Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Zore posted:

A lot of Bioware companions are literal terrorists or worse tbf.

Like Zaeed, Morinth, Ya Zhen, Thane, Miranda...
Zaeed was cool and I wish he had more speaking lines in ME2. It was fun to take him to random places and have different bad guys immediately recognize him. I think Mordin was probably the worst, morality wise. His immediate need to justify his work on a moral and scientific level made him a pretty interesting dude. Having him onboard while being funded with a controversial and xenophobic organization called for an interesting scenario at least. I wish there was more notoriety with Shepard in 2. People made comments about your bosses and crew of criminals, but it never resulted in anything interesting.

Nazzadan posted:

The Infiltrator's head is photoshopped, right? There's no way it is actually that big.
Lighting makes her neck look half the diameter it actually is.

Phi230 posted:

hey its almost like bioware became a poo poo company with no imagination
Its not just Bioware. I agree though. Alien races are generally too human physically with the whole bipedal thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I'm guessing the March 15th trial start is an american thing? In canada it shows me march 16th.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Martout posted:

and now it's back, origin is such an excellent piece of software!

No argument. After years of flawless use for me, it decided yesterday that it didn't want to download or update files anymore and it took me six hours to find a solution that worked. When it decides to gently caress up, it fucks up bad.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I dunno why people say they look like cats. They look more like salamanders.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

katkillad2 posted:

I only care about the multiplayer, is the multiplayer fun/similar to ME3? How much are the loot boxes?

Haha here we go folks! Just what I told you about.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

eonwe posted:

so origin access starts tomorrow right

It starts in 30 minutes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

M. Night Skymall posted:

It starts in 30 minutes.

neato, well i guess ill dick around with it when i get home

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The more I watch the more I get this sinking feeling

Have you tried unplugging it?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Utnayan posted:

No one is forcing you to buy them, Alex.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kurieg posted:

Yeah. It always annoyed me that she's basically screaming "SMASH THE STAATTEEEE" but she's 100% okay with humans loving over elves at every opportunity because elves suck despite the fact that the people who are in power got to be in power by crawling on the backs of the elvish slave caste.

And that the whole debate about the elvish pantheon basically amounts to her arguing the technicality that they weren't gods therefore they're full of poo poo, despite the fact that they were so ludicrously powerful that the difference was moot, and that there's demonstrable proof that they actually existed.

And thing is, it's not really Sera's fault. I think she's a well written character in that if you take the time to learn her backstory it's very understandable why Sera is the way that she is. The problem is, the way Sera is is Milo Yiannopolous. Sera hates change in any form as long as she has the freedom to do whatever she wants.

There's a funny banter between Sera and Solas where the latter is confused that Sera doesn't actually want to change or accomplish anything.

For another indicator of how badly messed up internally Sera is, it's strongly hinted that she's a loving mage but can't use magic because of the way she is in her head.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

i think for my first playthrough i'm gonna use drack and jaal after that introducing drack video was like "drack misunderstanding jaal, jaal misunderstanding drack"

Hopefully at some point and depending on The Boy Wonder's choices Drack and Jaal get in a legit gently caress you fight to the death and only one can survive.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
Krogan doing krogan things in MP

https://www.twitch.tv/teawrex

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Cythereal posted:

And thing is, it's not really Sera's fault. I think she's a well written character in that if you take the time to learn her backstory it's very understandable why Sera is the way that she is. The problem is, the way Sera is is Milo Yiannopolous. Sera hates change in any form as long as she has the freedom to do whatever she wants.

There's a funny banter between Sera and Solas where the latter is confused that Sera doesn't actually want to change or accomplish anything.

For another indicator of how badly messed up internally Sera is, it's strongly hinted that she's a loving mage but can't use magic because of the way she is in her head.

This is true. The issue is that she never gets over it, and there's no opportunity for you to help her get over it. She's a brick wall with a point of view and you have to placate her in every conversation. That she's a well written brick wall doesn't do much to earn her a spot in the party when Cole and Varric exist.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Utnayan posted:

are you Kyoon?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Ages posted:

This Krogan bloodrage effect is real annoying

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

marshmallow creep posted:

Digging the Insurgent, actually.

why the gently caress they all look like big headed midgets?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kurieg posted:

This is true. The issue is that she never gets over it, and there's no opportunity for you to help her get over it. She's a brick wall with a point of view and you have to placate her in every conversation. That she's a well written brick wall doesn't do much to earn her a spot in the party when Cole and Varric exist.

Yep. I also draw the line at Sera pulling a classic form of emotional abuse on the elven Inquisitor if you try to romance her as such. If there were mods or console commands to manipulate companion influence I'd probably give her romance a try since I think she's not terrible to the Inquisitor personally most of the time if you have the freedom to do the smart things in the story rather than the things Sera likes.

It's just funny, if you play the Inquisitor as a "SMASH THE STATE!" anarchist style, Sera is probably going to leave the Inquisition in disgust.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

"The pacing is really bad, it doesn't give you anything to be invested in." -- Austin (waypoint, on the opening of MEA)

Serf
May 5, 2011

buglord posted:

Its not just Bioware. I agree though. Alien races are generally too human physically with the whole bipedal thing.

My kingdom for an elcor with a ship cannon mounted on their back. Or an hanar with a pistol clutched in every tentacle.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

why the gently caress they all look like big headed midgets?

Bighead mode comes standard, unlike that failed and failing game 007 Goldeneye!

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Ages posted:

That's a good name.

Didn't they say XP is being distributed evenly in MP? I saw all kinds of different numbers at the end of a round there.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

Where are all these Sera lovers coming from??? She is clearly terrible and the most egregious thing coming from the history of life on Earth.

fixed that for you

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I will never step foot in MP.

...on account of sucking hard.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Eastbound Spider posted:

"The pacing is really bad, it doesn't give you anything to be invested in." -- Austin (waypoint, on the opening of MEA)

Giantbomb will have a field day with this pile of poo poo.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

homullus posted:

So wait, there is an alien species that looks like a cat, and it's not the alien species named Kett? :confused:

No, it's the alien species named Angora.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
AH YES THE HUMAN EMOTION KNOWN AS "YAWNING" I SHALL PERFORM IT NOW

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game happens in the mind of the elusive man while he is indoctrinated, thats way everything looks like crap.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yawning is an emotion?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

poo poo, I'm going to have to renew my PS+ to play multiplayer, I assume. I hate having to do that.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

euthanize all gamers

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Guys I have a confession... it's me, I'm the Bioware shill.

They've been paying me to pretend I want to gently caress their gross alien designs.

In reality I have a wife and kids, I'm as vanilla as they come :sigh:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

AH YES THE HUMAN EMOTION KNOWN AS "YAWNING" I SHALL PERFORM IT NOW

ICE
CREAM
HEADACHE

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

I have a wife and kids, I'm as vanilla as they come :sigh:

you disgust me

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Hedrigall posted:

Guys I have a confession... it's me, I'm the Bioware shill.

They've been paying me to pretend I want to gently caress their gross alien designs.

I'm not mad, but I am disappointed.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
access is up, a slim 43.77 gig download

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Hedrigall posted:

hmm yes, checks out for forums poster Hedrigall

cams
Mar 28, 2003

download for trial on pc is 45 gigs, so i assume it downloads the whole thing.

also it's up for download. prepare for this post to get washed out by one of the same 5 people who have the most posts in this thread giving their strong opinions about video games.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
for the purposes of colonization you should only gently caress another human or an asari anyhow

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

for the purposes of colonization you should only gently caress another human or an asari anyhow

Cloning tubes are a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

buglord posted:

Zaeed was cool and I wish he had more speaking lines in ME2. It was fun to take him to random places and have different bad guys immediately recognize him. I think Mordin was probably the worst, morality wise. His immediate need to justify his work on a moral and scientific level made him a pretty interesting dude. Having him onboard while being funded with a controversial and xenophobic organization called for an interesting scenario at least. I wish there was more notoriety with Shepard in 2. People made comments about your bosses and crew of criminals, but it never resulted in anything interesting.

There were lines recorded for a Mordin/Grunt confrontation in the same way that Jack/Miranda and Tali/Legion have conflict scenes, but it was scrapped for whatever reason.