Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Thief posted:

and who knows... it'd be funny if the next defender op is somehow a perfect counter to him. dunno how they would actually do that though, maybe someone that can throw a ghostbusters trap on the floor and suck up a smoke cloud? :iiam:

A waifu with a flaregun that can fire a flare into the room, making the thermal scope completely whited out and blinding enemies (and teammates!) that look directly at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
lol if they add battlefield style tactical lights. another funny thing you could do in that game was shine laser pointers in peoples eyes to harass them even if they were on your team :frogsiren:

as we go down the line, i'm all for them adding a dozen operators that are underpowered but have something quirky and fun about them

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Knives - Champ who only has one hit kill throwing knives.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hard posted:

For the long run cmon man think of the big picture here.

Long run path of least resistance favors both nerfs and buffs, on whoever is the farthest from the pack. But needed nerfs have a sense of urgency about them so they're more likely to happen. That and it usually requires some creativity to pull a guy out if the dumpster.

Is glaz' gun going to get some buffs rolled back with the thermals?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
His recoil got buffed to being casi-none existent quite recently, I guess only time (stats) will tell.

People will adapt. Oh, Glaz is on the other team and theres a poo poo ton of smoke ? I'm not gonna peak. It's not like all other guns went to poo poo in the process. You can still headshot a fool with a handgun from a football field away.

To me it's not really the smoke, it's the fact that he will be able to hold a window no matter how bad the lighting is.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah that's what makes him strong.

Also pistol irons are awful. They have it the worst of what I don't like about irons, that you have to basically cover the entire enemy with the sight to shoot at the head

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hard posted:

it's the fact that he will be able to hold a window no matter how bad the lighting is.

The lighting is rill bad still. Every patch note has 'fixed lighting' and every time I look outside I go 'nope'.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah that's what makes him strong.

Also pistol irons are awful. They have it the worst of what I don't like about irons, that you have to basically cover the entire enemy with the sight to shoot at the head

This is sort of the reason why I want other sights on pistols, cause about half the defaults are not only bad, they're aggressively bad. The PMM is really the only one I actually like the sights for.

That and having a scope on the revolver would be kick rear end for Montagne players.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 15, 2017

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I used to like the red dot sights but now it feels weird. With the triangle sights, do the bullets hit at the top point of the triangle, or the center of the triangle?

Thief posted:

and who knows... it'd be funny if the next defender op is somehow a perfect counter to him. dunno how they would actually do that though, maybe someone that can throw a ghostbusters trap on the floor and suck up a smoke cloud? :iiam:

Air - A girl that puts down electric fans.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

I used to like the red dot sights but now it feels weird. With the triangle sights, do the bullets hit at the top point of the triangle, or the center of the triangle?

Air - A girl that puts down electric fans.

typically, you want to point at people with the tip of whatever.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
The next defender will be a bolt action lady.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Heran Bago posted:

Should be the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE4RQrmGpNU

Here's the real issue: the acog sights are misaligned, so you need to specifically know where the bullet will end up per gun.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Party Plane Jones posted:

Should be the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE4RQrmGpNU

Here's the real issue: the acog sights are misaligned, so you need to specifically know where the bullet will end up per gun.

It's not misaligned. The first bullet goes where the sights is but as you spray the bullet deviation increases as a balance mechanism.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Literally unplayable. :colbert:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I killed two Glazes today by shooting them from an angle they weren't watching. Its not much different than before.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Ice Cube - Defender (with AK) that can supercool Rook vests, making anyone wearing one invisible to Glaz

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Carecat posted:

Yokai might be acceptable now.

Where did you see this change? I don't see any changes to the Yokai.

Edit: Nevermind I'm retarded~

Opinionated fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 16, 2017

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Nickname Pending posted:

I'm actually kind of sad they buffed Glaz now. He seems way too OP. Every match so far today has had a Glaz w/smokes. I felt more satisfied getting a kill with him before, now it's way easier for anyone. Hell, a dude TK'd me for stealing him away.

Yeah I think this is too much. He locks it down any time there's a breach he can use for sightlines. Hibana or a Mira window create huge liabilities.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Uplay servers are mega hosed at the moment, we've gotten disconnected from our group and put in (separately) with a whole group of pubbies 4 times.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I really really pissed some nerd off earlier. He was tossing out slurs and names at me for using "fake poo poo".

I was playing Pulse. We lost the match but he was so upset that it felt like a win to me.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Uplay servers are working as designed at the moment, we've gotten disconnected from our group and put in (separately) with a whole group of pubbies 4 times.

FIFY

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Heran Bago posted:

Confirming what Jones said, it is top. I agree that with the recent reduction, top from middle with the reflex is kinda blurry.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Hard posted:

Confirming what Jones said, it is top. I agree that with the recent reduction, top from middle with the reflex is kinda blurry.

ALL ACOG ERRYTHANG :synpa:

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Please let me attach acogs to my pistols.

Just me, nobody else.

And a thermal scope for my sledgehammer.

lohli fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 16, 2017

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

lohli posted:

Please let me attach acogs to my pistols.

Just me, nobody else.

And a thermal scope for my sledgehammer.

GIMME AN ACOG ON BLITZ'S SHEILD SO I HAVE A RANGE FINDER FOR MY FLASH.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Also I want one of those little arcing line things showing the trajectory of my grenades, and for it to change colour for a predicted hit so I know when to let go of the button to get those sick smoke grenade headshots.

Also give me a scope for my grenades.

Doesn't need to be an acog, holo would be fine, Glaz's flip sight would be neat too!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Can I mount an ACOG on my knife? The melee distance is too hard to judge

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Speaking of knives, why isn't there a throwing knives operator?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Hard, you guys hosed up hit detection with glaz. I have emptied entire clips into non moving people and didn't get a single hit marker today. Pretty much everyone else we play with had the same experience. We tried every region so it is not just servers either. :smith:

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Hard posted:

Hum, Thermite's elite skin is based off American motorcycle cops from a few decates ago.

I think it's his pants plus the current political climate in the United States that's making him look extra :godwin:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

keyframe posted:

Hard, you guys hosed up hit detection with glaz. I have emptied entire clips into non moving people and didn't get a single hit marker today. Pretty much everyone else we play with had the same experience. We tried every region so it is not just servers either. :smith:

Might have to do with this hilarious bug:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Give blitz a shotgun with the flash on as an alternative to the shield.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Rectus posted:

Give blitz a DMR with a flash.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Let blitz one hand an uzi like a total bad rear end. I want to be shooting at planes after a quarter second firing time

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Give Blitz dual-wielded Uzis and speed 3

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Hey Hard, do you know if character speeds are all equal for each category or does each character have a slightly different speed?

For instance does IQ move at the same speed as Ash since they're both speed 3 or is Ash slightly faster even though they're in the same category?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Ash is just played by autists with a purpose because the tiny hitbox.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Rectus posted:

Wrong.

Replace the flash on the shield with a shotgun.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
A shotgun that has bonkers blinding muzzle flare when you shoot it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

A shotgun that has bonkers blinding muzzle flare when you shoot it.
But only if you are less than 3 yards away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

He should have those metal ball gernades from swat4 just on his shield

• Locked thread