Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Cunckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

uncle cuck. lmao

anyway here's the gdc talk on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyMsF31NdNc

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was just in a place with like 8 guardians, trying to clear them all out to see if it did anything (beneath lomlei labyrinth) i killed all but two of them when the blood moon struck. i'll, uh, come back to that part, lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just did the special shrine quest north of lost woods. holy poo poo! the darkness is such a cool gimmick. being hunted by wolves in the dark is extremely cool.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
It's been more than a week and I still can't stop playing this game. There's so much left to do but that's ok because everything is amazing.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm starting to wish there were a few more enemy types, although there are a number of zelda classics i haven't run into yet, so i feel like i just haven't found them yet

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

i'm starting to wish there were a few more enemy types, although there are a number of zelda classics i haven't run into yet, so i feel like i just haven't found them yet

The enemy variety isn't the greatest compared to other Zeldas but considering the scope of the world and the variety of everything else I'm not upset about it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

yeah i agree and imagine it comes from the amount of detail in the animation and maybe also having to place and balance them in the open world and be able to suit a bunch of different situations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I just beat it, it's an amazing game throughout, but there are lots of little QoL tweaks that can be done, I have high hopes for any future DLC.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Idk I kind of like the old school palette swapped enemies, the elemental weapons and scaling keep things from getting too samey.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ive passed 80 hrs. what a godly game

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Yea I don't mind the palette swapped enemies as much as I do having to fight the same 'major test of strength' over and over again especially when I wanted to do more puzzle shrines.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Plebian Parasite posted:

Yea I don't mind the palette swapped enemies as much as I do having to fight the same 'major test of strength' over and over again especially when I wanted to do more puzzle shrines.

Yeah tests of strengths were just boring and nearly all the same where somehow they made like every puzzle shrine feel unique its crazy

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Plebian Parasite posted:

Seems like a no brainer to me for there to been varied test of strength shrines.. I guess they wanted to keep it Sheikah based but come on ninty, drop in a Hinox in there every once in a while

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i spent a shitload of time on this game today. i've got more deadlines coming up, so i wanted to get a lot of time in while i could. gerudo desert: is great. i loved the mini quest to get into gerudo town, the town itself is beautiful, and exploring the desert w/ no map and the oppressive atmosphere of a sandstorm is awesome. the yiga hideout seems like a fun stealth section, so i'm pretty psyched to go through it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

i spent a shitload of time on this game today. i've got more deadlines coming up, so i wanted to get a lot of time in while i could. gerudo desert: is great. i loved the mini quest to get into gerudo town, the town itself is beautiful, and exploring the desert w/ no map and the oppressive atmosphere of a sandstorm is awesome. the yiga hideout seems like a fun stealth section, so i'm pretty psyched to go through it.

I don't know if I entered the region the wrong way or something but it was fun trying to beat the desert heat and avoid the hazards to get to town. Probably the best story quest.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Whew, just beat it. 19.68% complete - going to be playing this for a long time yet, I think. I'll try to hit at least 60% before giving in.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wonder how much of the progress bar is the korok seeds because theres just under 1000 of them

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

i wonder how much of the progress bar is the korok seeds because theres just under 1000 of them
they count for the same amount as anything else including Shrines lol. Nobody should try to 100% this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ssome dude got all the korok seeds nd the reward is a golden turd lmao

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

dont brand your posts

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

3 dungeons down, map filled out, master sword in hand, now I'm looking for all the neat little labyrinth things on the map. Finished the one in the northwest and got a piece of the barbarian set?!?!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was kind of disappointed in the other two labyrinths after beating the NE island one. One in particular is just like four large squares that you climb over

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I tried doing the northeast one first but I didn't have appropriate arrows for the mobs in there. That one is probably next for me. Hopefully 5 arrows is enough.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

did some log surfing towards hateno village and almost domed a tiny child at like 500 mph

using this technique
https://twitter.com/patepote61/status/840213290806534146

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

omfg

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/artistmaterial/status/841067730077851648

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

yeah jim starling or whoever gave it a 7/10 and that was enough to bump it down

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Jim loving Sterling son!! ftw

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i cant believe the actual rage im feeling over this lmao that Fat Worthless gently caress. Hooe he chokes on a bone in his next hourly order of fish and chips

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

did some log surfing towards hateno village and almost domed a tiny child at like 500 mph

using this technique

omg

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

HolePisser1982 posted:

using this technique

Callback to the classic

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it seems like the longer tree trunks are better for riding [Quagmire sticks his head through the window] uuhh that came out wrong!! lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i know i'm way behind with my Casual Pace but i finally made my way over to the west side of the map + this version of the lost woods is how i always imagined it should be. this game y'all.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
even though I filled in all the tower maps a week ago I keep finding more horse stables

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that ivy guy posted:

Callback to the classic

lmao this is almost possible. this game is loving awesome

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

went home for lunch and played zelda for fifteen minutes... if only i had a switch

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

everyone should play wwhd hero mode btw. the harder hitting enemies + lack of healing items are a great balance change and force you to engage w/the good combat mechanics

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Zas posted:

everyone should play wwhd hero mode btw. the harder hitting enemies + lack of healing items are a great balance change and force you to engage w/the good combat mechanics

imo normal mode is pretty much already like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i dunno, the enemies dont hit hard enough for me in normal. i havent played it that way since the gcn one tho

• Locked thread