Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Does Brad have a tattoo on his pec that says Homer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Idols hidden in challenges are the best twist.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Where the heck in everybody tonight? Did you all forget to set your clocks forward?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Where the heck in everybody tonight? Did you all forget to set your clocks forward?

forums dead

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

dont eat a baby

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

sandra wants to eat a baby

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Man this is hard to watch :(

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
call PETA

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Lay off Sandra :smith:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

At least now they know they are capable of catching one?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

If Sandra wants to eat the goat she should have to kill it herself.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Bruh I would have straight up killed both them goats.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh, now they are going to kill Tai's chickens lol.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Sandra interrogating every member of the tribe repeatedly when it was clear they didn't wanna slaughter and gut the goat is not the sort of dark humor I expect from survivor.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Sandra interrogating every member of the tribe repeatedly when it was clear they didn't wanna slaughter and gut the goat is not the sort of dark humor I expect from survivor.

I like Sandra but that was rough, especially when she has no clue how to kill it.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

I missed the description of this challenge, having a black woman tied to & being led by two white men is a little uh.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Smooth Troyzan.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Man I'll be fine with any one of these 6 going home.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh man, I had to untie 4 knots, I'm just exhausted, let me kneel down on the corner of this table here.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
This is a dictatorship majority rules

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

One thing I've learned from playing before on an all newbie season is that past relationshps matter

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Oh man, I had to untie 4 knots, I'm just exhausted, let me kneel down on the corner of this table here.

He was on the chopping block so it's easy tho play that off as relief

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Hali looks like she's delivering her own eulogy

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Hali looks like she's delivering her own eulogy

I thought she did well

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Good :byewhore:

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Caleb got voted out because Tai couldn't keep it in his pants, but who cares because caleb is bad.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

blue squares posted:

I thought she did well

Oh I meant the expression on her face looked like she was resigned to her own fate, might have just been island exhaustion though.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's nice to see they are bringing The Amazing Race back and they are putting it on Thursday instead of on Friday nights.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's nice to see they are bringing The Amazing Race back and they are putting it on Thursday instead of on Friday nights.

I noticed that, too. I'm surprised they're bringing it back again. I ever stopped watching a season or two ago because morals, after the stop at the lion "rescue", and while I wanted to keep watching out of nostalgia it's become kind of a poo poo show.

I don't think I've ever seen the Survivor thread this dead before.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Kinda sucks for Caleb, I feel like he went out here not only because of a bad break in the swap but even after that only because people were squeamish about there being too many Kaoh Rong players. Neither of those factors really had to do with him. In a way Tai fighting for Caleb probably hurt as much as it helped, but Tai eventually cutting him should earn Tai some trust from his people. It might be a problem for that tribe btw showing one of their best challenge players the door. Anyway though I guess I'm not really a Caleb fan and he was always just sort of filling a space so at least there's that

Brad Culpepper was weirdly good this episode.

SteveVizsla posted:

I missed the description of this challenge, having a black woman tied to & being led by two white men is a little uh.
this is a super weird thought to have

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

blue squares posted:

dont eat a baby

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Does Brad's conversation with Tai in this episode make him look like a surprisingly good player, or does it retroactively make Aubry's game in Kaoh Rong less impressive because manipulating Tai maybe isn't that hard

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

this is a super weird thought to have

I started paying attention to it right at the point where both of them were kinda dragging her by the rope while she stumbled along and she looked super tired while they were both barely sweating and without context it looked really awkward

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ugh I'm mad they chose to keep Hali after she did literally nothing to try and save herself. She and Caleb could have tried to roll in Tai and another, she could have gone idol hunting at the very least.

I find Brad's passion for antiquing completely bizarre.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Rarity posted:

Ugh I'm mad they chose to keep Hali after she did literally nothing to try and save herself. She and Caleb could have tried to roll in Tai and another, she could have gone idol hunting at the very least.

Just because it wasn't shown doesn't mean it wasn't attempted.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Eh when you get swapped and you're in the minority with another person it goes two ways - either you go after each other, or you try to work together. It's possible we could have seen a Hali/Caleb/Tai trio and maybe pull Debbie in, but Hali and Tai generally don't have a lot of authority and Caleb's in the minority. Caleb and Hali don't seem close at all, so they pretty much avoided each other like the plague.

Also Caleb now joins Francesca in 'never made the merge twice'. At least Varner made it to the merge first time he played!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So fun fact about this episode: This is Jeff Varner's first immunity win since Australian Outback. Something he's more than happy to point out: https://www.twitter.com/JEFFVARNER/status/842174196545380352

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rarity posted:

I find Brad's passion for antiquing completely bizarre.

Caleb and Hali were on different sides of their tribe last week and didn't seem to have any kind of relationship. So they didn't seem to even consider working together when the easier play was to just throw each other under the bus. And the majority didn't show any signs of splintering so if you go trying to flip people without them approaching you then you risk being seen as a threat. They were in a pretty stacked situation and with seemingly no loyalty to each other it wouldn't make any sense for them to risk themselves to save the other.

Both Caleb and Hali's play was really to do what they did. Stay calm and make the cases in Tribal. Caleb says he's stronger and better for the tribe, Hali says she's less of a threat long term. If I can nitpick any mistakes it was in Caleb arguing that Hali was easier to "manipulate" than him and that was a reason to vote her out. But Caleb's never been a smart one.

I get the feeling we'll see him again since he still has barely played the game and basically got taken out by the swap this time around. Since they seem to like him so much and you can't really blame him for either of his evictions I bet he'll be back at the next veteran season.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don't really think he'll be back. I don't see how he can get 3 appearances without doing anything except almost dying. Even Candice did more to deserve it than that.

All these swapped tribes really do have extreme splits don't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. Troyzan and JT are both outnumbered 1-5 to go with Hali now being down 1-4. It was a pretty merciless slit for those few.

• Locked thread