Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

so the GOP's healthcare plan is to basically save money by denying coverage to anyone who might actually need it, which basically laser focuses in on the elderly? is that a fair summary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

wow

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
This is basically my nightmare: The GOP healthcare bill dies somewhere in the house or senate, the executive branch takes some actions to gently caress up Obamacare [possibly essential care], but ultimately poisons its relationship with congress because it cannot control the various factions into working together to do anything. CR maayybee passes, but lmao if you think a budget is. Legislative action dies until September when Paul Ryan is unable to whip the crazies in the house and somehow manages to blow up the debt ceiling.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

around that time i think we all end up dying in nuclear hellfire

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

comingafteryouall posted:

so the GOP's healthcare plan is to basically save money by denying coverage to anyone who might actually need it, which basically laser focuses in on the elderly? is that a fair summary?

That is how Paul Ryan actually thinks insurance works so

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Schnorkles posted:

This is basically my nightmare: The GOP healthcare bill dies somewhere in the house or senate, the executive branch takes some actions to gently caress up Obamacare [possibly essential care], but ultimately poisons its relationship with congress because it cannot control the various factions into working together to do anything. CR maayybee passes, but lmao if you think a budget is. Legislative action dies until September when Paul Ryan is unable to whip the crazies in the house and somehow manages to blow up the debt ceiling.

actually my nightmare is that trump and the gop peacefully cooperate with each other to successfully dismantle the u.s. government

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

The plan basically makes it completely unsustainable for anyone from the age of 50-64 to purchase health insurance unless they are making six digits a year. It simultaneously blows up medicaid.

Premiums end up coming down noticeably within 5 years because all the olds are cut from the pool.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

around that time i think we all end up dying in nuclear hellfire

Lol that owns

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

obama: death panels

republicans: no panels, just death for all

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i would like mccain to stop being such a loving cuck for once in his life and actually take the stands he says he does

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

We'll get to see Trump pull off his 'default on purpose to force a haircut' national debt management strategy.

LOL when he inevitable says 'man who knew this national debt stuff was so complicated'.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Thundercracker posted:

I would like for you to explain to me the plot of Lost Highway. I've seen it twice and still don't understand any of it.

This trailer was the poo poo though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nKjO9QCSic

well it goes a little something like this:

david lynch

there you go, you're caught up

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Thundercracker posted:

I would like for you to explain to me the plot of Lost Highway. I've seen it twice and still don't understand any of it.

its very similar to mulholland dr, both are about dreams and trying to deny reality. key is when bill pullman tells the detective something like "i dont like to remember stuff how it happened, i like to remember it how i want" and the cop is like this is totally normal

ie he killed his wife

imo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Schnorkles posted:

yeah probaly. i think its honestly kinda likely now.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

what the gently caress? :psyduck:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

nah if there's one thing the gop can agree on it's grifting money, i think the debt ceiling is fine

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i would like mccain to stop being such a loving cuck for once in his life and actually take the stands he says he does

I've posted that "don't loving talk to me about John McCain unless he died" article at least once a day this week

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

No, the savings part is directly loving the poor

The part where they let insurers charge the eldery 5x that of young people is what will gently caress over old people

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

hi liter posted:

We'll get to see Trump pull off his 'default on purpose to force a haircut' national debt management strategy.

LOL when he inevitable says 'man who knew this national debt stuff was so complicated'.

lol that anyone would take a haircut without years of lawsuits. This would be worse, economically, than a nuclear strike on San Francisco.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

as ive mentioned multiple times, the best part of this GOP bill is how laser focused it is on loving their own constituency harder than anyone else.

LETS KILL THE RURAL WHITE OLDS :byodood:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

holy poo poo

be

careful

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So that they can blame dems and milk them for all they're worth before they die

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

The United States of America, a nation that for better or worse holds more sway over the future of human civilization than any other one nation in the twenty-first century, is profoundly stupid

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JimKilbane/status/842213186292060160

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Forged: solid-silver play button

Pro click
Pro subscribe

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

I mean yeah, it's hot air, but it's loving weird to have it manifest against another Republican senator like that.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Yinlock posted:

Greatest Accidental Troll Of All Time Donald Trump Successfully Makes USA Care Mad

loving try hard government care abouters lol!@

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

as ive mentioned multiple times, the best part of this GOP bill is how laser focused it is on loving their own constituency harder than anyone else.

LETS KILL THE RURAL WHITE OLDS :byodood:

I mean, if you want to get economic moochers off the public dole old people in red states are the biggest moochers of all

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

SpaceGoku posted:

holy poo poo

be

careful

this has always been the danger of this particular group of republicans in the house and a poisoned relationship with a WH that they control

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Thundercracker posted:

The soundtrack was incredible also.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I -think- Ryan is willing to vacate the hastert rule and ram it through with Democrats.

And McConnell will have Ted Cruz kidnapped and his kidneys removed if he tries to hold things up

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lost highway is good but inland empire is pro tier movie

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://mobile.twitter.com/FiveRights/status/842173618490609665

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

russia RUSSIA russia RUSSIA russia RUSSASIHASIH

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"We're far better people than these savage countries, and in my next breath I'm going to use these countries as the ideal we should strive for" *takes sip of coffee mug containing pure corn syrup*

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Schnorkles posted:

And McConnell will have Ted Cruz kidnapped and his kidneys removed if he tries to hold things up

Justice finally done to the Zodiac Killer, wow.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

lmao hawaii

a state with no history of being attacked

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lynch's masterpiece is twin peaks

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/842172227349016577

And Ted Cruz effortlessly claims the scalp of another republican speaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Schnorkles posted:

this has always been the danger of this particular group of republicans in the house and a poisoned relationship with a WH that they control

"hello I am Donald Trump I literally called myself the king of debt and bragged about my bankruptcies and no one cared, I was still elected"
*50 days later*
"hmm nah they'll probably keep the debt ceiling this'll be fine"

• Locked thread