions of video games, and also about whether or not certain MtF trans people still have wieners

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Professor SJW posted:

is destiny an autistic youtube yell man? then yeah lets make fun of him too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srr7BGrMgRs

He got loving owned by someone who actually :siren: has an education :siren:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jimmy Hats posted:

The only thing I care about is screenshot comparisons between the PC, XBONE and PS4 versions of video games, and also about whether or not certain MtF trans people still have wieners

What if there are screenshot comparisons of the wiener?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
maybe jon wants to commit suicide via white supremacists

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Not till next gen

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

8 bit scholar is a notoriously bad poster but puttey is like the weird kids who likes video games too much so you change seats

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
can't wait until shkreli's idiot rear end is in prison and he finally falls off

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Rainbow Bells posted:

GBS used to mock internet idiots. Now every other post is some loser pretending to be too cool to care. If you can't enjoy laughing at an idiotic, racist, man-child than get the gently caress out if here.
You've seen one you've seen them all. Believe me, I'm not under the delusion that how uninterested I am in the youtube man makes me cool, I genuinely think it is boring to talk about things you hate. It's like the left version of a lena dunham thread. Whatever history GBS has of posting about stuff they hate, I find it kinda unfortunate. I'm also gonna make fun of this one because it's some obscure youtube man but it still bums me out.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Thirsty Girl posted:

8 bit scholar is a notoriously bad poster but puttey is like the weird kids who likes video games too much so you change seats

lol

Tired Moritz posted:

maybe jon wants to commit suicide via white supremacists

i dont think you do that by agreeing with them

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

You think it was X-Box, but in fact it was Wii

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
well it's not like you specifically have to post in this thread

Professor SJW posted:

i dont think you do that by agreeing with them

idk maybe he wants to empower them and when finally die because he's not even white. very convoluted plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

sugar free jazz posted:

JonboTron
or
JumboJonTron

• Locked thread