Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My parent's flight back to Florida was cancelled due to the storm, so I ended up picking my dad from the airport in Boston, then driving him to the airport in Providence to get his car, then on the way, realizing he didn't pay a loving plow guy to do his driveway despite it being a mile long and them making a loving ridiculous amount of money, so then followed him home and dug out his driveway enough so he could park his car in it. My mother btw, is taking a different flight that gets into Boston at 1am, so she can go immediately to work and sleep in her palatial office.

Also can anyone think of a use for like 500 size 0 1980's era Murphy Brown powersuits? I'm cleaning out my parent's attic and outside of giving every tiny tween girl who shops at the Salvation army the interview outfit of her dreams, I got nothing .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Kalli posted:

My parent's flight back to Florida was cancelled due to the storm, so I ended up picking my dad from the airport in Boston, then driving him to the airport in Providence to get his car, then on the way, realizing he didn't pay a loving plow guy to do his driveway despite it being a mile long and them making a loving ridiculous amount of money, so then followed him home and dug out his driveway enough so he could park his car in it. My mother btw, is taking a different flight that gets into Boston at 1am, so she can go immediately to work and sleep in her palatial office.

Also can anyone think of a use for like 500 size 0 1980's era Murphy Brown powersuits? I'm cleaning out my parent's attic and outside of giving every tiny tween girl who shops at the Salvation army the interview outfit of her dreams, I got nothing .

Retro music video?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Chichevache posted:

God forbid your stupid loving team doesn't win again this year.

the almighty point spread is my only team, my team's not in it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

my dad was a farmer in India and he has a crazy set of skills such as making cheese and butter from scratch or fixing cars without ever needing to go to Youtube

My dad was a carpenter his entire adult life and could either build or fix just about anything. He passed away last year and the funeral was a bunch of stories about all the ridiculous buildings and other things he built or helped build.

Not a bad way to leave a mark on the world all things considered.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Three weeks until I have 10 days off baby

Woodworking is fun as poo poo. I can't wait to start building stuff again.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
i get one day off a week but I'm, most of the time, at work for under 4 hours a day (and less than half an hour of actual work per day) so it evens out

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
We doing the Goon Draft? About time to start a thread

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

warcrimes posted:

We doing the Goon Draft? About time to start a thread

i'll start the wiki draft the olineman

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
With the first pick in the TFF draft I select

Lord Waffle Beard

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

With the first pick in the TFF draft I select

Lord Waffle Beard

I hear his production drops to zero when the team falls behind.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
can anyone recommend healthy and good tasting cereals to eat for breakfast? i haven't eaten cereal for breakfast in years but want to go back to it because i want a break from just eating leftovers from the night before

thanks a bunchness

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Mar 16, 2017

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
corn elder flakes with a little bit of sugar, or honey bunches of oats

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chromatic posted:

can anyone recommend healthy and good tasting cereals to eat for breakfast? i haven't eaten cereal for breakfast in years but want to go back to it because i want a break from just eating leftovers from the night before

thanks a bunchness

Oatmeal

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Craig K posted:

honey bunches of oats

not a bad suggestion, but i use this site to look up potential new foods before i introduce them into my diet and honey bunches of oats has several strikes against it.

is this legit or is this site full of poo poo

http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=product&id=B1158B00-126E-11E0-BF92-FEFD45A4D471

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chromatic posted:

thanks a bunchness
Kashi has some good cereals

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chromatic posted:

thanks a bunchness

wheaties, the breakfast of champions

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Just get that Fiber 1 cereal or whatever.

Good eats and a healthy poo poo.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

If you're sick of leftovers, why not just get some eggs. You can make a whole variety of omelets in less than ten minutes that'd all be way healthier and tastier than cereal.

Dice up some onions, sautee some spinach, add a little goat cheese and you have an amazing breakfast omelet.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
When I was a kid it was Kix or Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I know this does not help your adult cereal search, but drat did Cinnamon Toast Crunch own.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sataere posted:

If you're sick of leftovers, why not just get some eggs. You can make a whole variety of omelets in less than ten minutes that'd all be way healthier and tastier than cereal.

Dice up some onions, sautee some spinach, add a little goat cheese and you have an amazing breakfast omelet.

this sounds like a lot of trouble I'm just going to eat a protein bar

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ehud posted:

Honestly, I thought this way to, at first. I don't know if anyone here preps meals for the week on the weekend, but all you do is put the ingredients in a zip lock bag in the fridge ahead of time.

Just melt butter in saucepan. Once it's melted, throw in the spinach and onions. Once that's done, whip some eggs, heavy cream and a little salt and pepper and add that. (You can prep this ahead of time too, if inclined, I just don't ) Once eggs are cooked on both sides, just put it on a plate, add your goat cheese and voila.

It's really just three steps. Melt butter, cook veggies and mix in eggs.

EDIT: Looking at that, I am not sure I made my case that it's simple. :v:

Sataere fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 16, 2017

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

When I was a kid it was Kix or Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I know this does not help your adult cereal search, but drat did Cinnamon Toast Crunch own.

"Did"?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Ehud posted:

this guy gets it

ikr

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I do simple breakfasts during the week, usually cereal like Trader Joe's bran flakes and almond milk with some frozen fruit (i toss the fruit around in a pan for a minute or two to thaw it slightly). Sometimes plain greek yogurt with walnuts, honey and a dash of cinnamon.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They sell this granola at Costco and it is absolutely delicious especially with some fresh fruit thrown in.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I loving love ancient grains, I've been rocking a bread called "Ezekial" bread which is made using a recipe found in the Bible, food from antiquity is the best

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Chromatic posted:

thanks a bunchness

I eat Nature's Path pumpkin flax seed: http://www.target.com/p/nature-s-pa...tQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Costco sells a bigger box. If it tastes too "wheaty" for you, add some yogurt with your flavor of choice to it. I usually buy a big container of yogurt from the store and mix it in with some vanilla almond milk. It's delicious and gives you a decent amount of fiber to start your day.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chromatic posted:

this guy gets it

ikr

It went down hill after they removed the other chefs from the marketing. Like when they got rid of the dog for Cookie Crisp

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I have started preparing a breakfast that is black lentils, black beans, broccoli and cauliflower cut into tiny florets, red onions, some chia seeds, all doused in some olive oil and sometimes with some cheese sprinkled on top. Its not incredibly delicious but I can tell that I eat it later in day, because I have more energy and just feel good.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I've already eaten the breakfast and lunch I brought and could very well see myself eating my dinner before 1 PM

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I am in the mood for the most delicious snack in the world

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

They sell this granola at Costco and it is absolutely delicious especially with some fresh fruit thrown in.

My man.

I love mixing delicious granola with some light yogurt and then add fresh pineapple / watermelon ( or whatever fruit you want).

Add coffee.

You are in for a light awesome breakfast.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I loving love ancient grains, I've been rocking a bread called "Ezekial" bread which is made using a recipe found in the Bible, food from antiquity is the best

My grandma used to only have Ezekiel bread in the house and when I would go over there she would make me toast with fresh jam and it was p. good

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ehud posted:

wheaties, the breakfast of champions

Get the gently caress outta here, Michael Jordan.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Who eats cereal over the age of 22

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
goons

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Blitz7x posted:

Who eats cereal over the age of 22

Who actually bitches about people eating healthy breakfast food ?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Yeah, did. The last time I ate it was years ago and it was good but not as good as when I was a child. Eat eggs for breakfast.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Just don't eat breakfast at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Does anyone remember the cereal Triples?

I ate the poo poo out of that as a kid

• Locked thread