Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Hedrigall posted:

So I haven't been watching the streams but I have been listening to the fan youtube vids and podcasts (from the youtubers who got to go play 20 hours recently) and they're all saying the animations are crap but the gameplay and story is amazing and they're all full of praise for the game

Well, no poo poo. They're fans, fans are idiots. Watch the streams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
This may very well be the worst triple AAA game by a major studio ever launched in the history of the industry. Along with the complete destruction of an IP.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

So I haven't been watching the streams but I have been listening to the fan youtube vids and podcasts (from the youtubers who got to go play 20 hours recently) and they're all saying the animations are crap but the gameplay and story is amazing and they're all full of praise for the game

i wouldn't trust the opinion of bioware fans on much of anything at this point

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
"i would take all the janky facial animation in the world if i cared about anything they were saying"

"the introduction of this character comes out of nowhere and hooray we're best friends now before you can get a handle on who she is"

"i hope hanging out on the ship makes this all make sense"

"the whole thing seems abrupt and strange"

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The jetpack jumps are good, though they're kinda rigid and janky

cams
Mar 28, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

Or you could shut the gently caress up and let us make fun of this game.

hahahaha you are free to do whatever you want. i find the desire to act entitled about toys on the internet pretty gross so i'm gonna keep doin my thing

cams
Mar 28, 2003

*searches the internet for people who agree with me about the video game being bad*

HA HA I WAS RIGHT THE VIDEO GAME WAS BAD. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Thank you for bravely standing against the tide of jerk gamers who want to laugh at a bad game, cams

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

man, i hope everyone liked mass effect 1 combat because if the fight isn't taking place behind convenient chest high walls that's what you get

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

He's cobbin pretty hard here

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

Well if the game sucks what are they going to talk about on their Mass Effect podcast?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

cams posted:

hahahaha you are free to do whatever you want. i find the desire to act entitled about toys on the internet pretty gross so i'm gonna keep doin my thing

No one is acting entitled. People are talking about about the horrible animations. Calm down.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

cams posted:

*searches the internet for people who agree with me about the video game being bad*

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Utnayan posted:

This may very well be the worst triple AAA game by a major studio ever launched in the history of the industry. Along with the complete destruction of an IP.
should probably pump your brakes until ea starts handing out refunds and free "i'm so sorry" games like ubisoft did with that one asscreed game

*thinks about ea's response to sim city*

wait, no, nevermind, this train haven't brakes

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

cams posted:

We are watching history in the making of what will go down as not only the destruction of a developer, the destruction of a popular IP, but also the destruction of hope for anyone still clinging on to any hope what so ever Bioware had any chance as a revival.

Kinda sad actually when you think about it.

But, hilarious none the less that this thing actually is being released into the wild.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Utnayan posted:

We are watching history in the making of what will go down as not only the destruction of a developer, the destruction of a popular IP, but also the destruction of hope for anyone still clinging on to any hope what so ever Bioware had any chance as a revival.

Kinda sad actually when you think about it.

But, hilarious none the less that this thing actually is being released into the wild.

Utnayan posted:

hahahahahahah

like, you could be right, it is a toy so who cares?

you guys want to hang out and circlejerk about the game being bad, i get to come in and laugh at defective human beings. circle of life.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Ash1138 posted:

should probably pump your brakes until ea starts handing out refunds and free "i'm so sorry" games like ubisoft did with that one asscreed game

*thinks about ea's response to sim city*

wait, no, nevermind, this train haven't brakes

Ash! Haven't seen you in a while. How have ya been? Been a LONG time :)

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Suvi's a Finnish name, Anwar's an Arabic name. Character is from Scotland. Yes, she's multicultural.

as someone who lives in scotland and loves most variants of the scottish accent, i hate her loving voice. probably not the actress's fault; most of the voices seem kind of poorly directed

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Cowcaster posted:

man, i hope everyone liked mass effect 1 combat because if the fight isn't taking place behind convenient chest high walls that's what you get

Literally why I am interested in Andromeda beyond the multiplayer. Mass Effect 1 had the best combat system of the trilogy and the shared cooldown system they introduced in 2 (along with the dumb ammo mechanic change) was loving stupid. Bringing back the heat mechanic and getting rid of shared cooldowns - fantastic.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Generic Monk posted:

as someone who lives in scotland and loves most variants of the scottish accent, i hate her loving voice. probably not the actress's fault; most of the voices seem kind of poorly directed

I wonder what some these voice actors were thinking when they were forced to read through this God Awful dialogue.

I legit feel bad for them having to have their names attached to this.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

DatonKallandor posted:

Literally why I am interested in Andromeda beyond the multiplayer. Mass Effect 1 had the best combat system of the trilogy

:chloe:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Mass effect 1 did not have good combat. What the gently caress

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oh good, opinion fight

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

To be fair, I had hilarious amounts of fun walking into a room and telling physics to go gently caress itself in ME1. I guess I understand why, but Adepts have just never been the same since.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I didnt like DA:I :(

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

DatonKallandor posted:

Literally why I am interested in Andromeda beyond the multiplayer. Mass Effect 1 had the best combat system of the trilogy and the shared cooldown system they introduced in 2 (along with the dumb ammo mechanic change) was loving stupid. Bringing back the heat mechanic and getting rid of shared cooldowns - fantastic.

don't worry the guy is out of ammo on stream right now

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
^^He shouldn't have brought a scrub ME2 style gun then.

Norns posted:

Mass effect 1 did not have good combat. What the gently caress

It had the best combat out of the trilogy - it wasn't great combat for a shooter though. It let you go to town with your wacky space powers and that's what counts.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 16, 2017

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

dialog options when agreeing to help someone was 'let me deal with the kett' and 'i only want to help eos'

selecting the latter had ryder say 'turn the power on and leave the kett to me'

Lol just saw this.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cams posted:

i'm gonna keep doin my thing

please dont.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Seriously this stream is so pedantic I have to stop it. They were talking about how the missing arks feel like the one intriguing portion of the plot and it's like...you know that's in fact the plot right? You're literally saying the plot is interesting. :downs: Gee, damning.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

don't worry the guy is out of ammo on stream right now

and there's no place to get more nearby

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

cams posted:

oh good, opinion fight

Hey numb nuts. You're on a Internet message board. What do you expect? Just leave the thread if its triggering you so bad?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

what difficulty are they playing on? he seems to be able to soak up a lot of damage

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

DatonKallandor posted:

^^He shouldn't have brought a scrub ME2 style gun then.

as far as i know it's just the default gun. he hasn't switched gun on stream

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

Seriously this stream is so pedantic I have to stop it. They were talking about how the missing arks feel like the one intriguing portion of the plot and it's like...you know that's in fact the plot right? You're literally saying the plot is interesting. :downs: Gee, damning.

i think it's an indictment of the game that the setup is so unfocused and the dialogue so uninteresting that it fails to properly set up the actual story of the game

Cowcaster posted:

as far as i know it's just the default gun. he hasn't switched gun on stream

brad was fiddling with the loadout screen, i think that gun might be an mlg preorder bonus

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
lol, this game is hosed if the mainstream gaming press is pulling out the knives

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

time to collect some kett sealant

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
For all the bitching about animation re: the story I feel like we've all straight up forgotten the 6 hour slog that is Taris in KOTOR

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

DatonKallandor posted:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

gmq posted:

It runs like crap on my 1060, less than 30fps when moving the camera on High. :negative:
loving hell.

Never expected that. I thought the requirements must be a mistake.