Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

SubponticatePoster posted:

They were taking a break, got back to streaming. She got sync killed in wave 7 of a bronze match :getin:

Yeah I kept it on and watched. That seemed pretty hectic for Bronze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

If you were guys were wondering if Banshees had a sequel, it's called Ascendant.

And they can sync kill! :thumbsup:

Now I know what the people losing their minds over the facial animation feel like. Jesus loving christ. Why did they consciously put that back in the game.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

JBP posted:

SA is still a popular forum. If I was a games publisher it would be on my radar enough to warrant getting some posts up, but yeah you'd be sending the shills to reddit and 4chan pronto.

Aww and to think I'm such a popular poster on such a popular forum :allears:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I was glad to see that there's still a boss enemy that can teleport next to you and immediately sync kill you, that was a really good part of ME3

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

God you Alex Jones of gaming idiots really need to shut up

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Cowcaster posted:

if it's not explicitly "chest high wall" cover, the cover system has real trouble figuring out what counts as cover, so it boiled down to ryder and the enemies standing around in open fields basically hosing each other down till someone fell over

Oh, I forgot, this game uses a soft cover system, like it auto covers or whatever? Eugh.

Man, the more I'm reading and seeing about this game makes me so drat sad about how it turned out. Hahaha.

I deffo want to check this game out, but not for anywhere near 50 bucks. :laugh:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

"It was pure shock, I'll never forget that day."

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008

black.lion posted:

Anyone playing the trial on a GTX970? FPS?

I played the tutorial multiplayer mission on the default video settings which i believe was set at high. Ran very smoothly 50-60 fps and didnt get any framerate drops but also not that much action was happening.

Still on a 2600k but 16 gigs of ram though

Edit: Grammmarrrzz

ObesePriest fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 16, 2017

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I just tried changing the video settings and I get exactly the same crappy wobbling 10-30fps framerate no matter the resolution or detail level so I can't blame the 1060 (I think). But I have no idea what it could be, would hitting the RAM limit cause that kind of thing?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yikes

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Norns posted:

You sperging out every time it gets brought up only fuels it because then they point at you for overreacting which means you must be a shill.

Also /v/ is actually really funny right now, so many threads making GBS threads on this and posting new footage/gifs I haven't seen in this thread.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Drifter posted:

I deffo want to check this game out, but not for anywhere near 50 bucks. :laugh:

:same:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Norns posted:

I've hired viral marketers to post on forums about mobile phones before. Why wouldn't you do it for games lmao.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Arglebargle III posted:

What the gently caress.

I was supposed to be shitposting not clairvoyant!

That's looking on a par, if you're being really charitable, with ME2 on the PS3.

e- worse. :stare:

They don't even have consoles to blame.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 16, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yes clearly I'm a paid Bioware viral marketer lmao.

You guys are loving insanely hilarious with the :tinfoil: hat poo poo. It's unreal

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I accidentally activated the console in multiplayer!?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Drifter posted:

Oh, I forgot, this game uses a soft cover system, like it auto covers or whatever? Eugh.

Man, the more I'm reading and seeing about this game makes me so drat sad about how it turned out. Hahaha.

Yeah, I got it for about $30 because of Amazon Prime and a gift card I had sitting around.

Hate to say it, but I'm kind of disillusioned about this game. It will be interesting to see how bad this game is, but there other games coming up like Nier for the PC and Persona 5

The buzz around Nier is good, what about Persona 5, since that came out early in Japan?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Norns posted:

You guys are loving insanely hilarious with the :tinfoil: hat poo poo. It's unreal

no one was talking about you

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

That's looking on a par, if you're being really charitable, with ME2 on the PS3.

I swear that hair is from the character creator in ME.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Norns posted:

No one said that you histrionic freak.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

people get very defensive when you mock their video game criticism

edit lol

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

no one was talking about you

Except for the two people who did?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Yeah I kept it on and watched. That seemed pretty hectic for Bronze.
Yeah, mobility is fun but looks like you're gonna need to be a bit more mindful. May also have to do with the fact that everyone is low level so using lovely weapons and low tier powers. I remember during ME3's beta we managed to complete a gold match on Firebase White and we were so fuckin' psyched about it - 2 months later you could solo that poo poo (especially prior to the map fix).

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I gotta say, the engineer powers look really fun to combo with the jetpack in this multi stream.

I might play a tech character for once.

Like they're really leaning into the space wizard aesthetic with blasts of fire, lightning, ice etc.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Personally I'm a bacterial marketer

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

This woman has just been accused of a crime.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Norns posted:

I said people who believe shills are here will take your posts as proof that you are one, not that I think you are one you mongoloid.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

gmq posted:

I just tried changing the video settings and I get exactly the same crappy wobbling 10-30fps framerate no matter the resolution or detail level so I can't blame the 1060 (I think). But I have no idea what it could be, would hitting the RAM limit cause that kind of thing?

Potentially but it shouldn't be hitting anywhere near the ram limit. Do you maybe have an antivirus running a scan in the background or something else running that's using up a lot of ram? Could be a corrupted download.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
One thing that's good is that it specifies what melee attack you did in the kill feed instead of just (Melee), so the krogan player had a stream of HEADBUTT kills

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Nazzadan posted:

I said people who believe shills are here will take your posts as proof that you are one, not that I think you are one you mongoloid.

Oh forgive me

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Norns posted:

who

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Dr. Abysmal posted:

One thing that's good is that it specifies what melee attack you did in the kill feed instead of just (Melee), so the krogan player had a stream of HEADBUTT kills
Can't wait to run all-Krogan melee match so the entire killfeed is HEADBUTT HEADBUTT HEADBUTT

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Apraxin posted:

"but I think if we went back to Mass Effect 3, or Mass Effect 2, or even Mass Effect, we could apply a lot of the same criticisms—and we still like those games."

He can think that, but he's wrong.

This is one of the worst thing to come out of Andromeda.

Like, even ignoring the much stronger execution of all three games, it ignores the wider context that ME:A - as a semi-reboot to a popular darling - should be much stronger than the old three, not just merely good-as.

Especially not merely good-as through faulty, inaccurate retrospection.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zUilV_oemg

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
everyone looks like they got shady flea market colored contact lenses in this game

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Arglebargle III posted:

This woman has just been accused of a crime.

Doubt

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Norns posted:

It's literally one dude running the same gimmick he does everywhere else and like one other person playing along for laughs. Settle down, Beavis.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

I accidentally activated the console in multiplayer!?

there's a console? I wonder if that means you can do console commands to cheat yourself resources

in single player I mean. I would not do that in MP even if you could. i am a gamer of honor.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There is absolutely no weight to the melee and power effects anymore--The krogan headbutt kills someone and they just sort of drift to the floor with no screen shake. Basic enemies still take an entire magazine to kill on bronze. There's still mega sponge enemies who take multiple entire magazines.

Biowhy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

In my fit of poo poo posting I missread Nazzadan's posts.

And this cool guy
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796973&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post470348155