Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

If the other team is playing a big man that can score and Lee is in, you're gonna have a bad time

i see no reason to disagree with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
norkic

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
big nork

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Spacebump posted:

If the other team is playing a big man that can score and Lee is in, you're gonna have a bad time

He's basically tied with Gasol for the second best player on the Spurs this year but let's give Harden the MVP because of how bad his team supposedly is.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Bashez posted:

He's basically tied with Gasol for the second best player on the Spurs this year but let's give Harden the MVP because of how bad his team supposedly is.

Having Pop as a coach is almost as valuable (if not as valuable or more) as having Leonard.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
the spurs are gonna kill their fan base with all these tight games

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

the spurs are gonna kill their fan base with all these tight games

Lol

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I'm glad they recounted the story of Nurkic being discovered, because I was starting to think that I had dreamed it in an opium den somewhere

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

chunkles posted:

aww yeah 30 point lead means heavy dekker minutes and i can watch the expanse

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/842197717082300417

also lou williams wanted to make a point i guess?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
what a disappointing game. spurs couldn't hold any lead they got, turned the ball over like crazy, and couldn't stop anything on defense.

gently caress this one sucks

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

big boi posted:

I'm glad they recounted the story of Nurkic being discovered, because I was starting to think that I had dreamed it in an opium den somewhere

They've turned their season around with that trade. Also Aldridge is invisible.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

RaySmuckles posted:

wow, a 30 pt lead. please sir, tell me what that's like.

:feelsgood:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Welp

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Wow, this Spurs comeback started after Pop removed David Lee from the lineup. Shocking

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if the bulls fire hoiberg and he gets hired by illinois and have to watch my team get owned by hoiball for a dozen years, i will lose my poo poo

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

Wow, this Spurs comeback started after Pop removed David Lee from the lineup. Shocking

hmm, you seem to have a unique insight, sir

edit: gently caress, kawhi!

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 16, 2017

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i'm not crazy it's NOT pronounced NORkic right?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
harden with a casual 18/13/12. also i'm pretty sure i saw him steal like half those rebounds from anderson.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

leftist heap posted:

i'm not crazy it's NOT pronounced NORkic right?

Is that how Hubie is pronouncing it? If so it's wrong

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
seems like a lot of missed intentional fouls recently. i feel like that only encourages players to go to extremes to get the foul

edit: oh well, hope was a mistake

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

since they traded for Lou Williams the Rockets are averaging over 120 points a game

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
man that kawhi dunk was hot

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
it must be so scary handling the ball against lennybeans in the clutch

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Off course Ingram had a great game that I could not watch.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
hahah oh my god Ginobli what the gently caress

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
are you making GBS threads me manu hahhahahahaha

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

lollll

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
God bless Manu that was beautiful

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol

jalen rose had a great bit about practicing to miss a free throw and his point was that no player ever in a million years was going to practice MISSING a free throw. fts are already so mental that the risk or perceived risk of completely loving your shot is so not worth it for the few times it comes in handy

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
well, hats off to portland. their guards were unstoppable and nurkic crushed us in the mid-late game.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Spacebump posted:

The Spurs blew the lead because of a series of really bad calls against them and they made the comeback when Nurkic blew two straight possessions. It had nothing to do with David Lee who was the second best player for the Spurs tonight, like a lot of nights.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

zelah posted:

God bless Manu that was beautiful

He ees an artiste! Portland played their asses off. I was impressed the way they played OKC in OKC. They're the darkhorse the playoffs are needing.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

The Spurs blew the lead because of a series of really bad calls against them and they made the comeback when Nurkic blew two straight possessions. It had nothing to do with David Lee who was the second best player for the Spurs tonight, like a lot of nights.

there was a point in this game where the officiating was pretty bad.

but we all know that's part of the deal with this team. gotta play well enough to win the game AND make it so the officials can't exert too much influence.

we're really missing tony parker and dejounte murray. bryn forbes ain't nba ready regardless of how well he's playing in the d-league.

also the spurs had some appalling stretches of turning the ball over. i'm shocked that the box scores says only 14, but i guess they were at just the wrong times to gently caress up the game

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
*sigh* This is why we can't have nice one-seeds, Spurs.

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm
Chris Paul playing like poo poo in this 4th quarter

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm
The usual 4th quarter Clippers collapse

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm
DeAndre can't even catch a lob anymore

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm
The Clippers offense this year is missing so much transition points; one of the best points of their strength. W.t.f.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm
Good box out on offense by DJ for Blake's lay up

See? As soon as they pass fast down low good things happen

E: Clippers not upgrading their coaching staff this year is the biggest mistake they made

Hurry, Pelicans fire Gentry do we can get our offensive coordinator back

danucleus fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 16, 2017

• Locked thread