Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

Notice us senpai!

They will add a cowboy hat and American flag t-shirt outfit for Gudao/Gudako.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Nah man, Calamity Jane will have a stars and stripes patterned bikini top for her final sprite, since Japan loves doing that.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

They will add a cowboy hat and American flag t-shirt outfit for Gudao/Gudako.

Overlord K posted:

Nah man, Calamity Jane will have a stars and stripes patterned bikini top for her final sprite, since Japan loves doing that.

both incredibly good things

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
More native american heroes like Cochise, Sitting Bull, Tecumseh or Red Cloud. And maybe a buff for Geronimo so he stops sucking.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GudaGuda event rerun. Keep in mind that you can get Oda and her ascension mats for free off of that, so even if you haven't played for a while you should grind it out.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

GudaGuda event rerun. Keep in mind that you can get Oda and her ascension mats for free off of that, so even if you haven't played for a while you should grind it out.

Oda is Nobunaga? Hell yeah, I've been waiting for an AoE archer. Start is wednesday I assume?

Yay, an event! Almost got through Camelot, but I can't wait to do something else instead

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Good god, Okita is coming back too. This is going to cost me all my quartz, isn't it? :ohdear:
I mean, I have two 5* sabers and a fantastic single target saber in Lancelot, but I don't think I'll be able to stop myself

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I should try to get around to finishing Shinjuku I guess.

I'd have finished it already if I didn't keep using underleveled evil Servants instead of my main teams.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Yay! Rie Kugimiya!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The best taunt CE, i need more of those...

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wuxi posted:

Good god, Okita is coming back too. This is going to cost me all my quartz, isn't it? :ohdear:
I mean, I have two 5* sabers and a fantastic single target saber in Lancelot, but I don't think I'll be able to stop myself

Oh jeez, I was going to spend everything on Cu Alter, but that's tempting. I think Okita fills a similar position to Jack, so Cu Alter is probably higher priority (since I don't have any Buster-heavy 5* servants other than Musashi).

edit: Oh wait, she seems more similar to Scathach.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 13, 2017

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Ytlaya posted:

Oh jeez, I was going to spend everything on Cu Alter, but that's tempting. I think Okita fills a similar position to Jack, so Cu Alter is probably higher priority (since I don't have any Buster-heavy 5* servants other than Musashi).

edit: Oh wait, she seems more similar to Scathach.

Okita is basically a Saber Jack, yes. Her main roll is building up crit-stars but she has fantastic NP gain and her NP also has a defense debuff attached to it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She also shits out more damage with her crits than Jack. It's not an uncommon thing to pair them together to amass a horde of crit stars and then go to town with guaranteed 100% on every card.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fate-Apocrypha/Ch-010--Episode--010-Wish?id=349555

New chapter of Apocrypha, but a fair bit of :siren::siren:WARNING:siren::siren: for this one: Astolfo's Master is disgusting towards him by licking him all over so if you're uncomfortable with that poo poo, you can avoid this chapter.

Edited slightly so no one can say that I didn't make a clear warning.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 13, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Compendium posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fate-Apocrypha/Ch-010--Episode--010-Wish?id=349555

New chapter of Apocrypha, but a fair bit of :siren::siren:WARNING:siren::siren: for this one: Astolfo's Master is disgusting towards him by licking him all over so if you're uncomfortable with that poo poo, you can avoid this chapter.

Edited slightly so no one can say that I didn't make a clear warning.

One thing I really like about this chapter that someone in this thread mentioned about the tragedy of Kariya and Lancelot is the incredibly high wisdom of Servants and how as the literal embodiment of heroism they have a certain independence streak. So seeing Astolfo :3: helping out someone just because it's the right thing to do in a very Shirou like way is really nice to see.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, I didn't know much about Apocrypha Servants outside of the TM Wikia entries, in-jokes, bare bones summaries, and FGO, but the manga's been doing a good job at getting the cast and their personalities across well. I've grown to really like Astolfo even more than before.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm happy another event is starting tomorrow; even though it's a re-run I never did it the first time around and it gives some items I really need (mostly pages for Merlin/Waver's skills, dragon scales to finish maxing Mashu's skills, and feathers for...someone, forget who).

Nobunaga seems like one of the better event 4* servants, too.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Ehhh, Nobu's an Anti-Divine servant. I can think of a few that are better at her job but they're in the 5* category. I don't think there are that many divine enemies outside of servants.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Man, didn't get Cu Alter. At least if I had rolled for the Okita one I would have probably gotten some craft essences for the event :mad:

InfinityComplex posted:

Ehhh, Nobu's an Anti-Divine servant. I can think of a few that are better at her job but they're in the 5* category. I don't think there are that many divine enemies outside of servants.

Yeah, but given that servants are a significant portion of threatening boss enemies that's pretty decent.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Having Okita + Guest Okita + Emiya + Oda is like, wow. +360% to points!

I'm so happy right now.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
oh my god I rolled okita

yesssss

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Did they modify this even from the last time? If not, does anyone remember how easy it is to collect everything? Based upon the currently accessible free quests it looks like it'll take ages, but if it's like past events more lucrative quests may unlock over the following days.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Did they modify this even from the last time? If not, does anyone remember how easy it is to collect everything? Based upon the currently accessible free quests it looks like it'll take ages, but if it's like past events more lucrative quests may unlock over the following days.
more quests will be added and there's a gold event you can do once daily that basically forcefeeds you points

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
More quests are going to unlock over the next few days that will make it easier to gain HP and the drops, just chill out and wait. That being said, I'm pretty sure they increased the rate you gain HP since I don't remember it being this easy before.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

More quests are going to unlock over the next few days that will make it easier to gain HP and the drops, just chill out and wait. That being said, I'm pretty sure they increased the rate you gain HP since I don't remember it being this easy before.

yeah they did. you get pots and pans faster too.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Seriously. I only ate, like, an apple or two in order to snag the first Gudao CE real quick before the first gold quest, and now I'm five runs of just the 40AP zerker quest from making Nobu permanent. We'll see if I can get all the way to 1.5 mil, but I'm feeling really confident about getting all the needed bits and bobs from this event, especially with more than two weeks of time total.

... still making me suspicious of a part 2 in the middle of all this.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
FYI all reruns that involve farming have been tagged as "lite" and are drastically easier compared to the original.

The fact it ends at March 31st is a pretty clear indicator they'll have something new come April 1st.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
They're gonna announce Saber Diarmuid, but proceed to ruin my dreams on April 1st

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna get all those cubes.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The prisms seem like they'll be a huge pain to get, but it's two weeks and more so eh.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
One potential april fool thing i can think of is the yellow Jeanne that was mentioned in the valentine ce before.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Could also be Devil Saber since that was a thing in Koha-Ace.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
We're getting 5-star bikini Taiga, the vanguard of summer

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Neco-Ark invasion for April 1st.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i'd kind of just want the april witch from that actually very serious short story they posted for april fools' back in 2011ish.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Unless the remaining grinding quests are substantially better than the current ones, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to finish grinding all the items from this event, even if I exclude stuff like the XP cards. I'm getting about 35-45 of the gold quest item per run of the latest quest, which is decent but not enough to get everything unless I do some serious grinding and use a bunch of gold apples. It's also kinda annoying that they seem to only be releasing each new quest every 2 days, so (I think) we'll only have a few days to grind the best quests. Didn't past events release each subsequent quest without any gap days? The points should be okay at least; I'm at about 400,000 now and I should be able to increase the grinding rate a bit to get all of them by the end.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you aren't supposed to get everything

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think burning 20-30 apples is normal to 100% an event if you lack CE's. I haven't fallen below 90 in several months and I'm back at above 130.

I have Okita already and don't particularly or strongly desire to "NP 5" my SSR's unless I'm making 70k a year.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm hoping we get a lottery style event next, so I can burn some of my apples for skill gems, or maybe a quest event like Kara no Kyoukai. I'm happy I have something to grind besides story quests and xp dailies though and getting NP5 Nobu is easy enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Endorph posted:

you aren't supposed to get everything

In the past several events I could get everything (or at least all the ascendance/skill materials) by just running the quests whenever I had enough AP and maybe using several golden apples. Maybe they were abnormally easy though, since I only started playing again in October.