Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

projecthalaxy posted:

Roderick Strong: hes like Sami Zayn or Austin Aries except without, you know, the positive qualities. But he was in TNA so ypu have to cheer him! NXT!

I mean this is a total wrong simplification. Because everyone who is a fan of Roddy is a fan of his PWG reign where he became an amazing heel who could
Legit have a great match with anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Roderick Strong's famous TNA run, right up there with CM Punk's.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

It's the same slow march of denial with everyone struggling against the reality that WWE is bad at handling talent because it homogenizes styles, tones down exciting movesets, dumbs down characters, writes and books talented people terribly, and only gets people over by accident. Yet they hope their indie and international favorites to come in too, and then wonder why they're all suddenly boring. It couldn't possibly be the $1.5 billion company with incredible production values though, no. It must be that the wrestler Was Always Bad™.

At least Adam Cole did the prep work.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

There are some bad takes in this thread.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yeah, considering I don't watch any promotions he was in, I have no idea what his deal is beyond "generic man is good at wrestling I guess"

He's also extremely small and has lovely little boots.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

rovert posted:

Lmfao

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Basic Chunnel posted:

The concept of "dumbing down" is a fuckin ridiculous thing to float in any context but it is especially stupid when used in the context of professional wrestling
Way to cherry-pick. I said they dumb down characters, which is absolutely true. They make every character extremely one-note consistently for years so kids can understand them, because that's where a lot of their revenue comes from.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Indie guys aren't putting on Uncle Vanya in the ring before WWE gets hold of them

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I mean I would 100% watch Brian Cage deliver Canadian Destroyers while lamenting how long it's been since he's felt love for anyone, but nobody has the balls to book it

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Hoodslam champion Drugs Bunny, on the indies: Does drugs, manifests a greater cultural critique about the role of intoxication and escape in a violent world, plays to crowd with comedy spots about drugs.

Hoodslam champion Drugs Bunny, on NXT: Does drugs, plays to crowd with comedy spots about drugs.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Roddy will be fine.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Under the vegetable posted:

He's also extremely small and has lovely little boots.

he has normal sized boots now

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Which is frankly bullshit.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah it's hosed up, gently caress nxt

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Also now that it's been a good 12 hours I would like to point out that the Revival are the best and most consistent storytellers in the business

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

relative to his size. They're still little boots for a little man.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Also now that it's been a good 12 hours I would like to point out that the Revival are the best and most consistent storytellers in the business

You make them sound like a Country act

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

roderick strong is great

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
what if the revival wore lovely little boots

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
They'd be copy cat little bitches.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The scoopz sites are saying a bunch of lucha women got tryouts this week plus some female indie workers?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE held a secret tryout this weekend for the women's tournament seems more focused on nationalities and televisual looks than high end talent. People who know of her will be over the moon for Delilah Doom due to her personality. https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/841696885974827009 https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/842102837475647488 https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/842105439202377728 https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/842109890130726912

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Is Norwegian Female her name or is that just a particularly goony sheet

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
:woop: IO SHIRAI :woop: https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/842110920620933120

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Io Shirai is at the performance center

e: cant out scoop the scoopsman

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/io-shirai-jaime-espinal-attend-wwe-tryout

The names above plus Former Olympian Jaime Espinal and Wes Brisco!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Basic Chunnel posted:

I mean I would 100% watch Brian Cage deliver Canadian Destroyers while lamenting how long it's been since he's felt love for anyone, but nobody has the balls to book it

Guys, I've got an idea..

I'm going to need a lot of money and a lot of sleeze.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wasn't Delilah Doom a jobber for Nia Jax once?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Yeah she was the blue jobber.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Wasn't Delilah Doom a jobber for Nia Jax once?

and more recently Carmella

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/io-shirai-jaime-espinal-attend-wwe-tryout

The names above plus Former Olympian Jaime Espinal and Wes Brisco!

Ah yes, Wes Brisco, a guy who's a second-generation superstar, sone of Vince's biggest yes-men, and yet he still got fired because he sucked. And then he went to TNA, joined the Aces&Eights, and somehow managed to be worse than Garrett Bischoff.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Also if you criticize Wes on twitter Gerry will block you

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/842135775789608960

lmao

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I'm so hype for the women's tournament. Hopefully it reboots the NXT women's division too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Before everyone buries Ohno on NXT tonight know he did get the memo and has lost a lot of weight and started tanning.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Delilah Doom is a super talent and a really nice person, and I really hope this leads to her getting a contract.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

Before everyone buries Ohno on NXT tonight know he did get the memo and has lost a lot of weight and started tanning.

That's loving bullshit. How dare they force my beautiful Hero to drop weight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Ohno ...... has lost a lot of weight

Boo! BOOOOOOOOO!

Edit: First Fat Mac, now Fat Hero? :negative:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm not even being ironic. Hero getting bigger has legit ruled and made his strikes look that much more devastating and his high flying moves look that much more impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Boo! BOOOOOOOOO!

Edit: First Fat Mac, now Fat Hero? :negative:

This just means we're getting Gay Hero soon.

• Locked thread