Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Imagine every character prefaces everything they say with "my face is tired" then the animations make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Admiral Ray posted:

"My face is tired from dealing with [pause] everything."

Story of my life babe.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

man nurse posted:

I haven't read anything in this thread. I preordered the game and I hope that it's good and that I enjoy it.

i heard this is what scott ryder said about signing on to andromeda

godspeed, pathfinder

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Drifter posted:

Like, the sentences don't combine to create a sensical dialog.

I hadn't realized it earlier but this is kind of a problem throughout. Dialogue isn't edited any better then it's written.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

Zelder posted:

This triggered a fight or flight response in my brain

haha I miss you Zelder. I miss those heady days before evil triumphed in like every possible sphere, all within the same short timeframe. I legitimately hope you are well.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Drifter posted:

This doesn't make any sense. Like, the sentences don't combine to create a sensical dialog.

Jesus CHrist that's so bad.

It makes sense in context. Her face being tired is a really stupid line though.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Turbl posted:

It makes sense in context. Her face being tired is a really stupid line though.

They could have at least used the "hands over face" animation from Inquisition, if not the trilogy, when she said that line. The lines are said with this assumption that there's visible emotion to help carry them but with every face being stone flat it hurts.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

TIME FOR MY TEN CENTS BOOOYEAH

The sound design is real good, the graphics are decent (on high, i5 4670K, 780Ti and like 8GB of RAM), performance is good, environmental design seems okay (so far) and some of the skills feel really cool.
The initial guns (pistol and AR since I can't work out how to equip a new gun) seem pretty weh, the powers seem a little powerful, the squad commands are a bunch worse and the Camera just kind of... is. EDIT: I also forgot that the character faces vary wildly from "okay, that fits about right" and "holy poo poo, makeup remover is a thing you know?" - human characters seem to be by far the worst affected which is problematic when 95% of the characters you encounter in the first 2-3 hours are humans.
The UI is ME1 levels of loving terrible, the character animations are janky as gently caress, Ryder's dialogue and writing seems to vacillate wildly between "I FUCKEN GOT THIS BOIS" and "where am i i dont even", the dialogue in general is pretty garbage and the first 2-3 hours are going to be "poo poo IS HAPPENING!".

I don't hate the game, but it feels like Dragon Age Inqusition paired awkwardly with the bones of Mass Effect.

Overall, it's a solid "meh". The character writing is always going to be a bit jarring, the UI is always going to be loving atrocious, but the squad commands, the combat balancing and the camera can all be improved and that will make it decent. Should also note I play using a Boner controller, and that seems decent and vaguely reasonable.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 16, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Schlesische posted:

I don't hate the game, but it feels like Dragon Age Inqusition paired awkwardly with the bones of Mass Effect.

The prophecy has been fulfilled.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
ME: Andromedos will be badass tho

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Mass Effect: ASSdromeda has anyone made this joke yetr

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Drifter posted:

This doesn't make any sense. Like, the sentences don't combine to create a sensical dialog.

You get punchier English from bootleg action figures.

Cripes.

"I want to hear what happened to your father, who just died horribly. Not the dying horribly, which is kind of the main thing, but some other crap, because reasons."

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Drifter posted:

I've read machine translated Russian and Chinese sentences that flowed better than it. It honestly sounds like it was written by an alien.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

who the gently caress wrote this

and who was giving voice direction

what is any of this

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Milky Moor posted:

what is any of this

this is the first one i've seen that I've thought "this has to be an edit"

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Why do their eyes move left to right like they're reading off cue cards?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

ME: Andromeda - My face is tired

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

DoctorGonzo posted:

long rear end report, sorry guys im really worried about my pc

edited that loving dump

Yeah man its fine. Its in the range of normal temperatures. You generally wouldn't ever hit 105C, or like, even 95C because your computer would have done a safety shutoff by then. Thats what made your original Speedfan screen caps so weird.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
does this game still have the vanguard (ya i know classes dont exist) charge

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Verviticus posted:

does this game still have the vanguard (ya i know classes dont exist) charge

Biotic Charge and yes. You can even use it in midair!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Milky Moor posted:

what is any of this

I thought this was redubbed as a joke or edited or something. What the gently caress?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

JBP posted:

I thought this was redubbed as a joke or edited or something. What the gently caress?

No that is legit and confusing enough that I exited that convo to find a less idiotic person.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Admiral Ray posted:

"My face is tired from dealing with [pause] everything."

I was going to mention that earlier but thought I must have misheard.

:stare:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Admiral Ray posted:

No that is legit and confusing enough that I exited that convo to find a less idiotic person.

I get the feeling she's somewhat important or, to put it another way, someone you're going to end up talking to for missions and background info far, far too much.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What uh, what's confusing man

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

eonwe posted:

ya multiplayer is fine, but your mileage may vary depending om how lovely a peer the game host is

Just tried my first round of multiplayer and lagged so badly I could barely move. Here's hoping that improves at some point.

Not a huge fan of KB+M aiming like a controller, either.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Admiral Ray posted:

That must be an in joke aimed at the lovely animation or time limits or something. Why would anyone write that?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Not a huge fan of KB+M aiming like a controller, either.

What's this mean?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
This is why I never pre-order until the last day. poo poo like this.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Schlesische posted:

I get the feeling she's somewhat important or, to put it another way, someone you're going to end up talking to for missions and background info far, far too much.

Yeah, she's one of the senior Nexus officials, I imagine she's going to get a fair amount of screen time.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

what is any of this

I have seen better written dialogue and animations in the Power Rangers marathon on twitch

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Yeah, he's fantastic in almost everything else, his delivery here is just REALLY phoned in for some reason.

I think at least part of it is the salarian modulation patched on top of the recording. upping the pitch without increasing the actual speed of his speech makes it sound p. crap, especially if you add his accent to that.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Digirat posted:

What's this mean?

The reticule floats around like I'm shoving it around with an analog stick, and it's either too sensitive or not enough. I never had trouble aiming in ME3, but I do in ME:A. Also doesn't help that enemies spend 80% of battles hiding behind cover.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
My take on the SP:

It's extremely okay aside from the legitimately bad animations. Of the two protagonists, it seems like Sara Ryder has more animation problems than Scott for some reason. Her model just didn't receive as much attention maybe? I don't know.

Multiplayer:

Does anyone have any idea why Stealth Grid sometimes just...doesn't work? I've been faffing about on the Avenger and I feel like it's kind of holding back my ability to play the class. There's no obvious reason why it sometimes just fizzles the gently caress out :shrug:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The reticule floats around like I'm shoving it around with an analog stick, and it's either too sensitive or not enough. I never had trouble aiming in ME3, but I do in ME:A. Also doesn't help that enemies spend 80% of battles hiding behind cover.

That hasn't been my experience.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I started watching a different MP stream and there appears to be one single death animation for enemies who get headshotted. Every single enemy here is just dying in the exact same fairly unresponsive way that does not appear to correspond to what they were hit with or where they were hit from. gently caress the SP facial animation and voice acting, why does the game look so much weaker to play?

FronzelNeekburm posted:

This sounds like mouse acceleration to me. Is there an option to turn it off?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Is this actually real? Not a voiceover someone has edited in there? It's so unbelievably bad.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Bardeh posted:

Is this actually real? Not a voiceover someone has edited in there? It's so unbelievably bad.

Yep, it's real. While the dialogue in general isn't so much bad as it is aggressively perfunctory, it's received seemingly zero editing, leading occasionally to lines like that.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
The single player is in such a hurry to get you to the story stuff it just blows by all the opening beats, that combined with the really weird dialogue/face stuff as mentioned, and I might just not play the single player on launch? What the heck is going on with Mass Effect???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

How well does it handle kb/m? Any keys you can't remap?