Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Rascyc posted:

So don't bother fury stacking until April arena changes come out. Yeah?
Vantage users can safely take it because they're using it more for HP control as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

Vantage users can safely take it because they're using it more for HP control as well.

Hope you have 4* hinatas to mulch!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

akulanization posted:

Hope you have 4* hinatas to mulch!
Literally the only reason I haven't feather'd his stupid punchable loving face.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Looks like dragons can transfer skills regardless of color or unit type . . .

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ubiquitus posted:

Looks like dragons can transfer skills regardless of color or unit type . . .

Oh cool, female Corrins debuff breath can be moved around.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

It looks like you also can't transfer skills from units that are past a certain level or stat count? Wtf?

e: nope this is just janky as gently caress

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ubiquitus posted:

It looks like you also can't transfer skills from units that are past a certain level or stat count? Wtf?

Unfavorite the mulched unit.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ubiquitus posted:

Don't forget to unlock.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This might be an overreaction but I'm really not sure I want to play this anymore

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

That's a hell of a Hana.

TheKingofSprings posted:

This might be an overreaction but I'm really not sure I want to play this anymore

It's actually not as bad as it might have been. You can only transfer skills the mulched unit actually could learn, so to get the sickest combos you have to generally have a very specific 4* unit (say Lon'qu or Reinhardt for vantage 3). Or you need a 5* unit. This means that chasing an ~optimal layout~ is a fool's errand and most characters should just add things they lack to their skill set.

Like you need a 4* Hinata to pass on Fury 3 if you want to do that. And getting Hinata's useless rear end to level 20 is something to do in the game.

akulanization fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 16, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
With wary fighter getting locked down I am not too worried personally.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm just giving cut-in skills to characters I like so that I can actually see/hear their special attack stuff. Hector, Stahl, Barst... maybe Subaki.

Not sure on who's better now, Roy or Corrin. Corrin gets a built-in Darting Blow 2 on his weapon, Roy gets +2 Def/Res when he's being attacked and has Seal Def 3.. I've got a 4* Corrin I can mulch to give him Dragon Fang, or a Virion for Astra.

Also is the best skill to give everyone just Glimmer? I gave Hector Bonfire.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Arena's going to get a lot more annoying at least. They've got me invested for the near future though because training tower quests mean like 20 free orbs, and hoo boy do I like me some free orbs despite how long they're going to take to get.

akulanization posted:

Like you need a 4* Hinata to pass on Fury 3 if you want to do that. And getting Hinata's useless rear end to level 20 is something to do in the game.

Won't really take long when you can level someone up to 20 for basically a pittance of crystals.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
alfonse please. you're my boy, why can't you be good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Moonbow seems solid

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm just giving cut-in skills to characters I like so that I can actually see/hear their special attack stuff. Hector, Stahl, Barst... maybe Subaki.

Not sure on who's better now, Roy or Corrin. Corrin gets a built-in Darting Blow 2 on his weapon, Roy gets +2 Def/Res when he's being attacked and has Seal Def 3.. I've got a 4* Corrin I can mulch to give him Dragon Fang, or a Virion for Astra.

The best offensive proc is Luna, second best is Dragon Fang. Glimmer only helps you style on people you would already beat up imo.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Ninanananainainianianianainainaianainaan definitely needs a new breath, because situations where she wants to be attacking something to give adjacent allies buffs instead of just letting adjacent allies act again are rare.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

Ninanananainainianianianainainaianainaan definitely needs a new breath, because situations where she wants to be attacking something to give adjacent allies buffs instead of just letting adjacent allies act again are rare.

counterpoint, light breath looks real good and does more damage than lightning breath. Serious counterpoint, upgrading her without spending 20000 feathers for the privilege or mulching a YTiki is gonna be difficult.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Won't really take long when you can level someone up to 20 for basically a pittance of crystals.

It's like 5k iirc. Which isn't a lot of course, but you'll be out after doing it 2-4 times if you've been using crystals at all.

akulanization fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Mar 16, 2017

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tired Moritz posted:

alfonse please. you're my boy, why can't you be good
Brash Assault is decent for him. If/when he gets to 5-stars it even has the potential to make the follow-up attack even stronger. Also, Noontime is better for him than Sol, because he'll need the health back faster.

Basically, he's now slightly better than Seliph.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Well, looks like operation Sophia has been shelved. Wary Fighter would've been the only thing making her remotely usable with that Spd.

In other news, Hector now has Pivot and Wings of Mercy.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Anyone have any ideas what the 'equippable skills' bullet will mean for upcoming arena changes?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

akulanization posted:

counterpoint, light breath looks real good and does more damage than lightning breath. Serious counterpoint, upgrading her without spending 20000 feathers for the privilege or mulching a YTiki is gonna be difficult.

It's like 5k iirc. Which isn't nothing of course, but you'll be out after doing it 2-4 times if you've been using crystals at all.

fcorrin could take a vacation in the woodchipper?

wait, is Dance transferable to anyone?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ApplesandOranges posted:

Isn't glimmer a bonus to damage after defence is applied, so it only extra-kills weak things?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Clawtopsy posted:

Dance is unique, so it can't be transferred.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

You can't give her dark breath+ unless you have a 5* FCorrin hanging out.

Dance is tranferable to noone.

Clarste posted:

Well, looks like operation Sophia has been shelved. Wary Fighter would've been the only thing making her remotely usable with that Spd.

In other news, Hector now has Pivot and Wings of Mercy.

Sophia exists to give other people the dragon proc line.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I'm going to sac a 5* Tharja to give her tome to my +atk Lilina. I really, really want to make sure Takumi dies in one loving hit.

Get a 5* Odin and give his weapon to my +atk Linde. Julia gets Nino's weapon.

Finally Rally Defense to Eirika. 14 extra damage to one of my little tactical nukes.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Oh the irony, I only get Takumi envy after raping 213123 of them

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

sassassin posted:

Isn't glimmer a bonus to damage after defence is applied, so it only extra-kills weak things?

It's more like it has a short cd and can kill things that have really high hp relative to their defensive stats. It's still not as good as the procs that more or less win you the combat every time they activate.

Lord Ephraim posted:

I'm going to sac a 5* Tharja to give her tome to my +atk Lilina. I really, really want to make sure Takumi dies in one loving hit.

Get a 5* Odin and give his weapon to my +atk Linde. Julia gets Nino's weapon.

Finally Rally Defense to Eirika. 14 extra damage to one of my little tactical nukes.

Don't give Julia Nino's weapon. Nino's extra speed makes her a better candidate for it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm gonna see if I can make Azama the most useful tank/training tower bitch. He already has threaten attack or maybe health+ and live to serve?

edit: would it be better to have miracle instead since Azama already have Reconcile?

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 16, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I want to use Setsuna to give Kagero Bowbreaker. Does Setsuna need to have learned Rank 3 to transfer it to Kagero, or can I transfer rank 1 and train it up? Setsuna is 4* and has access to all 3 Ranks of bowbreaker, she just hasn't learnt them all

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Which should I give Tharja, desperation or vantage?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
If it wasn't obvious, you can't give people advantages against their weaknesses. So you can't give Odin(I've been using him as my guinea pig for now.) green-tome breaker you can give them same-type breaker skills.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

I want to use Setsuna to give Kagero Bowbreaker. Does Setsuna need to have learned Rank 3 to transfer it to Kagero, or can I transfer rank 1 and train it up? Setsuna is 4* and has access to all 3 Ranks of bowbreaker, she just hasn't learnt them all

The unit doesn't have to know the skill you want to pass on, they just have to be able to theoretically learn it.

Andrast posted:

Which should I give Tharja, desperation or vantage?

Desperation.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Huzzah! Now Kagero has Bowbreaker. Much more valuable than Shurikenbreaker, as her nature is +ATK and she oneshots every other Kagero I see.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Nuebot posted:

If it wasn't obvious, you can't give people advantages against their weaknesses. So you can't give Odin(I've been using him as my guinea pig for now.) green-tome breaker you can give them same-type breaker skills.
Well I can give female Corrin and Nowi sword breaker it seems heh

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Frederick's gonna be prime transfer fodder since he can pass Luna and Wings of Mercy. Lon'qu too, of course.

Arena's probably gonna go downhill soon, so I guess enjoy the feathers while they last?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
New training tower missions for lots of free orbs

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm suffering from some decision paralysis here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Frederick's gonna be prime transfer fodder since he can pass Luna and Wings of Mercy. Lon'qu too, of course.

Arena's probably gonna go downhill soon, so I guess enjoy the feathers while they last?

And Jagen. And Bartre (Fury 3)

Seems like this sets up for more gatcha BS. Reverse power creep introduced through new heroes with higher BST but crap skills to compensate for all the old heroes that are jacked with broken skills?