Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Samurai Sanders posted:

They clearly regard it as the absolute lowest status thing to do...that thing that prevents the human race from extinction.

Their refusal to go extinct did lead to the current political situation however.

We should have listened to the old men of a century ago and faced to bloodshed.

Oh wait they did and they still survived. Goddamn humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

cis autodrag posted:

OK. Political cartoons.

Guy in the last panel still the most punchable face in comic form...

endlessmonotony posted:

Their refusal to go extinct did lead to the current political situation however.

We should have listened to the old men of a century ago and faced to bloodshed.

Oh wait they did and they still survived. Goddamn humanity.

If they're conservatives then they tend to be really good at draft dodging and staying safe in country.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
An old Derf, that's kind of relevant to Conway's latest nuttiness.

don't make me find more old lovely Derfs, Fulchrum. I'll do it man.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Manuel Calavera posted:

An old Derf, that's kind of relevant to Conway's latest nuttiness.

don't make me find more old lovely Derfs, Fulchrum. I'll do it man.

1994. WordPerfect. That's the good poo poo. (blasts Pisces Iscariot)

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

...goddamn Poe's Law. I can't tell if the artist thinks this is bad or pretty awesome. Because it's pretty awesome, but the wig's a bit much.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Neodoomium posted:

I have never once noticed or cared who the speaker of the house was in Michigan, and yet Allie has obsessed over Illinois' speaker as if he's been the loving emperor all this time.

Madigan is disproportionately powerful for the head of the lower state legislative house, possibly more powerful than the governor. If you're an Illinois Republican, he's definitely the primary enemy. Hell, if you're an Illinois progressive who isn't falling back on him as the defense against a Republican governor, he's a main adversary, but here we are.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

LaserShark posted:

...goddamn Poe's Law. I can't tell if the artist thinks this is bad or pretty awesome. Because it's pretty awesome, but the wig's a bit much.

It's well presented and the line is funny as parody...

But the tacked-on R to LGBTQ feels like a cranky old man raising his hands and saying "How much longer will this acronym GET?!"

A... problematic comic?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
It's from the revent run of prez, which is fairly progressive iirc

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

A quick Danish one. The Danish minister for intergration, Inger Střjberg, posted this picture on facebook celebrating 50 regulations/laws (I'm not too sure actually) making it harder to enter/stay in Denmark if you're foreign:

Link to post: https://www.facebook.com/IngerStojberg/photos/a.276535912386133.68727.207401585966233/1397458950293818/

The leading urban/leftish but not really/latte-sipping newspaper published this toon (artist: Philip Ytournel):

The text says "no arms - no cake", which is a fairly common expression in Danish meaning "if you want something, you have to make an effort to get it"

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

LaserShark posted:

That's from the 2015 reboot of Prez and in context it's actually pretty good

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

BonHair posted:

The text says "no arms - no cake", which is a fairly common expression in Danish meaning "if you want something, you have to make an effort to get it"

Lol, Denmark ableist as hell.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
If Ramirez was alive at the same time as Louis D. Brandeis he would be mocking the concept of a judicially-created penumbral right to privacy.

And if Ramirez was writing a year ago this cartoon would be ten times as vitriolic.

Go gently caress yourself, Mikey boy.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Is this the first time he's actually depicted the LSW (Long Suffering Wife)?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

Rachel Maddow and her Trump tax return debacle proves Trump paid 2005 Taxes at rate of 25%, Obama 19% and Bernie Sanders at 13%

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Heh yeah, that one year of tax returns sure does refute everything.

Yup

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

OldTennisCourt posted:

Yup

Was that even a year anyone cared about?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Wait, I thought Trump said not paying taxes made him smart. Is Ben Garrison saying Trump is actually dumb? Dumber than Obama, even!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

I would actually look forward to Garrison comics if this would be his new Trump. Maybe a different message on the paper each time?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

It's obscene that Sanders only pays 13% on his hundreds of millions of dollars.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

OldTennisCourt posted:

Yup
Maddow did hype this as some big scoop. She opened herself up to this, really.

Now comparing his tax rate to Obama's and Sanders' is pretty disingenuous, since I doubt either of them made anything close to ~$150 mil.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Haha she sure did end up lookin' like a fool what with how she revealed it live and hadn't ever looked at it before and hyped it up as a big big event EXACTLY like Geraldo did with Al Capone's vault!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Johnny Walker posted:

Maddow did hype this as some big scoop. She opened herself up to this, really.

Now comparing his tax rate to Obama's and Sanders' is pretty disingenuous, since I doubt either of them made anything close to ~$150 mil.

She tweeted about it a couple times an hour or two before the show aired which seems more like promotion than hype to me.

To be fair, the show before Maddow on MSNBC hyped it up quite a bit but that's just what cable news does when they get an exclusive and can't really be blamed on her.

The worst part was the guy who was sent the returns saying "yeah, there is a good chance trump himself sent these since they just showed up in my mailbox." Then a super quick White House response and don jr bragging about it on twitter would seem to point to this being true.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Internet Webguy posted:

The worst part was the guy who was sent the returns saying "yeah, there is a good chance trump himself sent these since they just showed up in my mailbox." Then a super quick White House response and don jr bragging about it on twitter would seem to point to this being true.

If so I hope Trump vows to sue whoever leaked them and ends up suing himself.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BarbarianElephant posted:

If so I hope Trump vows to sue whoever leaked them and ends up suing himself.

Like he'd actually do it in that case. He'd definitely bamboozle.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Was that even a year anyone cared about?

Hot scoop! Video of OJ Simpson treating his wife to a nice anniversary dinner from 1991!

Cartoons:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

BonHair posted:

Basically the same thing exists in French ("pas de bras, pas de chocolat") but it's a joke about unfairness, not something about how kids are expected to make the effort of growing arms.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Donkey sees elephant traveling, says it's a foul, then ref calls the foul. This is supposed to be offensive somehow.

McKee I don't know poo poo about balls but I can still tell you illustrated the elephant committing a foul.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Nice to see Trump caricatures staying accurate.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Rebel Blob posted:

All you need is to do is bend down the index finger with photoshop and it's perfect.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Fulchrum posted:

He was so hopeful that Trump would be able to not poo poo his pants for 2 weeks.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rebel Blob posted:

The rare Cheeto Mind Meld

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A feature just went up on the Nib with cartoons from 5 Jewish cartoonists regarding the use of Nazi imagery in Trump's America.

First up is thread favorite Matt Lubchansky:

Lisa Rosalie Eisenberg:

Leela Corman:

Eli Valley:

Sarah Glidden:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Basically the same thing exists in French ("pas de bras, pas de chocolat") but it's a joke about unfairness, not something about how kids are expected to make the effort of growing arms.

Which tells you a lot about the danish way of thinking.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

you're the media mckee you idiot

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Which tells you a lot about the danish way of thinking.

To be fair, it might be the same in Danish, I mostly hear it from my girlfriends bootstrapping family, used in very literal ways to mock her short arms.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

This cartoon is the one, out of the decades of his work, that the Australian chose to run today as The Best of Bill Leak:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Trapezium Dave posted:

This cartoon is the one, out of the decades of his work, that the Australian chose to run today as The Best of Bill Leak:

what a great loss

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Dig him up and drive another stake through his heart just to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May and forging Brexit consensus – Theresa May stressed that she didn’t want to see any ‘constitutional gameplaying’ with the future of the United Kingdom"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on...Muirfield Golf Club allowing female members

• Locked thread