Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Agoat posted:

Wings of Mercy on anything sounds godlike.

It's hilarious on armored units. Hector paradrop incoming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

AfroSquirrel posted:

It's hilarious on armored units. Hector paradrop incoming!

I imagine them to drop in like Halo's ODSTs

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Philip Rivers posted:

I had a second Hinata but I feathered him before the skill inheritance announcement :negative:

e: What about Darting Blow/Desperation for my +Atk/-Spd Lucina? Makes her better from 100-75, then way better from 75-50, and kinda worse from 50-0 vs Defiant Spd

I'm gonna do this on my Lucina. I'm also going to put Hone Speed on whoever I plan on using with her. Possibly Nino, possibly Takumi. Darting Blow + speed buff is better than Defiant Speed 100% of the time.

EDIT: I'm also thinking about Wings of Mercy on Nino so she can teleport to Lucina and murder yet another person with the extra +4 attack from Spur Attack on top of other buffs.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 16, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Philip Rivers posted:

My Eirika is so hosed for SP between Luna/Fury/Desperation :shepicide:

Currently my plan for Eirika is Moonbow/Fury/Quick Riposte. But that's probably just because I use her to bait people like Lucina and Ryoma. Moonbow is weaker than Luna, but fast enough to go off on the first encounter, killing whoever hits her. Also I have a bunch of 4* Odins rotting in my barracks. I guess Quick Riposte kinda contradicts Fury, but I usually only care about that first encounter anyway.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Mar 16, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Clarste posted:

Currently my plan for Eirika is Moonbow/Fury/Quick Riposte. But that's probably just because I use her to bait people like Lucina and Ryoma. Moonbow is weaker than Luna, but fast enough to go off on the first encounter, killing whoever hits her. Also I have a bunch of 4* Odins rotting in my barracks. I guess Quick Riposte kinda contradicts Fury, but I usually only care about that first encounter anyway.

You might get slightly more use out of Desperation or Brash Assault over Quick Riposte.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Maybe I'm misinterpreting but it feels like the game just became dramatically less F2P friendly by incentivizing players to mulch half their roster, up to and including their 5* characters who may have powerful and rare skills.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

You might get slightly more use out of Desperation or Brash Assault over Quick Riposte.

No, I already put Desperation on her and regretted it. Both it and Brash Assault only work when initiating an attack, and I basically use her 100% as bait to draw people towards Nino. She's not strong enough to ORKO anything important with Desperation anyway, but with Quick Riposte I get a fully charged Moonbow on her first encounter.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
There's too many options. I think it would be fun to melt a robin so Gunter could have Bonfire to go with Armored Blow. Even Arthur could get better. Does Armads cancel out Wary Fighter, or do you only do 1 counter-hit even above 80%? I don't think I can melt my 5* Effie anyway.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
It's the SP costs is more limiting than the actual sacrifical units. I'm sitting with four 4* Hinatas but everyone who wants Fury has about 60 or 70 SP. After I finish leveling a unit to 40, I don't use them anymore except a core team of 3 + bonus unit. Even a merged Lucina +1 only has 180 SP. Am I really suppose to sit in a tower gaining ~50 SP every four hours?

Also I feel like I should get a feather refund for making a 5* Bartre if Fury isn't going to help with arena scores anymore. That's his whole point: high BST and Hector/Effie slaying. Hector can now get wary fighter which puts more of a damper on my team comp.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Mar 16, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

potaties posted:

There's too many options. I think it would be fun to melt a robin so Gunter could have Bonfire to go with Armored Blow. Even Arthur could get better. Does Armads cancel out Wary Fighter, or do you only do 1 counter-hit even above 80%? I don't think I can melt my 5* Effie anyway.

Wary Fighter beats Armads. The two are basically counterproductive.

Arthur actually has pretty high BST (same as Bartre), so the two are decent pet projects if the meta gets overrun by blues.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Wary Fighter beats Armads. The two are basically counterproductive.

Actually, no, this surprises me a lot but Armads does override Wary Fighter. I see this all the time now that Nino has Fury and all arena battles have both Effie and Hector. I think it adds something like a Brave weapon effect to the counterattack.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Agoat posted:

Wings of Mercy on anything sounds godlike.

I'm considering putting it on my Azura so she can zoom around dancing at people.

Clarste posted:

Quick Riposte/Moonbow is a cool idea, I like it. I dunno what would be better than Fury short of Distant Counter, but if you're at the point where you're mulching Hectors then I think you can probably afford to experiment. Maybe swap Pivot for Reciprocal Aid?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Clarste posted:

I am the healer whisperer. I have 4 different 5* healers now. Ask me anything.

It is both my blessing and my curse.

Which one is your favorite little sister?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Scoss posted:

Maybe I'm misinterpreting but it feels like the game just became dramatically less F2P friendly by incentivizing players to mulch half their roster, up to and including their 5* characters who may have powerful and rare skills.

F2P players have had access to 3-400 orbs and should have way way waaaay more units than they can feasibly use already. Mulching 3/4s of their roster isn't a problem.

Accessing good skills is generally easier than accessing the good units. You can find Death Blow/Fury/Life & Death all over the place, including on some free units.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
So if i have all the Horse buffs, should i sacrifice Nino to Cecilla? +24 to damage dealt on top of the +12 attack sounds pretty good.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Nasgate posted:

So if i have all the Horse buffs, should i sacrifice Nino to Cecilla? +24 to damage dealt on top of the +12 attack sounds pretty good.

What are good inherits for Linde, Takumi and Nowi?

Also how exactly does this work? You sacrafise a character and it transfers all the skills over or some? Are he ones locked by rarity still locked? I'm very confused.

Do you need to have skills unlocked before transferring?

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Mar 16, 2017

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
im glad I never melted my second Takumi.

now the question is who gets Close Counter :getin:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

Also how exactly does this work? You sacrafise a character and it transfers all the skills over or some? Are he ones locked by rarity still locked? I'm very confused

You sacrifice a character and get to choose 3 of their skills to inherit. Different levels of the same skill count separately. The person being sacrificed doesn't need to have learned the skills, but they need to be able to learn them, which makes rarity important, since a 3* character won't be able to to teach anyone 4* skills. The person who inherits the skills starts with them unlearned; they're just added to their Learn Skill page. They cost 1.5 times as much SP and have the same prerequisites as usual.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MotU posted:

robin, to double punish any melee unit dumb enough to attack him

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

MotU posted:

I might melt my only Takumi for Linde lol

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Linde is probably not a good user of Close Counter, because she's super squishy.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Clarste posted:

They cost 1.5 times as much SP and have the same prerequisites as usual.

So do I have to xfer all levels of a skill to satisfy pre-reqs (i.e. Vantage 1 & 2 to qualify for 3)? Or do I just need the right star-level?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Generic Octopus posted:

So do I have to xfer all levels of a skill to satisfy pre-reqs (i.e. Vantage 1 & 2 to qualify for 3)?

Yes

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Generic Octopus posted:

So do I have to xfer all levels of a skill to satisfy pre-reqs (i.e. Vantage 1 & 2 to qualify for 3)? Or do I just need the right star-level?

The former.

If you want Vantage 3, Lon'qu is the easiest source, since he's the only character that can access it at 4*.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
man I got too many 5*s I wanna buff but idk how to go about them in the best way

Lucina
Reinhardt
Nino
Julia
MRobin
Takumi
Eirkia
Effie
Sanaki
Hinoka
Anna

plus a slew of others I don't care about

lol add Ninian to that in my pull just now

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

MotU posted:

Which slot does CC go into?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Agoat posted:

Which slot does CC go into?

Slot A, shared with stat buffs and such. Fury and Defiant Atk, etc.

Frankly I think Fury or Darting/Deadly Blow would be better on almost all ranged characters, simply because they're not tanky enough to make good use of Close Counter.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
so I am thinking Brave Lance on Effie since Wary Fighter and maybe stick a Rally [Stat(Defense?)] on Eirika for Ultimate Nino Buffs

other than that i'm paralyzed by choice

also maybe Noontime on Effie too just to keep up Wary Fighter with Brave Lance+

also Pivot

MotU fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Mar 16, 2017

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Clarste posted:

Frankly I think Fury or Darting/Deadly Blow would be better on almost all ranged characters, simply because they're not tanky enough to make good use of Close Counter.

Give it to Effie. >:)

I'm wondering if Triangle Adept would be good for Robin. If his advantage over colorless applies then he could be a game changer. Especially with FRobin's tomebreaker. (Which wouldn't apply, but double attacks on blue are still good as heck.)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Agoat posted:

I'm wondering if Triangle Adept would be good for Robin. If his advantage over colorless applies then he could be a game changer. Especially with FRobin's tomebreaker. (Which wouldn't apply, but double attacks on blue are still good as heck.)

it does apply I am pretty sure, so he has Triangle Adept Advantage over 2 colors

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Agoat posted:

Close Counter and Distant Counter are different skills.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

MotU posted:

it does apply I am pretty sure, so he has Triangle Adept Advantage over 2 colors

That means I'm about to melt down my Roy into him. My Robin is going to be a machine.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ephraim needs 1050sp.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Aaaaaaaaand there's the Arena pairing me up against a team of x4 40+10 players. Again. gently caress me, arena balancing cannot come soon enough because this poo poo is just not loving fair.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

@Clarste what about just running Attack +3 over Fury 3 on Moonbow/QR Eirika? For the first pull its the same damage output since speed doesn't matter with QR and it's more likely to keep you above 70% health. Also I think skills are getting removed from the BST calculation for 1.2

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Is Odin onto Linde a good idea? Moonbow and tomebreaker

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Clarste posted:

Saizo has the same Base Defense as Effie. Give him a Rogue dagger and the enemy team would break upon him if they're all/mostly melee.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently ranking up a character keeps the skills they've earned? Seems like leveling a 4* into 5* is the best way to earn tons of SP. We won't get the chance to do that too often but my Effie is stacked 'cause of it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Roger Explosion posted:

Aaaaaaaaand there's the Arena pairing me up against a team of x4 40+10 players. Again. gently caress me, arena balancing cannot come soon enough because this poo poo is just not loving fair.

Because your team isn't hench as gently caress too, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
While I'm not excited about this change and I think it will ultimately make the game uninteresting, it does make summoning more interesting since you're not just hoping for a couple insanely badass characters anymore