Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hammerite posted:

lol at the country where "free ambulance rides" is an example of a preposterous pie-in-the-sky fever dream idea

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/smoss/status/842103698037866498?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

lol

Snoop posted:

“When I be putting [expletive] out, I don’t ever expect or look for a reaction,” he said. “I just put it out because I feel like it’s something that’s missing. Any time I drop something, I’m trying to fill in a void. I feel like it’s a lot of people making cool records, having fun, partying, but nobody’s dealing with the real issue with this [expletive] clown as president.”

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/pwolgin/status/842145793549172736

Lmao get hosed Steve Miller

I legit hope a grand piano falls on Steve Miller and squashes him wile e coyote style

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Arguably a horizontal career shift for Melania.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Oscar Wild posted:

Arguably a horizontal career shift for Melania.

lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

the little dog is Hawaii :3:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

that's an extremely pure and high-quality lol

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
drat the Hawaii courts are no joke

they ruled against the travel ban on the basis of what trump campaigned under, claiming "did we all forget what he said during the campaign about banning muslims"

they didnt approve not on legality of the ban, but on the motive

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Lol

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Get a load of this sick poster dunk:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
blocked hours before it was supposed to go into effect. that means trump's travel bans in all form have been in effect for less than 1 week total haha he's an epic failure so far by any metric

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

quote:

In a striking repudiation of President Trump, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, a Republican, said on Wednesday that he had seen no indication of Mr. Trump's claim on Twitter that former President Barack Obama wiretapped his phones in Trump Tower during the 2016 presidential campaign.

“We don’t have any evidence that that took place,’’ Representative Devin Nunes, Republican of California and chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said at a news conference on Capitol Hill. “In fact, I don’t believe — in the last week of time, people we’ve talked to, I don’t think there was an actual tap of Trump Tower.”

If Mr. Trump’s Twitter claim is to be taken literally, Mr. Nunes said, “then clearly the president is wrong.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/15/us/politics/trump-wiretap-claim-obama-comey-congress.html

Between this and the overturning of the travel ban, I'm eagerly awaiting the furious tweets. :allears:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The wiretaps are a metaphor just like the wall jeez guys

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
so the wiretaps are just as bullshit as the RUSSIA! hysteria. ok, what's next week's scandal?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
"The Government need not fear" is just an awesome pretense to an incredibly smart ruling

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/842150087950237696

Seriously licking my chops in anticipation of trump's response to today

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Hammerite posted:

lol at the country where "free ambulance rides" is an example of a preposterous pie-in-the-sky fever dream idea

poo poo, even the idea of "vaguely affordable" ambulance rides are an insane pipe dream round here

edit: lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The poors just use an ambulance as a taxi service didn't you know so it has to be priced high to dissuade them

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

drat, I thought the thing with paying for ambulance rides was a joke at first.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Grevling posted:

Average ambulance ride is 400 united states dollars

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Blue Train posted:

Average ambulance ride is 400 united states dollars

:chanpop:
Still not sure if that's serious or not.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Taft can go gently caress himself for taking the Fattest President title out of Trump's reach. Trump being the most childlike AND fattest us president ever would be too much cherry for one sundae I guess

It's like the piss tape. God lets us dream of these things but actually putting them into the world would be like if it rained cotton candy. Too much.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

proof of concept posted:

Did you already forget his morning twitter rampage it hasn't even been 12 hrs

I was responding to the post I quoted about the looming danger of overharvesting LOLs without giving the stocks time to recover.

Peak LOL theory, if you will

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

What we need to do is DISRUPT the traditional ambulance industry, with my new app called Bleedr

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
At this point I'm expecting Trump to declare war on Hawaii. Via Twitter.

lol

Also lol at an ambulance ride costing $400, I had no idea. We really do gently caress over the poor in this country, in every way shape and form.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Flesh Forge posted:

What we need to do is DISRUPT the traditional ambulance industry, with my new app called Bleedr

this already happened, if I wasn't about to die in the next ten minutes I'd probably just take an uber instead

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Grevling posted:

It depends quite a lot on what's wrong with you, if you need more urgent on-the-spot stabilizing care then it's much higher.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

HoboNews posted:

Also lol at an ambulance ride costing $400, I had no idea. We really do gently caress over the poor in this country, in every way shape and form.

Poor people still get ambulance rides and emergency hospital care. It's just that they can't pay for it, will be sued into bankruptcy, and the hospital is left with the tab. That tab still has to get paid, yet another reason healthcare and healthcare costs are hosed.

LOL

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Madcosby posted:

drat the Hawaii courts are no joke

they ruled against the travel ban on the basis of what trump campaigned under, claiming "did we all forget what he said during the campaign about banning muslims"

they didnt approve not on legality of the ban, but on the motive

Scalia was a piece of poo poo who ruled on political whim but his quip about judges becoming western mullahs was pretty much completely dead on.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My roommate was an EMT for a few years (Philly and surrounding suburbs in Pennsylvania) and they legit train you, off the record, to assess whether or not someone has healthcare and needs an ambulance or if you can save them the cost and just get someone to pick them up and drive them.

$400 is what it costs for an ambulance to show up. If you need any kind of healthcare en route to the hospital... I mean, $10,000 ambulance rides are absolutely possible

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Grevling posted:

Having had to ride in one once, for a "necessary incident". They are expensive enough for certain actions to be taken.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage
This is going to be difficult to explain to the grand kids.

So the president of the United States most powerful man on earth.
Oooh
And he was clown!
Yay!
But he wasn't funny..
Awww
How we laughed and laughed!
???

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

Poor people still get ambulance rides and emergency hospital care. It's just that they can't pay for it, will be sued into bankruptcy, and the hospital is left with the tab. That tab still has to get paid, yet another reason healthcare and healthcare costs are hosed.

LOL

Don't get sick or hurt if you don't want to end up homeless duh!

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SickZip posted:

Scalia was a piece of poo poo who ruled on political whim but his quip about judges becoming western mullahs was pretty much completely dead on.

what

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cobweb Heart posted:

Taft can go gently caress himself for taking the Fattest President title out of Trump's reach. Trump being the most childlike AND fattest us president ever would be too much cherry for one sundae I guess

It's like the piss tape. God lets us dream of these things but actually putting them into the world would be like if it rained cotton candy. Too much.

Eeh taft might not want to get too comfy on his fat guy throne

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Play posted:

I was responding to the post I quoted about the looming danger of overharvesting LOLs without giving the stocks time to recover.

Peak LOL theory, if you will

I'm a peak lol denialist

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

You're crazy if you think an ambulance ride costs $400. I work for a fire department and our billing has a basic ambulance transport starting over $800. That's with no treatment rendered. Start an IV? Another $100. Get an EKG? Another $150. Put on oxygen? Another $120. It's insane.

America.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
He could still surprise! I have high hopes for Trump's BMI.

You know what gets me? this isn't about Trump but it is an American LOL

quote:

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

That's the end of the Star Spangled Banner. (edit: Ooh no it's the second to last) You'll see the line where it straight-up no-foolin says "All Slaves Shall Die".

there's still "controversy" over what precisely he meant by that (lmao) but it's hilarious that Americans care so little about knowing anything that our stopping early out of laziness is the only thing saving us from putting our hands over our hearts and tearfully enjoying a song about crushed and destroyed black people.

Mr Havafap posted:

This is going to be difficult to explain to the grand kids.

So the president of the United States most powerful man on earth.
Oooh
And he was clown!
Yay!
But he wasn't funny..
Awww
How we laughed and laughed!
???

LOL

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

proof of concept posted:

Eeh taft might not want to get too comfy on his fat guy throne

And I feel better about myself, until I look in a mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Grevling posted:

:same:

What the gently caress america