Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Cythereal posted:

Cloning tubes are a thing.

then why even send colonists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

exquisite tea posted:

There were lines recording for a Mordin/Grunt confrontation in the same way that Jack/Miranda and Tali/Legion have conflict scenes, but it was scrapped for whatever reason.

Also, Mordin was planned to be biotic. If you modify the game to let Mordin make the biotic field during the Suicide Mission, he not only has dialogue for it he's a successful choice like Samara and Jack.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

then why even send colonists

Because EA said so, that's why.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

AH YES THE HUMAN EMOTION KNOWN AS "YAWNING" I SHALL PERFORM IT NOW

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Downloading the trial right now, 40 GBs.

Does this count as the preload too for the actual game?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

DoctorGonzo posted:

This game happens in the mind of the elusive man while he is indoctrinated, thats way everything looks like crap.

Wow spoilers man

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Srs questn: was the game forums always filled with so many tryhard gimmicks and shitposts or is this a new development in recent times? I don't remember the DA: I thread being so terrible.

marshmallow creep posted:

Has anyone posted the Skills and Abilities page? It doesn't have numbers, but it does list all the evolutions available.
Is it just me or is the lack of Warp really noticeable for the Biotic classes? The only thing they have to deal with armor is a Rank 6 Shockwave specialization.

And we have to combine Pull with Throw in order to do the weaponized enemy thing? I guess that...makes sense...but still.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Rabid Snake posted:

Downloading the trial right now, 40 GBs.

Does this count as the preload too for the actual game?

Specs are 55gb of space so yeah that's probably the whole thing -15gb for future patches/dlc.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Fucker, the PC trial is still just showing "Learn More" and linking to the store page for me.

Do you need to have both EA access and Origin access or something? Are these two different things? I bought origin access and was under the impression that was what you had to do

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

BrianWilly posted:

Is it just me or is the lack of Warp really noticeable for the Biotic classes? The only thing they have to deal with armor is a Rank 6 Shockwave specialization.

And Lance. More to the point, it looks like Bioware's trying to encourage people to dip into multiple trees so the adept's answer to armor is to grab incinerate or omnigrenade or a sniper rifle or something.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Stroop There It Is posted:

hmm yes, checks out for forums poster Hedrigall

D-don't read my post history

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Ainsley McTree posted:

Fucker, the PC trial is still just showing "Learn More" and linking to the store page for me.

Do you need to have both EA access and Origin access or something? Are these two different things? I bought origin access and was under the impression that was what you had to do

click learn more then scroll down a little

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Cythereal posted:

And Lance. More to the point, it looks like Bioware's trying to encourage people to dip into multiple trees so the adept's answer to armor is to grab incinerate or omnigrenade or a sniper rifle or something.
It looks like Lance just has anti-shield, not anti-armor?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

click learn more then scroll down a little

Ok wow I guess you have to click the version of the game that you preordered before the "download trial" button shows up

this is not "deluxe" treatment EA, you will be hearing from my people about this

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I guess people don't give a rats rear end about the game. I was kind of expecting Origin's servers to implode and give poor speeds.

But I'm getting 11.8MB/s.
Oh, and the game apparently lets you start playing at 42%, it has a streaming install ala some other origin games.

Oh boy, time to dissapoint my socks off and get sad at ME becoming bad.

e:And be glad I didn't preorder

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

This would be garbage to play at 42% downloaded right

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Turbl posted:

This would be garbage to play at 42% downloaded right

Usually with other games it means that some textures won't load, but the game itself will function.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what is even up with her boob/armpit situation on the left side of the picture there

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

BrianWilly posted:

Srs questn: was the game forums always filled with so many tryhard gimmicks and shitposts or is this a new development in recent times? I don't remember the DA: I thread being so terrible.

And we have to combine Pull with Throw in order to do the weaponized enemy thing? I guess that...makes sense...but still.

I'm okay with Biotics not being good at everything. It's not like you can't put a gun in your space wizards hand, or anything.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Question about ME1 since I never tried this - on Feros it should be entirely possible to not meet the Exogeni holdouts by driving right on past both times (and ignoring the scientist when she says "STOP THE ROVER" and runs out on the way back.) I'm curious how the game actually handled this, does it take into account that you don't know about a way to knock out the thralls and is there a "who the hell are you people" moment after killing the Thorian?

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I just read through the last 40 pages of this thread in one sitting. I'm pretty sure I have permanent brain damage now.

Well, more brain damage.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Apparently the 10 hours early access might not be 10 hours. It's more that you can play up to a certain point in the game or for 10h, whichever happens first.

E: So nobody playing early access will be able to see things beyond which Bioware has permitted people with press copies to show/talk about.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Groetgaffel posted:

I just read through the last 40 pages of this thread in one sitting. I'm pretty sure I have permanent brain damage now.

Well, more brain damage.

Did you fall for my super awesome viral marketing scheme?!

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Ok wow I guess you have to click the version of the game that you preordered before the "download trial" button shows up

this is not "deluxe" treatment EA, you will be hearing from my people about this

Wait I still don't get it i clicked the version I preordered and it still doesn't say download any thing halp

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

This triggered a fight or flight response in my brain

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Welp, see ya tomorrow I guess.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

DatonKallandor posted:

I'm okay with Biotics not being good at everything. It's not like you can't put a gun in your space wizards hand, or anything.
Well I'd be okay with it in ME2 or 3 'cuz usually any "holes" in your build ought to be filled by your squadmates (:quagmire:) but I'm no longer sure you have particularly fine-tuned control over the powers they're using.

Ah, checking the list again, it seems like Nova can also spec as anti-armor, so that's something else at least. Still, I was such an avid Warp-user that I'm really gonna miss it here.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Norns posted:

Did you fall for my super awesome viral marketing scheme?!
Sorry no, I'm actually a payed Ubisoft shill, and thus nothing more than a cold soulless husk vaguely resembling a human being.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

black.lion posted:

Wait I still don't get it i clicked the version I preordered and it still doesn't say download any thing halp

I think that's where you need to go

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

That's a threat display, Barons.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Groetgaffel posted:

Sorry no, I'm actually a payed Ubisoft shill, and thus nothing more than a cold soulless husk vaguely resembling a human being.

Nice try, pay up fucker.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
It says the trial expires in less than ten hours, I hope it only counts actual gametime because it's pretty late here and I can't play it tonight...

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Turbl posted:

I think that's where you need to go

Ah ya I closed Origins and relaunched and it was there, downloading now yay

Lollerich posted:

It says the trial expires in less than ten hours, I hope it only counts actual gametime because it's pretty late here and I can't play it tonight...

This just means 9 hrs and 59 mins it's been like that for other Origins trials I've done

Just make sure you completely exit the game when you aren't playing, it counts time when you're in the menus. Basically any time the game is launched is counted.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

FunkMonkey posted:

Nice try, pay up fucker.
I already pre-ordered like a month ago and is currently downloading the trial. :ssh:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Apparently the 10 hours early access might not be 10 hours. It's more that you can play up to a certain point in the game or for 10h, whichever happens first.

E: So nobody playing early access will be able to see things beyond which Bioware has permitted people with press copies to show/talk about.

You can play up to the first open planet or something. It sounds like you can do all the content that's available on that planet at that point of the game but the game locks off progression after that point. So you spend ten hours wringing all the content out of that planet. Or play multiplayer.

Hopefully that planet isn't another Hinterlands situation of 'get out of this zone ASAP'.

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUGRjNzGz3o

Combat continues to look fun but holy poo poo the melee attack looks lame as hell. Like a little poke. I guess we can't all be Shepherd with her massive straight punches.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Groetgaffel posted:

I already pre-ordered like a month ago and is currently downloading the trial. :ssh:

And with that, three quarters of the posters in this thread crawl mewling to EA's withered teat, biting, scratching, eager for their just reward.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Veotax posted:

You can play up to the first open planet or something. It sounds like you can do all the content that's available on that planet at that point of the game but the game locks off progression after that point. So you spend ten hours wringing all the content out of that planet. Or play multiplayer.

Hopefully that planet isn't another Hinterlands situation of 'get out of this zone ASAP'.

The guy I heard that from said he'd played all of the first planet, done all the side quests and talked to everyone and it came up to about 6 hours.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
it's surreal watching people saying 'well the only thing i want to play is the multiplayer and it's the only thing i even care about'

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Milky Moor posted:

it's surreal watching people saying 'well the only thing i want to play is the multiplayer and it's the only thing i even care about'

To be fair it was the best part of ME3.
It could also be justifying the purchase, but I'm not going to blatantly accuse goons of having buyers remorse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

To anyone complaining this thread being bad: it is powered by shitposting, shitposting kept it up when there absolutely no news and shitposting shall deliver us safely to release

what matters is shitposting with nuance