Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Skwirl posted:

It's a literally unbelievably bad bill, as in reporters get letters assuming the premium rate jack-ups must be a typo.

It's honestly impressive how bad it is. 7 years of bemoaning Obamacare and the best they can do is this? just lolforever

When fox news is straight up asking politicians questions like "won't this bill be a hard sell because it actually takes from the poor and gives to the rich?" you know your bill is DOA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Can somebody give this lazy rube the bullet points of the proposed bill?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Spatulater bro! posted:

The CBO summary isn't bad

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Clinton 2020: I'm With Her, Also

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

dude it's only 63 pages, that's like 1/5 the size of the ACA, which means it's the best, you don't need to look inside because look at thin the stack of paper is compared to obamacare which has failed and is failing.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
So along with Cameraperson, this is the next movie I'm getting from Netflix, and the next up on my watchlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMqHXHN1b9s

Looks pre' good. Anyone else seen Transpecos?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Okay so insurance will be more expensive and fewer people will have it. Fantastic!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

Okay so insurance will be more expensive and fewer people will have it. Fantastic!

but you'll have tons of choices you can't afford!

A quick example getting tossed around was that a retired 64 year old with a fixed income of 26k/yr pays around 2k a year now, whereas under the new plan that person would pay 14k a year.

e:
https://i.imgur.com/3MnSIqO.mp4

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

morestuff posted:

Republicans control the White House, Congress and most state legislatures, they're already getting away with whatever the courts let them get away with

What I mean by "get away with it" is that Pence or Hillary pulling the same poo poo but nicer would draw nowhere near the amount of scrutiny that Trump has. Just look at libs condemning young people for not voting for Hillary because she was a hawk when Trump ramps up military spending. Hillary doing a bad thing isn't nearly as awful as Trump doing the same bad thing.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
:sever:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

with him

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

K. Waste posted:

So along with Cameraperson, this is the next movie I'm getting from Netflix, and the next up on my watchlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMqHXHN1b9s

Looks pre' good. Anyone else seen Transpecos?

This looks dope, and Clifton Collins Jr. is lowkey one of my favorite actors.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

i like SMG please dont doxx him

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

X-Ray Pecs posted:

What I mean by "get away with it" is that Pence or Hillary pulling the same poo poo but nicer would draw nowhere near the amount of scrutiny that Trump has. Just look at libs condemning young people for not voting for Hillary because she was a hawk when Trump ramps up military spending. Hillary doing a bad thing isn't nearly as awful as Trump doing the same bad thing.

People that share her center-left (center-right) politics go easier on Hillary for obvious reasons but she…seemed pretty scrutinized to me

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

It's honestly impressive how bad it is. 7 years of bemoaning Obamacare and the best they can do is this? just lolforever

When fox news is straight up asking politicians questions like "won't this bill be a hard sell because it actually takes from the poor and gives to the rich?" you know your bill is DOA

It's almost like they just played political theater for 7 years and never actually put any thought into the actual bill beyond their usual bullshit.

morestuff posted:

It probably won't lead to impeachment but the Russia stuff has led to the resignation of Flynn, Sessions recusing himself from the hacking probe, and gives people more of a reason to put Trump's foreign policy under the microscope. So far it seems like the only thing that puts the administration on a real defensive even if it does lead to pundits saying stupid stuff a lot, which they'd do anyway

Yeah, the bemoaning of the Russia stuff is honestly confusing to me because it's seems to be doing actual damage. Like this isn't a "what do they think this will do" situation. It's already done stuff and the Trump administration continues to be ultra cagey about it. He's been in office less than two months and bureaucracy is ultra slow. Give this poo poo time to go through the system before declaring it a lost cause. Hell the ethics committee JUST officially brought up that Trump deleting tweets could be against the law and that came up on his first day. Honestly it's amazing that the Russia stuff has already done as much damage as it's done.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Remember how proud I was of Iris being gentle with her Lamb Chop toy?

Well, apparently when I wasn't looking she attended class at Optimus Prime's school.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
plz don't goatse the thread

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
For those talking about how weird it is that Vargo had those tweets go viral, let's not forget the time he asked Robert Zemeckis why his movies stink and it got reported in EW.

edit: also lol@ Zemeckis responding that Mars Needs Moms is "the best 3d movie since Avatar"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

My name is EMMO,
And don't you, forget it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiKh3YnYEn0

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
You just reminded me of this so I'm making y'all watch it now to share my curse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFVK1cd9P2k

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Imagine being so broken you think it's weird to have pictures.
Even Slavoj hangs his idols above his bed!

:v:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

that guy is right to be upset but not for the right reason

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

wyoming posted:

Imagine being so broken you think it's weird to have pictures.
Even Slavoj hangs his idols above his bed!

:v:

I'd seen this photo before but I hadn't noticed the bust to the left, always good to have a backup

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What kind of CS major doesn't know about Zizek?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The correct solution is to high five her and then stare at the picture instead of her during sex giving it more attention.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
jerk off on it

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

We now live in a world where the POTUS is beefing with Snoop Dogg.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

I feel I could stand Trump just a little more if he didn't feel the need to claim everyone he's dissing is unsuccessful and failing.

Unrelated...ugh
http://www.theroot.com/everything-you-think-you-know-about-the-death-of-mike-b-1793261221
I'm kind of disappointed that I don't feel as disgusted as I think I should because of how expected this is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alhazred posted:

Eminem got investigated by the Secret Service when he rapped about wanting to shoot GWB.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Eminem got investigated by the Secret Service when he rapped about wanting to shoot GWB.

The difference is that Bush had enough dignity to never actually talk about that and, hell, he only talked about the Kanye thing when he left office.

Hell, I'm willing to believe that the Eminem thing is just standard procedure for that type of thing rather than Bush having any hand in it.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Even further back, George H.W. Bush was calling out Ice T on national television, this is nothing new.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

glam rock hamhock posted:

The difference is that Bush had enough dignity to never actually talk about that and, hell, he only talked about the Kanye thing when he left office.

Hell, I'm willing to believe that the Eminem thing is just standard procedure for that type of thing rather than Bush having any hand in it.

It is SOP, that's why Lowtax got a call from the Secret Service once.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Snoop Dogg should challenge Trump to a game of Plinko

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Even further back, George H.W. Bush was calling out Ice T on national television, this is nothing new.

Once again, that's still a different thing as that was more him responding to the an issue of the day that he'd be expected to have an opinion on rather than insulting a guy for dissing him in a music video. It's still dumb but it's more in the category of Obama calling Kanye foolish than what this is.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Obama a bitch for talking about Kanye like that.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

glam rock hamhock posted:

I feel I could stand Trump just a little more if he didn't feel the need to claim everyone he's dissing is unsuccessful and failing.

Unrelated...ugh
http://www.theroot.com/everything-you-think-you-know-about-the-death-of-mike-b-1793261221
I'm kind of disappointed that I don't feel as disgusted as I think I should because of how expected this is.

I mean that's pretty much exactly what I always figured happened

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FishBulb posted:

I mean that's pretty much exactly what I always figured happened

Maybe it's because I also read the court transcripts from when they were deciding whether to charge him but it's still sort of staggering to see him openly contradicting what he said at that time. Like this transcripts (which also included Brown's friend that was with him) painted a much more nuanced picture while this is just "everything you assumed was correct"

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

in happier news, tag yourself

http://deadspin.com/presenting-the-2017-name-of-the-year-bracket-1793264800

I'm Fortunate Sithole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze