Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Cowcaster posted:

lance has a "shield-powered" option at the top of its tree, successor to phase disruptor confirmed

which biotic powers are the must have to just be mentok the shitkicker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Do y'all think that the demo version of ME:A will be the full 50 GB? Because if you're planning on playing it during the 10 hour window please make sure you can even download the thing.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Admiral Ray posted:

Do y'all think that the demo version of ME:A will be the full 50 GB? Because if you're planning on playing it during the 10 hour window please make sure you can even download the thing.

How big is the real version of Battlefield 1? I downloaded the trial yesterday just to make sure my bugged out Origin would do that properly, and it was a full 50 gb.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

A Game of Chess posted:

Also knowing how I play these games I'll probably have to restart at least twice because the face looks weird in the game. :(

Insufficiently weird, I hope you mean. :colbert:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
:woop: Can download today and trial tomorrow? Not bad. I'm dead set on not doing a soldier since I ran that for the ME trilogy. I really hope Bioware moves up the full release to Friday and not next Tuesday.

Also, I don't care about the suspected bad facial animations since my characters will all join the Quarian Supremacist cult and wear face-hiding masks and helmets at all times. :colbert:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Has the PS4 preload happened yet? Do we know when it will? I see that it's started on Origin(I think), not sure if that means the same for the PS4 version?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Soldier doesn't seem to have adrenaline rush in this so what's the point

I'll just go tech probably

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

MoraleHazard posted:

:woop: Can download today and trial tomorrow? Not bad. I'm dead set on not doing a soldier since I ran that for the ME trilogy. I really hope Bioware moves up the full release to Friday and not next Tuesday.

Also, I don't care about the suspected bad facial animations since my characters will all join the Quarian Supremacist cult and wear face-hiding masks and helmets at all times. :colbert:

Can download AND play today.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

MoraleHazard posted:

:woop: Can download today and trial tomorrow? Not bad. I'm dead set on not doing a soldier since I ran that for the ME trilogy.
Vanguard or bust

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

It isn't a 10 hour window, it's just play 10 hours of game time before release

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I look forward to playing as a vanguard in Andromeda multiplayer and never putting a single point into shockwave once again.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Ainsley McTree posted:

wot

What does the soldier have then?

Going into actionhero slowmotion mode with THE HUGEST GUNS was the only point

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

When in doubt, go for explosions. And fire. Or both!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ainsley McTree posted:

Soldier doesn't seem to have adrenaline rush in this

:stare:

Say it ain't so!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Monowhatever posted:

It isn't a 10 hour window, it's just play 10 hours of game time before release

Ah, my mistake.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Zzulu posted:

wot

What does the soldier have then?

Going into actionhero slowmotion mode with THE HUGEST GUNS was the only point

Looks like it has "turbocharge" instead, which behaves more like the MP version of AR; boosts your killin' power (higher rate of fire and reduced ammo usage) but doesn't slow down time. Pass.

Flak Cannon sounds cool but it also appears to have limited ammo so who cares when biotic and tech powers have so much more to offer

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

FunkMonkey posted:

When in doubt, go for explosions. And fire. Or both!
as vanguard, you are the fire

you are the explosions

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It would be cool if multiplayer powers could get added to the Ryders, possibly through strike team integration.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

:stare:

Say it ain't so!

I'm going off of the list that the OP just linked and I don't see it in there, so either they left it out or they done changed the game on us

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-andromeda/Skills_and_Abilities

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
This is a more measured review from the guy that made that Reddit post for people that care about that sort of thing. If anyone wants to see footage for themselves but are worried about spoilers - I've watched pretty much all of the first 5 hours of the game and I promise you you're not going to get spoiled badly about anything important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRA-137jF-4

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Looks to me like all of the time dilation powers have gone away. No Adrenaline Rush, nothing on Charge, nothing in Sniper Rifles or Cloak.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bio347 posted:

Looks to me like all of the time dilation powers from ME3 have gone away. No Adrenaline Rush, nothing on Charge, nothing in Sniper Rifles or Cloak.

is it possible that they're part and parcel of the class archetypes you can pick for passive buffs?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

bio347 posted:

Looks to me like all of the time dilation powers have gone away. No Adrenaline Rush, nothing on Charge, nothing in Sniper Rifles or Cloak.

This might be a Frostbite issue, then. Or a shift in design. Who knows!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Ash1138 posted:

as vanguard, you are the fire

you are the explosions

I'm a hands off kinda guy. Cleaner that way. Also explosions should never be purple, I'm sorry.

Gonna wait to hear what the trial people have to say, but now that multiplayer at least is confirmed to have myriad options for sending people in many directions simultaneously, I return to being cautiously stoked about this.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 15, 2017

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

bio347 posted:

They probably want the classes to behave the same in SP as MP.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

We know that the soldier profile has a passive buff that boosts damage as you kill things in a time frame, but it also ranks up with the profile. It's possible higher ranks have a time dilation effect, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Admiral Ray posted:

I'm going with shift in design, because they're kind of taking a "multiplayer mechanics in singleplayer as much as possible" kind of approach IMO and there's no time dilation in multi for obvious reasons.

edit: ^^^ yeah.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

Animation bad??

Must be frostbite

No slomo??

Maybe....

¨

Frostbite

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

It'll be pretty loving hilarious if multiplayer ends up being a higher focus than the single player for this. Could explain some things.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

was trying to get an answer from googling but haven't found anything.

for early access, it is 10 hours total between single player and multiplayer, right? i can't play my 10 hours of story then play multiplayer for a week?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

cams posted:

was trying to get an answer from googling but haven't found anything.

for early access, it is 10 hours total between single player and multiplayer, right? i can't play my 10 hours of story then play multiplayer for a week?

someone in this thread stated it was the latter, i'll see if i can dig up the post

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
If it's anything like the other trials, it's 10 hours total, not 10 per mode. You can spend it all in one mode if you want, but you only get 10 total.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah, it's been confirmed by devs that its 10 hours total playtime. Divide that between single and multi how you like, but that's what you got. That's how all Origin's trials work, it seems.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yep, i lied, this was the post i was thinking of:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's there and playable. So if you finish your stint in the single player before your time is up you can continue it in MP.

i remembered it saying "once your time is up in single player, you can continue in MP"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gotcha. disapointing, but i am mostly getting the trial to find out if this game will run playably on my old as gently caress pc, so i'll take what i can get.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Cross-Section posted:

Mass Effect Archives: Download some faces, and maybe a soundtrack I guess?

On the soundtrack:
+5 points for a neat blend of orchestral and electronica
-10 for the lack of a Faunts-like credits song

Okay, so, the soundtrack is loving beautiful and gives me huge Star Trek vibes.
The game has that going for it if everything else ends up being poo poo.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does the soundtrack have any spoilers in track names?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Looking at that list some more instead of working and it looks like Warp is gone as a biotic ability. I guess maybe Lance fills that role now? I'm fine with that as long as it looks cool. For as useful as Warp was, it was the boringest-looking actual skill.

Also I'm a little unclear if biotic barriers are going to be an enemy shield type in this one? Looking at the skill descriptions, it doesn't look like any of them are designed to take down enemy barriers. Whereas, the tech skills do specify that they do damage to "armor" and "shields" specifically, I don't see anything comparable that works against "barriers"

could just be lazy description-writing, or maybe there's only shields and armor on enemies now? That would simplify things I guess

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Spacebump posted:

one of the tracks is named "you're gay no matter what choices you make" so yeah

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Spacebump posted:

There's a couple of proper nouns that I have no context for, otherwise no.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Looking at that list some more instead of working and it looks like Warp is gone as a biotic ability. I guess maybe Lance fills that role now? I'm fine with that as long as it looks cool. For as useful as Warp was, it was the boringest-looking actual skill.

Also I'm a little unclear if biotic barriers are going to be an enemy shield type in this one? Looking at the skill descriptions, it doesn't look like any of them are designed to take down enemy barriers. Whereas, the tech skills do specify that they do damage to "armor" and "shields" specifically, I don't see anything comparable that works against "barriers"

could just be lazy description-writing, or maybe there's only shields and armor on enemies now? That would simplify things I guess

I think they're merging shields and barriers together. As none of the biotic powers mention barriers, the biotic passive boosts shields, and you can upgrade some of the powers to work through shields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

one of the tracks is named "you're gay no matter what choices you make" so yeah

I'm kind of relieved there's no risk of screwing myself out of it, to be honest.

HOHOHOHO