Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

When will the bullying stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

all is forgiven if he posts his butt

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Whoa, moving a bit fast here. Can the thread buy me dinner first?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm tired of the grade school ahegao

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's not my favorite thing about saikawa but i wouldn't describe it as ahegao, to me it's more like her wrinkled brows and mouth make it seem like an expression a pervy 70yo would use. like that upper lip in particular feels like you only see it on toothless old dudes

comparatively all this is much cuter and softer.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it just looks realll bad in that tweet, and as a still image it hangs around longer than it's usually on-screen in the show.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like it in this scene

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's less obnoxious without being blown up onto your screen in 1080p it's true. gag works better like this or last week's ep when kanna licked her and you had to frame-by-frame to catch her initial reaction.

reminds me of amanchu faces going from chibi faces in the smaller panels of a manga page, to often blown up to fullscreen in the anime. i liked the amanchu faces a lot though. but there's a definite disconnect between the 'reaction face' comedy of manga and its adaptions. dagashi kashi is another good example.

efb

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I think Saikawa's faces are funny. I apologize for a bad screenshot and accidentally starting a discussion on whether the child is making an ahegao face or not

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Space Flower posted:

it's less obnoxious without being blown up onto your screen in 1080p it's true. gag works better like this or last week's ep when kanna licked her and you had to frame-by-frame to catch her initial reaction.

reminds me of amanchu faces going from chibi faces in the smaller panels of a manga page, to often blown up to fullscreen in the anime. i liked the amanchu faces a lot though. but there's a definite disconnect between the 'reaction face' comedy of manga and its adaptions. dagashi kashi is another good example.

efb

i like all of these things so idk

i am the one person who liked the dagashi anime

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
no need to apologize for talking points in a good show

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

amanchu/aria faces are good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I think Saikawa's faces are funny. I apologize for a bad screenshot and accidentally starting a discussion on whether the child is making an ahegao face or not

Space Flower posted:

no need to apologize for talking points in a good show

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

Get in line buddy.

(Though I never finished it, lol)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i like it in this scene

Needs more Elma.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
elma had a lot of good moments and idr if she had a fang in the manga but she's got it in this ep. very cute.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Motto posted:

amanchu/aria faces are good

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

i like all of these things so idk

I liked it too

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I like dagashi manga but the anime was extremely slow paced in comparison and so I dropped it

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3:

Pretty, also cute pack-cat

It feels like Snatti makes a lot of pieces like this and I like them

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

finally someone said it

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Streaming the first two eps of Madoka in about 45 mins!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
im twenty pages into this, and i have to start over every page and read it again left to right. also this is the best thing dan kim's done

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver
Just came back from watching A Silent Voice. KyoAni have done it again I'm a mess I'm crying its so good

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
rip vince slain defeated by sharia law

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

rip vince slain defeated by sharia law

I don't see the link between Sharia law and A Silent Voice.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

owned

Macdoo posted:

Just came back from watching A Silent Voice. KyoAni have done it again I'm a mess I'm crying its so good

gah, I'm owned, by the lack of us distribution

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Macdoo posted:

Jealous. Want it in America.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

himehorns are good. protect

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Watch Anthem of the Heart while waiting for other good movies to be out in English

Do it!!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anthem of the fart bahahahaaha

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
http://toonamifaithful.com/press-release-toonami-celebrates-20-years-of-action/

As part of Toonami's 20 year anniversary, they're showing a new 5-part mini-series by Mamoru Oshii call "Sand Whale and Me", with each episode being approximately 5 minutes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

We're live.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Srice posted:

Watch Anthem of the Heart while waiting for other good movies to be out in English

Do it!!!

Okay

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I tried reading that series and found it increasingly difficult to follow what was going on on any given page.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler posted:

I tried reading that series and found it increasingly difficult to follow what was going on on any given page.

their layout and sense of contrast is really bad for somebody who decided to do the work in really stark black and white with no midtones

also thin, mostlyeven linewidths that muddle it even further

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

im wearing my art critic hat but its a big dunce cap instead

but i still ook better than your man and you know it

• Locked thread