Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

that's coming in a future update I heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

they need to allow imgur posting or something, being locked to twitter and facebook actually sucks a lot

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

pissdude posted:

they need to allow imgur posting or something, being locked to twitter and facebook actually sucks a lot

You can post to Facebook but set privacy to "only me" and then grab it if you don't want to send dumb Zelda pics to all your friends for some reason.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Vince MechMahon posted:

You can post to Facebook but set privacy to "only me" and then grab it if you don't want to send dumb Zelda pics to all your friends for some reason.

i've been doing that but with a throwaway twitter

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Still Zelda'ing. Getting a little hyped for E3. I expect we'll see Mario, but I want to know what else is coming. Guys I can't start getting hyped for E3 this early.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
World of Goo has a calibration screen when you boot it up and it looks like the gyro is good enough to simulate pointing at the screen as if it were a wiimote with an IR bar.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Is lego city undercover worth $60 for a 3.5-4 year old game?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Checking out the coming soon section for the Switch and it's been updated with some info that might be useful for people planning their purchases.

Here's everything with a solid date/price info

March
17th - Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ $40USD
28th - Snake Pass - $20
28th - Has Been Heroes - $20
March - Pocket Rumble $10

April
4th - Lego City Undercover
25th - Puyo Puyo Tetris - $40
28th - Mario Kart $60
Mid-April Mr Shifty $15

May
26th - Ultra Street Fighter II $40

Spring~
Arms $60
Graceful Explosion Machine $15

Celeste $15
Syberia 3

------------------------------------------------

- Interesting to see Syberia 3 up on the official site, as I hadn't seen it announced anywhere previously.
- Good to see most indies are keeping the prices low and inline with what you'd expect to see on Steam/PS4/Xbone.
- I love Isaac to death, but I might hold off on grabbing it as I have it on Steam already and go for Snake Pass.
- Great to see a nice low US price for Has Been Heroes, as it's $40AUD ($30USD) to buy from a store here. Region free baby!

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

Is Binding of Isaac coming to the EU eShop on friday or am I gonna have to go get some american emoney?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:iiam:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nicalis if you are reading this send me a code for Isaac as I am too broke to afford a $50 game right now, and I really want to play Isaac on my Switch :v:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

a.lo posted:

Do I gotta send in my left joycon to Nintendo for fixing or do I get some sort of credit

People are calling Nintendo's support number and getting them replaced. I think they're doing that whole accelerated replacement thing where they bill you for the cost of the replacement and refund you once they receive your defective item(s). I really don't know if they've properly fixed the issue yet, though, so I'm waiting a good month or two, or until they make a formal announcement about it. All components are warrantied for a year.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I liked Binding Of Isaac ok but really it's not worth more than something like Snipperclips or FAST RMX. $40 is very, very steep for a five year old indie game. I'll be interested in seeing how Enter The Gungeon is priced.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Give me ARMS Nintendo

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I'm fairly certain the Switch is going to go down as one of Nintendo's greatest consoles. My non-gaming girlfriend now wants to buy her own because we constantly vie for which of our turns it is to play Zelda. This is huge, if Nintendo can sell her a console they can sell this thing to anyone

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Is lego city undercover worth $60 for a 3.5-4 year old game?

If you liked the Lego movies and liked grand theft auto then you should like this game. It's funny as hell with all the bad 80's cop movie cliches and parodies. $60 is a bit steep, it should have come in at $40 or less, but that's my opinion. They are taking advantage of a small Switch library.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

well why not posted:

I liked Binding Of Isaac ok but really it's not worth more than something like Snipperclips or FAST RMX. $40 is very, very steep for a five year old indie game. I'll be interested in seeing how Enter The Gungeon is priced.
It has the expansions in as well which are more recent. I think it's worth it if you enjoy the game and haven't already played it.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Yooka-Laylee is still happening in April, right? That's what I've been looking forward to.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I really want to rebuy Lego City but I am trying to be an adult and pay down some credit card debt first. Which will probably work to my advantage, I doubt I will be done with Breath of the Wild by the time it comes out and when I do get around to buying it, it will probably be much cheaper.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FiestaDePantalones posted:

Yooka-Laylee is still happening in April, right? That's what I've been looking forward to.

Don't think there is an announced date past "2017" at this point.

It's April 11th for every other platform tho

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ugh Piyo Puyo Tetris is in the Coming Soon section of the eShop at $39.99. I thought digital was supposed to be $30?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

You can drop bombs from the paraglider! :aaa:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

enojy posted:

Ugh Piyo Puyo Tetris is in the Coming Soon section of the eShop at $39.99. I thought digital was supposed to be $30?

I'm not paying $40 for a Tetris game unless it's Hunie Pop Tetris.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It has the expansions in as well which are more recent. I think it's worth it if you enjoy the game and haven't already played it.

how does one enjoy a game without playing it?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Man I don't wanna spend 360$ + tax on Zelda. But I apparently need that game inside me asap.

Man I hope that it isn't a one game system. But I guess the next Fire Emblem is getting released for it, so a two game system.

Of course first I need to actually be able to buy one. Good thing I have a lot of stuff to plow through in the interim.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

ChrisBTY posted:

Man I hope that it isn't a one game system.

It's a Nintendo system, not gonna happen unless you hate Nintendo games. Which you don't cause you want Zelda.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I finally folded and bought a Switch. Sadly Zelda was sold out and when the clerk tried talking up 1, 2 Switch, I decided to hold off on picking up anything there.

So what is worth playing on the Switch that isn't Zelda?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

PowerBeard posted:

Lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PowerBeard posted:

I finally folded and bought a Switch. Sadly Zelda was sold out and when the clerk tried talking up 1, 2 Switch, I decided to hold off on picking up anything there.

Do you have a significant other? If so Snipper Clips

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PowerBeard posted:

Buy Zelda on the eShop

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

PowerBeard posted:

AAA release? Not much else right now. The Indie releases are picking up steam. Get Blaster Master Zero, Binding of Isaac, SNipperclips, and that Wipeout clone.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Cartoon Man posted:

that Wipeout clone

FAST RMX

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

PowerBeard posted:

Voez and Blaster Master

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Speaking of Voez, is there any lag? Like when you tap a note, does everything feel in sync, audibly and visually? I deleted the iOS version almost immediately because of the lag (on a 7+, so I doubt it was my hardware.) I've been playing precise rhythm games for an embarrassingly long time, so I'm really sensitive (burgin' even) to discrepancies in timing.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

Non switch owner question unrelated to the very nice dick and balls. This screenshot looks good but a lot of the pictures and videos I have watched of this look like the brightness is turned up to max and there is no vibrancy to anything. Like this from eurogamer is an example of what I am seeing in a lot of screenshots and videos.

Is everyone just playing this with hosed up settings or what because I don't see the intense haziness in your picture.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

well why not posted:

how does one enjoy a game without playing it?
I mean if you end up enjoying it.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Abisteen posted:

Non switch owner question unrelated to the very nice dick and balls. This screenshot looks good but a lot of the pictures and videos I have watched of this look like the brightness is turned up to max and there is no vibrancy to anything. Like this from eurogamer is an example of what I am seeing in a lot of screenshots and videos.

Is everyone just playing this with hosed up settings or what because I don't see the intense haziness in your picture.

It's largely dependent on where you are, the time of day, and what the weather is like when you are playing. The game will look like both of those pics at certain points.

edit: also, I find that that screenshot don't look too hot but it works much better in motion (also the game is awesome).

chibi luda fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Mar 16, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Abisteen posted:

I'm strongly under the impression that they developed and playtested this game exclusively on full RGB monitors, because there's clearly more contrast on the Switch's own screen. It does tend to look washed out most of the time on my TV, although it's less offensive at sunset and night time. Turning full RGB on makes it look better even though my TV doesn't suppprt it AFAIK.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Abisteen posted:

This dude made a video about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIiijEKOFtU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

PowerBeard posted:

For stuff that is currently out, Shovel Knight is still really good and the Specter of Torment DLC (part of the Treasure Trove pack) is really fantastic, also pixel art looks real fantastic on the screen making it really nice to play in portable mode. In a similar vein to Shovel Knight, Blaster Master Zero is also really good with both being a throwback to the original NES game and updating things with more modern design. If you have someone to play local co-op with, then Snipperclips is really fantastic though playing it in single player does lose a bit of the charm and appeal. Voez is a really good rhythm game with all of its music being from Japanese, South Korean and Taiwanese indie composers, though keep in mind that it is a touchscreen only game so you can't play it in TV mode.

Now for things coming up soon there is Puyo Puyo Tetris, which comes out April 25th, which as you can guess from the name is a crossover game of both Puyo Puyo and Tetris in which you can play either style or play a mode that switches between the two styles of puzzle game (it is super good btw and a great showing for the whole idea of the joycons being individual controllers allowing you to play 2 player anywhere you bring it). Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (April 28th) is Mario Kart 8 from the Wii U but with all of the DLC packed in and a few additional things like Splatoon crossover stuff, the traditional battle modes and the ability to hold two items at once, so basically it is pretty great. On the upcoming indie front there is Has-Been Heroes which is a super neat looking lane based strategy RPG roguelike made by the people behind the Trine series.

By the way, does anyone else just prefer to use the joycons detached from anything over the controller shaped cradle thing? Not only do I find the controller thing to be kinda uncomfortable, the joycons being detached from anything is actually pretty nice and also allows me to reach new levels of lazy arm positions.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Mar 16, 2017

• Locked thread